Google Cloud Firestore

Cloud Firestore is a NoSQL document database that lets you easily store, sync, and query data for your mobile and web apps - at global scale.

Work for Google Cloud Firestore?

Learning about Google Cloud Firestore?

Google Cloud Firestore Reviews

Showing 41 Google Cloud Firestore reviews
Google Cloud Firestore review by Vijay S.
Vijay S.

"Reviews for Google Cloud Firestore"

What do you like best?

It was exceptionally simple to get a firestore occurrence made . pushing rules by mean of the firebase device CLI was exceptionally simple.Pushing to Firestore from JavaScript is exceptionally simple. Different dialects are somewhat trickier, yet no significant obstacles. I utilized this with Java and JavaScript very effectively.

What do you dislike?

when i need to sort on numerous qualities, i need a list explicit to those properties.Arranging on one trait is consequently bolstered.I might want is an approach to change the undertaking id yet I likewise comprehend why it's difficult to execute that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has a better than average complementary plan, like that of Datastore.

Brisk usage time for a protected, versatile, adaptable datastore. Pay as you go was an extraordinary advantage also and enabled us to get something ready for action in an extremely short measure of time.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Google Cloud Firestore
Google Cloud Firestore review by User in Computer Software

"Firestore brings a fresh, exciting take on realtime document stores"

What do you like best?

My two top features are definitely the realtime capabilities through listeners, and the intuitive query model used by Firestore. Overall, the product shows a lot of promise, and it is nice to see a Firebase exclusive product graduate into mainstream GCP workflows.

The RBAC support is not the most intuitive, but rather powerful when applied properly.

Built in integrations with Cloud Functions, Firebase Auth, and other products make this a compelling replacement for Cloud Datastore, but isn't quite ready for the big leagues.

What do you dislike?

The product is still in beta, and therefore, as some serious signs of immaturity. I would not recommend using Firestore in a production environment at this time, and I'm also not a fan of how Google is announcing the deprecation of Datastore, and dictating a migration to Firestore on an unknown timeframe, when Firestore does not currently have support for the Datastore driver and models.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has a decent free tier, similar to that of Datastore.

- Realtime data through event listeners

- Client/Server batched writes, with a local state store included in the SDKs

- Out of the box support for document level RBAC

What Other Non-Relational Databases solution do you use?

Google Cloud Firestore review by Administrator

"Up and running in no time."

What do you like best?

It was very easy to get a Firestore instance created. Pushing rules via the firebase-tools CLI was very easy. Pushing to Firestore from JavaScript is very easy. Other languages are a bit trickier, but no major hurdles. I used this with Java and JavaScript very easily.

What do you dislike?

Biggest complaint is that the rules are a bit tricky to get right, and testing them isn't the easiest. Another issue is that creating indexes can be tricky if you have dynamic data. When you want to sort on multiple attributes, you need an index specific to those attributes. Sorting on one attribute is automatically supported.

Quick implementation time for a secure, scalable, flexible datastore. Pay as you go was a great benefit as well and allowed us to get something up and running in a very short amount of time.

Google Cloud Firestore review by User

"Great product but a bit rough around the edges"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use as a NoSQL store coupled with realtime capabilities that's highly scalable and managed. The mental model of how the database works maps very closely to Google Cloud Datastore

What do you dislike?

Some of the client libraries are a bit rough around the edges which is getting a lot better. I found a bug and reported it for what I think should be a pretty common use case, but that was when it was still in beta and not GA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you need NoSQL and the features of Cloud Firestore before you jump into it.

We're trying to allow users to have creative ways to flexibly store their data and map that data to a database with realtime capabilities.

Google Cloud Firestore review by User

"Front End Dev's Best Friend"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up authentication! (God send) Also firing up a NoSql DB quickly, implementation is pretty straight forward and you can write cloud functions all in JS to make updates if you want to keep it off the front end.

What do you dislike?

It's pretty new and just coming out of beta, so there is a lack of resources at the moment. Front End Masters just recently did a great workshop on it.

Setting up more than just a prototype. This can actually be a scalable product and no worries about costs and constantly working with dev ops on dumb little stuff.

Google Cloud Firestore review by Greg B.
Greg B.

"Easy to learn"

What do you like best?

Deploying React applications literally could not be easier. Authentication is easy to implement, and the database is super easy to use. Real-time database is super fast.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of a single draw back. I love the speed and simplicity. There is a learning curve, but that applies to anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it

I can quickly and easily deploy a demo app for a remote client. I use the real time database for a few of my apps and it's blazing fast.

Google Cloud Firestore review by Administrator

"Perfect way to quickly spin up an app"

What do you like best?

Firestore is easy to use, well-documented, and completely eliminates the need to build your own backend (especially for small apps).

What do you dislike?

The only thing I'd like is a way to change the project id but I also understand why it's hard to implement that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just start using it. The docs are pretty easy to read and there's a huge online community around the product.

Using Firestore eliminates the need for me to set up my own backend and with that means I don't need to worry about authentication, crash reporting, etc.

Google Cloud Firestore review by Emily N.
Emily N.

"My experience with Google Cloud Firestore has been exceptional and easy to use. "

What do you like best?

The upsides of using Google Firestore was the simplicity. It was so easy to use, and when I struggled the first time, customer service helped me immediately. Wonderful service and I’d recommend to anyone.

What do you dislike?

There’s not much that I dislike about Google Firestore. One thing that I found was tricky was creating indexes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great to store extra data! Easy to use, not complex. Great support system

It’s a secure data store, and it can hold so much for work.

Google Cloud Firestore review by User

"Great product, still testing to see if it’s better than real-time database"

What do you like best?

What I like best about the firestore is that it still maintains the real-time database aspects of having real-time updates and data, while being able to be a bit more flexible with your information. For example, now you can have arrays inside of your node.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about firestore is that it’s a bit overkill, for example to grab a whole collection inside of a custom promise function you have to set a callback when previously if you grabbed all the records from the real-time database that was it. It retrieved everything you specified.

I’ve realized that there’s a lot more flexibility in using firestore over real-time database

Google Cloud Firestore review by Shelbie S.
Shelbie S.

"Google Cloud Firestore Easy Product "

What do you like best?

I love the Google Cloud Firestore database because it is a time-saving cloud-based service that allows me to access my information on multiple devices in a seamless way. I travel a lot for work so it's super convenient that you are able to access the app without a wifi connection.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike about this product so far!

I haven't found anything I dislike about this product yet!

Google Cloud Firestore review by Rosemary M.
Rosemary M.

"Use it Daily"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that it is fast and easy to use and everything that is important that I upload automatically is stored in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most is that not a lot of other companies use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth the hassle, it is very easy to use and user friendly.

We are able to synchronize all our computers and share data within the company

Google Cloud Firestore review by Alfonse O.
Alfonse O.

"My experience "

What do you like best?

I like that I can access my data anywhere in the world and it's pretty safe.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the network gets slower than usual and we don't have so many time to check files.

We keep our patient's files on Google Cloud Firestone, that help us because we have 2 locations and we don't have to worry about their files when we go from one clinic to another.

Google Cloud Firestore review by Ravi B.
Ravi B.

"Review on Google Cloud Firestore"

What do you like best?

It has very intuitive query model.

Real-time capabilities through listeners.

Ease of use as it is a NoSQL store.

Implementation is pretty straight forward and easy to implement.

What do you dislike?

Cross collection queries are not available.

Price is bit on higher side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great database use it

Easy to use and implement.

All my database related problems are solved by this tool.

"Amazing experience"

What do you like best?

It simplifies storing, syncing, and querying data for my research

What do you dislike?

It is expensive. I would appreciate it more had it been more affordable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you go on trial first and see how it would fit your purposes before buying the product.

It has built-in security access control interface for my data.

Google Cloud Firestore review by User

"Company-wise Storage to Share"

What do you like best?

I like the Google Cloud Firestone because all of your information goes in one place and you can use it across devices or share it with other people who need to access it. It simplifies sharing information across the company.

What do you dislike?

I think with any technology there are always updates to be made and small glitches in the system, such as it booting you out sometimes. Overall, I don’t have many complaints about this software.

It makes sharing work with others very simple to do and less time consuming.

Google Cloud Firestore review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"It is good if you know how to use, but difficult to navigate at first"

What do you like best?

I like that it has a large capacity and can hold everything you need

What do you dislike?

I dislike the beginning process of getting to know the software

I am solving storage problems and problems of how to share information across multiple platforms. With google cloud, we can share info between many individuals

Google Cloud Firestore review by Taylor P.
Taylor P.

"My Google experience"

What do you like best?

That I can use it on my phone to save all my files and photos in one place.

What do you dislike?

That it losses memory sometimes. I have a difficult time finding certain things on there.

Looking for resources on there and looking up information I may have forgotten the name to.

"Syncing Done Right"

What do you like best?

I like how its extremely easy to download and sync files of all sizes, and assists in offline support too. That's key- syncing things while offline is great.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is honestly a bit off for me, but mainly not many downsides to this great backup and storage which is great. I like how easy and fast it is, but also it can take a bit to backup.

I'm able to back up all my storage from the platforms i have used during work.

Google Cloud Firestore review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"google cloud firestore"

What do you like best?

i love the google cloud firestore because it has alot of storage and its easy to navagate and it has alot of features as well as stuff to do

What do you dislike?

the downside of the google cloud firestore is that its always get viruses as well its hard to use at times

Recommendations to others considering the product

google cloud is one of the best apps to use to save whatever u want

the benefits are it has more storage as well as feature that are cool to use

Google Cloud Firestore review by User

"Great for use in real estate "

What do you like best?

The flexibility and ease of use is the best feature of Firestore, although I use another premium (paid) product besides Firestore

What do you dislike?

Definitely the customer support, it lacks in quality with chat... and very difficult to get a live person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Offer better customer support, even just better chat support (knowledgeable & responsive)

The ability to upload to the cloud and move between desktops and access it instantly is a great time saver. I think the time-saving benefit is worth having it.

Google Cloud Firestore review by Irving Q.
Irving Q.

"Its strengthforward common sense. "

What do you like best?

Google Cloud Firestone has a too software for data, computers that are handheld friendly with office and employment work.

What do you dislike?

It take a lot of hardship to make a software that stays current.

I have a social media and networking account.

Google Cloud Firestore review by Hailla V.
Hailla V.

"Google cloud firestore experience "

What do you like best?

great. Databases maintained through updates and no issues with missing data.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any issues using the google cloud firestore.

Used for NoSQL database maintenance and updates. Benefits are data backups and easy to use.

"No SQL database "

What do you like best?

similar to graph terminology like arangodb

What do you dislike?

We can not write the cross collection queries

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it supports the cross collection queries and multiple where conditions it solves many use cases

NO SQL database

"Google cloud"

What do you like best?

I like how easy google cloud is to use and that it helps free up my space!

What do you dislike?

I’m not the best with technology but I needed some help figuring out how to use it right away!

This is an easier way to free up space on other devices and files and keep everything in one safe spot. It also is convenient and can be accessed by many from many devices.

"No complaints here."

What do you like best?

The fact it can automatically scale your files and store large amounts of data. At working I’m always on the go and I need applications to help eliminate wasting time, google cloud Firestone does just that!

What do you dislike?

As my title says, no complaints here! Google fire cloud is very user friendly and the digital interface isn’t too hard to understand.

Not solving any problems, I’ve implemented it into my workplace!

Google Cloud Firestore review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Google Cluod is the future "

What do you like best?

The best thing I can say about Google Cloud is that it is simple easy and extremely convenient.

What do you dislike?

I really don't think there are any downsides to Google Cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple platform to safely share documents this is the software for it!

I realize that with Google cloud the need for usb device or emailing systems has become a thing of the past

Google Cloud Firestore review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Awesome! Love it..."

What do you like best?

Thank you so much Google... finally!! Awesome 👍👍 I really needed this in my life!! 5 🌟 so far!!

What do you dislike?

Not really much of anything like I said unexpected and if I had to critique something it would be probably just that the pricing is a little too much. meet Me halfway!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out!! 😁

Its made things much eaiser. I feel secure

Google Cloud Firestore review by User

"Such a helpful program!"

What do you like best?

The user interface is easily navigated.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I find this program to get a bit glitchy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely.do some research to make sure this software will be beneficial to your company, it was to mine and I love it, but it may not be to others.

The storage aspect is really great for my company

Google Cloud Firestore review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Overall a great database and platform for server"

What do you like best?

Google Cloud Firestone is very helpful because it is flexible for all many servers

What do you dislike?

One thing I didn't like about Google Cloud Firestone is its poor adaptability for different platforms.

It has put an ease in my work because it has great storage ability and is scalable.

Google Cloud Firestore review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Love the interface and clarity of use.

What do you dislike?

Not much! This is a solid product! Sometime there are a lot of updates, but other then that!

Firestone is quick and allows me to store all the databases I need on the cloud.

"So easy!"

What do you like best?

I liked that it was tremendously easy to sync files.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, i do not have anything negative to stay but Im sure with longer usage, something is bound to arise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just Give it a try

Keeping and storing files safely

"Dependable"

What do you like best?

It is easy to upload files and send to others even if you do not have a gmail account.

What do you dislike?

sometimes, the receiver of documents are unable to view them if they don’t have an account

File sharing, security, files

Google Cloud Firestore review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"It’s been a really good experience so far!"

What do you like best?

It is a good tool to use for my company and for my position that is works really well!

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how sometimes it freezes and glitches up!

I have realized it helps our company be more sufficient

"Google fire review"

What do you like best?

It’s easy to set up authentication. Implementation pretty straight forward to understand.

What do you dislike?

Just coming out of beta mode, so still could see minor details need to be figured out.

Allows me to develop creative ways to store data

"Great cloud database"

What do you like best?

The ability to sync online or offline across different devices

What do you dislike?

We are still in the stages of implementing this, and so far we haven't encountered any issues.

The need for a database to be used with global apps

Google Cloud Firestore review by Administrator in Information Services
Administrator in Information Services

"A bit complicated "

What do you like best?

Once you figure it out it’s amazing, but has a pretty though learning curve

What do you dislike?

Hard to adapting at first, needs time and resources

Storing and cache data to be reached from different platforms, mainly as a cache

Google Cloud Firestore review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Solid!"

What do you like best?

I like that as always, google is able to keep all my stuff in the same place

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the interface is not as useful

I have solved business problems that help keep organized

Google Cloud Firestore review by User

"Fantastic documentation and support. Firestore real time database is awesome"

What do you like best?

Extremely responsive real-time database that easily syncs with our React application.

What do you dislike?

Cost might be slightly prohibitive with scaling.

Real time database for our React application and a replacement for our previous use of deepstream.

Google Cloud Firestore review by User in Research
User in Research

"Google cloud firestore "

What do you like best?

Google cloud firestore is a straightforward database system.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if sql could be used as well.

It’s a fairly inexpensive way to store data and sync it across users.

"Connectivity"

What do you like best?

It is fast, easy, and intuitive to use.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be pricey and depends on the Network connection.

Helps with managing the IoT with all company gadgets.

Google Cloud Firestore review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Google user"

What do you like best?

I love the space provided with this program.

What do you dislike?

The downside is the user functionality.

It really hasn't helped much, but to keep things organized.

Learning about Google Cloud Firestore?

* We monitor all Google Cloud Firestore reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.