AWS Elemental MediaConnect

3.8

AWS Elemental MediaConnect is a high-quality transport service for live video. Today, broadcasters and content owners rely on satellite networks or fiber connections to send their high-value content into the cloud or to transmit it to partners for distribution.

Work for AWS Elemental MediaConnect?

Learning about AWS Elemental MediaConnect?

AWS Elemental MediaConnect Reviews

Showing 23 AWS Elemental MediaConnect reviews
AWS Elemental MediaConnect review by Thamara D.
Thamara D.

"Reliable video transporting service."

What do you like best?

We can securely share live video streaming with the powerful encryption mechanism.Which is only can be shared with the allowed clients.We can control the our video distribution through the platform.Also with the quality of the platform, we can easily deliver high-quality videos even in a dependent networks.We can transport video from another AWS Elemental MediaConnect or on-premises . High quality deliver ensured by the Real-Time Transport Protocol and other industry standard protocols.Also if we can share and revoke the access anytime.We can choose whether we use MediaConnect with other AWS services or as a stand-alone platform service.

What do you dislike?

With the AWS Elemental MediaConnect platform , Actually I do not have any cons regarding this. But there are some areas which can be improved with the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improvements should based on agility of the platform.Surely AWS have potential to do that task without any disturbances.

MediaConnect gives initially organize execution measurements and also Communicate standard cautions distinguish issues with transport streams, so we can change configurations to augment the nature of our video work processes. The administration screens stream execution and recuperates naturally without administrator intercession.Can easily find out potential customers with the cloud.Essential service for a live TV channel.Also,it is a very cost effective and efficient than using satellite or fiber optics technologies.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about AWS Elemental MediaConnect
AWS Elemental MediaConnect review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"My new way of broadcasting"

What do you like best?

As a vlogger I really like its reliability, security and its flexible service for transmitting and replicating my live video feeds and securing it to cloud. A high quality result of every streaming I created. A powerful product to lean on and could support my heavy work load with high grade monitoring, and giving me the ability to personally manage it to be more globally competitive

What do you dislike?

as of now I didn't encountered any problem. I'm still on the process of navigating myself and familiarizing to the whole product because this product give me everything I need and in every demand from my clients and viewers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

as of now I'm really satisfied with this product and happy with every video I make

the capability to save it in cloud and saving my memory space from a large size file. enabling me to Review other videos from my co vloggers without having any changes with the quality and video and sound thru cloud and line or fiber transmission

What Other Video solution do you use?

AWS Elemental MediaConnect review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"This product was easy to use and worked well for our needs "

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about this product was how easy it is was to access as well as for others to access from outside of our healthcare network while still being secure. It is also great that it could be accessed at any time.

What do you dislike?

Due to having been a “user” of the content and not a creator, I feel I likely didnt have enough usage to encounter something to dislike. Perhaps if I were one creating content it would be different.

My company worked with independent healthcare providers to provide better value based care rather than fee based care. Due to this, there are many metrics that have to be met by each provider. This platform helped the independent physicians communicate with one another in regards to what is working or not working via video. It is great for users to get on at any time to view so “meetings” don’t have to be held.

"Couldn’t be better"

What do you like best?

So far, so good! My company uses this to upload videos for the employees or future employees. The quality is amazing, but of course I wouldn’t expect less from Amazon. It is so easy to make and upload the videos and you can easily store them in iCloud, to send out in the future. Another nice feature is that you can stream live, although we do not use that just yet.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything that I dislike. The ease of this is through the roof! I have not run into any issues whatsoever. Contacting amazon IF there is an issue, is very easy and effective as well!

As stated above, AWS Elemental MediaConnect is extremely easy to use. You will not regret at minimum, trying it out. Sending out videos to the team is fast, easy, and always secure. For those who use the live stream feature, it is a huge plus. You can get online and stream right away.

AWS Elemental MediaConnect review by User in Financial Services

"Very Effective for Video Transferring "

What do you like best?

The security encryption embedded into the product allows for use of confidence without having to worry whether the shared files will be compromised. Video uploads/streams have been seamlessly done thanks to the reliability of the product, which makes it a joy to use.

What do you dislike?

Only used it for a month or so when I was attempting to break into video production. I have not really found any issues where I am bothered to the point that I can recall. Maybe the learning curve at first is a bit confusing, but I managed to get over it in a couple of weeks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe make it more known to people. It isn't a service/product that many know about.

Storing important media files on a cloud where they can be easily accessible without having to worry about keeping a physical location secure.

AWS Elemental MediaConnect review by Consultant in Environmental Services
Consultant in Environmental Services

"Happy with AWS. Will recommend"

What do you like best?

Industry grade security is one of the main reason why my clenterprise has stood with AWS mediaconnect for few years now. We work a lot with streaming and AWS has helped us a lot with streaming services.

What do you dislike?

I have also used VLC in the past.The best thing about this software is that it allows you to view the video along with editing the video such as its dimension, color, zoom capacity, geometry of the video. At times AWS media connect iant very user intuitive.

AWS Elemental MediaConnect has allowed content owners to send their live content into the cloud, and transmit it to partners for distribution or replicating one source to multiple destinations. It has saved us a lot of time and therefore helped in cost reduction.

"Pretty Useless Software"

What do you like best?

The things I like about it is the fact that you are able to share a wide range of documents all stored in amazon's servers for later use. But there are hundreds of options for this that are way more logical to use

What do you dislike?

The software is hard to understand for someone who does not come from a Tech background. I personally do so was not that hard for me but explaining things to colleagues is difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Dropbox instead as it's cheaper on the yearly plan

Ease of Use is a huge problem. Accessibility is a great benefit

"AWS MediaConnect"

What do you like best?

Extreme reliability, scalability and availability allows virtually any use case to benefit from MediaConnect

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the web dashboard is a pain in the butt to use. I recommend using Terraform

Recommendations to others considering the product

Terraform. Terraform. Terraform.

Streaming media to and from endpoints cheaper and more reliably.

AWS Elemental MediaConnect review by Administrator

"Great Cloud basted Transport Service for Videos our Company uses"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, GUI is user friendly, great for hosting videos used on websites or demos given without having to setup the complex hosting in house.

What do you dislike?

Could support more formats for faster video integration without conversion

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth trying during an evaluation and seeing if its the right fit for you and your company

Business video hosting and delivery to customers by cloud based service provider, meaning less IT work on the back end of doing it in house.

AWS Elemental MediaConnect review by Administrator

"Secure and reliable"

What do you like best?

Aws elemental media connect is perfect for live streaming of videos of any events like sports, concerts,festivals etc. This provides high quality with less satellite costs and highly reliable due to secured streaming for broadcasters.

What do you dislike?

The performance of the video is slow sometimes. That’s not a big issue but I hope this can be improved by time.

Editing and streaming the videos of oncampus sports events with aws platform is really easy and great.

AWS Elemental MediaConnect review by David C.
David C.

"Pretty good"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to connect to various media sources. Much more user friendly that datorama.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had better visualization options

Can easily compare performance a Ross media channels

AWS Elemental MediaConnect review by Jared G.
Jared G.

"Using data storage for company confidential information"

What do you like best?

Letting AWS handle our business expenses using cloud storage

What do you dislike?

Having to pay an extended fee on the upgrade

The easy access of cloud storage

AWS Elemental MediaConnect review by User in Research
User in Research

"Lab work"

What do you like best?

I like how it allows me to create cool content for my lab and benefits towards educating people on what our lab is about

What do you dislike?

I dislike how I needed a lot of help and guidance. It’s not user friendly unless you know exactly what you are doing.

The problem we are solving is the lack of knowledge about our research

"Worth looking into. "

What do you like best?

I can focus more on the creativity and production, rather than how am I going to get this out to the masses.

What do you dislike?

That it took me so long to find it. I am grateful now have it and save time and money

The ease of program is as easy to say as it would normatl

AWS Elemental MediaConnect review by Agency
Agency

"Aws"

What do you like best?

Aws I use very frequently and I absolutely like it, it helps in decision making and analysis of data

What do you dislike?

Performance is slow sometimes, I feel that is an area for improvement

I use tableau very frequently and I absolutely like it, it helps in decision making and analysis of dataper

AWS Elemental MediaConnect review by User in Financial Services

"Excellent experience"

What do you like best?

The best thing is it allows to share and multicast streaming of any live event remotely.

What do you dislike?

Price is little to high but still ok if compare with competitors

Recommendations to others considering the product

AWS MediaConnect is highly recommended and a secure product

Helped in sharing an event to all employees with multicast capability

AWS Elemental MediaConnect review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"New to AWS "

What do you like best?

Having access to the features in the Cloud is so important.

What do you dislike?

Trying to keep up with the changes in the cloud platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know its the right solution for your company.

Moving and editing video within the AWS platform is great.

"GREAT!"

What do you like best?

They were very easy to use. i love how fast the site loads

What do you dislike?

nothing!! this website has it all for great value

i havent used it for too long, i need to figure it out more

AWS Elemental MediaConnect review by User

"One of the best cloud services "

What do you like best?

It’s the best cloud services which is apt to this generation

What do you dislike?

There is no much dislikes to highlight and say it out loud

It’s solving my day to day activities and also basic and extravagant features

AWS Elemental MediaConnect review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Ease of use"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use. I find it very useful for our particular business needs.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to navigate initially but once you figure it out its easy

Data

AWS Elemental MediaConnect review by Consultant in Professional Training & Coaching
Consultant in Professional Training & Coaching

"Live & On-Demand Video"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and good quality ... combining services it makes it efficient to utilize

What do you dislike?

Paying for a service that can be accessed through other providers

Sharing content as well as training

"Great service"

What do you like best?

My company uses AWS services and we are very happy with it

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have internet issues and are unable to connect

Ease of use

"Computing platform guru"

What do you like best?

The platform is relatively on demand and easy to share. Connections are scarce

What do you dislike?

Connectivity could be more promising. Also needs manual computing

Cloud computing

Learning about AWS Elemental MediaConnect?

* We monitor all AWS Elemental MediaConnect reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.