3.8 out of 5
Do you work for GoDaddy?

GoDaddy Reviews & Product Details

What is GoDaddy?

Go Daddy offers everything you need to make a name for yourself on the Web, from domain names and website builders to complete eCommerce solutions.

GoDaddy Profile Details

GoDaddy Profile Details

GoDaddy
Description
GoDaddy offers everything you need to make a name for yourself on the Web, from domain names and website builders to complete eCommerce solutions.
1997

GoDaddy Reviews

1-50 of 496 total GoDaddy reviews

GoDaddy Reviews

1-50 of 496 total GoDaddy reviews
GoDaddy review by Kyle M.
Web Producer

"GoDaddy is a good value as a web host and domain registrar"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy's pricing for most of their products are generally very low compared to competitors. Though there is some noticeable performance issues with certain products, particularly shared hosting, I think it performs relatively well considering the unpredictable server activity and speed factors that are inherant in shared hosting. About GoDaddy's customer service, I think you would be hard-pressed to find more pleasant and helpful phone support staff than some of the ones I often speak to at GoDaddy. Of course, not all will be top notch, but I've spoken to a few different reps that had incredible patience and kindness.

What do you dislike?

GoDaddy is somewhat well known for commonly having slow shared hosting performance. That's largely due to the amount of users on any given web server though. Also, they have some of the most ads or upselling I've ever seen on any website. When I go through the checkout process, I'm almost always bombarded with several other offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GoDaddy sometimes gets criticized for their slow pages, but if you're looking for a host and domain registrar that has many products that perform decently well for low prices, then GoDaddy is one of the most ideal choices.

For the prices, GoDaddy has been a reliable and decent performing web host, which is what I want overall. I understand that I can get faster page loads elsewhere, but GoDaddy is a large corporation that I feel comfortable hosting with since I find them to be more accountable for their actions should anything negative occur. Also, it's convenient for me to have as many web products, like domain names and web builders, located in once place.

GoDaddy review by Andy M.
Owner

"No Reason to Consider Anyone Else"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy is the gold standard. The feature set, administrative controls, tech support and cost/value proposition are simply the best. I've worked with other hosting platforms and there are many good ones out there, but GoDaddy is a "set-it-and-forget-it" solution. With over 50 websites being hosted for over 5 years now, I consider GoDaddy to be absolutely bullet-proof. And the telephone tech support is outstanding. Have never had to wait on hold for more than a few minutes and have never had to make multiple calls for the same issue.

What do you dislike?

The user interface can sometimes be a little clunky and it's not hard to "get lost". But tech support is very helpful and this is more a function of the incredibly diverse feature set than anything else.

Also would be nice if they didn't try and sell me so often. Seems like every time I log in I have to click through too many screens that I simply don't need to see.

Website hosting, email, URL Management and Domain Registration, Client URL and Portal Management.

GoDaddy review by Radhika M.
Software Developer

"Best Domain & Hosting provider"

What do you like best?

Godaddy is the market leader of providing domains at lower price compared to other players in the market. I usually purchase domains from Godaddy. Since it is reliable and the customer care providers very good assistance. It offers all kind of domain extensions like .com. in. co . org, co.in etc. It also offers hosting in three different plans. I have been using ultimate plan. The website has been almost uptime.The features offers on go daddy hosting is good. Other than this it offers website builder, seo tools, marketing , business email etc. To start with it offers hosting at lower price and gradually your website traffic increases you can upgrade to a higher version. Initially you don't need huge storage spaces so you can choose the basic package. It also offers VPS hosting and cloud hosting for larger projects. It is very easy to purchase domain from godaddy and website builder is a great tool. It helps to design the website by drag and drop facility. Anyone can create a website with no coding skills. It also take less time to setup. Hosting panel is also very easy to upload files and make any necessary changes .

What do you dislike?

Sometime it take very long time to get connected to customer care. Sometime the customer care executives are unable to provide the proper solution and it take time. Sometime the website gets down if you on shared hosting

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very good for purchasing domains. You can get the domains at lower prices. If you want to purchase hosting go for VPS or cloud hosting. Shared hosting I won't recommend

It is easy to purchase domains, hosting and other business solutions.It helps to make the website live in less time. One of the best domain and hosting provider on the world. I strongly recommend to give it a try.

GoDaddy review by Cy C.
Associate Consultant

"A good web host that has been around for as long as I can remember"

What do you like best?

Go Daddy has reasonable pricing and good customer support. It used to take a while to connect to a live person, but it's relatively quick to connect with them now. All the services I need or could possibly need for web hosting like database support, FTP accounts, web builders and email are all available on Go Daddy. The interface in my Go Daddy account is easy to work with. I can find all of the tools I need in the control panel, which is one page long with neatly organized sections.

What do you dislike?

Go Daddy's shared hosting servers generally have lots of users on them. I looked up the amount of users on a website that knows that information and found that there were thousands of users on my Go Daddy server. Having so many users can slow the loading times of all websites on that server. I don't really like the unpredictability of the server's performance at any given time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For websites that are not mission-critical, Go Daddy can be a low-cost and effective for your general web hosting needs. It can be a good way to host marketing landing pages and other web pages that are generally temporary in nature.

Go Daddy has been an overall reliable web hosting platform with convenient tools for managing various aspects of my website and associated services. When I call Go Daddy's customer support, they aren't too pushy about selling new services and will actually help to diagnose existing or possible performance and security issues related to my particular website configurations.

GoDaddy review by Charles G.
Associate Account Executive

"Abundant web service offerings with very nice customer support reps"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy offers a wide array of web-related services, which takes the confusion of using and connecting several services from different vendors. For instance, instead of registering a domain at one company, buying a hosting plan at another company and an email plan at yet a different company, I can buy ad use all of those services at GoDaddy. The pricing for most of GoDaddy's services are one of its strong points. The customer and technical support teams are usually easy to get a hold of and are almost always very friendly.

What do you dislike?

Though the customer support team can be very friendly, they seem to be obligated with selling additional services towards the end of our calls, which can be annoying and a waste of time. The loading speeds for typical web pages we host are not that fast compared to other web pages hosted at other companies. Signing up for services through the GoDaddy website can be a bit confusing. The layout isn't the most user friendly and there are a ton of upsell panels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would mainly recommend GoDaddy for basic web pages that don't require complex setup needs. Even though GoDaddy can be used for CMS platforms like WordPress and Joomla, you can probably find faster and more efficient hosting companies better suited for those.

GoDaddy has been a great value for hosting basic web pages that don't require any specialized support. If we do need to add databases or other dynamic features to our GoDaddy websites, we can do that if needed. GoDaddy usually does a good job at updating their backend software to meet the standards for most website needs, which is often very important for accessibility to some of our web pages. GoDaddy has allowed us to expand our digital marketing efforts without needing to spend a ton of money.

GoDaddy review by Brittany W.
Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle Vlogger/Blogger

"Great customer service, not so great everything else"

What do you like best?

Customer service was amazing, so that alone is something that I think deserves to be mentioned and helps GoDaddy as a company and product. For an individual who has little to no experience in handling domains and website hosting, GoDaddy makes the process fairly simple. The email hosting was also one of my favorite additions to my domain and hosting purchases. The control panel was also a great feature that was extremely easy to understand and use.

What do you dislike?

Prices are very expensive and you need to make sure what you are signing up for, as prices fluctuate and increase as your time with them continues. I found many times that I would be charged for something that I was unaware of signing up for, but as I mentioned in what I liked about the company, their customer service was very helpful in removing charges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore options. While GoDaddy might be the better option for some, I have found other companies to offer products that are more affordable and tailored to my specific needs.

I chose GoDaddy to help with registering for a domain and hosting a website for my brand. Being unfamiliar with handling that, I found that GoDaddy was extremely helpful in the initial registration and setup.

GoDaddy review by Ivan M.
Technical Services

"I've had bad experiences with GoDaddy and I advise all my customers against it"

What do you like best?

At least the hosting cPanel is undeniably well organized.

What do you dislike?

They seem to have dark patterns in all their website in order to bill you more. The "egg in the basket" is a common one, if you don't take special care when buying something from their shopping cart, you will end up with some domain services you don't actually need and you can execute yourself, such as Google website submitting.

Let me tell you a short story of why I dislike GoDaddy: Back in 2015, I developed a new website for a customer and he already happened to use GoDaddy. "No big deal," I said to myself, he had already a Wordpress installed, so migration from my development environment to GoDaddy hosting was needed. I backed up (via exporting it using phpMyAdmin's export feature) customers' database (or so I thought, hold this in your mind). I imported my Wordpress database, and the migration was a success. The customer was delighted, but he was not ready to go live with my site, so he requested to place back again his old website and we'll go live later.

When I tried to import the previous database it was corrupted, I quickly opened the ".SQL" file and at the end of the file there was a timeout error in HTML. GoDaddy's MySQL had a timeout while I was downloading the database exported. I couldn't restore the site, so I called support and they said they can restore a hosting backup, all I needed was to indicate which day of the backup I wanted and pay a small fee. Let me tell you something: $150 USD is no a small fee for a freelancer like I was these days.

I paid from my own pocket, and I was left with a bad taste of GoDaddy since these days. How come they have a backup restoration ready to place it in your shopping cart, but they do not extend the timeout of their MySQL servers a few seconds more? It was like just 30 seconds or less. It felt insidious to me, like a pitfall specifically put in place for the novices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very smart of the dark patterns they have. They are very smart about it. The checkboxes that will cost you money are enabled by default.

At least I can buy some domains TLDs that aren't found elsewhere, quickly grabbing those before anyone else does. When my preferred registrar enables the TLDs, I don't hesitate to transfer out my domains.

GoDaddy review by Alay R.
Software Developer

"Godaddy is good for register Domain name"

What do you like best?

Godaddy is good platform for register favourite domain name with any extension and buy web hosting ,digital marketing , web security services.Godaddy provide advance search engine for search domain name with different extensions.We can register domain name and host on godaddy web hosting.Godaddy provide linux and window web hosting we can choose our familiar one and link our domain name with web hosting and start building website on it.

What do you dislike?

Godaddy cpanel is very slow when we log into it.Godaddy not provide any guidelines documents and tutorials for learn about use of web hosting cpanel services.Sometimes its very difficult to manage more than 2 websites on goddady because we need to log into separately for manage one websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Register your domain name on godaddy.

Godaddy is very easy for register domain name and buy web hosting and build online website in few minutes.Godaddy provide seo and online marketing services this help us for grow our online website business.Godaddy services plan is some lower than other provider like bigrock and hostinger.

GoDaddy review by Kelly B.
Drone Pilot
Real Estate

"GoDaddy!"

What do you like best?

I like everything about GoDaddy! GoDaddy has streamlined the website/online presence to acquire websites within seconds. I have all my websites purchased through GoDaddy and will continue to have them. GoDaddy's customer service is by far one of the best I've worked with.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can really complain about godaddy is that they haven't offered me any discounts since I have about 70 websites with them. I wish they'd offer discounts to loyal customers like myself and others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pull the trigger. If you have not been using GoDaddy, I apologize for any of your problems you've had with your domain controllers and hosts! GoDaddy is one of the best on the market, but you'll have to pay a little more on the cost.

Every online business problem you can think, GoDaddy is making it work. GoDaddy go above and beyond in their customer support allow their customers to succeed. Anytime I had an issue with one of my websites, GoDaddy has always been there providing the best customer support as they say.

GoDaddy review by Pranav K.
Software Developer

"Godaddy is Awesome & Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Godaddy is awesome all in one platform for buy Domain name,Web hosting and all types of services that we need for manage our online website.Godaddy provide good search engine for find and search favorite domain names that we want to purchase.Godaddy provide email marketing and security services that we need for our website.Godaddy cutomer support team is very good if we have any questions support team give good solutions for us.We can link our domain name with web hosting on godaddy platform so we dont need to go on any other platform.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Godaddy customer support landline number is hold on for long waiting time.If we sign in into cpanel of web hosting it take few seconds for successfully log into it.If we host more than 1 websites on a single account its very frustating because every time we need to go onto main dashboard panel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must use Godaddy for buy domain and web hosting

We buy all online services for manage our client website on Godaddy platform.Godaddy provide different plan for buy domain names and web hosting it help us for purchase services as per our client time duration requirement.

GoDaddy review by Shardul G.
(10,001+ employees)

"Register your Domain name with Godaddy"

What do you like best?

Godaddy is awesome platform for Register and buy favourite Domain name , webhosting service and other services that we required for secure our online website.Godaddy also provide email marketing tools and seo services we can increase our website visitors by using this services.If we purchase domain name and webhosting services with godaddy we can link our domain name with webhosting servcie very easy and it well managed by godaddy.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its difficult to link purchased domain names on Godaddy with other webhosting service platform.Godaddy not provide any document for if we want to link domain name with other webhosting services.Godaddy webhosting cpanel processing time is not good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Godaddy provide everything that we need to build our online website.

Godaddy is very useful platform for us to Register domain name and buy webhosting and marketing tools services for build our online websites.Godaddy platform is good and easy to use as compared to other bigrock and hostinger platform.Godaddy is also budget friendly godaddy provide good discounts on products.Godaddy customer support team is very helpful for solve any issue related to any product.

GoDaddy review by Milan K.
(10,001+ employees)

"Perfect for Buy Domain Names"

What do you like best?

Godaddy is Perfect platform for buy domain names and web hosting.Godaddy is very easy to use platform.Godaddy provide best search engine for search favorite Domain names with different extension and provide different web hosting plan.Godaddy manage our domain and web hosting very well.We can purchase SSL certificate for secure our website.We can also purchase online marketing tools with Godaddy.

What do you dislike?

Godaddy allow limited number of email address to create with web hosting.Godaddy is bit expensive as compared other domain and web hosting seller.Godaddy customer support team responsive time is not good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Godaddy perfect for buy domain name and hosting service.

We can buy domain names , web hosting and online marketing tools for our client very easily with godaddy.Godaddy provide different types of hosting plans this help client to purchase hosting service in budget.Godaddy is single platform where all domain, hosting service and online marketing tools we can purchase so we dont need to go another platform.

GoDaddy review by Maulik A.
(10,001+ employees)

"Best platform for purchase Domain and Web Hosting"

What do you like best?

Godaddy is best platform for purchase domain , web hosting and web security such as ssl certificate for website.Godaddy provide search engine for search available domain name and we can choose and purchase domain name easily.we can filter available domain name with extension.Also we can purchase linux or window web hosting as per our requirement.Godaddy provide unlimited and limited space and bandwidth plan.The best thing of godaddy is that its very easy to use and find domain name and web hosting plan in our budget.

What do you dislike?

It's very complex to link new purchased domain name with web hosting.Web hosting take too much time for open and log into cpanel admin area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Godaddy is best platform for buy domain and webhosting

We purchase domain name and build and host website with Godaddy.Godaddy help us to deliver client website rapidly.Godaddy provide feature for autorenew domain and webhosting plan so we not need to worry about renew our plan.

GoDaddy review by John S.

"GoDaddy: Professional, but Expensive"

What do you like best?

We like how GoDaddy has Office 365 integrated into its email system, and we also enjoy how its domain and hosting platforms are very easy to use. We use Wordpress with GoDaddy's hosting, and we also use GoDaddy for our domain name and emails. We enjoy the GoDaddy themes for Wordpress as well; they are very professional.

What do you dislike?

We dislike how expensive GoDaddy hosting is; one year costs over $89 just for hosting. 1&1 is cheaper, starting at $11.88 for the first year, hosting, domains, and emails included! GoDaddy also makes Wordpress complicated with its page-builder for Wordpress, and Managed Wordpress just ruins Wordpress with more complications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that both your domain and your hosting is in GoDaddy, as well as your emails. Also make sure that you have enough money set aside for GoDaddy, if you so desire to use GoDaddy.

Through GoDaddy, we are solving the issue of domain, email, and hosting integration. Before GoDaddy, we were using Squarespace for hosting, and it was a disaster. Not only were the designs cheesy, but hosting was very expensive! By using GoDaddy for both our hosting and our domain needs, we eliminated a lot of hosting-domain integration issues.

GoDaddy review by Shawn M.
Office Administrator

"Average email for a business"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the administration being able to log in to every email adress with one click. Having your business name is your email is another advantage. The ability to continue to be able to add new employees as they get hired. The customer support is another plus. They always call to let you know about new updates or products & to check to ensure everything is going well. The security is good as well

What do you dislike?

Occasionally emails do not let you attach any documents, you have to save the email as a draft & re-open the email & try again. It is slower then my personal email accounts, such as gmail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure of any others

Staying in contact with potential & current clients. Having the ability to send vendors & co-workers messages electronically as well.

GoDaddy review by Cortney G.
Graduate Assistant- MBA and Certificate Programs Office
Higher Education

"Godaddy is great and I recommend this!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to obtain a website domain. Not only that, but the guidance and availability the website staff offers is amazing, and worth so much alone! I am in no way shape or form a website guru, but with their guidance they make it easy to use and execute. I also thoroughly appreciate how they have staff available to answer any questions you may have 24/7 every single day. I never have to wait for assistance if I need it.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have anything negative to say about this program. It's functions offered are great. If I had to say anything, I would say make renewing your website (yearly) easier and less time consuming. I also do not like that the company has received a lot of negative backlash in the media within the last 5 years...the CEO is questionable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say to get this software! You may need to research some things and about how the internet works with regards to websites and what not, but once you have that knowledge it will be a breeze for you.

I haven't solved any "problems" within my business, but this website has definitely allowed me to create my business virtually and allow it to become a more e-commerce business than before where it was more WOM (word of mouth) that allowed me to be relevant. I have increased my customers as well because location isn't as much an issue when your company is functioning online too. I love the advertising capabilities as well that they have. Advertising is crucial.

GoDaddy review by Ashish K.
Java Developer
(10,001+ employees)

"Best Place to purchase domain!!!!!"

What do you like best?

Their Customer Support is awesome and they will guide in the entire process of buying domain and web hosting. Their plans are quite cheap to look for. They provide free SSL certificates, email & office services and help them to install too. This should be the first place for anyone to start a website.

What do you dislike?

I have faced issues in renewing the licence and also server down multiple times. Due to their cheap prices, I think they are deteriorating services too. They offer a discount to domains but not on web hosting plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a one-stop solution to all your domain and server related requirement, then you should try GoDaddy as it is best in its class.

we build and deliver the website to our clients, so we are using go daddy to purchase domains and also to host our websites on server. the major reason to go with the godaddy is low cost and excellent support service as they becomes handy incase of server down.

GoDaddy review by Ashish B.

"Godaddy Review"

What do you like best?

Godaddy is good platform for purchase domain name , web hosting and online marketing tool such as SEO and Email marketing tool.Godaddy provide best search engine for find available domain name.We can purchase domain name with different extension name.Godaddy have best web hosting plan we can purchase web hosting plan in our budget.Godaddy provide linux and window web hosting.We can purchase as per our platform interest.

What do you dislike?

Godaddy web hosting take too much time for login into Cpanel admin panel.Godaddy Domain manager is not good for manage large number of domain name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must use godaddy for purchase domain name , web hosting and email marketing tool

We use godaddy for purchase domain name , web hosting and email marketing tool for our client.Godaddy save our time we can purchase domain name,web hosting and marketing tool on a single platform without going onto different platform.

GoDaddy review by Dheeraj M.
Senior Software Developer
(10,001+ employees)

"Best place to buy your Domain and host your website"

What do you like best?

Godaddy was mine first to purchase domains and host websites, and it haven't disappointed me. It is a great place to start your online journey. It is very easy to setup and place order. Their customer support is awesome and provides quick and effective resolution of your query. you can get SSL certificates too. Their control panel is quite intiutive and setting which are there are effecient to use.

What do you dislike?

The main con of this site is its cost, it is far more costlier than hostgator, and bluehost.Their online website builder tool is also not very effective and easy to use. you can face many downtime on their shared webhosting plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only suggestion will be if you want to buy a domain then it is the best platform, but please refer hostgator orr bluehost if you want to purchase webhosting as their plans are more effective and cheap. Their customer service is good and thus makes the entire onboarding easy and painless.

We have used this site to purchase different domains and the experience was too easy and quick. We have also used their web hosting plan to host our website. Their plans are not very cheap but above average industry rate.

GoDaddy review by Emmanuel D.
Technical Support Engineer
Computer & Network Security

"GoDaddy Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use

They use cPanel and the truth is that the interface is easy to follow. Although the registration process could be easier. Some pages of cPanel are not completely translated into Spanish.

Domain names

If you sign up for a year or more, you'll have a free .com, .co, .org or .net domain.

What do you dislike?

Databases:

They limit the number of databases that you can have.

SSL encryption not included:

Other providers offer Let's Encrypt so you can have SSL encryption (https) at no additional cost.

Speed:

Although it is not the slowest web hosting on the market, we expected more from this global giant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion, it is a solvent hosting and that fulfills its function. But for the price it costs, they should offer a little more, other alternatives of similar prices offer much more quality and better support.

Definitely, Goddady is one of the most serious companies in the current market, where you have to be careful with companies that only want to cheat their customers. Well, with Goddady the renovations have the same cost that they tell you since you buy the domain. With this you avoid unpleasant moments to see that your domains will go much more expensive.

GoDaddy review by Michael B.

"Great Support 24x7 / Tech Support Reminds me of a Used Car Salesman "

What do you like best?

I most like the availability of support staff. Whenever I need something, someone answers, and it is exceedingly rare if they can't direct me to fix my problem.

What do you dislike?

Without fail, whenever you call Godaddy for a support need, the guy on the other end will typically try to up-sell you. I realize that is their job, but I also want to say "do you know how many clients I have brought you"? Shall I list the customer numbers? Another issue I find troubling is related to reporting and resource allocation. Most of our websites don't produce a lot of traffic for most of the year. When it is getting close to our event, particularly the day before, the day of and the day after, we get tons of traffic. This year, multiple people reported that they were not able to access our website. This is partially my fault for not anticipating the resource issue, but when I called GoDaddy to figure out was was going on, they literally had no way to view the traffic in real time, so I could figure out what resources to allocate or how to prevent it moving forward. I was flabbergasted. When I pushed the technician, we got annoyed with me because I chose a shared product (which is what they recommended). Also, given all the ways they try to up-sell me, one would think they'd have a mechanism in place so that when they see on their end that I am running up against resource issues or worse, that my audience cannot access the site, they's get some sort of trigger to call me preemptively. Maybe that's the critical moment you should try to up-sell me.

Between 10 different accounts, I am managing multiple websites. We use Godaddy to host our company's intranet and extranet. We also use it to host the websites of several races we produce. Each race we produce has its own brand and identity, and the shared hosting plan allows us to spin up multiple websites.

GoDaddy review by Vijay V.
Digital Marketing Manager

"Simple & highly reliable Web hosting service, Web builder is okay."

What do you like best?

For the newbies to the space, Godaddy is a great option to start with, for purchasing domains & web hosting. It's quite easy to setup & highly secure.

SSL certificates, email & office services are good enough to be considered.

The Support is very good in responding to issues & offers quick resolution.

What do you dislike?

It's priced on the higher end compared to its competitors. The brand name works in its favour than differentiation from alternatives. IT guys who are well aware of this web stuff can go with cheaper options.

I't's not a great choice or a cost effective one for website building.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a newbie, not on budget or it's just 1-2 sites, just go with Godaddy. But, if you are well aware of the web stuff, you may go for cheaper options for domain registration & hosting. However, Godaddy is reliable & offers great support.

We needed to quickly purchase a domain & host the website for a product launch and we found Godaddy highly reliable & easy to setup.

GoDaddy review by Mayur G.
(10,001+ employees)

"Purchase Domain and Web Hosting"

What do you like best?

Godaddy is best platform for purchase domain and web hosting.Godaddy provide domain search engine using this we can search different domain name with different extension and we can purchase easily.Godaddy provide different web hosting plan available with window and linux platform.We can purchase ssl certificate with godaddy for secure our online website.Godaddy is very secure and easy to use platform.

What do you dislike?

Godaddy admin panel take too much time for log into cpanel for manage our website.Purchase domain name with Godaddy is bit costly as compared to other domain seller platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy Domain name and web hosting easily with godaddy

Godaddy is very useful and helpful for us to purchase domain name and web hosting for our client in short time.Godaddy provide very well managed cpanel for manage client website easily.Godaddy is very trustworthiness for our client.

GoDaddy review by Randy L.

"Go Daddy - Go Central"

What do you like best?

I like they suggest domain names. I really like the Go Central with website building and email. I was scared to create an email. Go central made is a snap!!

What do you dislike?

I have bought a ton of stuff from them and I always give them a review. They flood me with coupons to buy but NEVER honor them, I NEVER qualify for whatever reason. Plus every time you are on the phone with them to ask a simple question, they are trying to upsell me something. It makes me not want to call in at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to tell them you have a coupon AFTER they give you a final price. If the even honor it at all. I have spent close to $1,000 with them and they have never honored the "coupons" they spam out for reviews.

I can control my websites content and I can change it everyday. I am still trying to figure out the email.

GoDaddy review by Kevin S.
Lead Designer
Design

"Amazing Service with Amazing Customer Support"

What do you like best?

The customer support is outstanding and every time I speak with an agent, they are polite, use great english, and truly know what they are doing. All of the products are very easy to use and it is very straight forward to purchase domains and manage everything to do with them.

What do you dislike?

The hosting is not a very good alternative to regular hosting options. I personally do not like how the emails are set up but they do work well and some of our clients really appreciate getting the combination of domain and hosting at the same location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great service, we recommend GoDaddy as the leading provider of all domains and definitely would recommend this to others as well.

We purchase all our domains through GoDaddy which are cost effective especially when on the discount club. We receive the lowest prices on new domains, transfers, and renewals BUT that is because we have paid for the Domain Discount Club.

GoDaddy review by Thomas B.
Writer/Researcher/Developer

"Simple routing and pointers, cost-effective constrained hosting"

What do you like best?

GoDaddy makes hosting look easy and they streamline the process when getting your account established. Their online interface is easy to work with, domain pointing cheap, web hosting affordable, and services appear easy to use. I still use the for domain pointing. GoDaddy is one of the industry standards and amazingly is the number one host that I seem to encounter my customers being subscribed to and using.

What do you dislike?

GoDaddy however has a history of holding sites hostage, limiting access, and utilizing sub-standard practices to get customers to continually pay for their accounts. There are flaws with this that causes many issues in web development especially when you are a web developer servicing a client's site at GoDaddy. It is because of GoDaddy's practices of usurping ownership of domains is why I don't recommend them to my customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are thinking about GoDaddy, I would research their models and read the reviews online. Some are dedicated to them others have their lists of issues.

The benefits of GoDaddy has been that of simplicity, cost, and streamlined routing of domain names. I do credit them with success in that manner. Therefore for clients that don't mind having a web host in charge of their domains and files, GoDaddy is an easy solution for managing their sites. To each their own, some clients don't mind this and therefore in those situations, I put customers who can work with GoDaddy's control structure as housed there.

GoDaddy review by User in Education Management

"Good for basic domain service"

What do you like best?

I like that the domain service has little issues if you don't get a lot of traffic and need something to set up. The dashboard is really easy to use and has all the information about your profile, membership, settings and if you are somewhat tech savvy then navigating all that is simple.

They have improved service with login integration with Facebook- it used to be a big pain when they didn't because I didn't save my login and it would be such an effort to go into my email and reset the password.

What do you dislike?

There's no chat support - in this day of age most companies offer live chat support about your products and having to pick up a phone can be an extra step when someone can do it remotely from their computer while working on other things.

I do wish the billing section could be better set up- in terms of what services I didn't renew it would be helpful to explain or show what added benefits I could get from renewing. I didn't like the Wordpress hosting so I didn't renew. And there's also no integration with G Suite to my knowledge

Recommendations to others considering the product

More sign on/login options and better simplification of the dashboard portal especially with the billing section, it can be confusing which products I have and whether to renew.

I purchased a domain with GoDaddy and it was easy to use with their Wordpress hosting. I also found it easy to port the domain to a different hosting when I decided not to renew with GoDaddy.

GoDaddy review by Christopher D.
Partner

"inconsistent but cheap"

What do you like best?

The support via phone is actually quite good, however there might be a wait. When you get a good employee, they are patient and knowledgable. Too bad they are not so easy to "find." They all speak proper English and their prices are competitive, especially for domains. Servers are generally reliable and domain registrations cheap and easy. The new "Pro" program is only half-baked, poorly documented and the online-platform has too many broken links.

What do you dislike?

The Pro program website doesn't really work and when you ask them about it, it's like yelling into a well with no echo or response. Inconsistent support means you might have to make several calls to get something fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fix the Pro Program and provide better, faster support. Make fully-managed more pro-active.

They provide very low cost domain registration and hosting solutions, from fully managed, to dedicated. Overall, they are dependable and helpful with well-trained, expert staff.

GoDaddy review by Annie B.
Marketing Director
Construction

"Easy to Use Domain creator!"

What do you like best?

I like reviewing the domain expiration's so i know when we need to renew. We exclusively use godaddy for domain purchases.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the disconnect between the web hosting and domains. We had issues in the past with our hosting expiring and no warning that our website was going to be shut off. Needless to say it was a big headache and we now use siteground for website hosting. I also think it is quite pricey, but worth it, i wish there were more promotions sent out "renew your domain for the next 5 years and get 30% discount" etc...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Personally I feel very comfortable buying domains exclusively from godaddy, but have yet to make the switch for website hosting. A website going down is our worst fear.

When we establish new business additions we quickly purchase the domain before the release so the competitors don't put us in a tight spot.

GoDaddy review by Darla A.
Professional Freelancer
Design

"I've been a GoDaddy customer since 2002"

What do you like best?

I have tried many other domain registrars out there, but GoDaddy continues to be the best to easily manage my domain names. I trust the brand.

What do you dislike?

I hate their upsells, though they are not as bad as before. However, even now when I am renewing a domain, I'm still hit with many "opportunities" to add this or that feature. However, I realize they cater largely to new customers who may need that guidance. I also wish they would not have done away with domain coupons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are registering domains, GoDaddy is the way to go. They are also very reachable by phone for any type of support need. Web hosting would be another issue and they are improving, but the jury is still out on that feature for me.

I have registered domains with them for many, many years. My domains remain safely registered, and I am send out timely reminders when the domains come due for renewal.

GoDaddy review by Rachel M.
Client Services Coordinator

"Great email platform!"

What do you like best?

The low cost for our company to use Go Daddy is very appealing. As a small company we needed a low cost email solution. The other thing that is very useful is the ease of integration into other email platforms that are more user friendly such as Gmail and Outlook. I've integrated to both and it is very convenient.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Go Daddy isn't very user friendly so it forces me to integrate with another email platform. This creates a problem as there is a lag time from when I receive an email until when it actually appears in my inbox as it has to go through Go Daddy and then through the platform I'm using (i.e. Outlook).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a lot of employees and want a low cost solution, Go Daddy is for you! If you aren't comfortable with integrating Go Daddy with other platforms then it isn't for you as this is a big aspect to using the platform.

We are keeping our costs for email down which is very helpful! And it's very easy to add new emails as we onboard new employees. As a growing business you want something that's dynamic and Go Daddy is just that.

GoDaddy review by User in Management Consulting

"I thought buying a very cheap domain…with decent service"

What do you like best?

I thought buying a cheap domain name and walk way in minutes, they facilitate your first steps via the dash which is great. But, that is it. Nothing else.

What do you dislike?

Two years later buying some domains, I noticed GoDaddy adds over 1000% for a domain renewal - that's insane!! Plus you pay 20% VAT on top of your bill...ouch imagine you have 5-10 domains. Do your maths.

I must say they do have a good marketing department. But that's all. The fact users can purchase both the domain, email and hosting for a very low price is great but trust me the fees will go up as described above.

GoDaddy's solution isn't the perfect deal, as they hit you hard on the product renewal the second year, or whatever the period you bought for.

I suggest reading the reviews across the web and you'll see why.

They apply the old school marketing method - they want to sell you anything they can. Pay attention when that time comes, as their pop ups are misleading and renewals aren't easy to turn off. Do not make it easy to access fixtures or the renewal buttons, for example.

I recently called GoDaddy's support and they were arrogant, rude and...useless.

They send you emails with services you barely know why you need it (get a dictionary to understand it).

Be aware that their support & sales work hand -in-hand (same tactics) they will pushy for a new deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just to inform readers/users that Godaddy, is ultra expensive for what they provided. It's a money making machine, that is it. Just to tell, I still could not (don't let you) swith the auto-renew off on new dashboard, even after paying for it, (which by the way, they've forced the payment with my previous expired card) unless you now where or what to do, is that awful. They wasted my time, money and patience.

I'd like to see them having an ethical side on their package - well, trust me this isn't them, shop around as there are other web hosting companies. I strongly recommned WPX (been with them for 5 years now) as they are far superior with better price tags, got good ethics, their email response is under two minutes and they know their stuff.

Read review here if you're intersted in seeing what a fast good service is: https://consultantstohelp.co.uk/why-you-should-use-fast-hosting-for-your-wordpress/

GoDaddy, in my book has the worst customer service/support I have ever seen/experienced. Avoid if you can and you would not regret it.

Do walk away!

I only purchased domains with them, as I knew their customer service is slicy below decent - Heard friends and people complained about them. Their dash automatically presents items already ticked (pushing sale after sale) and it takes time to read it all.

I still have one domain registered with GoDaddy but I will transfer it soon to WPX

I thought i was saving money... benefits are zero.

GoDaddy review by Oombawka Design R.
Crochet Designer. Ltd.
Design

"Terrible Customer Service and Product Support"

What do you like best?

Price was a good selling point and platform is great for new bloggers with very little traffic or Ads.

What do you dislike?

>Horrible Customer Service

>Terrible managed wordpress hosting

>They do not take ownership of issues caused by their hosting platforms

>They do not provide effective tech support

>They blame all issues with sites on the site coding or uploaded plugins

>They do not stand behind the services they sell

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you choose to go with GoDaddy NEVER lock in for more than 1 month at a time - after 30 days you do not receive any money back if you run into problems down the line - even if you haven't used the hosting yet - you are out of pocket.

>Zero benefits > After 2 months of calls I finally got to speak with a Manager about all the issues happening on my site and the site being down all the time. He blamed all the site downtime and speed issues on my site coding and plugins. Multiple calls were placed and the issues were never resolved. Downtime became excessive. Calls to the center were in excess of 8 hours a week for 2 months in 2017 (January and February). Decided to leave the plan and asked for a refund or a credit to use the unused part of the money for other services with GoDaddy and although 2 other customer service representatives approved it - this manager went in and denied it indicating they would only allow me to move to a more expensive plan - I was not allowed to have a credit on file for the 2.5 years of unused hosting in my 3 year prepaid plan ($3000.00 or SSL certificate which did not work from the first day they added it). I had to leave their hosting to get my site back up and running and to remove the stress and time wasted on calls with them trying to fix it - and since leaving without adding or removing anything from the site design, plugins or coding my site is working 100% of the time at less than 5 seconds to load (more than 25 seconds to load with GoDaddy) and I have been with the new host for almost 1 year now with zero downtime.

GoDaddy review by Avinash S.
Developer

"Godaddy is one of the best choice for domain registration."

What do you like best?

I have used the domain registration facility by Godaddy. Buying domain is pretty easy and fast process. Their DNS servers are fast. They give you reminder before your domain is expiring. My first domain purchased through godaddy was www.theavinashsingh.com and I am really happy with their service. I have recommended many of my colleagues and they appreciated my choice.

What do you dislike?

I haven't used the hosting service myself as I use the hosting service of different provider but many of my friends have said that the hosting service of Godaddy is just above average. Their tools are not the best one, the website builder has a poor UI/UX and it takes a little more time than normal to get the changes running on the website.

I am using Godaddy to register for domain names and also recently I have purchased Business Email. There customer service is very much friendly and they are always ready to solve my problem as quick as they can.

GoDaddy review by Holly W.
Programming Services Developer

"I wish I had better things to say... "

What do you like best?

I like the robust all-in-one for your domain and hosting needs. I liked when I was on a company plan level and had a dedicated support/account representative.

What do you dislike?

It's not even kind of user friendly. It takes way to many clicks to get anywhere. The pop-ups and upsales make me feel harassed. Some of the pictures are pretty strange too... If you don't have an account representative, count on waiting quite a while to get any support - but realize that you're going to have quite a few voicemails from their sales team trying to upsale you on products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an all in one package, but it's affordable for a reason and they don't make it easy. It's like they want you to have to contact support so they can up-sale to you. The interesting part about that catch is that it's really hard to get ahold of their support. It's also extremely frustrating and their hold music is terrible.

Domains, SSLs, hosting. The benefit is that it's something I know which makes it easier to get through.

GoDaddy review by Mohd Elfie Nieshaem J.
SEO Specialist