BrokerageBuilder

3.4

Agency management system for employee benefits. Centralize client information, generate RFPs, and track commissions and variance. Real time system data reporting. Integrates with Microsoft Office Suite.

Work for BrokerageBuilder?

Learning about Brokerage?

BrokerageBuilder Reviews

Ask Brokerage a Question
Showing 10 Brokerage reviews
Brokerage review by Jessica G.
Jessica G.

"BrokerageBuilder User for 6+ Years"

What do you like best?

The system is well-organized, easy to navigate and pretty flexible. You can create custom fields and workflows very easily.

What do you dislike?

From an efficiency standpoint, it’s a pain to attach every email you send or receive. There is an Outlook plugin that helps, but other systems allow you to drag and drop emails, which is MUCH faster. Same with attaching files—I wish you could drag and drop, but you cannot. When you set-up a plan, you have to put the expected premium and commissions. Once commissions have been posted, you cannot go back and change this without un-posting and re-posting commission statements, which is tedious. This comes up in you make a mistake when you set-up the plan, so you have to be careful projecting premium/commissions (especially when you get a BOR mid-year or have a multi-year rate guarantee). Our biggest pain-point is the reporting. Our old system would capture expected AND actual premium and revenue for each plan, which gave us a very accurate book of business (BOB) report. BrokerageBuilder only pulls *expected* premium/commissions, so when your premium/commissions change (acquisition, new hires, layoffs), it’s not reflected. When you get a BOR mid-year, the premium/ commissions is always off. For example, when we get a BOR for an account that renews in 4 months, the reports will show the 4 months of premium/commissions as an annual amount, so producers think we are under-reporting premium/commissions, but it’s just the system not being sophisticated enough to calculate this properly. I have to run 4 separate BOB reports (plans with monthly, annual, quarterly and semi-annual premium/commission), then clean the reports up, then merge them together, then sub-total each producer (and we have 35-40 producers). It’s a huge pain and never truly accurate. It causes a lot of grief for our accounting department, the producers, and me. We were told, after the fact, that many P&C agencies post commissions in their P&C system and not BrokerageBuilder because of the reporting limitations. Overall, the reporting has not worked well for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s a good system for many brokers, but I think it’s getting outpaced by other systems. Zywave needs to make some changes quickly or they will lose a lot of business from brokers that have P&C and Benefits departments. More and more firms are combining systems and moving their Benefits department away from a Benefits only system like BrokerageBuilder. Having two systems just doesn’t make sense anymore if you are a large firm with P&C and Benefits departments. The reporting is cumbersome and we never fully-trust it. A lot of the reports we asked for did not exist and had to be created. We felt these were standard reports: book of business reports, new business reports, etc.

We made the change to BrokerageBuilder six years ago, and it was a step-up from our prior system. We’re housing our client info electronically and can access it from anywhere. We like the system, except for the reporting and attaching emails.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about BrokerageBuilder
Brokerage review by Mallory W.
Mallory W.

"BrokerageBuilder Reveiw "

What do you like best?

All the data you are looking for is in one place and you should be able to export the data to use as necessary

What do you dislike?

The software seems outdated and there is a lot of client information regarding health insurance plans that you need to type in. The program will not you move on without each item being plugged in even if that is just a "N/A" which is very time-consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is nice if you need to pull information but not everyone fills out everything within the program.

It is standard practice that we type all of our clients into the portal in order to track offices, commissions, etc . of the client. However, I feel it is time-consuming and not worth it, when our office doesn't use any of the additional features.

What Insurance Agency Management solution do you use?

Brokerage review by Agency in Insurance
Agency in Insurance

"Long Road Ahead"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of information to input for it to work well, but worth it. Our current implementation team is really great. They understand what we need and are working with us to get what we need into the system. I think it is important for the team to understand your company and functionality prior to trying to implement, once they understood us, I feel like progress is going to be made. I don't have full access to the system yet. We are still trying to get everything loaded into the system, so it's hard to say what I'd like best about the system. Right now we've been thru a lot of training, but we are in limbo until the information is updated.

What do you dislike?

It's really been a difficult road getting all of our information into the system. I feel like there's been a disconnect between the sales department and the implementation team. Sometimes its hard to ask questions, in a way that gets the answer I am looking for. My language seems to be different than the techs, so I don't get answers to the questions I feel like I am asking. It's take a really long time for us to get up and running using the system. They want to only upload a few years of data into the system, however this doesn't meet industry compliance and regs we have to meet so this is a little off putting. However, they are willing to get all of the information into the system. We interviewed many companies prior to our selection, I really liked the social media tools other systems had integrated into their system to communicate with clients. A pre built carrier form library would be great! I think it is going to be challenging to keep the library up to date as needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the implementation Dept. knows exactly what your needs are before you begin the process. This could save a lot of time and money

We are trying to get more organized, we have many years of business in multiple locations that all need to be pulled together to be more useful. Again this has been a long road, and we don't not have total access to the system yet because our information is still not uploaded into the system. We had a really long set back because of the lack of communicating between sales and implantation. Once we are organized we hope to be able to begin a strong marketing campaign utilizing the materials and resources the system offers.

Brokerage review by Alexandra S.
Alexandra S.

"Great for Broker Organization"

What do you like best?

Brokerage builder is a fantastic way to organize your groups and keep track of renewal information.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit clunky and takes some time to get used to. It also takes a long time to set things up since everything is manual.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep everything up to date. The tool is only as good as your own data so make sure to input as much information as you have.

It's a great way for us to keep track of our customer base.

Brokerage review by deeana d.
deeana d.

"Helpful"

What do you like best?

Helps me with everything I need to get done

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any issues so far. I think they could put themselves out there more so more people know about their business.

When I come across some I will contact someone about it.

"Brokerage builder"

What do you like best?

I like that it provides a database so that I can see all of my clients in one space

What do you dislike?

Implememtation was difficult and there was a disconnect between what we wanted and what we got

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very thorough when working with the BB team to make sure they know exactly what you want as they are building the portal

We are more organized and all team members can obtain the same information rather than everyone looking somewhere different and getting different information

User in Insurance

" Has what you need but still missing parts. "

What do you like best?

I love the ease of searching for clients and user interface.

What do you dislike?

I wish it wasn’t so archaic in how information is input - it’s like it’s stuck in MS Dos.

Keeping client information updated and filed neatly online. The online access is great so if I work from home I’m able to access all my clients. If I need to access it via mobile, I have that ability, as well. I would like to be able to document better but it does what I need

Brokerage review by Agency in Insurance
Agency in Insurance

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

New to the industry, introduced to this software and was very impressed with the ease of use and intuitiveness of the program. I like the integration with Outlook.

What do you dislike?

It has experienced some technical issues with Internet Explorer

Tracking client interactions for future reference.

Brokerage review by User in Computer Software

"Clear and concise but needs to tune some aspects. "

What do you like best?

The interface is moderately clear and most of the required information is available at one place.

What do you dislike?

The fact that everything needs to be updated manually. The User Experience is not delightful.

Keeping client details and tracking their information.

User in Insurance

"Great Product for Agencies "

What do you like best?

Ability to search clients and save required documents and information on clients

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes for this product at this time

Ways to share information - brokerage builder solves

Learning about BrokerageBuilder?

* We monitor all BrokerageBuilder reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.