MindGenius Reviews & Product Details

MindGenius Overview

What is MindGenius?

MindGenius is a practical project management tool designed for users eager to increase personal, team and organisational effectiveness. MindGenius helps you capture and visualise information easily, and seamlessly turning ideas into actionable project plans and tasks. MindGenius integrates with Microsoft Office, Outlook and Project, enhancing and complementing the tools that you already use every day.

MindGenius Details

MindGenius Reviews

Showing 19 MindGenius reviews
Already have MindGenius?
Marketing and communication
What do you like best?

MindGenius has been demonstrated profitable for a ton of undertakings to do and frequently used to end up putting post-it notes all over yet since moving to this piece of programming the venture the executive’s highlights take into consideration me to sit and concoct a conclusive arrangement which I would then be able to impart to others on when various errands should be finished. Particularly when in the approach GSCE's the point at which each second of time should be used well. Likewise, being a Mac client the capacity to get to the product through an internet browser implies I can work whenever without requiring my organizer and so forth to complete stuff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The past rendition of MindGenius stage was not as undertaking detailing amicable as current variants and it took a touch of experimentation to get the correct configurations for announcing especially on financials. While assets and time distributions are basic, we actually need to send out the activities to all the more costing driven programming items to get exact costings and following on costings for projects. No big deal as the similarity is acceptable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

At first, we utilized MindGenius to catch and make organized web arrangements from gatherings. We utilized the note-taking, dismantling of contemplations, and re-development of brain guides to in a real sense make outlines and wireframes not long after gathering ends. At that point utilizing the guides to move straightforwardly to costing and undertaking plans was unfathomable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital support officer
What do you like best?

MindGenius is a software that we are using for quite some time and it resulted in enhancing the caliber of our work and helped us in managing our projects on daily basis. It has the capacity to export files easily to other software like office and PowerPoint and has made our work very quick and prompt. MindGenius is also serving us with its exceptional features in the costing and planning of projects. We are now capable of keeping our clients up to date as it helped us in seeing everything related to a project and the same we can show to our clients and project creating and project collaboration is very easy with this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

All I don’t like about it is its cost which is pretty high and makes it highly unaffordable for us. Software like MindGenius should be available at a reasonable price because they are needed by all businesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MindGenius, a nextgen software supporting us in managing our projects with much effectiveness and helped us in enhancing our productivity. Its integration with Microsoft office is highly appreciative and its features like costing and project planning are very much beneficial for us .by using it our relation with our clients has become very transparent and we can keep them up to date related to project progress. Its price is the only thing I would consider as its demerit otherwise apart from hat there isn’t anything to mind about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

one of the things that I like the most about mindgenius is that it has a fairly easy-to-use interface, since it allows us to use it without many problems.In addition, it has integrations with Microsoft Office, which is something very excellent since it simplifies the process. since office is used in all departments of the company The creation of maps has no complications since it is simple, powerful and easy to use. mindgenius also has a wide variety of predesigned templates that allow us to adapt our work in a simple and creative way Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the only thing I would like to improve about mindgenius is that it be multiplatform and thus being able to connect from any device, be it a tablet, cell phone or Mac, is something that would help us to work or modify some work on the fly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

mindgenius has allowed us to develop all kinds of projects within the company, generating a number of ideas to apply to all our projects so that in this way it would be something new, innovative and original Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Analytics
What do you like best?

A tool to better manage your projects, you can use it both personally and personally, and thus organize your assigned tasks and activities on a daily basis. It is a tool that allows you to work in three stages to carry out your project, the first is to set the objectives to be treated and brainstorm ideas, points of view and opinions to know if there is any change or modification; the second assemble as a kind of template or diagram stating the objectives and what will be carried out; and finally start the project execution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a tool that despite its multiple and favorable functions, its interface is a bit confusing and not very intuitive for users, at the moment of getting on it it delays activities a bit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an ideal tool more than anything for personal use or small groups, through it you can manage a brainstorm of ideas, opinions and points of view about a plan or project. With it you can inform or share the results of your projects already related to the research or business to be arranged. It has the option of being able to enter from different teams and allow viewing the plan without inconvenience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a very useful tool in our organization, which is why we implement it in almost all departments of the organization. Through this tool we manage all our projects that we want to implement, MindGenius allows us to manage from the moment we have the idea to the ideas and strategies that must be applied for it to be completed. With this tool the organization can plan meetings between the members of a team to give opinions and points of view that they wish to carry out or to make some change, modification of strategies to achieve the development of the project together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Science Teacher
Biotechnology
What do you like best?

Due to my work I have a lot of tasks to do and often used to find myself putting post-it notes everywhere but since moving to this bit of software the project management features allow for me to sit and come up with a decisive plan which I can then share with others on when different tasks need to be done. Especially when in the run up to GSCE's when every second of time needs to be utilised well. Also being a Mac user the ability to access the software through a web-browser means I can work anytime without needing my planner etc to get stuff done Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It did take me a while to get used to the format and controls of the program but using the help section and a little googling all the issues I was facing got easily solved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

having tried other products which I have also written reviews for I am always looking for better more practical ways to reduce the work load and also the impact we have on the planet with paper being wasted etc. This program gives me all of the features I needed to do this under one simple easy to use package. I am a huge fan of producing mind maps to see my ideas and innovations and the ability to add web links, images and text, then to colour code based which tasks I am completing makes tasks that could take hours take minutes. I would highly recommend this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I found when I was trying to co-ordinate my team and keep on top of the tasks I needed to do I was making lots of note and scribbling in a diary and then loosing pages of crossing things out repeatedly, by removing the paper aspect of my work I have also reduced the large amount of emails going back and forth as the work is easily found and with others being able to update it as they complete tasks, there is a easy obvious way to see the progress of the work being done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

MindGenius 2018 is definitely improved to a high level of user friendlyness, making also easy to export content to software such as the Microsoft Office suite ones, and last but not least having easy to use analytical capabilities and reporting functions.

As it is really easy tu use, it also enables quickly collaboration between cross-functional teams or between remote locations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have been using the 3 latest versions of MindGenius and now I have very little if no issues using this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the trial version of MindGenius : you will soon adopt it ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use primarily MindGenius 2018 to manage my ideas and structure brainstorming activities, either in small groups or in larger teams. It appears that the product saves time and thus money in a lot of collaborative sessions. By setting standard ways to work and standard ways to represent the results, it enables also work between cross-cultural teams. In large teams (> 10 people), it reduces to 1-2 hours the lead time to being operational in large work sessions or dedicated workshops. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Director
Airlines/Aviation
What do you like best?

Mind Genius is easy to use, easy to change and easy to export to a range of other software such as PowerPoint, Word, pdf etc I have used it for many years and rolled it out to colleagues and even to consultants working for me. It has amazing flexibility from the suite of templates or from using it free-hand, which is what I normally do. it saves time & money but above all it delivers solutions which may not have been apparent at the beginning of a project Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As Mind Genius has developed over the years, the "dislikes" have disappeared and Mind genius 2018 is a now a well developed tool for any business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the trial from Mind Genius, you won't regret it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've used this primarily in approaching business efficiency exercises but also when dealing with expansive operations projects as the software captures the issues and they can be easily linked to better understand the "big picture" Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director - Client Services
Human Resources
What do you like best?

What I like is that we can take clients from initial meeting - to project brief - to costing and project planning - to simulations - to sign off - and production.

And then we can report - manage the project - handle exceptions - stay on track - modify - keep everyone up to date .

And frankly - MindGenius gives us a creative to practical edge with all "Thoughts Becoming Things" projects with excellent integration and collaboration at all times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Earlier versions were not as project reporting friendly as current versions and it took a bit of trial and error to get the right formats for reporting particularly on financials. Whilst resources and time allocations are simple , we still have to export the projects to more costing centric software products to get accurate costings and tracking on costings for projects. No biggie as compatibility is good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it. I played with it and was up and running within hours. I know there is still more I can do with the product and with each version more becomes available. I first started using MIndGenius back in 2000. This has become a standard in every business I have worked for, or consulted to, ever since 2001. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Initially we used MindGenius to capture and create structured web solutions from meetings. We used the note taking, disassembly of thoughts and re construction of mind maps to literally create blue prints and wire frames within hours of meeting conclusions. Then using the maps to move directly to costing and project plans was unbelievable. Literally saving us tens of thousand of dollars in man hours and more importantly helping us create products faster and better than we could have imagined. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Loved how we were able to keep all of our projects in line and flowing well at the one place. Not only were we able to see where everything was at at any given but, we were also able to show our clients the same thing making them aware what was happening and were it was going.

Some of our clients loved the system so much that they then also started using it themselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was not much to dislike as this was an easy and helpful system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used this to capture meetings and plan things, it is excellent, use it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping tasks on track was something we solved as with this system we can always tell where everything is at. The benefit we realized we have with this is also being able to share statuses with clients and invite them to contribute to projects by adding them to a project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CA
What do you like best?

I like the ability to capture ideas, some of which I don’t have at the start of any specific session with MindGenius, and I like the product’s ability to help me summarise non-fiction books and to do so such that I can:

• Clearly identify and remember their core messages and

• Re-read them at any later time in just a few minutes.

I also like the fact that the software allows me and others to work together to create a “group-intelligence” understanding of issues and produce better questions and better answers than any one of us could do…..and especially I like its ability to capture the ideas and energy when we talk and brainstorm together rather than allowing those ideas to escape into the ether and be lost.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot. But I prefer version 5 to version 6 and hope that subsequent versions restore some of the instinctive use-ability factors of the earlier version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you really give this product a useful workout on your work, your meetings, your projects and your archive – then there is a danger that, like me, you will do very little without it. Because the effort required to all that is not huge and certainly not huge given the rewards that flow its use, which include improvements in:

• Recall

• Control

• Commitments kept

• Projects delivered fully, on time and to budget

• Arguments won

• Customers and colleagues pleased and

• Successful collaborations

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

At the moment, I am writing a book about the toxins and deficiencies that can occur in workplaces and MindGenius has, over recent years, allowed me to produce succinct mapped summaries of a great many relevant books.

Now having loaded these maps into the cloud-version of MindGenius, Barvas, I can do a global search for key words, such as “Greed”, “Animosity”, and have Barvas point me to the text that uses those words and could be relevant.

This speeds up my writing process and overcomes my poor memory and the brutal fact that it is hard to hold the essence of even one book in my skull.

So, the benefits include:

• Speed

• An end to forgetfulness

• Completeness – as it accesses passages of books that didn’t register first time round

• Helping me to appear to be cleverer and better informed than I actually am and

• Help me to avoid misquoting other people

Senior Director, Corporate, Marketing & Sales Systems, Quality and IT PMO
Automotive
What do you like best?

MindGenius has a lot of mind mapping capabilities that are applicable to project management. The team has also implemented several smart features that improve overall usability including the Map Explorer and the ability to create a new node just by typing.

The tool is very helpful in brainstorming project scope and organizing project teams. The tool can be used to develop project scope statement, organization charts, project charter outline as well as represent project status in a mind map view.

As the mind map grows, the Map Explorer can be used to easily traverse the map.

I also had a chance to review the software at https://www.tacticalprojectmanagement.com/mindgenius-2018-mind-mapping-software/ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When editing a schedule in the Gantt Chart view, I have to double click on a cell to enter the value. It's not a show stopper but just a small usability nuance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pick a team to implement the mind mapping solution and learn from the team before cascading across the organization. Non-Mind Mapping teams will need a PDF or PowerPoint version of the map unless they have MindGenius installed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1. Improved scope definition

2. Better brainstorming sessions

3. Communicate high level timing

4. Leveraging one mind mapping format and then exporting to different Office formats Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of MBA Programmes
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I have been a long time user and advocate of MindGenius since first discovering mind mapping in the early 90's. I have used MindGenius extensively in the higher education sector with a range of student cohorts, undergraduate and postgraduate. I have found it can really transform a students ability to synthesise and structure their understanding of a range of topics and it works particularly well with students struggling to get started with their assignments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really - this is a well tested and robust product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a very well developed and mature product that was one of the first mind mapping pieces of software available and is probably the best on the market whether that is for large enterprises, SME's or individuals. The company support is excellent and they have been around for a long time. The application is stable and robust and there have never been any issues with roll out or ongoing support and development. Highly recommend it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have used MindGenius to structure and resource new projects and plan new educational programmes I have also used it to solve messy problems - it is particularly useful for group brainstorming as ideas and solutions can be put on the screen as the brainstorming takes place, then re-arranged, prioritised, people allocated to tasks and then the complete map can be exported to a document, presentation, project software etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Mind Genuis/BARVAS have struck the right balance between complexity and practicality. They have a product which facilitates effective Project Management from Project Planning through to Execution and Project Closure. Barvas allows a Project Manger to co-operatively work throught the more abstract planning and definition stages bringing structure to the project, generate a baseline schedule then allow management and tracking of project tasks and deliverables through easy to manage and maintain lists. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As a general statement I do not have any issues with this product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Most Project Managerment products provide complex tools which try to do everything. Mind Genuis/Barvas has provided a pragmmaintains easy to use drag and drop and menu driven interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

Our office consists of departments with very different needs from MindGenius, from Project Management, and mind maps to tracking tasks and we need a versatile piece of software to do it. I liked the fact that MindGenius despite all the things it can do is still straight forward and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I have so far come across is moving a Mind Genius account to another work station. I fully understand that the software copy protection needs to identify where it is to stop multiple copies being made, but the process of sorting this out is rather long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As I work in Marketing but also have projects to oversee, the ability to clearly see the different tasks I have and their current state makes my ability to prioritise much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like best about MindGenius is that this platform enhances our understanding and knowledge about visuals. The tool is good at connecting ideas and information by maps. Another aspect of MindGenius that I like is that the tool lets you manage your projects from how I want it from the beginning to the end when the outcomes are delivered. The platform has features that help you understand what the overall project goal and scope are. The most helpful part is that they schedule tasks, have check lists, and manage the project until it's completed to the end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of the aspects that I dislike but don't mind is the Solution Finder section. The reason being is that this section can be complicated and challenging. They have a structured methodology that will view gaps and holes from different views and perspectives to find the best solution possible. As this section is confusing and complicated, it is totally needed and useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend this platform tool to other users who are considering to partner with MindGenius. This tool has helped us project manage assignments, keep everyone on task with the timeline, and be clear about what the outcome goal and project scope is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of the business problems that we solved within our healthcare system is how to efficiently complete applications with CMS. There are multiple moving parts to this application project and this tool has helped us project manage all of the different moving parts. The benefit by using MindGenius is that we are more organized, on task, and clear about what our project scope is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CC
What do you like best?

I like mind mapping. I take notes using mind mapping. I run meetings using mind mapping. I run simple projects using mind mapping. I have tried many different mind mapping softwares. Mindgenius suits my needs best because it has a simple and easy to use "no-frills" interface. I find it especially useful to be able to type a thought and then simply hit return to start with the next thought. Most other mind mapping softwares require a conscious effort to click on a little tab on the selected box in order to generate another box - too time consuming. I also find the export functions, especially to Powerpoint and Word useful and simple to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The iPad app could be improved. Several other mind mapping softwares do the iPad app better. I would also like to see an iPhone app. I use the iPhone 7 plus and the screen is big enough to work on mind maps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The teams I lead are mostly Chinese with limited English ability. I find it very useful to run project meetings with Mindgenius projected on to a big screen. It is very easy for the participants to see the overall structure of the issues and the tasks which are assigned to themselves and to the other team members. Since I started using this technique some years ago, efficiency has increased dramatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IF
What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use, very intuitive. I don't use it for Mind Mapping in the classical sense of memorisation but use it to clarify my ideas, write reports, prepare presentations and manage projects. It also loans itself to teamwork to analyse and resolve problems. It requires minimal training to be able to create results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very little. I would like some other facilities in project management such as being able to add lead and lag times to links but this is fairly easy to overcome. There is a automatic project report which would be more useful with a little extra effort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try - it is easy to implement and simple to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MindGenius is providing us with an easy to use, full featured, project management tool which is easy to train. Notes taking in meetings can be used to generate action plans (and even sent out as tasks within Outlook). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

Makes it easy to take the randomness of some meetings and turn it into a meaningful project process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited ability to add fields to the Gantt chart which requires me to export to MS Project Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once you understand how the software can assist you, the next level of features suddenly make logical sense as they are what you are looking for next. Particularly like the export to MS Office based programs which makes it easy to quickly share the plan MG has helped create with non-users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Collation of ideas from the engineering team and easily letting me create a structure to tract the agreed effort Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tutor Coordinator/Associate Professor
What do you like best?

Mind Genius is a user friendly tool that provides a scaffolding for any planner. Whether a novice or experienced project planner or a junior high student completing a science fair project, this tool has templates and visuals to map out the path for the journey. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I struggled to intuitively use the keystrokes to create child or sibling level bubbles on the mind map. Instructions were provided but they just didn't stick well in my mind. I am also overly visual and had to spend more time than I should have in changing the color scheme and defining the styles I wanted to use on the individual levels of my mind map. Although there are preset templates that are ready to go, I needed to deviate from the model and I spent too much time changing details like font size or style etc. I am sure there is an easier way than the way I did it, but I couldn't find instructions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

MindGenius is an excellent investment for project or personal management. It is easy for a starter but also has the capacity to be used intricately by an expert. It also interfaces with other software. The company provides excellent support, as a person has always replied to me personally within 24 hours. They also provide a free reader if you need to export a mind map to display on a computer or system that does not have MindGenius. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a person that has multiple on-going projects simultaneously. The mind maps are a method for me to organize my ideas and steps so that they are also shareable. For example, I was in charge of analyzing faculty data sets on curriculum improvement plans. I aggregated the data and used the mind map to show the facets of the problem. I was able to then export this visual and share it with our Provost. He then actually requested I make him other mind maps that he could use as visuals in Deans and other leadership meetings/conferences. It is a wonderful tool for identifying missing steps, links, or in just sorting through seemingly unrelated information. I guess I have used it a lot for data analysis without realizing that's what I was doing. :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for MindGenius?

MindGenius Categories on G2