Amazon Inspector

Amazon Inspector is an automated security assessment service that helps improve the security and compliance of applications deployed on AWS. It automatically assesses applications for vulnerabilities or deviations from best practices.

Work for Amazon Inspector?

Learning about Amazon Inspector?

Amazon Inspector Reviews

Showing 19 Amazon Inspector reviews
Amazon Inspector review by Administrator

"Inspector - the best tool on security of your application"

What do you like best?

I like how it's easy to set up and there is no need to educate a person to set Amazon Inspector up because it does not require much of the instructions. The documentation is very extensive and there is no additional purpose to look for any other alternatives. Amazon Inspector just does its job the way it is supposed to!

What do you dislike?

There are possible only two things that I can find that leave me little bit concerned about the service. Firstly, first thing which I am not particularly a fan of is lack of some of the custom protection. I would like to see more on that. Secondly, billing for Amazon Inspector is a little bit tricky when you set it up to work with other services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other alternatives to Amazon Inspector. People tend to use Amazon Shield or Amazon WAF for the same purpose as Amazon Inspector. But I definitely suggest to get to know your use cases per each of Amazon services to make a conscious choice regarding any protection. There is definitely a great value in combining using services. For any of DDoS protection I recommend using Amazon Shield and Amazon WAF. For setting up your architecture right, Amazon Inspector is a great choice along with Amazon Trusted Advisor.

Trying to improve the security and compliance of applications deployed in the cloud. Amazon Inspector automatically assesses applications for vulnerabilities or deviations from best practices.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Amazon Inspector
Amazon Inspector review by Anuj M.
Anuj M.

"very good service inspector for security purpose"

What do you like best?

amazon inspector is very good and reliable service we can use for security purpose in our services, application and in web services. Its an automated and managed service by aws. Very useful service as most of the people face security issue so can be fixed by using this service without using human resources.

What do you dislike?

main dislike we can say only cost and agent issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its solving main problem people face today that is security, which is managed by amazon inspector by set of rule in this service. Auto managed service having set of rule which we attached with our instance application and web which autoscale the security and fix them. very useful and reliable service launched by aws, everyone need to try this to improve their services as well.

Its solving main issue of security as it autoscan the vpc and managed security passes in this, which help a lot to aws services

What Vulnerability Scanner solution do you use?

Amazon Inspector review by Jacki S.
Jacki S.

"AWS STORAGE"

What do you like best?

My coworker loves that we are to use people to "pretend" to develop co. website and store doc., but honestly was extra costly that way, so showing that we had I had resources that was done coworkers, no two ways around it. The world watched uncover extreme determination of economic dollars hopefully change security laws.

What do you dislike?

I don't like anything about having to install exe. to my desktop because of "breaching" as I install and reinstall just to get it right - my excuse.

We use for our inspecting which I use as an excuse. Feel bad about it now, but worked for over 20 years.

Amazon Inspector review by Titouan G.
Titouan G.

"A very useful product."

What do you like best?

This software help users to check the level of safety of the product that we developp.The power of the product. It's easy to know what's wrong. I will use it for my personnal use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing wrong with it. Every things are easy to do. The main bad aspect of this product is the interface wich doesn't change during I used it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The service of this software do not have to change. An other interface may probably improve sending or renew the subscription.

A simple way to check safety of the product. Our data bases for our websites are now safer. We are sure that our services will not be hacked or bybass our systeme.

Amazon Inspector review by Sakshi J.
Sakshi J.

"Amazon inspector is security service "

What do you like best?

Amazone inspector is very good managed and auto service provided by amazon to check security system of all amazon services like security gp. instances and other services as well. Amazon inspector is automatically checked all the things in rules and provides the report to administrator. It automatically have security checks.

What do you dislike?

main dislike i can say is cost and time it takes otherwise its a very good and managed service by amazon

Recommendations to others considering the product

One can use amazon inspector to manage their security systems

It solving our security issues as it automatically checks all the services and security gp and fix them and provide report as well

Amazon Inspector review by Timothy G.
Timothy G.

"Inspector is as good start for vulnerability scanning, butr far from perfect"

What do you like best?

pretty hands off approach to vulnerability scanning. Get industry standard scans out of the box

What do you dislike?

inability to aggregate findings across accounts

CIS-SCAN does not allow you to choose the CIS CAT level to run. The scanner is unuseable to us, as our compliance only requires level 1, not level 2, so we end up with a ton of spurrious findings we dont care about

Would be nice to have additional filters, like"only scan instances which have been up more than n minutes"

vulnerability scans for compliance

Amazon Inspector review by Mackenzie A.
Mackenzie A.

"AI does the job"

What do you like best?

AI simply does its task the method it is expected to. Extremely beneficial service as the majority of individuals deal with security problem so can be repaired by utilizing this service without utilizing personnels.

One can utilize AI to handle their security systems.

What do you dislike?

The absence of a few of the custom-made defense and that is a bit difficult when you set it approximately deal with other services.

AI immediately evaluates applications for vulnerabilities or variances from finest practices.

Amazon Inspector review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"amazon inspector - security service of aws"

What do you like best?

amazon inspector is widely used by big clients and it helps to make secure our system services and aws services or deployed applications on aws. It is an automated service which is provided by aws and very useful service.

What do you dislike?

it is not available in all reasons and its cost are its dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

very useful service for security purpose and very flexible and reliable to use to check servers and services security. I would like to recommend all aws users to use this.

it is very beneficial for security and check the vulnerability issues and provide the list of issue to fix them also very useful for web providers.

Amazon Inspector review by Jessica P.
Jessica P.

"I love Amazon inspector"

What do you like best?

I love how reliable it is..It's great..I love the fact how awesome it is..I can rely on Amazon inspector when needed.It has an awesome layout as well.

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing that I don't like about Amazon inspector

The business benefits are everything.They are amazing!

Amazon Inspector review by Skyler K.
Skyler K.

"Amazon inspector"

What do you like best?

you can define a collection of AWS resources that you want to include in an assessment target.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it has it's perks but other times it glitches.

It is cheaper to use than most inspection apps.

Amazon Inspector review by kristi s.
kristi s.

"Security with Ease "

What do you like best?

It enables you to focus on more complex security problems

What do you dislike?

It was a little confusing to understand and operate

to configure security passwords

Amazon Inspector review by User

"Use it for security and company compliance "

What do you like best?

For me was a way different approach and all new concept on security and company compliance.

Using new tools and choices are on how to better stay sound compliance.

What do you dislike?

It’s all new way of thinking and that takes time to change in your mind.

Make sure company stay safe from any cyber threats.

"Great security program!"

What do you like best?

My team and I love how quickly and easy it is to assess the security of the AWS resources.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is bad about this software. It’s easy and the price is good!

It’s quicker and easier than ever to keep our AWS secure and safe. The benefits of that are invaluable!

Amazon Inspector review by Agency
Agency

"Inspector"

What do you like best?

Specific functionality for the AWS environment. Compared to other scanners, it targets the environment and is FedRAMP compliant.

What do you dislike?

I have not used the tool, only worked to ensure it's compliant with FedRAMP requirements.

FedRAMP compliance with targeted scanning.

Amazon Inspector review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Convenient and Effiecient "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of the software it makes my job so much more easy to do

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything yet that I dislike

Helps to identify any security risks, it has caught several which helps me.

Amazon Inspector review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Amazon Inspector is very easy to implement!"

What do you like best?

No second thoughts required, it's easy to enable and let it do its own thing

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it's very easy to use and I like the product

I have used this previously but it helped me with auditing control

Amazon Inspector review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"useful, but not very accurate "

What do you like best?

easy use and good interface, i can use this to simplify my busniess

What do you dislike?

sometime, it is not accurate, so i often recevice worry warning

find thread and what should we do in the future

"AWs Inspector"

What do you like best?

I like the inspector becase it is able to dect any isses on the c2 instance

What do you dislike?

WE have copeting product inhouse we are using it for now for testing

staying on top of issues

Amazon Inspector review by Consultant

"AWS Inspector"

What do you like best?

The reporting and automated assessment. It allows customers to find deviations before deployment, saving time

What do you dislike?

Nothing, from what my clients have said this has been a great product

Identifying app security issues and deviations

Learning about Amazon Inspector?

* We monitor all Amazon Inspector reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.