Foxit PhantomPDF Reviews & Product Details

Foxit PhantomPDF Overview

What is Foxit PhantomPDF?

Foxit is a leading software provider of fast, affordable and secure PDF solutions. Businesses and consumers increase productivity by using Foxit's cost effective products to securely work with PDF documents and forms. Foxit is the #1 pre-installed PDF software, shipped on one-third of all new Windows PCs, including those from HP®, Acer, and ASUS®.

Foxit PhantomPDF Details
German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Chinese (Simplified)

Intuitive and easy to use, FoxIt PhantomPDF is a powerful, fast, secure, and affordable PDF editor for anyone who needs to convert, create, collaborate, or edit PDF files.

With over 325 million users and a focus on helping end users and IT professionals
solve their everyday PDF-related problems simply and intuitively, Foxit PhantomPDF is a proven and safe alternative to any PDF Editor. PhantomPDF enables users to use a full spectrum of PDF editing workflows and capabilities:

1. Intuitive design

Foxit PhantomPDF Videos

Foxit PhantomPDF Screenshots

Foxit PhantomPDF Reviews

Showing 544 Foxit PhantomPDF reviews
Already have Foxit PhantomPDF?
What do you like best?

An especially good option to handle PDF files, you can create, edit, convert, combine, sign and protect them. It even allows you to share and organize the files with its integration with Evernote. Another good point is that it provides security as it allows to encrypt the files. If works great in any use case, if you like reading a book in PDF form or consulting any document and also is my preferred tool for creating a complete manual in PDF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps a part that should improve is the printing section, it has very few adjustments and customization options, so this would be the weakest point but is not a big deal, also some of my colleagues have experienced unexpected closures in old computers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The interface is easy for me to operate, in addition you can change the skins easily. The best reason for choosing this software is to quickly open any PDF faster than other programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I constantly have to create PDF files from images and sometimes from some of my emails and documents and directly from the scanner and this is quite good as it makes my work easier every day, i am very grateful with this software as it saves me hours of work with these functions, i can quickly share the documents through e-mail or Evernote. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really love how FoxitPhantom PDF is so much easier and quicker than Adobe. I have been usinf Foxit for a few months now and it seems to have a lot more user fiiendly features than the other pdf software. I feel like a pro when I use Foxit Phantom PDF compared to Adobe. I look forward to continually using Foxit Phantom PDF for all my PDF document needs. Keep up the great work Foxit Phantom PDF!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can say bad about Foxit Phantom PDF is I wish I would have heard about it earlier than I did hear about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate to give Foxit a chance, you won't refret it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My problems Foxit Phantom PDF is solving is the ease in creating PDF documents that i need when sending work documents into HR for contracts needed for future work. I have realized the benefits soon as I started using it in the ease in creating and emailing PDF's. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freight Claims Specialist
What do you like best?

This PDF viewer opens the file where you left off which can be very helpful! It does have a lot more options on viewing PDFs than Adobe has. I haven't had to use many of the features yet but I do like that they are there. I look forward to being able to use the forms functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would really like to see some advanced features for free since Adobe makes you pay for advanced features anyway. People would use it more than Adobe if they had even one advanced feature for free such as being able to crop pages, remove pages, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have really enjoyed the feature that it starts off where you closed the PDF. I have a directory file that is a PDF and when I close it on a certain section I don't have to scroll to the section I need. This saves me time in having to look for what I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Management Director
What do you like best?

For most applications, Foxit is a fine alternative to purchasing Adobe Acrobat, the licensing is easier and most of our users find the interfacing easier than than Adobe DC.

Ability to prevent online access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One obscure, but major incompatibility with Acrobat that made FoxIt unusable in our application. Adobe Acrobat allows formatting (bold, ital) in comments. These do not show up in Foxit, which means that reviewer formatting comments are lost.

The colors/design are a little garish -- the "home screen" which can be turned off is kind of hyperactive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommend if you are looking for lower cost, easier to use alternative to Acrobat. One major caution about the loss of formatting in comments. If you need this feature, this is a deal-breaker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We deployed Foxit as an alternative to Adobe Acrobat. Licensing and installing Acrobat is difficult, and even the perpetual licenses require an online account. We are also concerned about the cloud components of Acrobat -- for security reasons we don't want our files stored in the cloud. With Acrobat there isn't any way to turn off the cloud features other than asking users to "don't do that". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love using Foxit because the possibilities are endless in what you can use it for. I have the standard version for my work at a mortgage company and I feel like it is more than enough for what I need. I am able to create flyers for office announcements, I can edit all my documents when corrections are needed, and I can just easily do whatever comes to mind with this pdf editor. The format is really favorable because you can find whatever feature pretty quickly AND if you know you are never going to use a certain aspect, you can edit the bar however you like so the things you use most are most accessible. I have had the program for a few months now and I still feel like I haven't used it to it's extent. It also doesn't hurt at all that it is cheaper than other pdf editors and it gives me the option to purchase 1 and be done rather than paying monthly or yearly which I really don't like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is only one downside that I dislike and have tried to have fixed. It oddly only happens sometimes when I am downloading multiple pdfs into one pdf from our loan origination system and it messes up. As in it will delete or duplicate certain pages and I will have to go through these 300-500 page files to make sure it has all the documents and no copies. It is QUITE frustrating and I have tried to work with customer support to have it fixed and they are still working on it but until it is fixed I can only give an 8 but once they fix it, I would easily give 10 out of 10. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I never want to use another PDF editor again, so I say get it, they are only going to get better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It wasn't really a problem, it was just more of an annoyance, but one thing I really liked is you can have multiple signatures saved at once. Part of my work requires signing some documents for my coworkers so I would have multiple signatures that in my previous experience, I would need to re-upload every time I needed to use a different signature. Now with Foxit, I can have them all uploaded and just use the drop down and select which one I need without having to go through the annoying process of constantly having to swap out the signature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The software offers robust capability for signing, editing, creating and reading pdfs. There are similar products on the market but nowhere near as competitive on price. As a small business owner, this adds up to big dollars quickly when you talk about getting licenses for numerous team members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wasn't familiar with the brand so it took me a while to research before buying (didn't want to get ripped off). However, the reviews were all overwhelmingly positive and Dell was even offering it as their default pdf solution on their website so I felt comfortable trying it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can feel safe about this purchase decision. The price of owning Foxit PhantomPDF software is comparable to renting Adobe for a year and it does virtually everything the same. I love that this company doesn't force you to the subscription model because it saves lots of money. Additionally, pdf editing and creation is a fairly mature market so it isn't like there are new features popping up so this software could be used for 3-5 years and increase the overall value considerably. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have the need to sign, edit and create pdf documents for my business. This includes managing contracts, NDA, marketing material and documentation across the entire business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Module Lead SAP ABAP, WORKFLOW, ARCHIVING and AUTOMATION
What do you like best?

I love the opportunity to revise and comment on PDFs effortlessly. I may modify contract payments that should be outlined in our records, typically in pdf information. I choose to have the ability to perform the form credit where PDF parts needed to fill, sign or perhaps checkboxes are immediately outlined. This generates docs that have taken me a great deal more to produce to me in a situation of seconds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing about the item I don't like. The thing is user-friendly, has excellent options that I could work with, and indicates no issues or obstacles in the apps I use for this particular item. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I suggest that you purchase the FoxIt PhantomPDF. You like the item, and it'll quickly improve the working process, especially when you do the job several times during the day with PDF docs like me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I fix my previous failure to modify pdf docs, add comments, shipping web pages, import pages to one document etc. I prefer to have the ability to mix electronic files quickly, eliminate some pages from the multi-page document, edit table plus routine in the PDF, and put fillable areas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Self
Croft Associate Professor of History and International Studies
What do you like best?

I like the multifunctionality and the diverse ways in which you can accomplish some of the most important business tasks. For example, when I create a pdf, I frequently have to purge the code from the margins, and explore areas of self-worth when I bargin with my stock options. Acrobat doesn't allow me to accomplish this with as much ease as Phantom. For this, I really appreciate the flexibility of its back-end options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the same time, I like free stuff. Phantom is not free, so that's a bit of a negative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving business problems. The boss will tell me, "Josh, we have a problem!" I'll usually respond, "uh oh, what is it?" She'll say, "We need this financial report that is for some reason a Word document (in the old .doc format!!) to be a pdf because the stockholders like pdfs more than Word documents. You know how to use Acrobat, don't you?" "Yea," I reply. "But the better option is Foxit Phantom." "Whoah, what's that?" she asks. I'll spare you details of that conversation here, but suffice to say that I explained all the super awesome benefits of Phantom to my boss, and she bought the pro version at the office. I made the pdf and we sent it out to the stockholders. I even heard from one of them later in a Facebook post saying, "Wow, what a professional-looking pdf that was from my favorite business. I even got a promotion out of this situation. Thanks Foxit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist - EMAGINE People Technologies Private Limited
What do you like best?

The application gives effective sign, edit, develop as well as convert pdf capabilities. Products that are similar are in the marketplace but aren't as competitive by nature at cost. When you talk of getting licences for a large number of staff members, it quickly accumulates to huge value as for the whole department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It did not take me some time to search for before buying. I did not know the brand. But the reviews were almost all overwhelmingly beneficial and I felt as I tried it. It actually offered it on the website of his as being a default PDF remedy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With this particular purchase decision, you are able to feel safe. The cost of owned Foxit PhantomPDF is much like the one year rentals of Adobe as well as nearly all of the exact same. I don't love to be pushed into a subscription version by this particular organization since it saves a great deal of cash. Moreover the PDF editing as well as creation market is very older therefore you will find no new features that show up so the program may be used for 3 5 years as well as the entire benefit could be enhanced significantly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I require PDF electronic documents for my company to sign, revise and produce. This includes agreement management, NDA, Documentation and hr equipment throughout the business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Over the years, I have evaluated many PDF management tools and technologies. Foxit PhantomPDF strikes an excellent balance between functionality, ease of use, and cost. I use Foxit PhantomPDF on a daily basis for reading scholarly articles, converting materials, and publishing my writings for my doctorate in education. I've yet to find context in which functionality was missing. The use of use with Foxit Phantom PDF allowed me to increase my productivity from day one. The licensing cost made Foxit PhantomPDF easy to accommodate in a graduate student budget. I recommend Foxit PhantomPDF to all my peers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The selection of text for highlighting and other types of annotations was at times quirky on both desktop and tablet platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it. You'll like it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a doctoral student working on earning a Doctorate in Education. My primary uses are for reading and annotating PDF files and publishing papers and my dissertation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruitment Associate
What do you like best?

With incredibly fast turnarounds and easy contact connectivity, FoxIT additional support was fantastic. The licensing design allows us to meet budget needs while simultaneously satisfying our PDF editing capability requires from end users. Besides, its OCR functions saved me much time on scanning documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's definitely minor in the grand pattern of items, however, not from the box plug ins that are agreeable with many others. Nevertheless, FoxIT developers work together with us to fix this particular problem and deliver a much better product range. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider FoxIT's business suggested options, speak to the sales manager of yours and also acknowledge FoxIT's responsiveness as well as level based pricing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adobe Acrobat has provided a great deal of OEM desktops. As an outcome of any Windows 7 migration to Windows 10, Adobe and Acrobat and the desktop manufacturer weren't capable to re propose and also we got the license in the finger in which we had been to blame for the proper licensing. Truth continues to be that Adobe was not able to re-license. This problem was resolved in an extremely economical path as well as still meets most requirements of the users of ours by FoxIT Phantom PDF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Special Education Paraprofessional
What do you like best?

I like the price and the features the best. Especially that there is an educator discount! It's been a lifesaver in our new digital teaching model. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike is that it has a limited number of signatures that you can save and use and unfortunately, I've used all of them. Otherwise, I cannot recommend this PDF editor enough! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it for creating worksheets, rubrics and assignments for students. I also use it to edit existing PDFs. The PDF format means that the fonts I use can be saved in the document and sent to my colleagues so that they can use my creations too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Phantom PDF has positively impacted the way that I teach mathematics online. I needed a pdf system that would allow me to combine electronic handouts, embed photos, and screenshots, etc. Phantom came through for me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like the pdf writing tool to allow the writing/editing to be 100% complete before OK pops up and sometimes get in the way, when I am writing on a document during lesson presentation. But I believe I must be doing something wrong with this menu. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

To be able to teach a course without merely projecting the info online is a great and essential benefit that my students receive on their end. I am also able to insert additional information via images after I have completed the lesson. I am also able to delete pages and edit information before sending out the post-lecture pdf to my students. This is an amazing resource when teaching during this sudden online transition, during this COVID-19 pandemic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing about this software is how many tools are available for a single one-time purchase. I have slowly grown more and more resentful of subscription software. I cannot afford to pay monthly for the software I use. So The fact that I can make one purchase and then have everything I need to manipulate pdf files is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about this software. It gets the job done no matter what I'm doing. I don't frequently do super heavy lifting with this software, so the only drawback I have noticed after switching from acrobat is that certain tools like the page straightening tool aren't quite as intuitive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of the things I do most with Foxit is combining and reorganizing pdfs for customers. It's also great for school since most classes are online now. There aren't many benefits unique to phantompdf, but there are so few drawbacks, that it is surprising the software is so accessible. Once again, the one-time payment is my favorite thing about the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The versatility of the Program, the countless features and tools to edit/create/modify PDFs, and ease of use make Foxit PhantomPDF my only choice for PDF document management ever since I discovered the product. Not to mention the affordable pricing, which makes it easily the best product on the market based on value alone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Foxit PhantomPDF could use some updating and fine-tuning on little things such as manipulating Multiple-Item-Selected Text Object/Highlight/Other Comment Annotations/etc when it comes to Changing of Colors (Font, Highlight, Border). It would be nice if multiple items, when selected collectively together, could all be modified when adjusting format settings. Also, implementing the capability to adjust the Line Thickness of Pre-made Personal Signatures would be a great improvement (since only being able to adjust the size, rather than the actual thickness of a Signature itself, can lead to very large Signatures being set onto a document that are still not very legible). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the switch from Adobe or other competitors and you will not be disappointed! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I handle ALL of my Graduate MD Professional School Coursework using Foxit PhantomPDF, which includes downloading/viewing/modifying/creating/annotating hundreds of PDF files on a monthly basis. I also use Foxit PhantomPDF for all other PDF needs in my personal life, and the program never lets me down. I have enjoyed excellent versatility with PDF document management and creation ever since I first used the program. The amazing affordability has also saved me countless dollars since my switch from the overpriced and mediocre Adobe Acrobat subscription I once used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that it does not slow my computer down, and that it remains simple and straight forward. I like that I am able to save files, Adobe has gotten so confusing and bloated with junk. I like the staight forward approach to the menu. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm still learning it, but one thing I haven't figured out exactly yet is the comments and inserting text and controlling the font and stuff etc. I also have had problems with the using my touchscreen pen to make annotations. Microsoft's Drawboard works exceptionally well for this, and has been my go to for annotating PDF documents and drawings with the pen. I still use Foxit on a daily basis for everything other than marking up engineering drawings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It works... this review it getting too long.... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Haven't used it enough to know. Maybe work out the interface with a touchscreen pen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.