DreamBox Reviews & Product Details

DreamBox Overview

What is DreamBox?

DreamBox Learning is an adaptive learning environment that transforms the way students engage with math.

DreamBox Details
English, Spanish

DreamBox Learning
2006
Bellevue, WA
@DreamBox_Learn

Answer a few questions to help the DreamBox community
Have you used DreamBox before?

DreamBox Reviews

Showing 13 DreamBox reviews
Already have DreamBox?
Technology Coordinator
What do you like best?

Our youngest students (PreK-1st) really enjoy the program. It has engaging graphics and characters, and the students feel like they're playing a game - not doing math work. It's great that it adapts to the student and gives hints if a student is stuck. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We tried to use Dreambox for our entire elementary school and it got old pretty quick for our upper elementary students. I think it felt sort of childish and in older grades, it's helpful to be able to really target certain skills or topics, like to assign simplifying fractions on a program like Khan Academy or IXL rather than have students just work on their next Dreambox assignment. The program is also one of the more expensive programs we use at our school. There's a bit of a turnaround time when you submit your rosters at the start of the school year (~a week or so), so if you don't get your class lists until right before school starts, know that your teachers won't be able to start using the program until you are able to set up the csv files, submit them, and then wait for Dreambox to get back to you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a good program if you have the financial resources! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps to individualize math instruction without having to meet one on one with each child every day - there's rarely time in the day for that. It helps students build internal motivation and set goals for themselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teacher
Teacher
What do you like best?

I like that Dreambox gives students extra practice in math skills. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that students cannot choose which skills they want to practice. If they know they need targeted practice in a certain skill, they should be able to choose work to help them improve. Dreambox provides a path for students and they just have to work in the order dreambox chooses.

What I dislike most about Dreambox is that it pigeon holes students into using a certain method/strategy for solving a math problem.

I also don't like the user interface. It is kiddish, cartooney, and there are too many ways for students to waste time in the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Choose another product. ALEKS or Freckle are a better program. We used Tenmarks by Amazon, and to me, that was by far the best product. However, they are closing their site for some reason. I have yet to find anything that matches what Tenmarks was doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed adaptive software for students to work through math skills at their own pace to help reinforce what we are teaching in the classroom. Our district chose this product for us and I do not believe it is the best product out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Our PreK through 1st graders use Dreambox. They really enjoy the kid-friendly graphics and activities. It's great reinforcement of math concepts that feels like a game to the kids but they're really learning. They have good customer support (though getting rosters uploaded takes a longgg time compared to other similar companies). Teachers give detailed feedback about their students' performance in the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We used to use Dreambox with students Pre-K through 5th grade, but after a few years of using it, the older students became pretty tired of it. The graphics also are more geared to younger students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This has been good independent math practice for students and yields detailed assessment data for teachers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Assistant
What do you like best?

While I can only speak for using this software on younger students, DreamBox has been an effective tool to use in the classroom for our students struggling with mathematics. We had students falling grade levels behind in math, this was a fun and new technique to catch them up to speed without isolating them from peers. We have found great success through DreamBox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are limits and restrictions that come with DreamBox. As a teacher, we would appreciation more flexibility when working with a student. More flexibility for the students would be beneficial as well especially as students grow into more accelerated math equations & problems. Students being able to pinpoint what they would like to improve on would be an added benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very helpful with younger students aged K-2. Might be less helpful for students completing more advanced mathematic problems Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Personalized learning was a big "to-do" that we were falling short with for our students. Students are able to learn at their own pace with DreamBox and have the ability to develop their own techniques. Students are making measurable improvements which is exciting to see in the classroom/ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Our district purchased this software and so far I have to say I am not a fan. I have yet to see the benefits for my struggling 8th grade students who are expected to use this for at least 70 minutes per week. The game based lessons sometimes make no sense, to me at least, and we spend a great deal of time trying to figure out how to pass that lesson without any obvious mathematical benefit. As far as students, perhaps half of them like the program and half don't care or completely dislike it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lessons don't seem to have a clear goal set for students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None yet. I hope that after having used it for at least one school year I will have a more informed opinion of this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ingeniero de investigación
What do you like best?

This program is great to make reports of courses for the school in a pleasant and easy way, it is also a very interactive program which makes it more fun to use it. The tool to learn math is very fun and interactive, you will have fun and learn a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only inconvenience that I think is that at the beginning students should be trained to learn to use the tools offered by DreamBox, but once you know it is very easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

use it you will learn mathematics in the easiest way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows the student to use multiple strategies depending on the problem they have, it is wonderful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Truancy Specialist
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Dreambox has helped students struggling in math to increase their general understanding. The program allows students to learn concepts through practice at their own pace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the limited amount of methods students can learn for each problem. Math is not about learning one specific method its learning a variety of methods so the student truly can grasp it. DreamBox falls short of allowing students to become true experts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It can benefit students that need a baseline of understanding in Math Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DreamBox is solving Math Literacy, Students can access DreamBox to practice different math problems and math concepts. Despite its shortcoming DreamBox can walk students through general math problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I love that DreamBox allows for self-paced learning, as well as an opportunity for teachers to assigned lesson aligning to their teaching. I also like how engaging and exciting math becomes for students - in a meaningful and fun way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can only assign two skills a time as a teacher. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would love to be able to assign more than two standards at a time to students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am addressing Personalized Learning, problem-solving and having students use multiple strategies, which are all huge benefits and problems from previously! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

The reports are easy to pull. The program is very interactive and middle schoolers seem tor really enjoy it! Great way to work on remedial math skills. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how long it can take for some students to level out in the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are helping kids improve their math fluency and work on remedial skills without being embarrassed or frustrated! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dual Immersion Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education
What do you like best?

The ease of use for early elementary students. I love that it is bilingual, (spanish), and that my students can use it at home on their iPads or computers any day and at any time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. This application has done an excellent job at addressing everything I need as a teacher and everything that my students need in the classroom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can pull specific reports about where children are thriving in math, and where they need more support. I love that I can assign units of study to the entire class, or assign only specific standards to a child, or group of children. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Being able to see my students math levels Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had more technology to access it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you ensure parents have access at home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Measuring data for students Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

The ability to differentiate for all students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Must have one to one access for technology. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy math differentiation no matter the math curriculum Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.