goosechase Reviews & Product Details

goosechase Overview

What is goosechase?

GooseChase is for smartphone users who are dissatisfied with the lack of real-world interaction and adventurousness in social games. GooseChase uses gamification to make scavenger-hunt-like activities incredibly competitive. It's social gaming for the real-world.

goosechase Details

Location
Already have goosechase?
MC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Scavenger hunt in downtown Savannah Ga. My guys loved it. I was able to set up a city wide scavenger hunt and run it with only the help of one other person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The app made checking in such a breeze. We were able to run the hunt with only 2 admins. Everyone loved being able to see and download their pictures at the end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was a little bit pricey but other than that nothing the user interface was perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Do it. It was great. Set up and use were easy on both ends. The app is easy to use but for setting up the event the web interface was the way to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Needed less people to administer the city wide scavenger hunt. It also saved the task so I can run the same event over and over with different groups of people Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OE
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

GooseChase helped me on the very first day of school! I created a digital scavenger hunt with all of my course policies. It was a great way for my students to learn what we would do for the year! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can create an activity quickly and easily. Students upload photos and information to the app in a game-type manner. It incorporates fun into learning! I also like that the students wanted to participate. They also liked that they can use their phones while learning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I didn't like. It was easy to create and implement! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Give it a try! It is easy to create and use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have had difficulty getting students to pay attention and access all of the information needed to start up the school year. With this app, my students had fun while signing up for our class website, learning about tutoring, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

My company used this app during our annual company-wide scavenger hunt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked how this app replaced the need for hauling notebooks and pens around the city with us. It's always so difficult to shuffle through pamphlets and keep track of all the milestones. I also like the feature that allows you to upload photo proof of milestone being visited in real time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Don't really have any complaints about this app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This helped so much with keeping everything competitive, organized and simple! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Special Projects Coordinator
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I used Goosechase for games with youth groups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to adjust scores in the fly and interact with teens in real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There were no aspects of Goosechase I did not like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Plan ahead and use the interaction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefit of Goosechase is the real-time interaction with players while they are still playing the game and out of contact otherwise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Our company does a yearly scavanger hunt. As the company has grown, it has become harder and harder to manage this event. We used goosechase this year to handle most of the details and it was by far the smoothest it has ever been. Helped with score keeping, so that we knew the winner at the end vs having to wait for everything to be tallied. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love being able to upload images/video directly through the app, seeing missions / point values, and keeping track of how my team ranked against other teams.

I also loved being able to see other teams posts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't love the 30second video limit as it cut off some of our recordings. I also had trouble getting logged in, but this is probably do more to user error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Goosechase made our most recent scavanger hunt the most successful one yet. It took out the headaches and added to the fun. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We used goosechase for a company-wide activity day. Helped us to communicate as we explored the city and competed in a photo scavenger hunt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Loved how customizable it is to your company. Our HR staff was able to include a lot of silly inside jokes, which the team loved. I also liked the live feed of other teams' progress. Made for a friendly & competitive activity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you have to take the photo within the app. Would be much easier to submit photos from your camera roll. We would have been able to capture better moments from throughout the day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staying organized & referencing the rules/tasks throughout our scavenger hunt. Kept everyone on the same page,. Easier than carrying around a packet of paper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I used this to track our team's progress relative to other teams' progress during a company scavenger hunt event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The live scoring and updated challenges were cool to see. I also liked the persistence aspect, I was able to access stuff uploaded during the hunt afterwards to show coworkers or anyone else curious about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When there were challenges with a precedence aspect, it was not obvious to me. A clearer indication of the order of challenges where applicable would be good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Keep in mind they can order challenges, if you don't respect that you can get a deduction for completing a challenge out of order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I solved my previously unknown desire to have a live score/rank for team events otherwise happening independently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GM
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We did an internal company scavenger hunt to bond and it helped us keep track. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It was so fun to watch other teams progress and see our real time level in the competition Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It took a long time to load and it ate my data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It brought me closer to my team and helped us have a fun day getting to know each other so we can collaborate better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We do this annual company event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Last year it was all done on paper. But this year they used goosechase and it was soooooo much easier to submit activities especially pictures & videos. the best part is you could watch as everyone participated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The events you hadn't completed yet were a little unwieldy to deal with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Employee communication during an out of office event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We hosted a scavenger hunt for our corporation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Allowed easy communication between hosts and users. As soon as a task was complete, it was simple to express this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only negatives were that the camera did not link at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Goosechase allowed for team building. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for goosechase?

goosechase Categories on G2