Do you work for Khan Academy?

Khan Academy Reviews & Product Details

What is Khan Academy?

Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom.

Khan Academy Screenshots

Khan Academy Reviews

1-50 of 143 total Khan Academy reviews

Khan Academy Reviews

1-50 of 143 total Khan Academy reviews
Khan Academy review by Alycia F.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Higher Education

"Great Tool for Basic to Moderately Advanced Learning of Many Subjects"

What do you like best?

Sal goes through many examples at a nice pace for the math and science courses I have used to review concepts. He is very detailed without overwhelming the user with new information.

What do you dislike?

I do wish more subjects would be available in broader engineering fields - even at a basic level to help complement a university course with harder to understand concepts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay attention to each lesson, take them slow, and truly work out each problem along the way to get the most out of the program.

When I was a Teaching Assistant, I would direct my students to Khan videos to help them understand concepts we were working on. Now, as someone in industry, it is helpful to review basic math and science lessons in order to perform my job better. This is particularly useful for statistics, which is something I implement more now in my job than in school.

Khan Academy review by Louise M.

"This is fantastic!"

What do you like best?

I love how Khan Academy is always expanding on their courses. You can learn or re-learn Math, Chemistry, English and so much more at various levels of proficiency. I really enjoy the videos that explain the theory behind the problems you are given. They are comprised of instructors who give clear direction accompanied by illustrations to help you along your way. I think that the results-driven approach of this learning platform is great for self-study.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see even more variety in the courses on offer, but I do acknowledge that Khan is always expanding their course offerings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best thing you can do is give this a try for yourself! I am quite certain you will enjoy it so much you may end up spending a good few hours mastering skills before you think of logging out.

This is a product that not only works well for my own use in pursuing education and knowledge but also in my profession as an educator. I can it for differentiation in classroom instruction as well as for assigning homework. Students love being able to work at their own pace, review examples and explanations as necessary, and skip parts that they have already mastered. it gives them a sense of control as well as responsibility for their own learning.

Khan Academy review by Andrew C.
Technical Editor
Higher Education

"The first free education there is"

What do you like best?

Khan Academy gamifies math, visualizes history, and simulates programming (among other things). It's fun, and it's learning. There are badges and profile upgrades you get as you earn points. They've even collaborated with some other organizations

What do you dislike?

I guess I don't like that the FAQ answers and other community comments are generally a few years old, but that's not a big deal. There's not much to complain about. They're pretty unique. They could produce more classes (which they are actively doing); a wider selection of classes would make them more and more valuable to the global community.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You're going to like it at least a little even if you don't continue to use it. There are plenty of different topics for learning to choose from.

I've closed gaps in my understanding in an important field of the future: programming html and css. These help me "get" what goes on behind the scenes of my favorite websites. There's a certain appreciation level you gain by taking the 101 Class on this stuff.

Khan Academy review by Administrator

"Khan Academy is a wonderful resource!"

What do you like best?

Khan academy introduced a world of free education to millions like myself. The platform is simple and easy to use, as almost every topic from prep to K-12 covered (including some topics beyond that level) and provides a reliable, comprehensive source of learning both as a standalone source and as a supplement to formal education. Also, Khan Academy has been of invaluable help in my research on e-learning and education management. Simply put, Khan Academy and its resources are just what the world needs!

What do you dislike?

Energy points seem rather counter intuitive and donot rally add any value to the platform. Also, if each lesson is paired with interactive activities to gauge the learning of students, then it would help teachers a lot!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Khan academy is free to use and it has almost every topic and subject required for school and high school students. Use this resource for instruction and to give your students the maximum opportunities to learn.

Offering supplemental materials to students to strengthen their foundation in any topic and in instances, allowing academics to align their courses with a world-renowned platform like KA.

Khan Academy review by User

"Best solution out there!"

What do you like best?

Khan Academy is by far my favorite site to learn computer programming. What I like best about Khan Academy is how the instructors break down each topic and relate each topic to you in a very easy to understand format. I feel like the instructors actually have fun while teaching the material, which in turn contributes to motivation on my part.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have about Khan Academy is that I wish they would have more material regarding how to learn computer programming. One topic in particular would be a class in Python. I feel that Python is a very popular language right now, and knowing how Khan Academy educates it's customers, I know that class would be a success.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hands down the #1 learning platform for anyone looking for continued education.

The material that I have learned through Khan Academy has given me knowledge to complete many new tasks at my new company, especially when it pertains to SQL. I've realized that I can always go back to the classes that I took at Khan Academy to review if there are any topics that I need a refresher on.

Khan Academy review by Vijay R.
Ph.D. Candidate | Research Assistant | Teaching Fellow
(10,001+ employees)

"The best site to learn the basics of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics."

What do you like best?

Khan Academy is my goto online resource whenever I want to refresh few concepts or learn the basics of Math and Physics. Khan Academy has grown in the right direction over the years. As of today, the site caters to the learning needs of the students from elementary schools, high schools, and even college graduates. What Khan Academy excels at is that the teaching methodology is simplistic and consistent across the courses. Most of the courses start with the instructor explaining the fundamental concepts and building on it further with complex topics. Also, I observe that the instructors work through a lot of practice problems that prepares a student to think through multiple solutions while attempting a problem. Also, the reward system introduced recently (points/badges) would definitely encourage the young learners to keep learning and solving the problems.

What do you dislike?

While the number of courses available on Khan Academy has increased significantly, it has also made the interface bit overwhelming. For a young learner (elementary school) it might be challenging to find the appropriate courses, track the progress, and work on the example problems without any assistance by the elders. Also, the interface where students work on the problems and submit the solutions needs improvement in terms of UI/UX. In addition, some hints can be added wherever appropriate to assist students while working on the problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a parent or an instructor at an elementary or high school, I strongly encourage you to introduce your kids/students to Khan Academy. Learning is both engaging and a fun activity on this online learning platform. Also, the courses are taught by the best instructors in the world which is yet another incentive to be learning on Khan Academy.

I use Khan Academy mostly to refresh the concepts I learned in the elementary and high schools. Solving the example problems is highly rewarding as it forces one to recollect and apply the knowledge gained. Refreshing and learning Math and Science concepts on Khan Academy makes one feel confident.

Khan Academy review by Angie P.
Learning Assistant
Higher Education

"Might be one of the best educational tools out there"

What do you like best?

First of all, you can look up such a wide variety of topics; it's amazing. You can either search for something specific, or take part in various structured subjects. I like that there are little tests to be able to pass to the next level, and badges that you can earn to show your progress. I especially like that you can speed up the videos and watch them is 1.5x time if you just need to review a topic instead of learning it deeply.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more advanced math topics. It essentially ends at 1st/2nd year university courses, which is unfortunate. I wish there were more topics available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, I would suggest trying out some of the directed subjects, just for fun. I learned a lot of things about early math that I had never learned when I went through school. It's a lot of fun, as well!

As a tutor, I often point my students in the direction of Khan Academy as a way of self-directed learning. I often hear wonderful feedback from them about how simple they find the topic since having it explained on Khan!

Khan Academy review by Stephanie R.
Coordinator of Career Services
Higher Education

"Excellent For All Ages and Learning Styles!"

What do you like best?

This particular site has incredible videos that break down the most difficult concepts so they can be easily understood. The math videos are AMAZING!!! I also like the ease of searching for the subject you need. This site is helping so many learn and understand concepts that are otherwise incredibly difficult. I wish it were around when I was in school!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the site runs really slow. It takes a while for things to load and play. Other than that, I just think it is a very well done site and doing great things for people who need help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Khan Academy is for anyone and everyone. The fact that there are resources like this out there For Free is incredible! The site is truly easy to use and has so many subjects! You can learn so much! The site usually runs slow for me, so I recommend doing it on high speed internet for sure! If you have trouble with anything, even doing the math for a discount when you are shopping, Khan Academy can help!

This site has allowed myself and my staff to learn things that were really important to run our office. For example, we have to make flyers, edit websites, and even run a software. We do not have degrees in anything computer or graphic-related, but with this site, we are able to watch how-to videos for everything!!! It is free, so it saves our office money and we don't have to try and hire staff with skills we don't have because we can just learn them ourselves!

Khan Academy review by Rachel W.
Math Teacher

"Great Site!"

What do you like best?

This site makes learning and reviewing material so easy. The videos, quizzes, and hints encourage retention without bogging down the student with too much information at once. Being able to pick and choose what topics to cover is a Godsend, and I"m so grateful Khan is available!

What do you dislike?

The monsters and energy points seem a little pointless because they aren't explained. If I knew what was going on with them, I would like them more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is great if you use it. If you don't stick to it, it's obviously not going to help. Hard work and determination are key. Khan makes learning as easy as it can be, and the price is perfect for every budget. Good luck!

Spot tutoring with my students is so much easier with Khan. I can tell them to go home and work for twenty minutes on one topic and they have the repetition they need without me scrounging for worksheets they'll hate.

Khan Academy review by Keri C.
Math Teacher
Education Management

"Khan Academy is an amazing resource for teachers and students"

What do you like best?

This no-cost service has very high quality lesson plans of good lengths for students.

What do you dislike?

Activities and games related to the lessons would be fantastic. The format of the videos is better for older students. Younger students tend to do better with other video lessons such as BrainPop which are more visually stimulating and include more analogies. Khan Academy is fantastic at what they're doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What an amazing resource. Teachers in poorly funded (and possibly well funded) schools sometimes may rely on these resources too heavily rather than have interaction with the students, which is also necessary. I believe quality educational resources available at no cost is going to help improve America's educational system.

Great resource for students and parents. Better for older students. Younger students and students who benefit from more stimulation and/or interaction won't enjoy Khan academy as much. Also a great resource for adults to expand their own knowledge, though this isn't Khan Academy's aim.

As a STEM teacher, I directed all my students to Khan Academy for extra support.

Khan Academy review by Trevor A.
Accommodation Specialist
Higher Education

"The best software for primary and secondary electonic learning - and it's free!"

What do you like best?

It's free and very thorough. A great platform for secondary and primary education in a variety of subjects. Also a great place to review for higher ed students who are having trouble in a particular course or need a refresher on a concept area. It is logically divided into conceptual areas that are easy to find. The reqard system of badges is fun and encouraging.

What do you dislike?

There are still some topics left untouched but they are always adding more! Interface can be limited if not on a desktop or laptop computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this! It's free and you have nothing to lose.

Provides great remediation learning for students who are struggling with new content. Our staff can more easily see the issues some students are having in a course when they check out the subject area content for themselves.

Khan Academy review by Amanda S.
Instructional Specialist
Primary/Secondary Education

"Great for teachers to use with students in elementary school and above!"

What do you like best?

Khan Academy is great for so many reasons. First, it provides curriculum and learning modules for the public as well as for teachers to use with their students. There are a variety of topics and subjects from Kindergarten through University level. Khan Academy has a tracking system where as a learner, you can track what subjects and lessons you've completed and where you should go next. It's also fun to earn badges and points to upgrade your avatar character.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really too much to dislike, but I do wish there was more science content for the younger grades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Khan Academy allows teachers to give students self-paced learning activities, quizzes, practice, games, and videos in any subject of their choosing.

Khan Academy review by Ashley D.
Business Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education

"Amazing service for teachers and all. The depth and detail are amazing!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Khan Academy is that there are so many different subjects covered and the lesson are very well taught. The segmented parts of the lesson and the steps that they cover are very well thought out and progress perfectly. Whether I'm teaching a lesson on marketing or budgeting, or even something very specific with math, Kahn has it all.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about Khan Academy. The only thing would be that it is not a commonly used resource here in the Midwest. I believe it is mainly used on the west coast and would love to see it used more here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that when you first get to Khan Academy to search as many different lessons as you can. The amount of content is endless and they have different instructors sometimes. I have searched around for other resources, but Kahn seems to be the best. The specificity of the content and concise explanation of content is what sets it apart from the others.

This resource is allowing my students to have another source of teaching different than mine. While it certainly isn't replacing me, it is allowing them to learn from different methods and for me to choose which lessons they are able to supplement with. Personally, I have used some of the lessons to refresh my own content knowledge before teaching it to my students the next day. It has strengthened my own knowledge greatly and also provides a useful tool for my students to use.

Khan Academy review by karmina m.

"khan academy review "

What do you like best?

I like how Sal explains things. the black background and the colorful features are helpful as well.i also think that being able to explain a difficulty concept in less than 10 min (most of the time) is not only super useful but necessary for students- socially when studying for the MCAT

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a pdf attached to it. or a summary of terms mentioned or process used. that way one could download it and print it out and follow along better rather than spending more time pausing the video to write down everything

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to anyone who is a current student and specially for those getting read to take the MCAT. sometimes the quality of certain videos can appear blurry but in my experience that has only happened once. I like how there is an app associated with it. I would recommend improving the MCAT page that Khan Academy has because it can be very confusing when looking for mcat videos- psy/soc for example.

none

Khan Academy review by Wesley D.
English Instructor & Teacher Leader
Education Management

"Great resource, hard to sell students on its value "

What do you like best?

The breadth and depth of resources available here is great, including as a supplement to other paid tutoring programs. When other systems don’t leave room for kids who struggle with basics or are past the traditional level, Khan has the resources needed.

What do you dislike?

Despite its reputation and its available videos and practice material, students lump it in with outdated platforms and often don’t dig in deep enough to see its value. This may be a result of layout or language, but I do struggle to get kids acclimated to the site/app.

SAT prep is our main focus with my junior students. It also is a supplement for my OneGoal class to their Zeal math tutoring.

Khan Academy review by User in Education Management

"I use it and suggest to students"

What do you like best?

Ideal for learning mathematics. I use it whenever I need to brush up on a mathematics concept for my tutoring services. It provides videos, text instruction with supplemental questions, and assessments. Keeps track of your progress.

What do you dislike?

No complaints. It is a very useful platform for working on subject matter knowledge for mathematics. It could use more material for other courses, like biology and chemistry. It is lacking the assessments for those courses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore other platforms as well to see which one is the best fit. I highly recommend Khan because of the variety of material for the teaching, reviewing, and assessing of skills for mathematics. Can use it for all math subjects, from elementary math through statistics and calculus. Most helpful for math, but also can be used as a resource for sciences and humanities.

I suggest that students use Khan academy to get a lesson presented in a way that makes the content very understandable. I have realized the benefit of using it myself to learn new mathematics concepts. May use it in the future to teach myself calculus so I can tutor the subject.

Khan Academy review by Mary R.
Occupational Therapist
Hospital & Health Care

"Great resource for learning"

What do you like best?

I like that there are videos that appeal to visual learners and the wide range of courses and subjects that are covered and available. The format is very easy to use as well as search through. The videos are high quality and very easy to follow along with.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that the written notes are not easier to search within to find certain parts of the lecture. I do wish these were a wider range of specificity in the subject fields that I could use even more for growing my knowledge related to my field.

I have been able to increase knowledge on basic concepts that allow me to grow in my field. Specifically, courses in biology, anatomy, and physiology have helped me to review subjects that I learned in school and are now applicable in my daily work.

"Pioneers"

What do you like best?

Without Khan Academy, I could not have survived my educational journey. Even today, I find it a useful resource to refer to for my children and their tutoring needs. The website is easy to use and navigate, the videos are clear and made with quality and clarity in mind, and the dashboard helps me track my sons' progress as well as weak points. Overall, Khan Academy is a pioneer in online education.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Khan Academy has so much to offer to parents of K-6 children like myself that honestly, it would have cost me thousands of dollars in hiring tutors to help my children.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Khan Academy is free to use for everyone and the breadth of subjects covered from Kindergarten to High School is amazing. I would readily recommend Khan Academy to anyone who are struggling in their studies.

I use Khan academy to tutor my children and ensure they're academic progress is in line with their capabilities. Also, I often refer KA to visiting high school students who approach me for advice on college admissions and financial aid process .

Khan Academy review by User in Primary/Secondary Education

"If you have skill based questions, use Khan "

What do you like best?

I like how Khan Academy provides tools related to skills needed in various subjects. I have used this when needing to review topics within mathematics or to share with students while in class. Teachers can use this to promote blended learning because it provides teachers with an opportunity to create classes for their students. Above everything else, I like how this is a free online resource available for students, teachers, and parents.

What do you dislike?

The tutor's voice is boring. Listening to the tutor for prolonged periods can be torturous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a resource that will add in the successfully learning of skills needed for success in mathematics.

Khan Academy provides content information for teachers to use that are new to the content or grade level. Also, it can assist teachers with scaffolding within their current content to better set a solid foundation for students that may have struggled previously. Using this as a resource, assist me with best equipping teachers even when I'm unable to plan with them or teach new content.

Khan Academy review by KATRINA L.
Owner
Internet

"Khan Academy Help to keep my Accountant Career up to date & is a great website for Home School."

What do you like best?

I found Khan Academy when my kids was being home school so this company been around for a long time. I really enjoy how easy the classes are online and my kids enjoy it too. I want to know what else Khan had to offer. A few years back I want to go back to school and earn my accountant degree but I did not know much about it. Lucky Khan was talking about Accountant on the website. It was a big help to me because I took what I learned on the website to school. Accountant is kind of a hard subject, so getting help from other place made it more enjoyable to learn. I enjoy the badges that I earned, the badges made me want to earn more. If I did not understand what I was learning I could always send a text on the website and somebody would explain it even more or I could just watch the video over. Khan to me is also a small community that is willing to help you out free of charge. The information that is on the website is so valuable and I hope it stay affordable for people that might can't afford school. If I have not been on the website in a while I see that it will be a few upgrade on the website. The website is easily to navigate and most ages can use the website. Khan made it even easy to share information on the website.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have my picture as the avatar and hope they will keep adding other subject like how to write an eBook, etc. The video that is on the website will earn you points but when you watch on YouTube you want get the points or be recognize for badges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I recommend Khan Academy to any one that want to learn more or need help with a subject.

I like to stay up to date on my accountant skill because I am a small business owner.

Khan Academy review by AJ C.
eLearning Specialist
Higher Education

"Incredible FREE resource for students and teachers"

What do you like best?

What I love most about KhanAcademy are the amazing resources available to teach a diverse student group. My students have a lot of different needs, and KhanAcademy provides the ability to teach them in ways that reach their learning style. Whether they need a video, a whiteboard demonstration, or a text outline of the step-by-step process, KhanAcademy gives me the tools to educate them effectively.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not as intuitive as I would like. We use other for-profit programs that are more streamlined requiring fewer clicks to access the tools I need. That being said, Khan Academy provides a wealth of information completely free, and you can't overlook free!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The teaching provided is sound, and the curriculum outline is very well thought out. I encourage anyone to give it a try and see how it fits within the work you are already doing with your students. This is a great resource for students who miss class and reducing teacher workload.

Khan Academy is taking the place of for-profit programs that we use with out students. There are requirements students must meet to use our paid programs, and when they can't do that, it leaves them and me in a lurch. They want to learn, and I want to teach. Khan Academy allows me to teach without being constrained to policies because it's completely free!

Khan Academy review by Rachael M.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
(10,001+ employees)

"Khan Academy in Nursing Education"

What do you like best?

I like that Khan academy is free, so that students don't have an extra expense. I also like that I can customize my course content, and that students can easily access any of the materials on a desktop or mobile device.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Khan academy is free but often posts messages on the site about giving financial support. I don't want my students to think that they need to contribute to Khan to learn in my course. I don't like that many of the default settings are specific to elementary learning and not higher education. I wish there were more functions for secondary education instructors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think overall, the cost of Khan Academy given the current features available is enticing and worth it. I dislike some of the interface issues, like searching to try and find ways to add assignments, etc. but I think it is generally a good free site to use for instructors.

I struggle with providing resources to my nursing clinical groups (small groups of 6-8 students) because if I post on the main course site it is available to all clinical students and not just my groups. If I only send via email, students have to search for the content. With Khan Academy, I can store all of my group-specific content for students in one place and they can use their course code to access it.

Khan Academy review by Danielle H.
ESOL Teacher
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Khan Academy --- YES!!"

What do you like best?

The lessons are long enough for pupils to gain some depth within a subject but short enough to not lose interest. You can say to your students, you are going to do this one lesson before we transition. The lessons are sensibly organized and thoughtfully planned. They have enough description and practice.

What do you dislike?

There was not enough variety of lessons in the past, but they have been expanding. There is nothing to dislike now!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent program that all education firms and organizations should consider; it is the way to solve problems like student absences and tardies --- all students can catch up on concepts by looking up their lesson materials on Khan Academy.

Students can reteach themselves a concept they may have missed in class or did not comprehend in the past. Also, it is another way to teach a student a concept other than the same teacher teaching the concept the same way.

"Wonderful Learning Tool"

What do you like best?

Without Khan Academy, I’m not sure a would’ve passed Organic Chemistry in my undergraduate career. The videos paired seemlessly with explanations were like getting a second classroom professor experience. Broken down by category, it is easy to find what subject you need more help with and watch the related videos. I also found the website extremely helpful for missed classes in Stats. I was undergoing health issues that caused me to miss a lot of classes for the course, but I caught up easily with Khan Academy. When I became a teaching assistant for some microbiology courses, I suggested Khan Academy to my students. They found it just as helpful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the voices can be very monotone, but not worse than a boring lecture hall anyways.

My students really benefitted from the tools Khan Academy gave them to go over subjects they didn’t feel 100% on.

Khan Academy review by Katelyn S.
Advanced Composition Teacher

"Helpful Math Support"

What do you like best?

I like that Khan Academy allows teachers to assign specific strands of a subject (in my experience, math) to students at their learning level. This is a helpful way to differentiate and progress monitor student learning. I also like how students must correctly answer five questions in order to move forward with the content they're working on.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the ease of student distraction. Students can easily access other websites while viewing the content videos; this allows students to play the video, without genuinely engaging with the content being taught.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely helps address students' learning needs without requiring too much additional work from the teacher.

Differentiated Instruction, Progress Monitoring, Beneficial At-home Support, Less Grading and Organization necessary since it's all accessible through the online database. Benefits include: direct instruction to meet the students' learning needs without requiring more work of the teacher to provide the differentiated instruction. In addition, there is one database where teachers can access student progress, and it is easy to analyze data to determine what curriculum to address in class.

Khan Academy review by User in Education Management

"Khan Academy Review"

What do you like best?

Its simple interface is really helpful for students of all ages. I personally use khan academy in my mentor sessions at the University of Texas at Arlington to help students understand concepts easily and in an interactive manner. As it is online and free students are able to practice it at their homes and do the quizzes at their own pace.

What do you dislike?

The questions are really basic and should include some high-level questions in their courses. Although the interface is fairly easy to use, people get confused in searching courses they wanna learn. So that certainly needs to be reviewed and changed accordingly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Literally, the best website out there to learn and increase your knowledge in core subjects. And is suitable for every age group. And plus its free.

It is primarily used by my department at UTA to help students in their grades and the understanding of the course material in a fun and interactive manner.

Khan Academy review by Misagh N.
Biochemistry PhD student and Research Assistant in Computational and Systems Biology
Higher Education

"Khan academy is the reason I can get my Master's degree in Molecular Virology "

What do you like best?

It's free, it has many many courses from ground up.

What do you dislike?

It used to be less organized when I started using it in 2010 but now I think it's just fantastic. Even a little too organized!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Khan Academy to teach your kids and yourselves whatever you need to learn in sciences.

After I received a Master's in Chemical Engineering, I realized I won't be happy doing that as my job so I switched to cancer biology, where my passion was. But, I knew nothing about biology. That's when I discovered Khan Academy (KA). Learned the basics from KA at the same time that I was taking higher level courses with Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences Masters and PhD students at Louisiana State University. I passed all my courses with fat A's! And next semester I am finishing a Masters in Molecular Virology and a PhD in Biochemistry. I still check KA out every now and then. I am forever thankful Khan.

"Khan Academy Review"

What do you like best?

I LOVE the walk through videos offered for students. When a student has a question, rather than talking about it, I can show them how it is done.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any negatives to say in regards to Khan Academy. If I could change something, I would change the way in which the videos are found for users. I prefer it is more visible rather than having to select a specific area on the home page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend to utilize the videos and tutorials as much as possible. When a student is confused on how to complete a problem, the videos can serve as a virtual tutor at no additional cost for both the student and the institution.

Business problems being solved are easy access for students to see how the math is done. We utilize this software in our math courses, primarily, and has been a very positive experience. It is like a virtual tutor, in a sense.

Khan Academy review by Tayna M.
Freelance Image Specialist
(Myself Only)

"Amazing learning FREE plataform"

What do you like best?

It has all features - including exercises, topics, forums, reading and the app enables you to download the classes to watch offline - needed for learning any topics available in the website. I love the Pixar in a Box partnership, cause it is a way to get closer to a professional way of working in the animation career. And it is totally FREE!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that not all features for exercises are available in the app, nor subtitles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has many topics to learn, since basic subjects from middle school, high school, till arts, design and technologies. It is up to you to search and find what it is interesting to you. If you are dedicated enough you can get their medals and icons of study.

I'm studying the courses from Pixar in a Box partnership. They are awesome and I've learned a lot till now.

Khan Academy review by User in Graphic Design

"Awesome option for Homeschool and to level up your knowledge"

What do you like best?

I love that I can use this to help with homeschooling my daughter and to also stay current with skills for myself. It is free and I love the videos and narration. It doesn't bore my daughter or myself. Most of it makes sense and flows nicely. Their free content seems better than what I paid for in the past for my daughter from other sites. They also allow you to donate and you will know where the money goes.

What do you dislike?

The order of everything. When tracking my daughter's progress and sometimes my own, I find it hard to keep everything organized and to be able to follow correctly. Not terrible, just not what I am used to. I'd like for it to match how other sites or systems allow me to set something and let me know when my daughter has completed it. Great site, just need better options for organizing when using for homeschool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always refresh your knowledge and stay learning. Check out Khan Academy and share with others.

I am able to touch up on some topics like accounting, grammar (yes, designing sometimes puts me in another zone and I want to make sure I stay fresh), the world, etc. I am always up to learning and it helps me when creating great projects and to keep an open mind. I also want to add homeschooling, since I have time for my daughter so I can have time for my work too.

Khan Academy review by Kristan D.
High School Mathematics Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education

"Fantastic resource to help teachers, students, and parents"

What do you like best?

I like that the videos are easily searchable and cover a broad range of topics. I also like that the videos for math show he work as it’s being done and includes different colors to hi-lightdifferences.

What do you dislike?

It’s not specific to specific curriculum (which I know would be impossible). So, if khan groups several concepts together, it may not be how my curriculum / lesson plans flow and may confuse my students.

I direct my students to Khan Academy videos when they are absent to help them catch up before they return to school. This saves me, as a teacher, time in reteaching material.

Khan Academy review by Tina T.
Pharmacy Intern
Retail
(10,001+ employees)

"A great tool for learning "

What do you like best?

It gives concise explanations on subjects that you don't understand. It's also great because it gives you visuals on the materials you may be struggling on. It's great because you do not need to use the Khan academy website to access their content. This means that I can access their videos through most devices that I own as long as I have internet access.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I really find that I dislike about this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest them to start watching videos on youtube first to see if Khan Academy is the right fit for them and if so, then sign up for the actual website. It's a great resource for anyone who needs help with a certain subject matter.

I'm filling in gaps in my complete understanding on scientific subjects that would I would otherwise not fully comprehend

Khan Academy review by Jill W.
8th Grade Special Education Teacher

"Khan is GREAT"

What do you like best?

I really like how much additional practice with specific problems there. Also, I like how there are videos for students to watch if they are confused about a specific area.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the instructor goes way too fast for my students to keep up with the videos that are being shown.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely great for gifted students. Would highly recommend for students above the average in math.

I feel like I spend less time going over confusing terms with my students because we are instead able to work on areas they might have been interested in after watching the videos on Khan.

Khan Academy review by Joel H.
Director of Alumni and Career Services
Education Management

"Specific Learning for Specific Areas of Growth"

What do you like best?

Khan Academy is a best-practices online learning platform. I thoroughly value the ability to identify easily a knowledge gap or area of ignorance, and then focus completely in that area. The metrics for assessment--whether or not I'm ready to move on to the next section--is extremely helpful as I seek knowledge acquisition in a specific area.

What do you dislike?

At times the navigation process becomes tricky, especially as I am attempting to review a section from a long time ago.

Our desire is to enable access to all adult learners to employ self-taught tools to supplement teacher-led instructional methods.

"Khan Academy Review"

What do you like best?

Firstly, all of my students can easily login to it and can see videos in 1080p without paying. Also,

the discussion board has a lot of question and as my students have informed me that their doubts are already been solved by someone so they are able to get the answers easily. Also, the videos, quizzes, and hints encourage retention without stressing down the students with too much information at once.

What do you dislike?

The point system, in particular, is unnecessary and seems redundant. Also, the videos for some courses seem pretty old and need to be updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hands Down the best website for students of all statures. A big thumbs up.

I use it with my students at TAMU to help them in learning basic and even high-level concepts in most of their freshman and sophomore level courses.

"Khan Academy Review"

What do you like best?

I like that Khan Academy has a wide array of topics and is easily able to teach others about topics. It is an easy format often with short videos to help describe topics. It also has helpful quizzes.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike that much from Khan, their videos are easily accessible, you don't even need to be a member to watch their videos, and their material cover many topics. If I had to pick something, I'd say that they may not go into the detail that is required for me to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use it if you find a topic that you are interested in, it offers a lot of information and teaches you well.

Khan easily teaches others about topics they would like to learn about and has many different levels of learning.

Khan Academy review by Tasha F.
STEM Math Elementary Coordinator Grades 3rd - 5th
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Khan Academy review"

What do you like best?

I use the video features with students and teachers across the district Dallas.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the use of all animations with some of the lessons I've reviewed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use manipulatives when you use the programs for total conceptual understanding.

Students and teachers are able to access some lessons that might not have been understood or grasped during the first round of teaching.

Khan Academy review by User in Computer Software

"Teach yourself nearly anything "

What do you like best?

I have used Khan Academy throughout my college years as a supplement to my math classes. The quality of the videos and problem sets offered are found no where else for the price you pay(it's free).

What do you dislike?

This is one product I can honestly say I have no gripes with. I mean, it's extremely difficult to take issues with a free service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You get out of Khan Academy what you put in!

While I do not see any direct business benefits in using Khan Academy, I think it works as a great supplement to computer programmers seeking to strengthen in their craft, or to students.

Khan Academy review by Administrator in Higher Education

"Differentiation Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Khan Academy allows me to address individual student needs, differentiate my classroom, and help students in one-to-one environments. It also allows me to focus on reading and writing skills, which need more direct instructional practices, allowing students to enrich lessons through self-directed study. You can also create classrooms for free!

What do you dislike?

I would like more lessons to become available, to allow students to build their strengths beyond basic instruction. The available math lessons are amazing, and help students study and understand classroom lessons. However, the English/Language Arts lessons are typically limited to basic grammar concepts. This can be used as an excellent review tool, but is not as effective if assigning for a long-term self-study program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Khan Academy is not a replacement for classroom instruction, but is an excellent way to supplement lessons, provide students with enrichment activities, and address concerns with student learning.

Khan Academy allows me to more easily differentiate my classroom. This is an amazing site that allows the classroom teacher to track student progress, address areas of study struggle, and design a plan to help students improve. This is also excellent as an at-home tool. Students in households who are unable to provide assistance or tutoring, are able to access nearly unlimited lessons and practice plans for extra help.

Khan Academy review by Dicle B.
(Myself Only)

"So many topics you can be mastered"

What do you like best?

I took history of art courses from Khan Academy to improve my knowledge about art which also broaden my horizon. Khan academy has incredible source of art history: art in all continents, in different religions etc. I think that Khan Academy has very great content and improves itself really good. The english of the instructors are very smooth and understandable even if I do not understand I can use subtitles and continue without any interruption. People has some questions below the videos and sometimes I answer them and this helps me to understand the topic better.

What do you dislike?

Some assignments are quite hard and tooks time to answer. Video quality in terms of resolution can be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Khan Academy everyone who want to learn about art history I think they provide great source of material and the videos are not boring.

I am using Khan academy for art related topics. I have learned so many things that I miss in university. This helped me a lot for my papers and also my perspective of art I believe.

Khan Academy review by S. Gamze E.
Attorney
Law Practice

"Great source for preparation for tests"

What do you like best?

I am using Khan Academy for preparation for GMAT exam. It has increadible source for Mathematics ( which i have some problems with it :( ). Instructors has great teaching abilities and very detailed explanations so I have always answer for questionmarks in my head. I like the organization of the videos they are well organized I can find any course easily. There are also questions part and every student can comment or write a question there and it is great to have right to answer these questions therefore I can reinforce my knowledge about the topic.

What do you dislike?

I think the video qualities can be much better. In the math classes I think that the instructor can write down the course regularly. Other than this I do not have any dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest Khan Academy for everyone because I think that everyone can find specific courses for their own interest. They have great quality of source.

I am using Khan Academy for my own benefit. I would like to do master's degree in abroad so when I have questionmark about something I usually find an answer (with video) in Khan Academy.