Cacoo Reviews & Product Details

Cacoo Overview

What is Cacoo?

Share plans, layouts, and work schedules instantly with team members in the same office or around the world. Create wireframes, flowcharts, UML, org charts, mind maps, and more with Cacoo.

Cacoo Details
Discussions
Cacoo Community
English, Japanese

Create diagrams online and collaborate in real-time with your whole team.

Nulab
2004
Fukuoka, Japan
@nulabinc

Director of Marketing at Nulab

Cacoo Videos

Cacoo Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Cacoo community
Have you used Cacoo before?

Cacoo Reviews

Showing 160 Cacoo reviews
Already have Cacoo?
Program Director
What do you like best?

I'm a big fan of the templates. Sometimes a big blank space/canvas/screen is a little too much so I like that they've got a variety of well-realized templates for me to use. From workflows to org charts to wireframes, it's easy to get started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was a little bit of a learning curve. Again, thank goodness for the templates as it was a jumpstart into a project and a little less cryptic than some of the tool icons when getting started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are wanting something really simple, then don't get Cacoo; PowerPoint will be fine. But if you want a robust, flexible and shareable tool that provides solutions for a wide variety of projects, then Cacoo should be on your shortlist or should be your choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have really enjoyed Cacoo as a mind-mapping tool. I like being able to throw up a bunch of ideas, sub-ideas, rabbit trails and more so that I can easily see the breadth of what i may be dealing with. I have also liked it for wireframing sites as it looks better than my paper drawings and it is easy to manipulate as we design/develop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CRM Practice Leader
What do you like best?

I love having my deliverables always with me. Being Cacoo an online service, I need not worry about which device I've been working on. Functionalities are user friendly. Re-use is definitely a pro. Team members may build on each others work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I not very found of recurring annual card transaction coming without payment reminders in advance. Earnestly I'm not sure whether it's a configurable feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Imagine yourself using an old-fashioned installed software tool. You've been diagramming for hours trying to preparing the perfect stunning slide. Then you save your work and shut down your PC and leaving for the customers' premises. The Board already there waiting for you to present. For security reasons no guest PC may connect to internal network and no flash card may be used. However you're allowed to reach the Internet from IT approved deviced available in the room. You could be easily successful but you're going to fail. Have you ever faced such a situation? I have. Had I not had Cacoo, I would have missed a chance! That's why I recommend Cacoo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm a Salesforce subject matter expert and my team is geographically distributed. We don't meet often in person but we frequently need to collaborate on deliversbles such as answers to bids and requests for proposal. We are mainli concerned in sketching and refining software solution design ideas, adchitectural blueprints and so forth. Cacoo is extremely useful for merging deliverable modules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Agile Coach aka Scrum Master
What do you like best?

It's a very easy to use tool, great for team collaboration and brainstorming. I've used it to conduct team retrospectives and product discoveries, both were an awesome experience and the app really holds up. I can host the majority of the session and when I need input, there's an option to share a link and people can join in and collaborate without logging in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I really like the app and it has all the features I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work on a completely remote company and I'm always on the lookout for team collaboration on white boards, Cacoo has really stepped up and has all of the functionality I need, I can create multiple sheets, share with the team and give them anonymity if they so desire and really collaborate together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Owner
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to create diagrams as well as the variety of templates it has Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the time of authentication, it is not so intuitive when I want to authenticate with a Gmail account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Share internally the URL and export your templates is a great way to keep all sync Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to create templates of web projects that I have had, as well as make use of diagrams, the benefit that I have had is to be able to easily share my work with other people as well as the option to export. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Ecommerce & Digital Marketing
What do you like best?

It’s very intuitive to use and a good interface but more than anything else, it’s just so flexible and quick to use. Wireframes, user journeys, process maps... it can do anything Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tool tips / tool bars require multiple clicks to access what you want. A very minor gripe Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have yet to find a better all in one tool which can accomplish many day to day requirements within the digital / IT space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main thing it’s solves is a quick - and importantly digital - tool to jot down processes and ideas. These can then be quickly cleaned up into something presentable. I use mostly for wireframes and web - as a PM, not a designer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maestro de inglés
Backend Engineer
What do you like best?

Cacoo has a lot of template I can use, I can create a graph by the fast way to build engine and business graph . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Export only support ppt format when I export to powerpoint, please support pptx format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use. no need to install on user computer, and all graph will store on the cloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used template to design engineer flowchart only waste 20 minutes. I spend short time that I can finish graph design. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Project Manager
What do you like best?

I used Cacoo to try out their features, and I think it is a great tool to create graphic content, specially if you need to do presentations, marketing as it provides great opportunities to develop great illustrations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think it will be better to have a personal use license that allows non-commercial or NGO use of the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start with the trial option, and you will find the benefits of the software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm creating great illustrations, that overall help transfer knowledge or ideas much better than with other means. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MR
What do you like best?

Cacoo is easy to use and provides many intuitive enhancements. This allows a beginner to make simple diagrams, but also provides the tools for more detailed work. Highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None. The addition of a timeline feature would be helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems. The main benefit is to be able to produce effective diagrams quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Developer
What do you like best?

I used Cacoo 10 years ago for planning for vessel network and app is fine and flexible to save and plan diagram Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing better , easy to use

Good luck. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sure Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Planning diagram Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Specialist in Conversia Online a afacerii si in Marketing prin Publicatii Digitale
What do you like best?

Easy to use and it has the features we needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not discover something I do not like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start using it and you will love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One central place to create and have wireframes accessed by the team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Designing wireframes with Cacoo is easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it lags a little but it’s not big issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just use Cacoo and judge it for yourself. It’s the best out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Designing of website and mind mapping. The learning curve of Cacoo is almost 0. Anyway can learn how to use the software easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The quick-connect attribute that each element has to assemble a nice flowchart or scheme, and the facility to export the files to a specific format. The ease of defining a graph is remarkable and intuitive, it would be great to find a way to integrate it (export it) directly into Office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I Usually work with ML architectures but there isn't an option for this sort of architectures. There are also no templates related to this area which would have immense potential when advertising CACOO. You have no idea how much a computer engineer, data scientist, etc ... is looking for a tool that allows you to easily assemble an architecture to make it easy to visualize. Take a look at some of the publications in ML and you will see the need. Another opportunity would be to integrate CACOO with LATEX, this would significantly increase the presence of the brand in the scientific community. There are also opportunities for integration in terms of project management tools such as Monday

The icon search engine does not offer flexibility or ease in searching for an item I end up browsing through all the available options until I find the one I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it at least once and you will see its potential. CACOO was present during all my thesis and I plan to use it in the same way in my publications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A good looking scheme or flow chart always helps at the moment to show your progress in a project.

With great effort, I can capture my ideas more clearly when it comes to presenting them in a meeting or a project proposal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Colaborativ diagram update is the best feature here. But the whole tool is awesome. It's easy to use, instant share diagram with anyone is top and the possibilities and accuracy the tool give us is amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The old diagram made on the very old flash app cant be upgraded. That's the only thing I dislike here. But as I need some more characters here, I would add that, the loading time, ca be a bit long sometime Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At least, give it a try. Its cheap, really easy to use, and very powerful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cacoo is perfect for UI Mocking. Especially with the link system that can make really interactives mockup really fast.

It also work great as support for any kind of presentation or brainstorming.

With the real time collaborative option, it's also a very effective tool to work on anything with remote people. It's really nice to have a clear and easy to use/share whiteboard.

And the tool is even accurate enough to even make some mock design.

The item library to work with is really nice and the search bar make it easy to use.

And I didnt even talk about the versioning feature, the folders (and even folder share!) and export feature! (The PDF export even support the linked item, what a nice way to share a mockup with anyone!)

But the possibilities offer with Cacoo don't stop here. The real time collaborative tools make it one of the best online whiteboard software too for example! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I have been using Cacoo for several years now and it keeps getting better and better over time. Continued improvements and ease of use are what I like the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are not really any downsides to Cacoo that I have found. One wishlist item that could be improved is the ability to save a PDF with Google fonts. It currently doesn't pick up the Google Fonts and replaces them with default fonts. As a workaround, I simply export as a PNG or share the link directly with my clients, so this has not been that big of an issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give Cacoo a try. It has been a great tool for my company for a long time. It keeps getting better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows me to quickly make site architecture diagrams and wireframes that previously tied up my designers. I'm able to share directly with the client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

A simple straight forward user interface allows for professional looking diagrams to be created and shared seamlessly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The logon process can be awkward though since swopping to Google account connection it has been better Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am providing diagrams to explain technical requirements of solutions based on business requirement gathering Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate, Emerging Markets Investment Banking
What do you like best?

It's easy to use a program that offers you a wide range of templates, topics, letters, and formats without considering how to add pictures and texts from your personal computer. I use it more than anything so I can do my work on time, so it is great to get cacoo on your si if you want it. Cacoo is a tool for me to create graphs for my visual so analytical maps Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The negative part of using Cacoo is that only though you are in the free version, you will share the users. The material remains unchanged and does not require motions. You need to be linked to the online to exchange the details with another person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the best application to make diagrams and mind maps quickly and safely. It has infinities of designs which you may like, I really recommend this application is too functional I love the application and I really recommend it, simply is a quick and concise way to make a mind map, I like this tool too much I really recommend them to new users who want to stubbornly use it will even work at the level of companies. I recommend them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I did many maps and graphs for my research with this software and when I was several times at university I used it too usely for many items, numerous assignments and jobs, diverse subjects in which it kept me out of a lot of cacoo trouble. My friends were unavoidably suggested and so many questions were solved. Thanks to this submission, they thanked me for helping them fulfill their needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Can see information presented in a clear way Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When starting out, using Cacoo's tools is a little hard to master Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it out first Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mapping out ideas, it's easy to see which ideas connect together Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to create mockups quickly and easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The line tool is very hard to use and not very intuitive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out, its very helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating mockups Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

I used Cacoo 4 years ago then I really to loved it to make mobile app wireframe and website mockup. Thank you team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Give more price option and more cheapper if can. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No, right now it's good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

The interface is extremely user friendly and doesn’t cause me any frustration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t come across any yet, I’ve found the process very simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As both a freelancer and small business owner, cacoo has been amazing when sharing ideas with contractors and collaborators. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to visualise my own workflow and sharing those steps with my collaborators. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Lo facil que es hacerlo todo , muy intuitivo y rapido . Puedes usarlo en cualquier sitio y con cualquier dispositivo . Sirve para todo, desde graficos para el trabajo hasta indicaciones personales . Además la interfaz es muy rapida y estable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Debería de tener una aplicaciones especifica para dispositivos móviles como android o ios . Que se adaptara a las resoluciones pequeñas para poder llevarlo a cualquier sitio . También sería bueno que no tuviera limite da capacidad en las versiones gratuitas Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Facil , rapido e intutitivo Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Diseño workflow muy rapido y reutilzables . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Analyst
What do you like best?

ease to build diagramas from scratch, easy to understand, good user experience, absolutely fantastic to have a repository of diagrams, models, wireframes and other material online Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

what I dislike the most is that on the basic version there are only 10 diagrams available for free, which sometimes is not enough for the nowadays requirements Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

pretty easy to use and valuable for the open community. in addition it is a fantastic tool for those who don't have a tool provided for working in commercial projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

open tool for diagramas and models. the major benefit that i can consider using this fantastic and very useful toll is the ability to have all the models, diagrams, wireframes, sketches, prototypes and other additional graphic material under a common account which can be hosted outside of the tool provided by companies your are worked for and far from the tools provided by the final client, this is a easy way to have a repository of own material that can be reusable in subsequent projects and initiatives.

The problem of course is the restriction in the number of sheet avaialble for a no premium account which in my opinion is not enough Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO