Tucows

3.9

Tucows provides domain names, email and other services through a reseller network.

Work for Tucows?

Learning about Tucows?

Tucows Reviews

Showing 11 Tucows reviews
Tucows review by Tosha W.
Tosha W.

"Great for first time users"

What do you like best?

I especially love the ease of being able to share software with others that are searching for specific software. Being able to browse the library for featured software. I like how organized the website is, and the options for being able to download free and paid software as well as review and see the reviews of others before trying. Seeing the reviews of others makes it even more trustworthy and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I'd change, I love seeing this website grow over the years. Been a long time user for many years and have never had any issues. Never would have thought the website would have grown into a domain host as well. The many features of this site has impressed me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tucows is a great site to help promote your software or business. They have extensive libraries full of software for every need and with trusted reviews you are sure to always have the best software on the market. I have used them many years and am happy to see how well they have grown, always offering the best features.

Using Tucows has helped me share my software and software that I've used with others. Tucows has a great way of organizing software by category which makes it easy to find what you are looking for. As well as the features of being able to purchase a domain name though them, a site that has been trusted by me and many other users over the years.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Tucows
Tucows review by JENNIFER M.
JENNIFER M.

"It's a reliable page for software downloads"

What do you like best?

I like it because it's very reliable, it's a company that has been offering its services for many years, it has a lot of software ready to download. I don't need to register me and with one click I can download any software I need. I also like that they're classified according to their function and they really have softwares for everything

What do you dislike?

Always the downloads have worked quite well so I can't say that there's something that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it as one of the most reliable sites for software downloads.

This website is the first place where I download any software that I need. From accounting software to screen protectors. Nowadays, not all download sites are reliable, but Tucows has so many years on the Internet that I don't fear that my PC will be damaged by a virus.

What Domain Registration solution do you use?

Tucows review by Emma J.
Emma J.

"Easy for beginners"

What do you like best?

I like the organization and synchronization of the software that makes it easier for all for access even for the beginners. It is free for download and reviews by others assist you in building more trust on software.

What do you dislike?

For me the setup was very easy and downloads were quick so I don't have any sort of disliking about it yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good software for business. Helps you in quick and safe software downloads. They have extensive library that helps you in downloading the stuff you want so have got a lot of choice. It is very much user-friendly and good.

For downloading it is very handy and useful. Nowadays all downloads are not much reliable but it helps you a lot by quickly detecting if any malware or virus is present. Thus it is a good one.

Tucows review by Ankit D.
Ankit D.

"Makes purchasing domains a pleasure"

What do you like best?

Tucows, or more specifically Hover, their subsidiary, is the only place I feel comfortable purchasing domains. They don't try to up-sell or use shady business tactics, unlike many other registrars. Their prices are always reasonable, and they frequently have sales. They are also very good at taking care of DNS issues.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike - managing domains and configuring DNS is never particularly fun, but Tucows does better than all other registrars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Hover - it's their best subsidiary to use if you're looking for Domains and Email.

Purchasing domains and forwarding emails quickly and without any fuss

Tucows review by Kevin H.
Kevin H.

"A bit of a pain to deal with"

What do you like best?

Tucows has been around for a long, long time and was the first domain registrar I ever used. But it wasn't the last.

What do you dislike?

Dealing with Tucows often felt antiquated and needlessly complex. Other registrars were able to capitalize on this to swoop in and take clients, including me.

We no longer use Tucows, but when we did, it was exclusively for the registrar services.

Tucows review by User

"Three stars for Tucows"

What do you like best?

It is an easy site to navigate through to try software. I have found that they have a wide range of utilities and games that are freeware

What do you dislike?

not all software is relevant or up to date

Trying programs like Active Undelete has helped out a few users who thought there files were unrecoverable whether from an external drive or flash media.

Tucows review by Haiku M.
Haiku M.

"Review Tucows"

What do you like best?

Easy site to navigation. It is an excellent place to find the software you need.

What do you dislike?

Dealing with Tucows often felt antiquated and needlessly complex.There's nothing I'd change, I love seeing this website grow over the years.

We no longer use Tucows. From accounting software to screen protectors.

Tucows review by User

"Tucows Review"

What do you like best?

Domain management offered good features for support team and clients we managed domains for in self storage and small business. We used tucows for sometime before switching to open Srs for more broad perspectives..

What do you dislike?

For the most part I liked the service but I looked for a broader service at a more affordable cost to myself

None

Tucows review by Consultant

"Great place for software"

What do you like best?

I have used Tucows for years. It is an excellent place to find the software you need.

What do you dislike?

Have had times when I couldn't find the software I needed, but that was a rarity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Looking for software, look through Tucows.

Wide variety of software available; lower costs.

Tucows review by User in Computer Software

"Outdated looking domain lookuo"

What do you like best?

It is easy and quick to lookup whois details about a particular domain.

What do you dislike?

The UI looks outdated and the site can be hard to navigate.

We have used it to lookup domain names to check which registrar they are on.

Tucows review by Administrator

"Good services all around, exceptional hosting "

What do you like best?

Best thing I like about Tucows is tha customer support

What do you dislike?

Don’t necessarily dislike anything. It is a bit smaller of a company than someone like godaddy

Solving issue with having affordable registration and hosting

Learning about Tucows?

* We monitor all Tucows reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.