OpenDrive Reviews & Product Details

OpenDrive Overview

What is OpenDrive?

OpenDrive is a solution that allows you to store, backup, and sync data across multiple users and computers.

OpenDrive Details

OpenDrive
Palo Alto, CA
@OpenDrive

OpenDrive Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the OpenDrive community
Have you used OpenDrive before?

OpenDrive Reviews

Showing 71 OpenDrive reviews
Already have OpenDrive?
What do you like best?

Upload files very quickly and it’s priced at a good value Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app is not the best, restoring files is tricky Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

backing up and restoring files Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

it is very easy to use website and app. You can easily store your important documents securely in the cloud. Also you can manage your tasks, groups and users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

More features needs to be added. Like calendar, notes or other available. UI needs to be modernized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very easy to use, if you considering to switch, it can be good option Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

To store files which I need to access from anywhere Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Arquitecto de soluciones SOA
What do you like best?

OpenDrive is not expensive and can store a large amount of data. It is easy to implement and has a version for all devices in different operating systems. It is very easy to organize files through folders and it is possible to grant them security. I also like that you have the ability to schedule backup copies, either by day, week or month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The speed of data transfer is below other competitors in the market. I also think that the interface should be more modern, for example, the Windows application has a Windows XP style. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I feel great confidence with the service offered by OpenDrive. It is a great tool to make backup copies of your documents and synchronize your files in real time. In addition, it is much cheaper than other competitors found in the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OpenDrive allows us to store commercial documents and also projects compressed in ZIP, giving us the ability to exchange and edit files among all colleagues. For me, it is a tool that has incentivized collaboration and saved us money that had to be paid for other more expensive services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Marginal benefits included ease of task planning, but this was largely underused due to other dominating issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Really did not like the un-intuitive user interface, as well as the lack of many cloud storage functionalities that were not behind a higher pay wall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stay away from the product if your emphasis is on cloud storage... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tried to solve issues of data management, but only benefit we realized was in the way of task management, as aforementioned Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Developer
What do you like best?

I am very happy with this great service given by OpenDrive its platform is very easy to use and it is best that we can access it from any device it is only necessary to have our user and password at hand, so we can view our information or upload other files with just drag and drop the same with the mouse and in just a few minutes we will have our information backed in one place. The best thing about OpenDrive is that it offers unique plans since they fit what each user wants, that is, they are highly personalized, so you will pay for what you decide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the moment of configuring the interface it may take a while to make the changes, but the rest works without any problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend OpenDrive because unlike other Backup services, it pays for what you decide, as it chooses to your liking, it also provides the best backup of information and files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having OpenDrive next to me is really very useful because I can store very important information that can be viewed from multiple devices so if I want to work in some collaboration it will be very easy thanks to this great tool, besides it will keep the shared information secure thanks to the copies security that is generated automatically and the best thing is that without a doubt it is always a very flexible service and with a high performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Desarrollador de software
What do you like best?

Opendrive is a great backup software, I like it because it is extremely easy to use, it has a simple interface that makes it very interactive and comfortable for users, it allows us to customize the interface to our liking, it offers a great flexibility to allow us to choose between a personal plan and a business plan, in addition to that we can even share the amount of files that we like between different equipment and all for a very affordable price for the user's pocket. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any flaw in this great tool, however there are files that are often very heavy so it would be great to implement the power to transform files in a lighter format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Opendrive is a great tool that allows you to keep your files backed up and very organized. It is very reliable and easy to use and its prices are really very low, so testing it would be ideal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Opendrive is really fantastic, since I can have my files in one place and be able to access them from any other computer, besides that it allows me to keep my files very organized and at the same time safe because it automatically makes backups , so I keep my files and information supported and the best thing is that it is so simple to use that I only have to click twice to drag and upload. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Diseñador gráfico
What do you like best?

I like this software called OpenDrive because of the ease of use it provides and because of the powerful and large storage it can provide in the cloud, as well as the fact that it generates backup copies of shared or downloaded documents among users. It makes working with it very simple and safe and the best thing is that it provides access from anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

OpenDrive is a very complete tool and fulfills its functions on a large scale so I have nothing to say against it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Opendrive is very useful both for your personal life and for your work life for more than a backup, it provides the facility to manage your projects with other users or colleagues so it is very easy to collaborate in other projects through a single interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OpenDrive has allowed me to organize my work as well as my life since using it gives me the power to have my documents, images, music and more in one place without having to worry about the loss of them because it automatically generates security copies, It is also very easy to use and allows me to share and keep up to date with my most important events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

I really like Opendrive because it's like using an agenda but online, this powerful tool is very simple to use, its interface is very simple and modern, it allows you to upload or download documents, music, photos, create notes so you do not forget important things. whether they are related to work or personal life and the best thing is that it makes copies of our documents automatically as well as allows file encryption and deduplication which makes it a very simple but extremely efficient and very complete tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As any online tool or that is supported in the cloud can sometimes get slow but maybe due to internet problems or the number of files that are uploading or downloading. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Opendrive is ideal for any professional because you can have everything you need at hand without worrying about losing an important event, or for the loss of some document, photos, music and more, as well as providing extensive storage and automated backups. all for very affordable prices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Opendrive helps me to take my day to day as a software developer as well as my personal life thanks to all the tools it offers I can synchronize files or folders so that they are visible to other users or colleagues, send emails with them and even have the hand my favorite music, photos and much more, that's why Opendrive is ideal for my life in general. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Software Engineer - Salesforce
Computer & Network Security
What do you like best?

This Store, sync or backup your documents, music and pictures online with instant access, sharing and collaboration, all in a simple to use, secure environment.

A powerful task and project management tool that helps you manage and collaborate on any project within a single interface. Share tasks with your account users or anyone else.

Attach pictures and documents to any note and write comments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We wish OpenDrive also offered file versioning at their individual plan level, but that isn’t a deal breaker for us. One conceivable deal breaker for some companies might be the fact that they don’t offer an unlimited storage plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Food and beverage service as a associate
Food & Beverages
What do you like best?

1. Managing task is very easy with OpenDrive as they specially have a feature of it and you can add as many as task you want and complete them as soon as your team completed with work.

2. OpenDrive has inbuilt document, spreadsheet and presentation that come handy when working simultaneously on a project this way they are fully equipped not only data storage but also editing and collaborating of the data.

3. The sticky note features comes handy when you like to provide your team with a quick status update like the requirement changes and schedule changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. Once we faced difficulty with their interface when after dragging and dropping the file into OpenDrive but the website was just showing their trashes folder even clicking on the logo this incident was frustrating.

2. OpenDrive's website is not mobile friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The one who is concerned about their data and want to take the backup as well as want a better interface software then you should go for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sharing the file and then by inbuilt tool provided editing them with your team and working on the same.

Just this functionality has a lot of benefit for our company and then comes the main part of backing up the data and sync functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Postdoctoral Fellow
Research
What do you like best?

I like the free cloud storage, the ability for us to manage our individual publication projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Transfer to/from the cloud is not always the fastest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We work on collaborative projects, so ability for people to share their updates is essential to bypass mass email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

OpenDrive is presented to us as a virtual drive where we can access it with our computer and save what we want and be able to access it whenever and wherever we want, and also get the direct link to the files to send it to whoever we want and can download it.

We can also create an account for several people and save all the group's files there, to which we will have access and we will be able to modify them together without any major problems. To access our files from a computer or device other than the one on which we have installed the OpenDrive client, we simply need to go to a website that they provide us with and identify ourselves with our data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The worst part about OpenDrive is that every day it has more and more competitors and these are very good... They need to start upgrading their services to better fight the competition and offer better services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

OpenDrive has a free version, so we can all try it out. You have tough competitors but OpenDrive has a lot of experience in the industry and personally I am very confident to keep my files there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thanks to OpenDrive we share all the business files that need to be accessed by several people in the company so that we are always using the latest version of them. Also, as a personal use, we can make backups and forget about losing our precious files if our hard drive breaks down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's less detail oriented nature by providing a simple file structure to upload instead of folder structure which is more tedious to maintain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's limited functionality which limits it's ability to be used for larger more bulkier projects, thus making it useless for larger projects or to go solution for the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Upload your projects artifacts for non prod environments using a cheaper solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Developer
Computer Games
What do you like best?

OpenDrive is of the best Cloud Storage I found so far, It gives 5GB free space to every user. It can be downloaded on Mac and it auto syncs the folders in it just like Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Drive. It's much better than Apple Drive. It is very easy to use and easy to learn. I can add notes and manage my tasks very easily. I'm on trial version but planning to upgrade since features are amazing. Setting Priorities and progress to tasks is amazing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

File size should be less than 10MB and trial is less than 15 days. 9.99$ per month is pretty expensive for students like me.

There is nothing in OpenDrive that I don't like - it has amazing features but somehow I think more features can be added and optimization can be done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please allow files more than 100MB as well and Increase the space from 5GB to 10GB

Please add reminders as well in it so they show a notification when the event is near. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I store my files and important data in it. I store my tasks and to do list in it and check them on regular basis. I organize my documents in folders and upload notes. I have backup of pictures as well. User interface is amazing it helps me organize my work. I watch videos there without downloading it just like google drive. Everything is amazing I strongly recommend to use it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Our company started using OpenDrive last year and results have exceeded what we expected. The cloud saving and retrieval tools are fast and simple to use. There are various tiers of storage, with the first being free. Nearly glitch free for us so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the pricing options are a bit steep, however it is compensated with bug free software and great customer service which we only needed a few times for basic support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To evaluate how much storage space you need before transitioning to OpenDrive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having a secure, safe location to electronically store sensitive documents is a major benefit for us, rather than encrypting and splitting up storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

There were many things i liked about Onedrive , but some of them were:

Unlike the most cloud storage providers out there, there are two basic plans for the storage which are indeed unlimited storage, files speed, syncing and much more.

There are more options which are customizable according to your needs ranging around 60$/year also, which is for a personal or a business plan.

The flexibility it gives to choose between personal and business plan is just amazing.

The portability if the Onedrive will just do the icing on the cake kind of stuff as it has android and ios application support also and it supports both the windows and ios .

Allows to upload larger files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of the most downside of these software , which I can say is a big blow for its popularity is lies in it's User Interface. Yes, you heard me right , it's UI is very complicated when it comes to the website version.

There is also at times the losses of many files as it does not store the data in two different places. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend these software. Liked the way the plans can be chosen from and also there is a option of custom plan which also includes upto 500gb storage so that is something worth investing. The customer care support is also good All in all a great software . Worth investing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Some of them were:

Allows the larger size of file to be stored . So , reducing the heavy work of resizing the file before uploading it.

The pricing is just amazing. I think it's cheaper then the other storage provider out there.It merely starts from 6$/month.

The reachability is just great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Opendrive is a very useful and user friendly cloud storage platform, it has some unique this like, the best is to be able to manage projects in the cloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The free service is very limited and only useful to use the cloud storage but not the project management tools nor the notes. The cheapest plan is still too expensive at 10$ per month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to link my folders with project management, saves time because I usually needed a separate software to do that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Event Director
What do you like best?

Completely portable you can access your photos, documents and videos from anywhere. Share large files easily with others when email limits file size. Works great with all platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The free storage is a bit limited to 5 GB. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to backup all relevant files in the cloud and ability to access on multiple devices independent of the platform. Provides peace of mind that all the files are backed up in a safe place automatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphics Designer
What do you like best?

Open Drive is good when it comes to syncing your content across multiple devices. Its web interface is very good with drag and drop features to upload your content. The storage plans can be customized based on your needs. It has Microsoft office integrated so you can view your word, powerpoint and excel files and perform edits. It keep different versions of the same file so you can restore it if you require to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface of open drive sometimes looks confusing when you have hundreds of files and folders. Moreover the sorting of the same is difficult. Sometimes it seems expensive to use if your requirements are just above the current plan but you might not need the other features of the next plan in the row. The number of third party apps for open drive are fairly limited. There is no two factor authentication for providing extra security features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Open drive will offer you a good control over your files. You can go back and forth with the file version and keep track of changes. You can sync your content uploaded in one drive across various devices and keep everything up to date with the online storage. You can also use the Microsoft office online to make edits in your files and collaborate with the other users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open drive offered us good collaboration options for the files like word documents or powerpoint document or office document. The pricing was flexible compared to other online storage services. The content uploaded is synced across all of the devices seamlessly. We use file versioning feature a lot to look out for the revisions made in the file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Software Developer
Building Materials
What do you like best?

The best thing about this product is the responsiveness and intuitive interface. It's lightning quick, has a very natural interface, not filled with ads and other nonsense, etc. I really like some of the enterprise features such as being able to share large amounts of files, awesome monitoring capabilities, and encryption for safety Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit expensive and the free trial isn't comparable to Google services. Even the personal basic plan is not comparable to Google and as an individual youi could really just use GMAIL in replace of this service, although thats not practical for for enterprise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy it! It's a bit expensive but its well worht it for your business. as an individual I'd say think before you purchase it though Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OpenDrive has allowed us to easily backup data to prevent loss and to guard against the consequences of loss stemming from stolen laptops, employees being terminated, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

its very convenient to access office data anywhere anytime .As data gets automatically synced with the respective computer so ease to data connectivity has increased. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

on a massive level memory given is less some times the applications slowes down and then crashes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

IT could offer more space to users and make it more compatible with mobile version Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Individually if every worker downloads it then space is sufficient.All data is at a single place only and it is very safe and secure so accessing it is very easy.application is very user friendly so every colleague sign's up easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IF
What do you like best?

we can many features such as task and project management tool, Store, sync or backup your documents, music and pictures online with instant access Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

sometimes syn failures or slow sync speeds, limited support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if your are ok with limited support and not having two factor authentication then go for it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

decent prices, multiple users, productivity tools, huge cloud storage space Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Poder tener acceso a is archivos en cualquier parte Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Me ha gustado todo, no cambiaría nada de lo que he probado Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No cambiaría nada, así me gusta todo Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Acceder a mis archivos personales desde el trabajo Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coordinator
What do you like best?

Super simple to use. Compression level is one of the best. Uploading and downloading is quite fast. Also available on almost every platform. Pricing is also cheap. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A lot of important features which other online storage websites like Google Drive and Dropbox are offering are missing. Google is currently best with features like Google Docs and Slides. But still, the price is much cheaper in comparison to these storage platforms. More file viewing should be made available, code can also be viewed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me access all my files from anywhere. Almost all my friends at work use and we constantly share files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

La capacidad de almacenamiento, tiene buen espacio para lo que yo buscaba. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

El tiempo de carga de los archivos es algo elevado. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Compartir archivos dentro de mi empresa. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.