ManageWP Reviews & Product Details

ManageWP Overview

What is ManageWP?

ManageWP helps you manage multiple WordPress websites. It saves you a ton of time and nerves by automating things like backups, updates, performance & security checks, and more. It is fast, secure and free for an unlimited number of websites. For more information visit our website: https://managewp.com/

ManageWP Details

ManageWP gives you the power to automate the management of any number of WordPress sites

ManageWP
2011
Belgrade, Serbia
@managewp

ManageWP Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the ManageWP community
Have you used ManageWP before?

ManageWP Reviews

Showing 27 ManageWP reviews
Already have ManageWP?
What do you like best?

What I like the most about ManageWP is its ease of implementation, as it is only necessary to enter the WordPress admin credentials to connect the website to the application. It has a tool to create backups on a monthly basis, which is very convenient in case the website is down. I also like that it has a feature that reports issues affecting website speed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that all ManageWP premium tools are billed separately. I think they should implement a monthly plan where all the tools are included in one package. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ManageWP is a very useful tool for webmasters who need to manage different websites at the same time. I recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use ManageWP on a daily basis to verify the correct functioning of the websites that I administer, since I can update the plugins directly from this platform, as well as create backup copies of them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Director
What do you like best?

No more wasting time going into every site to update plugins or do backups....By using ManageWP you can do all your updates + install plugins and themes + so much more .....all from one place. And did i mention you can select all plugins from all your sites and simply click update? It is amaazing!

Something else that I found very amusing but was so grateful about ManageWP....they actually give away the most useful features of the app for free. You do not even have to buy any of the add-ons and you can still manage a loooot of websites.

And the add ons are like $1 or $2 a piece per website......that's sooo affordable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Manage WP is that they do not allow you to pay using PayPal. I kinda understand why they did that cause they do need to charge your credit card on a monthly bases. But wish they allowed buying bundles or prepaid credits via PayPal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I solely use it to update all my plugins and themes of various websites regularly as well as make monthly backup of the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Self Employed
Owner
What do you like best?

The ability to manage and login to every single one of my clients WordPress websites from one convenient dashboard is honestly an absolute godsend! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer support can sometimes be a bit slow (in this day and age of instant support) - but they are very good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a lot of WordPress sites to manage, this tool is essential! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Previously it was very difficult to keep track of multiple WordPress sites - this tool has made it a breeze and saves me countless hours every month, enabling me to take on more clients and do less work! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Analyst
Museums and Institutions
What do you like best?

The free features make this hard to beat by any other WordPress dashboard service. I love that at a glance, I can see all of my WordPress sites and manage them in one location, pushing plugin, theme, and core updates to each site individually or all sites automatically, at the same time. It even works with WordPress Multisite. While I don't pay for the premium per-site features--I don't need them, they're all cheaply priced. The Uptime Monitor is only $1 per month, per site. Worth every penny. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike is that you can't change the URL for a website after you've added it. You'd need to delete it and start over. A minor annoyance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have more than one or two WordPress sites that you're managing, use ManageWP and take advantage of the premium options, especially the Backups and Safe Update feature for your plugins. Many plugins will update fine, but there are many plugins that might crash your entire site if an update doesn't work with your theme (I've seen this multiple times). You need a way to restore previous plugin versions, and ManageWP offer this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a way to centrally manage all our public WordPress sites, honestly just so we don't forget how many we have and which ones need updates. The ManageWP dashboard saves me hours each month, allowing me to update plugins for each site individually or in batches automatically. That alone is worth using this. Managing plugin updates can be really time consuming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

That fact that I can administrate all our websites from the same dashboard with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact additional features are paid individually and per site, would have preferred a monthly subscription that would have covered various sites Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great way to manage your wordpress sites from one dashboard, definitely recommend and you can start for free too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

To manage and monitor websites more efficiently Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Developer
What do you like best?

Allows easy access to dashboards, plugin updates and backups for many sites.

The automatic backups work well and provide easy restores and downloading of specific files or parts of the database.

The site clone feature works very well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Interface can be a little slow sometimes.

Loading sites can take time.

No options to change length of time backups are kept for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a shot. They offer easy plans to get started so it's worth a try to see if it helps you.

The features are great and the ability to only pay for the features you need for a specific site really helps control costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As Agency managing over 75 WordPress Sites having easy access to all our sites and keeping them all backed up and up to date can be tough. Having everything in one place makes it much simpler.

Whenever we setup a new site adding it to ManageWP is one of the first steps we take. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Manage WP is being able to see all the websites I manage at a glance, and see which ones need to be updated and if there are any problems. The paid features are also great, and I like that you can choose which sites you upgrade. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the Safe Update feature takes so long. I really feel that it could be quicker but this isn't a deal breaker for me. If I used safe update for all plugins and sites, I'd be updating 24/7. I just choose to use Safe Update on major updates like themes and Woocommerce and other heavy plugins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend trying it, it's free and very easy to set up! You can't lose when you try the software. I started with 2 clients and updated their sites with Manage WP once and decided I couldn't live without it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving a lot of problems, like keeping up with individual usernames and passwords for all clients, logging into each one individually to do updates, etc. I keep important information in the notes section, and I can run security scans and backups all without actually going into the site dashboard. It saves SO MUCH TIME. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I like the ability to make routine updates and checks all from one place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be better if the system tracked updates done directly through wordpress as well as those done through the platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to feel confident that all my client sites are being routinely monitored and updated on a weekly basis. I can handle everything in about 30 minutes, saving a ton of time compared to doing things one at a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Consultor de Marketing Digital
What do you like best?

It's the easiest way to update or give maintenance to wordpress websites from a single dashboard. Just with few click you can update all your websites. Also with safe update you can rollback a corrupt or wrong update/upgrade without issues. This i a great time saver tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It has some great free features, but maybe add some others to give the users more flexibility. Also there are some tools that could be great to have them free with others providers not just GoDaddy. Timeout sometimes is about the plugins, so maybe they can improve that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Faster and easier to implement, better support and response times from support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Wordpress maintenance is easier and faster than before. Also the customers reports are really great. They are easy to understand and it's really great to have this job done with few clicks. Also the Security Reports helps you keep your websites monitored without investing on a third party tool.

The performance Reports also cover some tools like pagespeed and pingdom tools just in one report and run the performance report per site just needs one click. And If you pay for the automatic reports it's really: setup once and forget. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sole Proprietor
Real Estate
What do you like best?

I was a fan of the original ManageWP. It was simple and had great tools for very little or no cost. The new incarnation known as Orion is confusing, and seems like a lot of GUI that is not required. I spend a great deal of time looking for the information I need. I was excited during the beta but it just seems to have fallen flat. There are still useful tools but with every click there is a pay wall. I would just prefer a simple pricing scale that I can choose and know what I am getting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The look and feel is overdone and tiresome to use. I would prefer a more minimal workflow.

The main dashboard is ok as it is similar to the old version but the rest is just too much to dig though and keep getting pay wall blocks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend trying it as they do have some nice tools but I do not feel the interface is a friendly one and the paywalls get annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maintaining multiple sites and multi sites Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Slick interface and reliable cross-site management of WordPress installations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As yet there is nothing I dislike about ManageWP, despite keeping a close eye on things since their purchase by GoDaddy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing multiple WordPress installations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The best feature about Manage WP is the ability to save all logins from one platform. Also it's an easy way to integrate other tools such as analytics and see the changing stats every day without logging into each tool separately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most about this product is the difficulty of finding where things are. If there is an update or recommended thing, it's hard for someone who isn't a developer to know where to look or what to click on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We mainly got this product to monitor uptime and have one area we could see all plugin updates from Wordpress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AD
What do you like best?

I like the fact all my site information is on one place and I can see what needs doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes its time to refresh and can lose connection with some sites and I have to reconnect Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely do this if you are managing more than 3 sites. The time you will save is brilliant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It saves me time updating client sites and my own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Director
What do you like best?

I like the automation for update sand plug-ins on Wordpress. Backups works well. It does everything from one dashboard. It's good for checking the status of multiple sites in one window. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't always update automatically, softaculous does a better job of that. The automation is a bit glitchy and the price is annoying since each additional option is an additional monthly cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping websites updated and managed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

The ease of it is fantastic. Admittedly, their move to the Orion dashboard was a little unsettling since our team had been accustomed to using the standard dashboard. But as we started to learn our way, we also found that their constant updates allowed it to get easier to adjust to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The inability, without upgrading to another more expensive option, to have individual users and roles. This is elementary and a crucial part to anyone using this platform. Without it, the ability to know who did what when is a hinderance. Wish this had this ability out of the gate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Using InfiniteWP is really the only other real competitor - and we have problems (utilizing both of them due to acquisition). ManageWP is really the gold standard for this type of service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to manage mroe than 100+ WP installations at once, get notifications when something arises and the reporting tools save us a ton of resources and time. Utilizing this for our clients, we're able to quickly address issues, upgrades and offer custom reporting on all the tasks we've done with a click of a few buttons. I hope their acquisition by GoDaddy does not make everything go south. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

"Byrådirektör" på den Personliga Reklambyrån
What do you like best?

Since the new ORION Launch - you get great overview of all the websites you manage. You can easy see which site has what plugin and themes.

Check out that they are secure and ha a backup. By activating uptime-monitor you get a notice if the site goes down.

Then you also have SEO tools and Google Analytics makes the Manage WP great!

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have an opportunity to crate tasks.

That would be grate for teamwork when updating or working on sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a testrun.

The smart pricing system let's you add more features as you go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having several wordpress sites of your own or managing your customers sites can take a lot of time. You have to make sure they are updated, that all themes and plugins are updated. That takes time!

With Manage WP you get a dashboard with a great overview of which site has what plugin and if it need to be updated. You can easily activate security checkups, backups, uptime monitoring.

You can update alla plugins on one site or on al sites, you can easily see which have backup or not. You can see which site need to be optimize, check for comments and also when Manage WP has done the work - you can send the customer a report telling them of all great work you (Manage WP) have done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to house an array of different web build projects within one centralied location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Besides occasional syncing issues there are not many other downsides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Na Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of all client website builds for a web development department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO/Founder, Front-End Web Developer & Digital Marketing Consultant
Internet
What do you like best?

What I like best is that they are continuing to improve their automation processes from Performance and Security scans, daily and weekly backups, to their latest tool, automated client reports. They continue to innovate and that is what I love about them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price is still a little blurry even after Orion was launched. For the most part, you are billed on what you use, and you won't know what that is until the end of the month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the right opportunity for anyone out there wanting to provide peace of mind to their clients, knowing that you can deliver value to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a digital marketing consultant, I am providing value to my clients. I am keeping their Wordpress websites secured and backed up. And the clients get a detailed report each month with what exactly we do, giving them peace of mind knowing that if their website gets hacked tomorrow, that we can just restore the website in less than 24 hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The ease of use for ManageWP for maintaining multiple sites at once has saved me countless hours. I used the original version of MWP years ago but abandoned it for other solutions due to the cost. When they announced Orion though I was enticed to return and I'm really glad I did! Orion has all of the features I need - reliable off-site backups, client reporting tools (although I have some requests in this area), SEO and performance monitoring, ability to have different clients on different paid tiers, etc. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Orion evolves now that it has finally officially launched! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not everything is super intuitive. For instance, I just needed to restore to a backup point from a previous week and it wasn't clear to me that I needed to select that date from the calendar... I'd like to be able to make notations about additional tasks I've done - e.g. if I needed to do a manual update instead of through MWP, or if I did some other maintenance task not accounted for within MWP - and have it show up on the client report for that month. I also find the sorting of sites a little wonky but it might just be that my brain functions differently - I keep having to remind myself that I have to select Plugins, which sites, and then the update tab if I'm looking for a specific plugin to update across the board.... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just give it a whirl! You'll be glad you did! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of maintaining well over a dozen sites on varying tiers of service all at once! My client reporting has improved ten-fold and the reports look far more professional (although I'd like them to be more compact). I save a ton of time over screenshotting all of my updates and then manually creating monthly reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Product Officer
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

I like how easy it was to start using it and also it was really easy to back up my client sites Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not very intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Run a web design and development consultancy that provides the hosting and maintenance. ManageWP helped to ensure that we can automate a lot of maintenance work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Website Clone

Daily Automatic Backups to Google Drive, AWS, Dropbox and more.

Web Analytics

SEO & Keyword Ranking Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Issues Adding Websites Hosted on Godaddy Managed Wordpress and that can be related to Godaddy. I contacted both ManageWp and Godaddy for the issue to be resolved however it still remains open to this date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend signing up for the Trial to learn the Platform and see if it works with your Host Server or not because i experienced issues with Godaddy Host Server however it works fine with AWS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Connecting to websites quickly and increased efficiency in managing WP.

Monitoring tools have helped to learn about the website uptime, traffic alerts and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & CVO - Social Media Manager
What do you like best?

I can roll out updates, security changes, install the session, do anything I need to including posting to several sites at once. This saved my sanity! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing. I actually have not gotten to learn every feature yet but so far everything works no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool is amazing! I can't imagine why anyone doesn't need this if they manage more than 1 WordPress site. It is priced competitively too! You can use a trial to find out if you like it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can login to and manage every clients website from one dashboard! Posts, updates, plug-ins... So far I am saving hours at a time from logging in and out of so many individual WordPress dashboards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic/Web Designer
What do you like best?

Best backup solution for multiple sites i have found. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

there's not a lot. with the change over to orion things have been running very smoothly. Maybe integrating my Managewp account into orion so I can do things like add and edit sites from my orion account would be useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it. Migrating sites between hosts/implementing beta sites to live with ease alone makes this worth the price. Add in the backup features and site updates makes it a huge winner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

managing backups and updates for multiple sites across multiple hosts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder and CEO at PhraseExpander
What do you like best?

It's super easy to setup and when you have done that you can manage all your wordpress blogs from a single interface. You can make sure they all plugins are automatically updated and the site is backed up.

It also automatically scans your sites for threats and malware. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I didn't find anything that I don't like. It works great and I love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to manage more than a single website, you need ManageWP Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having to login to a number of websites to apply updates and backups was a nightmare. No I can have all the information instantly available from a single dashboard Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.