GoDaddy Reviews & Product Details

GoDaddy Overview

What is GoDaddy?

With more than 78 million domains under management, we have more experience than anyone. We'll make sure you find the right domain and that it's got a secure home online. More people trust us than any other domain provider. Since the right domain name can set you up for future success, you don't want to mess around. Go with the world's largest registrar. Every time you enter a name in our domain search box, our powerful engine searches the web's largest pool of names. There's no better place to find the right domain name for your business.

GoDaddy Details
Danish, German, English, French, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified)

GoDaddy offers everything you need to make a name for yourself on the Web, from domain names and website builders to complete eCommerce solutions.

GoDaddy
@GoDaddy
7,312 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

GoDaddy Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the GoDaddy community
Have you used GoDaddy before?

GoDaddy Reviews

Showing 663 GoDaddy reviews
Already have GoDaddy?
Business Manager
What do you like best?

Godaddy is a reliable and trustworthy domain and Webhosting provider in the market, it is a well-known company for offering its best product and services at very reasonable prices. Also, they give discount coupons and lots of new offers to their new and extising users to buy their products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really like the overall services of GoDaddy, so there is nothing to dislike with GoDaddy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I suggest this platform buy a new domain at very reasonable prices using their coupon codes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With the GoDaddy platform, we have purchased a few domains at great prices by using their coupons. All of the domains are working fine and effectively with this platform with no issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They make it mostly easy to buy a domain. It's a big name, easy to get an account, and there's a lot of support out there for the product. If I run into a problem, it's easy for me to find a friend or colleague that knows how to fix it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their support is horrible. Once they changed my nameservers (at 1am while I was sleeping) and then told me over the phone that they didn't. I had a verified email from them saying the name servers had been changed and they tried to tell me it wasn't a real email, even though when I logged into GoDaddy my nameservers really had been changed. My website was down for nearly a day because of this, and they had NO IDEA what happened. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you know what you're doing when it comes to networking and domains. GoDaddy is a tool but you must have other knowledge about what you're doing. If you don't know what a domain is, what a nameserver is, etc, then it's going to be difficult to get things set up the way you want.

GoDaddy also has aggressive upsells. I'm not a fan of some of their more deceptive selling. You don't need GoDaddy to host your website, you don't need their website builder, etc. Do your research before you agree to those things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have a website with my name of it! They also were easy to navigate when I wanted to update my nameservers to my host. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Event Organizer
What do you like best?

Personally was one of the first web hosting and development sites I learned about as a youth. Probably back when I was in Highschool I became aware of Godaddy and they always seemed like the go-to to get a .com website which at that time seemed more complex in other places than Godaddy made. The fact that so many people have registered such a diverse variety of domains and extensions allowing for some of the most creative site names I've ever encountered Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this time despite being glorious at many of its responsibilities, the only area Godaddy could use more proficiency in is actually upload speed. Most customers and webmasters may not see this as an issue YET, however certain industries may require a much higher upload speed than they are able to provide at this time, however it seems like their offerings will consistently increase over time in capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of the consistent suppliers for more than 5 of my websites over the course of my life and has served me, my industries, my professions and my dreams for countless years. Their pricing, reliability, and capabilities have always helped me establish some of my best work, and due to this many of my favorite moments have come as a result of what I've done with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how easy most of it is to do what you want and make it look inviting and interesting! You learn lots more as you go, too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that there are not many helpful features when adding in different options for your products for e-commerce. That should be easier to add tons of colors and then let them plug into each product that has those colors offered. I found it way too time consuming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes! It’s easy and will get you started! But , wait for a sale or promo code for large purchases! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m solving the issue of having to pay super high fees just to sell products on other websites like mercari by creating my own e-commerce site. I’m hopefully going to be saving a lot of money plus making it easier to list my products and be able to categorize them how I want to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Research Associate Professor
What do you like best?

Godaddy has the best offers for buying domains, most of the time you can buy a domain and with that a free domain. The support page is really easy to use and if you do not have web hosting, the web builder is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There should be promos for renews as well not only for new domains. There are not all the extensions of every country. Not all extensions for the domains are available, for example .hn o .com.hn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The best place for buying domains online, you can buy more than 20 different extensions and there are always promotions for new clients (including a free domain). As well, there are promo codes available for existing customers, the support page is really easy to use and if you do not have web hosting, the web builder is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fast and secure buying of domains, I have more than 10 domains with Godaddy. The best place for buying domains online, you can buy more than 20 different extensions and there are always promotions for new clients (including a free domain). Always support is really fast after making a request. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Jenny Lee of GoDaddy

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

J.L.

Digital Marketing and Web Analyst
What do you like best?

I have been using their services over the years, at least 8 years now. The fact that you can get almost kind of domain name you want for your website project is amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their prices sometimes can be a bit high, to be honest, but they are still the best in my view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GoDaddy is always the best place to get you domain names - I must say. Use them, that simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can easily refer them to my clients to get their domain names from them. This saves me time and discussion time because their platform is intuitive enough for anyone to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They allow it to be typically effortless to obtain a website. It is really a huge identify, simple to receive an account, and there is a good deal of assistance around to the product or service. If I operate right into a challenge, it really is quick for me to locate a colleague or colleague that is aware the way to resolve it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their addon charges are too much for a new individual, but the service is all good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I suggest the use of this company as they offer the best quality services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company site is perfectly hosted with GoDaddy server without any issue. Our site is having the most uptime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I used to be hired to make a website for companies that particularly requested using GoDaddy. I like the tranquility of creating a web site when using the template options. You can personalize the templates as per your wish and add or delete features because the business grows. Also, you'll be able to contact somebody who may be more skilled that will assist you build the website to satisfy your requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When you are obtaining a somewhat budget, clearly, you have to choose a software platform that will suit you or even your customer's needs. GoDaddy's prices are reasonable, once they do slap on several features training regimen that may drive the cost around more than whatever you initially budgeted in the situation you register. As my clients business elevated, my client saw the requirement to provide a couple of within the abilities that have been offered initially. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A good cheap and affordable Webhosting service, any new individual can acquire this and operate their site successfully. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With the use of GoDaddy web hosting service, I am successfully able to host my website without any issues. And my site is working almost 99 % uptime Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Company Owner
What do you like best?

Unlike all the other Godaddy, being a basic platform to use, it is very easy to manage domain services, hosting and products and with the godaddy pro platform it is possible to resell products very easily, it is worldwide and with very affordable prices. accessible to the market, if you are starting a business and your budget is very low, even the offers that godaddy offers are the best to achieve and help your business start to grow. As I explained before, its easy use makes it a very easy platform to use with very good internal connections when managing the DNS of a domain is very easy but they should allow custom dns easier to integrate to the platform something that I really like godaddy is the power to integrate a predesigned template to connect with websites or e-commerce platforms, which speeds up the connection and prevents any manual data from being entered that could delay the visibility of the site, which within all has many very useful tools although very basic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, Godaddy is a very large platform worldwide for the type of products it offers, I think they only stayed with the basics and have not continued to advance as their competitors have done when it comes to being at the forefront of offering solutions for e-commerce that is in such demand today. nIt needs to innovate more to be at the forefront of the times we are living by integrating digital payment solutions so that people who hire services with godaddy do not have to go to other sellers looking for services that are not found on the platform since being Such a large company should be able to provide all solutions in one place, in addition to selling dedicated servers, they should have more variety of them since they offer a very limited number of virtual servers and in the same way they must optimize the resources of shared servers and enter Another observation is that the vps should be more accessible since they contain very high costs after the first month of billing lso prices grow very quickly in subsequent payments Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a place with the necessary tools to start your online business quickly in a few minutes and get the tools you need godaddy in a very viable option that you will get from a domain, privacy, hosting and ssl from the same place to get everything The basic and necessary in this way start safely and that your clients see that you are the best option when obtaining a service from you. In Godaddy you will find a variety of very economical options during the first year of service as your business grows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When I started my online business and was looking for with few resources to start there, godaddy was offering solutions, although basic but very useful to start at a low cost, which allowed me to start with an electronic commerce platform and thus be able to own a domain with a moderate cost. When I need the most I have to say there was godaddy and it was the first platform that I used to start in online business, it helped me a lot because of the low cost and in addition, it had a lot of help for coupons that made me take my business to Another level quickly and easily without the need to make a large investment to be able to start being online quickly, I recommend godaddy to all people who want to start an online business and are looking for a quick and economical solution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

GoDaddy is good at what they do. They are a large-scale company so you pretty much know what you're going to get. Which can be good and bad. When GoDaddy is good and everything is going well everything is GREAT! Sometimes though, stuff happens and things break and that's when you wish you were with a smaller and more individualized company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

GoDaddy is first and foremost a company that has to make money. And a lot of it because of their size. When something breaks, whether it is my fault or GoDaddy's, I feel like they are ALWAYS trying to upsell me something or get me to spend money somehow. If you are a salesperson--you should work here! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GoDaddy can be helpful. The support staff is either amazing or not helpful--there is no in-between. They often times don't own up to GoDaddy being at fault so you have to hold their feet to the fire and keep them honest. They also want to continuously sell you and your company stuff or talk you in to getting upgrades, even when it's not needed. For what is needed from GoDaddy, a solid hosting and server platform, I can't complain, but they are a large company and they too have their faults. Good luck! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GoDaddy does all the hosting and support for many of my company's websites and being the web manager I work with them the most. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

GoDaddy templates are great for new business to get their products out in the market place and have back end tech support. They offer social media integration and email templates on the basic templates. Just what you need to have good web presence. You can also purchase your domain name through them and know it's secure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything costs and expires at different times. They will email surveys and coupons that are never applicable for what they are selling you. Your page/template is never upgradeable to what you need to grow your page or your business. For instance my business has over 300 items and each sells for 4 variables and in different quantities. After each sale I have to manually go in adjust that items inventory so I don't over sell to the next customer. I also cannot print out or download a report on my total inventory. It's just not there, not available. Ugh. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to keep it simple. By and large their customer support staff are good, very few rotten apples. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I tried to sign up with GoDaddy WooCommerce. Paid for it, received my phone call from the tech to get started. Had my list made and was all ready to go but then... She informed me that they would only load 15 of my items. Excuse me? I'm paying you $$$$s to build this and you are only loading 15 of my over 300 items?! Well what about pulling reports? Reply-no, that will have to be a third party plug-in. We can't advise you on that.

I have now received my refund, back to where I was, looking for an alternative. In case I didn't mention, I have been with GoDaddy since 2006. Started with a template, moved to Wordpress back before they supported it, so I built site on my own. Went back to template 4 years ago, built the site myself on the template. Now they support WP. I'm not going going back again, too much work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder-President
What do you like best?

The wide variety of domain extensions to choose from Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They keep increasing their renewal fees for all my domains and those I have referred to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep your domain renewal fees competitive. And make it easier to find things like changing the DNS and dropping the renewal fee from occurring each year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Price of renewal fees going up and improving the UX of their back office to find the management control of each domain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Marketing Executive
What do you like best?

Godaddy was really helpful in times to choose better domain name, the suggestions has been a great add on to choose if not this. The pricing is other best thing for which im a big fan of Godaddy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Overall its a good experience for me. Hope they continue the same. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One day i had a problem with the professional email configuration and the customer support helped me with each and every step to configure in a user friendly manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Internet Marketing Evangelist
What do you like best?

I have a GoDaddy Pro account, which lets each business owner retain control of their own domain, and I don't have to keep passwords for dozens of individual accounts. That's awesome.

And the customer service is off the chain, even during the pandemic. I usually make at least a couple of calls a month for various reasons, and the support staff is always cheerful and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of the account pages only works from an incognito window. No one knows why. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a try. The first time you have to reach out to customer support, you'll say, "Wow, Steve was right!" Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Every client can have their own account, keeping control of their own domain, and I don't have to keep track of everyone's passwords. It simplifies what used to be a headache.

I have had my own white-label domain registration in the past, and I prefer GoDaddy to that. Everything is easy to maintain, and the customer support is world-class. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Automation Expert
What do you like best?

The ease of buying the domains & professional emails. Their support has always been supportive in which plan to choose and installing, deploying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much, overall its good from my end as of now. Their services are really good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the best to buy domains & profesional emails. As, I have been using it for Almost 2 years as of now. The support is also good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This has really helped me a lot. In terms of buying profesional emails & websites. The support is very much good. I really appreciate their support team. They have been very very supportive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how simple and easy the website is to use. I like all of the features and additional options they have to offer. I love how knowledgeable their customer service is. I like the grace period that there is even if domain expires. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had more ways to alert you about expiring domains as well as an app built as well as the website which sends push notifications about urgent matters. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

An easy way to maintain and keep secure my domain name. To stop others from taking my name. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Transparency: GoDaddy is a company that values its customers. They are transparent with every detail of their services. Everything is made clear for the customers. This is not common with most of the hosting companies. I used to face extra charges whenever I used other hosting companies, I end up being charged for sitelock or any other service yet I wasn't in need of it.

Customer Support: I love the 24/7 customer support offered by GoDaddy. It doesn’t matter the time of the day that I need an issue resolved. I always find professional and friendly customer support online to handle my cases.

Great Packages: GoDaddy has packages for everyone. I can choose between Economy, Deluxe, Ultimate, and maximum packages that they offer. With this, I get to pay only for the services that I would need to get from the company. Every package also delivers exactly what they promise.

Reliability: There is no other company that’s reliable than GoDaddy. When you buy their packages, you get huge storage and unlimited bandwidth. In short, with GoDaddy, your website will always be found online by your audience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

GoDaddy charges extra fees for some of the essential services. For instance, you have to pay for SSL certificates and backup. These are critical services that I feel GoDaddy should offer them to their customers for free. Just like other companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes. I recommend GoDaddy to anyone looking for domain registration and hosting company that offers great services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use GoDaddy because of its transparency and reliability. I wouldn’t choose any other company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
What do you like best?

Domain registration/setup is easy, but the email and website services are very ancient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one-page free website editor looks like it hasn't been updated in over 10 years. It's unfortunate that they wouldn't put at least some effort into this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to register a new domain- great. If you're looking to put up a temporary website placeholder and will eventually be building out your site, you may want to look at other proviers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm using my domain/website as a personal branding site. Occasionally I do get some visitors based on references to the site on LinkedIn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Full Stack Web Developer
What do you like best?

GoDaddy provide excellent customer service which is available 24/7 and it can be accessed by Windows or Linux so no server specification. It is greatly integrated with all Microsoft apps and also provides hosting for word press. It is reasonable in pricing and one of the most known registrars. It gives great security and longevity and it is reliable and the support is outstanding. It loads page rapidly and works well with all web apps. The initial pricing is affordable and gives good value for money. It has amazing plans at reasonable prices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does not provide any cloud hosting in real-time and takes a lot of time in processing. I don't find any other cons for this amazing platform except these. People don't find it intuitive and also I faced issues while trying to put my products on and the problem is still not sum up yet by customer support. It gives poor performance sometimes and messed up my work many times. They just need to work on their support staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I found this platform and I purchased my domain through it and made all the processing very easy for me even though my website was not ready. It is affordable for anyone and they provide really reasonable prices. Overall it is good for users with fewer experiences and liked by our all team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

competitive pricing for my domain and implemented URL diversion very easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wasn't very straight forward with URL masking Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Renewed our domain and transferred with relative ease Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.