Manjaro

Manjaro is a user-friendly Linux distribution based on the independently developed Arch operating system.

Work for Manjaro?

Learning about Manjaro?

Compare Manjaro to Similar Solutions

Manjaro Reviews

Showing 10 Manjaro reviews
Manjaro review by Manthan M.
Manthan M.

"Best Linux Distro"

What do you like best?

I am a fan of manjaro for several reasons. First, I love the AUR. This is more of a feature of Arch, but the user repository essentially contains every single possible application. This makes installing any app really trivial and helps me get a new system running really quickly. I also love that everything is up to date AND nothing breaks. Manjaro brings a Ubuntu style release system on top of the rolling system of Arch. While I've never had anything break when I was using Arch, it is always nice knowing that the new packages are tested to work well before they are pushed to me. While this defeats the purpose of arch, it makes the user experience a little better. For the record I use Manjaro Gnome.

What do you dislike?

There isnt much I dislike. I am not a fan of the software the comes preinstalled with Manjaro Gnome, but its fine and pretty simple to re-theme myself and remove the bloat. The installer is O.K. at best, I personally prefer the ubuntu installer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should understand how linux works really really well before you try Manjaro. Arch is a very complicated system and you need a deep understanding to fully be able to use it.

I am using Manjaro to help my development. Since it is running Linux under the hood, it makes setting up developer tools really easy and all programming related software are optimized for linux.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Manjaro
Manjaro review by User

"Lightweight for speed but better for advanced users"

What do you like best?

I've tried Linux Mint and other options such as Arch but I like that Manjaro is more lightweight in comparison as it runs steam games faster so that I can also stream with better quality too

What do you dislike?

Installation can be smooth but when it is not, it's quite nerve wracking to troubleshoot. However, there is a active forum available for users that require support. I would probably dislike Manjaro more if I didn't have friends who are more advanced to help me out hence my title recommending that Manjaro is better for advanced users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the forum for support as much as possible. Everyone has to start somewhere and don't give up if you're feeling stuck. Manjaro can seem like it's not good for standard Windows users but it's known to have a easier installation process compared to Linux Arch

Manjaro has helped me with business by improving the quality of my streams to attract and maintain viewer count. I also get to improve my OS operation experience by using and learning about Manjaro

What Operating System solution do you use?

Manjaro review by Porfirio R.
Porfirio R.

"Great linux experience"

What do you like best?

I've been using Linux many years and tested different Linux distributions.

Lately i've been enjoying Arch Linux based distributions, and Manjaro just makes that experience very pleasant and so easy to install.

You can even choose from different flavors of DE

What do you dislike?

It have it's own repositories and do not use Arch Linux repositories.

This means it's always behind but also that the software released is more safe!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Manjaro give a great Linux experience, try it and you will never go back to Windows or MacOS

For a developer working with JavaScript, Java, Docker, etc, theres no better than Linux and Manjaro works really good for my work

"Arch without the fuss"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of install and rational defaults the OS chooses for you. It's a breeze compared to installing Arch. It's a great way to get started with the Arch side of linux. Let me test pacman and rolling releases without the time involved with getting used to arch and doing everything from scratch.

What do you dislike?

In a VM the install wasn't as easy as installing Ubuntu in virtual box. After a few extra steps everything was working well though. On a regular install I'm sure the install would have run flawlessly

Recommendations to others considering the product

If Arch is a scary proposition for you give Manjaro a shot to see if you like Pacman etc...

Manjaro was used for a web server. It did great for that purpose and I liked the UI that was the default on install.

Manjaro review by Alejandro M.
Alejandro M.

"One of the best pre-made Arch distributions"

What do you like best?

Its free, open source and it has a wide variety of desktop enviroments to choose from

What do you dislike?

It comes with a lot of software that migth be usefull but in my case I hardly use any of it

We use a open source SO so we dont need to depend on external companies to solve problems with it.

Manjaro review by Dhaveline L.
Dhaveline L.

"Uno de los mejores software"

What do you like best?

I like everything about Manjaro. It is excellent, very diverse and you can order the desk as you like.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's nothing I do not like about Manjaro. Of the software used in linux he is the best

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not stop using Manjaro. It is an excellent program and 100% safe

I can do the same things I did in windows with Manjaro. In addition, this system gives my computer more performance and keeps it virus-free

Manjaro review by Administrator

"Manjaro Linux"

What do you like best?

The hardware support is fantastic, all of my hardware just works without hassle and when installing on a new system I do not run into any issues whatsoever, just run the installation and I am good to go.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t really found anything about this Linux district that I dislike. It seems to be everything I need in a Linux OS right out of the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and see if it fits your needs

We needed an easy to deploy Linux system.

"user friendly "

What do you like best?

Its easy to understand if you only need it for something simple, but for the others who are a bit more savvy there is definitely a lot more to it

What do you dislike?

I think the updates are too frequent which made it a little bit frustrating to use. Other wise my experience with this is only minimal as of now

Recommendations to others considering the product

I

to be able to share work and store

Manjaro review by Administrator

"The best and getting better everyday."

What do you dislike?

It's bit complicated to install it and get going for someone who don't know OS installation. Hope they will make it more simpler for noobs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For both business and personal use, Manjaro is great. Just get some help online or offline to get it properly installed. Updates are very fast.

General and everyday bsi

"Manjaro is good"

What do you like best?

It is rolling release: it has the latest versions of the programs

What do you dislike?

Pacman and Octopi are not as intuitive as Gnome.

Gain security and stability.

Learning about Manjaro?

* We monitor all Manjaro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Manjaro to Similar Solutions