WPMU DEV Reviews & Product Details

WPMU DEV Overview

What is WPMU DEV?

Your All-In-One WordPress Platform. Super-powered hosting, support, site management, and plugins! For site owners, developers, freelancers, and agencies. We make you the hero when it comes to WordPress security, performance, SEO, marketing, and more.

WPMU DEV Details

WPMU offers WordPress Plugins, WordPress Themes, WordPress Multisite and BuddyPress Plugins and Themes.

Incsub
2005
Albert Park, Australia
@incsub
141 Twitter followers
Answer a few questions to help the WPMU DEV community
Have you used WPMU DEV before?

WPMU DEV Reviews

Showing 79 WPMU DEV reviews
Already have WPMU DEV?
owner
What do you like best?

Chat support has always been less than a minute's wait. Every support agent has been thorough in helping me navigate the Hub and Hosting systems. Tonight, Jair Jaramillo walked me through a migration. He's the second agent to help me with site migration, though his provision of screenshots of his work while migrating the site as well as a summarized, numbered How-To Guide for when I attempt my next migration added fireworks to his astounding efforts. He's a good teacher on top of being a good developer. Kudos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about WPMU DEV. I'm still a little shakey in the environment because I'm new but am looking forward to learning the plugins and offering a new care service to my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Well, once all my sites are migrated and I've set up the Dashboard and Hub, I'll be able to host and offer my Care Plans from one place. Essentially, WPMU DEV is taking the place of both SiteGround and ManageWP. Those are big shoes to fill, and it seems they have the feet to fit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Website Development & Creative Media Consultant
What do you like best?

The very best thing about WPMU DEV is that is allows me to consolidate at least a dozen security, optimization, and webops management tools into a handful of plugins. This makes my life as an admin significantly easier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think it's important to note that just like with any transition -- a potential downside to WPMU DEV is having to learn new systems or convert existing utility from other plugins into a new way of doing things.

The biggest hurdle I have faced so far is simply understanding where to look in each plugin to accomplish my goals. Though I will say the documentation and support from WPMU DEV has really minimized any pain points. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start by taking a thorough inventory of ALL of your plugins. Make notes on the critical "must-haves" and "nice-to-haves".

Once you have your list, visit WPMU DEV's list of plugins and compare what each of your plugins is doing for your. Check your "must-have" and "nice-to-have" boxes.

Once that's done, take your existing site, spin up a stage copy, and replace plugins where you can see overlapping functionality and TEST, TEST, TEST! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A few examples of how I'm using WPMU DEV are:

Consolidating and simplifying the processes of caching, minification, and image optimization using WPMU DEV Hummingbird and Smush.

I have also found it easy and intuitive to secure my sites and manage whitelists, lockouts, and other issues with WPMU DEV's Defender plugin.

Finally, I really like the way WPMU DEV Brand simplifies the process of white labeling the backend AND managing custom email domains when sending transactional messages from my site -- both really powerful and important features! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Developer
What do you like best?

I have used both the ticket and chat feature. Both were extremely helpful. On the chat both times I was matched with Mhamdi who spent over 3 hours with me helping trouble shoot and solve my problem. On the ticket feature, they responded within 24 hours and were helpful as well with answering my questions and solving my issues. I love the plugins that this company offers and can not say enough good things about their customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I have used this company for years and have always loved their plugins. Their customer support is amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They have a handful of plugins for your wordpress site that to help improve it's functionality and make your life easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had an issue with a plug in. Right away they were able to trouble shoot and solve the issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Design Director
What do you like best?

Everything they offer to my clients is fantastic. Especially, the plugins and the support services are the best parts I really like ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The multilanguage support has limited. I hope they can support Traditional Chinese on The Hub Client; however, I am still happy with the current situation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try their plugin and services , you will love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The quality they prove to me and make my management become more easy than before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Director
What do you like best?

WPMUDEV have an excellent team of support staff, quick to respond and eager to help with all your Wordpress related issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

WPMUDEV are still rolling out a number of enhancements to their products, so expect them to have an almost perfect toolset for managing Wordpress in the near future. In the meantime their products cover most of the plugins you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed a comprehensive set of tools for security and site speed across a number of websites. The Hub offering is perfect for managing your sites in one place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

WPMUDEV is the greatest security software I could find and experiment but the support is absolutely incredible..

my agent , JAIR J ARAMILLO, was the best support ever. WPMUDEV is a complete program covering every aspect of security. with a lot of advice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would have appreciated mentioning that the minimum backup was too small for my huge website and that was going to be extra fees to use outside programs like the cloud or any backup storage program. besides this, the backup system is very complete and adjustable to everyone's needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

at first, some of my 1250 students were blocked by defender pro when other could log in with no problem. my fake username as students had no problem neither so it was impossible for me to find the reason, I was finally blocked for entering and accessing the admin dashboard. that is why I decided to call support and it appears I did not et it up correctly on many parts.

Jair Jaramillo found all my problems and even gave me advice for the rest of the setup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I am still exploring the features of WPMU DEV. Hopefully I am on the right place to start with my business. I really appreciate the support and recommendations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One small thing I have issue with is the waiting time for the live chat support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has great features to start my WaaS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Technical support is the best in the industry. There is never more than a couple of minutes wait and all their agents are very knowledgeable and friendly too. A few of them would probably qualify as google developers or work for any major software company in Silicon Valley. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. There is really nothing to dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend WPMU Dev for both hosting and performance plugins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hosting plans are very reasonably priced. It comes with their best performance plugins, 10 email boxes and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Director
What do you like best?

The support and software quality is simply amazing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

you can't do a manual transfer with oxygen builder. Shipper does work, which is their migration plugin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

After 20 years of searching around, this team is definitely worth every penny. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

unburdening Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The easyness of the support and the constant will of help Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Maybe more language support, like spanish… Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A good optimization and customization suite, also a five star support team and a helpful forum. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

WPMUDEV has tools I have only dreamt of for wordpress. And they offer amazing support. Like 24/7, super intelligent, bend-over-backwards helpful support. It's unmatched. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Now that I have dozens of sites on their server, it is getting a little pricey. However, it's worth every penny. For every site I move to their server, I have 100 less headaches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! It will be the best business decision you have made. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can manage all of my websites - that I host AND that I do not host - from one panel. Benefits are immeasurable. It saves SO MUCH time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner / Operator
What do you like best?

The support. From migrating sites over, to plugin conflicts, to SEO issues, speed, and more. 100% solved every problem I've ever had with web hosting. Their plugins are rock solid and have improved my site at every turn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Literally nothing. I can't think of a single thing. They have excelled in all the ways a web host can. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If the support in migrating the site back to your old host is half of what it was moving to WPMU, there is literally no risk. You'll improve your website instantly, plus get some new ways to increase the success of your site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

WordPress hosting and management. It was necessary to move my sites to a single location and be able to maintain them from 10,000ft, WPMU let's me do that. And at an affordable price point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EM
What do you like best?

The support was great! Jair solved my website issue really very fast! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to say against WPMU DEV, I'm having a great experience until now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm using Smush Pro and Hummingbird Pro, both very useful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder and Owner
What do you like best?

Fast support, great plugins, easy and reasonable hosting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Minor difficulty migrating but, their team handled it! Yay! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was with a different host but using WPMUDEV plugins, and their tech support every time the other hosting company fell short on support. Then setup a site on WPMUDEV and it was easy and ran well. I have a large site and the other hosting company state I would need a very expensive dedicated server for it, unfortunately I believed them and paid too much but only for a month until I tested WPMUDEV hosting and switched. I set up a lot of sites for charities and do not want to see them ripped off so I am thrilled to host on WPMUDEV! Pending the final outcome with the other host I am keeping their name confidential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Director
What do you like best?

The Hummingbird plugin was a gamechanger for my site, bringing my site speed down by 25 seconds. It has a powerful "asset optimization" feature, gzip compression tool, and a performance test. This led me to try Smush Pro, which is just as powerful. Then I continued, one by one, with the additional Plugins. After trying the powerful Defender Pro plugin I was sold that I needed to have the entire WPMU DEV suite of plugins. This not only saved me money in trying to use a patchwork of plugins but it increased my sites functionality. At each step of the way, the support staff was responsive and patient and skillful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only recommendation is to have more tutorial videos. But overall I was able to find everything I need through support documentation and through chatting with support staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out Hummingbird. It was a gamechanger for optimizing the speed of my site. It's self-evident that the suite of their plugins are superior. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Site speed. Site security. Image sizes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The support, then the Hosting and the plugins but Support is the most valuable. In addition I have learnt from the devs so I can fix more stuff myself. It's one thing my business could not run without it unless I had my own dev, which I can't afford. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I guess just the occasional bugs but they get fixed quickly so I can't think of anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth every single penny with out a doubt. I f you need the best hosting and support along with premium plugins then WPMU Dev is a must. I love that they are always developing new stuff - I love the product roadmap to help me plan any changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A wide range of issues from migrating a site to the one just now where there's a sitemap error in Search Console. The support is so broad :-) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Me
What do you like best?

I love their chat support! I can ask questions as I'm working and it's as though they are working along side me. Things get done so much faster! I also use their email support, especially when I need to keep a record of a long process in fixing something. Email is also nice when you can't be there to do it yourself with them in chat. It's nice to come back and find surprises where they have truly put some real work in to fixing something for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes really. It's just learning how to work with them. I've been with them for years and I honestly am as happy as can be. There have been times in the past when I was frustrated if I got different people and seemed to have to start over with explanations, but working with one person through email works for that, or just working through live chat with tiny fixes as you go. Before there was the live chat feature it was quite a bit slower and more difficult. But live chat makes all the difference. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are great to work with and are willing to login to your Wordpress back end or ftp to fix things. They are not there to build your site for you, but are a great support when you run against a snag or need something fixed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All kinds of problems including bringing old sites back that were not updated for 5 years that had multiple problems, to fixing fatal errors, to working with new themes and plugins, to adding html and tweaking appearance or function, to understanding how to use a plugin, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

I am on the trial plan, and have received exception support from their team with zero mentions of "trial plan" . The support team definitely knows what they are doing and do not toss you around like 'hey this is another department, will connect you there;.. this is amazing and started to feel home with them... hopefully my hosting experience will also say the same in my next review Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

to early to dislike anything, except 'dev' in their name :D thats personal, because dev kinda makes me feel like it is like a beta or something, well, there is nothing to dislike so far... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a all round solution to your wordpress development needs, this is the hosting you need to consider Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

basically, speed, security and under the hood support for wordpress... and looks like they are the only one's with all of it available... and of-course, ease of use for no techie users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fondateur
What do you like best?

The guys are amazing, they provide essential plugins and the support is absolutely amazing.

I've been a client since... 2011 or 2012, and it's no surprise several of their team members are still in the place, you can tell that it's a nice place to work in.

Plus, their CEO James Famer is also very good at understanding some mistakes he made and to adapt, he takes the time necessary to explain why the company does this or that, why it succeded, why it failed, and it's really helpful when you're a freelancer as I am to know better what you can expect from them for the future.

In a word, you can trust them: of course they do mistakes sometimes (but only scammers never do, and they are anything but scammers), but you can totally trust them and build long-time projects on them and with them.

By the way, I didn't receive any incentive to write that review. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They could improve the way their plugins play together, but they did a lot of improvements on that side too. So let's say making it even better, including performances. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate to ask their support to help you, they can really adapt to your level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Provide efficient websites to my customers. Main benefit: peace of mind.

The Hub is amazing too.

And I didn't have time to try a lot their hosting offer but this looks very very nice too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They gave me great support at 6:00am. I have never had hosting with 24/7 before, much less great support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I got cut off, but they got me back to the gentleman I had been working with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's not out of the box easy to deal with but you get more bang for your buck. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was working on DNS and couldn't work it out. Luis solved the problem for me and now my DNS is working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder - Faraday Media Limited
What do you like best?

WPMU DEV is simply the best service I have found online for a long time. their support guys are always at hand with expert advice which saves me so much time. I love their plugins but would have signed up for the support alone! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything I dislike. Nothing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me solve Wordpress issues, especially customisation of these ten. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Incredibly friendly support (give Luís Lopes a raise!), fantastic interface and plugins which are so incredibly easy and fun to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I didn't find it earlier. And also wish they did only hosting, or had a cheaper option for tiny websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Have had HUGE issues with my tiny site getting hacked and destroyed, and within less that a few hours these guys have helped me more than my current service providers have. Making it much more secure and fast plus moving hosting from my current service provider to these guys.

The plugins are so well design that even I can sort a lot of it myself, plus the support offered is and feels like actually talking to real humans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business & Product Development, Member Board Of Trustees
What do you like best?

We provide marketing and e-commerce services to clients. WPMU DEV has a $49 per month 24x7 technical support for hosting and any Wordpress related problems. On top of this, they provide a suite of tools. It is like having our own in-house tech support guy. If you use their hosting service, this support plan gives you $30 credit toward hosting. We are migrating from another hosting provider to WPMU DEV and already noticing that their Wordpress hosting performance is much better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have no complain at all _____________ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use WPMU DEV for technical support and hosting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fundador e Diretor
What do you like best?

I am hosting my site at WPMU DEV Hosting, and using their plugins. I am very satisfied and grateful for the quality of their hosting, plugins and support. Five stars, hands down.

Also, I am using WPMU DEV's plugins and not only are they high quality, but also their support is really great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this web host. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's worth every penny. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Best web hosting I have ever seen. Great plugins. Fantastic support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.