KeyCDN Reviews & Product Details

What is KeyCDN?

KeyCDN is a simple, fast & reliable Content Delivery Network with 25+ POPs strategicially located around the globe. KeyCDN offers the lowest price at $0.04/GB (every region), pay-as-you-go and many advanced features such as HTTP/2 Support, Free SSL, Instant Purging, a RESTful API, Real-time Analytics, Two-Factor Auth, and 24+ CMS integrations (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Magento, etc).

KeyCDN Screenshots

KeyCDN Reviews

1-50 of 69 total KeyCDN reviews

KeyCDN Reviews

1-50 of 69 total KeyCDN reviews

"Best CDN service with a very simple setup process."

What do you like best?

If you are looking for a way to increase the loading times of your website, CDN is the way to go. You can check out KeyCDN which is a really great choice when it comes to installation or setup or the subscription fees. You don't have to spend a lot of money for a good CDN service if you opt for KeyCDN.

I personally used KeyCDN and found no issue till date and would highly recommend it to all those who are looking for a CDN service for their website.

What really got my attention is How simple it is to setup a CDN and KeyCDN provides a very neat and clean dashboard and things are easy there.

PS: You can simply sign up for a Free trial where you can test out the dashboard and their services.

What do you dislike?

I didn't come across any issues till now.

You can improve your website speed times by a good margin.

Founder & CEO
Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Very bad service & rip-off!"

What do you like best?

Es mag ja sein das die gut sind, technisch, aber wenn man so mit seinen Kunden umspringt ist das eine absolute Frechheit! 30 tage geld zurück anbieten und dann das Geld nicht zurück bezahlen geht gar nicht!

What do you dislike?

Very bad service & rip-off! Germans are lured to a German-speaking side. You can test for 30 days, you think, but you have to deposit money first, at least 50 USD. So transferred. Unfortunately, we are not satisfied with the performance, so after not even 24 hours expressed the desire to get the money back. NO REFUND POSSIBLE, is somewhere small in the English FAQ's. Thus, the 50 USD are gone, for NOTHING !!! Absolute impudence. That's not what happened to me here !!

Ganz schlechter Service & Abzocke! Deutsche werden auf eine deutschsprachige Seite gelockt. Man kann 30 Tage testen, denkt man, aber man muss erst Geld einzahlen, mindestens 50 USD. Also überwiesen. Leider sind wir mit der Leistung nicht zufrieden, also nach noch nicht einmal 24 Stunden den Wunsch geäussert das Geld zurück zu erhalten. KEINE ERSTATTUNG MÖGLICH, steht irgendwo klein in den englischen FAQ`s. Somit sind die 50 USD weg, für NICHTS!!! Absolute Frechheit. Sowas ist mir nich hier passiert!!

3 Tage Geld zurück Versprechen und man erhält nach 24 Stunden GAR NICHTS ZURÜCK! Abzocke! 50 USD weg. Für nichts!!!

"Have used KeyCDN for over 2 years now…Highly recommended!"

What do you like best?

Definitely the user CP. Easy, intuitive. Have used KeyCDN for over 2 years now and if you're looking for a reliable CDN then I would really recommend them. We've never had a single issue with either them, the service they provide nor the control panel which is really intuitive - especially in comparison to other CDN providers, whose CP's can be overwhelming.

We have 2 zones, a push and pull config which was extremely easy to set up and was working within minutes.

The credit system/pricing is much more affordable than other big CDN providers out there too.

We highly recommend them as your CDN provider on your site.

What do you dislike?

Truthfully, there's nothing I do dislike. Never had a single issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have recommended two other sites to the service. One I know definitely signed up.

They help us managed an easy and affordable CDN for our site.

Consultor de Marketing Digital

"Great CDN Service for the best price!"

What do you like best?

The speed and POPs are great for any website. The princing is really affordable for any budget and the setup process is really fast with the plugins for CMS. Also the CNAME setup is really clear and easy to follow.

They also support let's encrypt certificates for the setup so you can use a custom SSL for your CDN zones.

What do you dislike?

The minimum amount for the credits should be lower, because some of us have clients that don't use much bandwitdh as others and we don't require to pay that much each year.

Maybe if they had video guides about the process, could be much simplier and easier for a user to initiate with KeyCDN.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great pricing and up to 5 websites per the initial credit payment. Also the automatic payments help to keep the account running without issues. Great choice compared to other providers and is cheaper.

The plugins for Wordpress made by KeyCDN make the process a lot easier and faster, also because they're mantained by KeyCDN are updated regularly and that is the best to keep a website secure.

Speed and browsing response are key factors for any website owner, and my clients are happy with the service provided with their website development that includes KeyCDN as a must in each website.

Also the availability of the content is higher and response times are faster for any visitor. Right now high availability and faster response time is the key to a great website and search engine optimization.

Head of Technology

"KeyCDN = Fast, easy to setup, integrates with with CMS/Frameworks/caching tools and quick support"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup and integrate with my framework and caching tools. Great how you can add free SSL's to your custom CDN subdomains. Once setup its all automatic.

What do you dislike?

Yearly recharge required but all CDN tools have this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Free trail will be more than enough time to get setup and the support team will answer your questions. Works seamlessly with caching tools. Customise the domains to link to your own (so create CNAME records, this will look more processional). KeyCDN serves both modern servers and old servers so you may not need to enable all options if you're on a modern server.

Start with the minimum credit amount so you can predict how much you really need to spend.

Lets your load files, images and data much faster than your own web servers so you save hosting costs and can deliver content with great speeds.

Growth Hacker

"Low prices, awesome included features (SSL, HTTP2, etc.), great performance"

What do you like best?

There are several features which I love about KeyCDN:

- Great documentation, I never had to contact their support team

- Easy to integrate with WordPress ( Thank you CDN Enabler)

- Free SSL Certificate (Let's Encrypt) and HTTP2

- Awesome dashboard, analytics, and real-time stats

- Zonealiases (to use your own subdomain as CDN URL)

- Low prices

What do you dislike?

I understand why credits need to be renewed, but the minimum deposit may be a bit much for smaller websites

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take their free trial, that's how I discovered how good it is and why I need it (by measuring website loading times).

I've increased loading speed on all websites where I'm using it, and I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for it.

I'm also using their WordPress caching plugin (Cache Enabler), that has also been of great help.

Network Engineer

"Best CDN for HTTP Video Streaming"

What do you like best?

I was looking for a CDN provider that can deliver our HLS Video streaming when I came across KeyCDNs knowledge base about publishing an HTTP Live Stream https://www.keycdn.com/support/publishing-an-http-live-stream. It was the exact solution that we were looking for optimizing our company HTTP Live Stream.

Configuring the HTTP Live stream on KeyCDN was very easy. We just follow the instruction on their knowledge base and we are streaming in no time.

They also have an advance feature for optimizing the HLS traffic.

What do you dislike?

For now we didn’t encounter any issue with their service.

We choose KeyCDN for helping us optimizing and publishing our HTTP Live Stream

Development and Integration Technical Lead

"First experience with a Cdn provider "

What do you like best?

As I am developing my business of web apps, I could not pass on a Cdn. After trying Cdn77, cloudflare or other well-known providers, KeyCdn stood out because of the simplicity of use, the performance delivered and the affordable pricing.

I'm going to keep using it for the short ĺand long term.

What do you dislike?

So far, I wished that the credits could be valid for longer than one year. But I guess that is how they do it. And they will surprise you if you ask I'm sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend KeyCdn for its simplicity, performance and low budget.

I'm improving my web applications performance by using a Cdn to deliver static content. I managed to rank high on Google page speed test and have a grade A on pingdom tools.

System Administrator

"Great CDN at affordable price"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use and a lot of resources are available in their knowledgebase. The speed test result after implementing KeyCDN is significantly improved.

What do you dislike?

Minimum credit topup is a bit high at $50 for low usage but is one of the cheapest compared to other provider so not so much of a disadvantage.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Affordable yet excellent CDN service, KeyCDN is definitely one of the best choice when it comes to CDN.

My website speed test has improved significantly after using KeyCDN's service.

Director
(Myself Only)

"A very capable CDN with an affordable price tag."

What do you like best?

It goes without saying that adding a CDN improves the overall performance of a website but unfortunately, many providers are quite expensive (especially for small businesses like us). KeyCDN provides excellent value for money that's hard to argue.

What do you dislike?

I like the credit system they use but wish that it wouldn't have an expiry on them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I haven't had any problems with KeyCDN and I would recommend KeyCDN to anyone who are wanting to start out with CDN services.

If your website doesn't load under 3 seconds (or faster), chances are that a visitor or potential customer has already moved on. This is especially crucial for an IT company that wants to create a good first impression. We primarily use KeyCDN to ensure that our sites load quickly for visitors/potential clients.

"Key CDN is the best CDN out there "

What do you like best?

KeyCDN really covers all aspects of features I am looking for in a CDN provider, such as:

*very affordable

*easy to set up

*fantastic support

*lots of CDN nodes

*zero down time so far

What do you dislike?

nothing to dislike really. maybe add some more nodes? Would be awesome to have a node in Bangkok. But the one you have in Singapore is just fine also.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

nill

The main purpose of this CDN is to make our website and our client's websites and files load faster. Also it helps to reduce the load on the servers.

Founder
Environmental Services

"Great value CDN with free custom SSL (let'sencrypt), HTTP2, and good documentation"

What do you like best?

*Features: HTTP2 support... Free custom SSL (let'sencrypt support)... Wordpress integration plugin... Prepay system allows control over spend.

*Security: Two-factor authentication... hotlink protection.

*Documentation: Good documentation as well as regular newsletters with tips and tricks about how to implement CDN features as well as articles of use to website administrators. Very helpful knowledge base with a good getting started guide for those new to CDNs.

*Price: I've found this to be really great value over the past year compared to other CDN providers that I've researched.

*Payment options: Ability to pay with Paypal.

*Dashboard: Clean, clear information provided in the dashboard (usage etc).

*Support: The few times I've needed to contact the support team, they've been quick to respond with thoughtful and helpful answers.

What do you dislike?

The 5 zone limit (although I understand you can pay extra for extra zones), although the limit hasn't affected our site so far as we don't need more than 5. It is something to be aware of if you need more than 5.

Prepay credits expire after 1 year. Having an expiry is understandable, but for websites with little traffic it is good to be aware that you might not be able to use up the credit within the year. It would be great to have a system where credits rollover if you top up your account before expiry. Having said that, it's still good value with the minimum topup since you get all of the features that some other providers charge a lot for (custom SSL, etc).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to check out the knowledge base on the KeyCDN site if you are new to CDNs and need to learn about how the various features work. I found it very useful to learn about CDNs generally. Also, their newsletter is one of my favourites to read since they include information of relevance to website administrators, so be sure to subscribe to that too. Also, just be aware of the minimum topup amounts, credit expiry rules, and zone limits (as explained earlier) so you aren't surprised later on.

If you're comparing CDN providers, I found it helpful when I was comparing providers to check for what I consider 'hidden fees' for custom SSL certificates, and essential features such as HTTP2. For me, KeyCDN was an easy choice since I didn't need to pay extra for these (thanks let'sencrypt!).

The implementation of a CDN for our site was done to solve the problem of variable page-load speeds depending on where in the world the visitor was browsing from. Implementing KeyCDN has helped reduce the pageload time for the site generally. As well, I've since come to learn the other benefits of a KeyCDN, namely, reduced load on the origin server, usage analytics, hotlink protection, and so on.

The problem when looking to implement a CDN was that some of the other providers I looked at were charging exorbitant fees for something like a custom SSL certificate, or they didn't have features like HTTP2. KeyCDN has provided a really great benefit to our site in terms of performance, price, features, and support (including documentation and understanding the technical side to a CDN implementation).

"Great CDN Provider at an Affordable Price"

What do you like best?

The ability to fine tune the configuration of each zone to a specific business goal. The robust set of features available at no extra cost such as: HTTP2, Custom SSL, GZip Compression, HLS optimisation. Quick addition of latest technologies such as the Brotli compression algorithm.

What do you dislike?

The service comes with plenty of advantages. The only potential downside is if you plan on having a large number of websites then you might hit the five zone limit pretty quickly (extra zones are charged at $1 per month).

Content Delivery Networks are now essential in a world full of digital media. As more and more users demand faster internet sites, implementing KeyCDN across all of our website allowed us to satisfy the needs of our users.

Videographer
Photography

"KeyCDN - The affordable and powerful delivery network"

What do you like best?

- I fancy keycdn more over the competitors especially because they allow you the flexibility to use however much traffic you like and you pay for what you use. It's very fair logic, you get visitors you pay.

- Good worpdress integration documentation and general knowledgebase articles

- Blazing fast speeds

- Ability to map your cdn servers to your domain cname (eg: cdn.yourdomain.com)

- Very fast support replies via email

What do you dislike?

- Maybe the minimum credit buyiN should be a little lower, if this will happen I don't see how the competitors would keep up with KeyCDN

Delivering my woocommerce shop files via keycdn network for faster deliverability.

Business Developer

"Best CDN Service in Europe "

What do you like best?

Expanding the network in Europe and my website load fast enough in EU and EEA Regions

What do you dislike?

Not really thinks to have to dislike about the key CDN in my case all going very well

Recommendations to others considering the product:

yes definitely highly recommend to other it best and affordable CDN service

my website was load take time after signing up the keycdn service my website is a boost and page loads really faster

AI

"Fast and easy!"

What do you like best?

I love how quick and simple it was to setup an account and enable CDN for my client websites. They have a huge library of documentation that made it super easy to understand. On top of that, their support team was quick to respond when I needed help setting up my SSL. Free SSL certificates saved me a lot money.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I found to dislike about KeyCDN.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the free trial to compare speed metrics. You'll see all the benefits! If you're looking to keep your SSL expenses low, this is a great way to go.

We were running a few slow websites with large images. KeyCDN helped improve our page speed and helped us optimize our images by converting the format to Webp.

"Excellent service"

What do you like best?

Wer were looking for a CDN provider to speed up our website and improve the overall performance of our site. As a rather small business most providers were too expensive for us. KeyCDN is not only very affordable but also offers an amazing service. What I also love about KeyCDN was how easy and quick it was to set up an account and enable KeyCDN on our site. Excellent support. Excellent service.

What do you dislike?

We have been super happy with KeyCDN ...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent service, support and quality of product.

Our main goal was to speed up our website and improve the overall performance of the site.

"Great company and fast service"

What do you like best?

KeyCDN offers many cutting-edge features that do not cost any extra such as HTTP/2, Brotli support, origin shield, etc. They also have a lot of great documentation on their knowledgebase site and provide lots of insight into performance improvement tips on their blog site.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike about the service. Fast support, fast CDN, and an affordable price. One thing that users with a lot of websites should be aware of though is that there is an additional charge of $1/zone/month once you start using over 5 zones.

I'm now able to accelerate my site globally. As my site has visitors from all around the world, I was receiving complaints from time to time that the site was slow before implementing KeyCDN. Now I'm able to deliver my static files much faster no visitors no matter where they are.

RC Ghosh Group of Companies
Capital Markets
(10,001+ employees)

"KeyCDN is really a good CDN service supporting HSTS, HTTP/2"

What do you like best?

They have all possible practical features for the HTTP/2 HSTS websites.

Easy usage of SFTP software, rsync.

Logs.

What do you dislike?

One time upfront payment. They possibly need a pay as you go plan.

Lack of own anycast network.

Limit of 5 zones.

Raw log not available to block from server side with own rules.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Any level of user can use KeyCDN from desktop, using their web GUI, from SSH, via front end, backend web softwares. As I said -- we had to migrate from host to host, it was not easy with lot of websites, business specific things, huge data.

We have multiple accounts. For public usage, one can check my technology blog https://thecustomizewindows.com on webpagetest. Our that website needed a faster CDN. We used all possible CDN over past 5 years.

Chief Retoucher
Photography

"The best CDN service"

What do you like best?

Great prices, Simple Dashboard, Helpful and fast support

I also love Zonealiases (use your own subdomain as CDN URL).

What do you dislike?

Maybe the minimum credit purchase should be a little lower ( now 49 USD).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nowadays having a slow website is a business killer, you must help your business by making it available fast to anyone in the world.

If you want to increase the availability of your content and help boost your search engine rankings, KeyCDN is a must.

AF

"Site performance really enhanced!"

What do you like best?

I was having major issues with my loading time on my website, until I started using KeyCDN! Now my site is lightening fast. I have a lot of images on my site so I really needed something good and I would highly recommend them!

I also like that I was able to do a free trial first to make sure I wanted to pay for a subscription.

What do you dislike?

No problems as of yet. Have been happy with the product so far!

Very slow site bogged down my lots of images. Much faster loading times now!

Internet Technology for Business
Internet

"My CDN choice after much research"

What do you like best?

I could state all the obvious benefits like pricing and support but I'm going to go a different direction. I really like their blog articles. They're very useful and informative. It shows they know what's going on.

What do you dislike?

The minimum order point is a little high if you don't have a lot of traffic but it's still only $49.

I use KeyCDN to speed up delivery of js and css assets for an e-comm shopping cart solution.

Analista de Sistemas
Program Development

"Content Delivery At a Great Price"

What do you like best?

KCDN may look like a brand new cdn service, but talking from experience it's a really good one. It offers some of the major features you would need from a cdn and the pricing is simple and let's you save money on by not paying for things you won't use (unlike maxcdn). It has a very neat user interface and dead simple zone editing.

What do you dislike?

For very small projects the trial may be a little short. So we prefer cloudflare in this case.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use to the trail to test the features you need most, i assure you that you will love it once you see how easy it is to get started.

Content delivery, caching and ddos protection. Easy dns zone managing and easy to use user interface.

Web Designer
Internet
(Myself Only)

"Great affordable CDN for all sizes of website traffic"

What do you like best?

I found keycdn after using Maxcdn for a couple years. I was pleasantly surprised that everything I had enjoyed at Maxcdn was available at Keycdn for half the price. It has been a pleasant experience switching to them.

What do you dislike?

I dont have any complaints. The website admin area is well laid out and easy to use.

I have managed to speed up the load time of my websites, even those on budget hosting options buy offloading CSS,JS, and images to KeyCDN.

Ing
(Myself Only)

"Reliable, safe and fast"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and to configure.

Speeds up my web-site. What else you could need? :-)

What do you dislike?

Credits expire after a year, so keep an eye on that

My clients from all over the world don't complain about a slooooooow web-site anymore

CI

"Warning Your credits will expire!"

What do you like best?

I've found this a pretty good product and was using it for some products, especially their usage based pricing model seemed to be exactly what I was looking for.

What do you dislike?

There is a hidden clause that credits do expire - In my case a significant amount of credits did expire and as I did have a credit card on file, which they immediately charged with a significant amount of new credits, immediately after the old ones expired.

I know I should have read their terms better, but even though I contacted them the day the charged my credit card they were absolutely unhelpful in resolving this matter. Even though none of the newly charged credits have been used so far. So now they do have some money from me again, which is set to expire ...

I sincerely regret having recommended this company to friends before ...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be aware that your credits will expire and the support isn't very helpful (no matter if your question is technical or business related) - apart from that it's a great product.

The free SSL is great

CEO / Volunteer

"Just an average CDN provider"

What do you like best?

Was using a trial account with them for a month. Experience wasn't that delighted to mention. Guess they offered and has many incredible features and because of their poor documentation they couldn't bring that on spotlight. Honestly they has more feature then most of in the market. And those features focused on DNS management most. Price was reasonable but depends on usage, this is not very pleasant for enterprise websites. Whoever wants to have total control over their DNS zones, this service will be the best.

What do you dislike?

Poor documentation and not very beginner friendly. Zone changing takes more time then others.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a pro with DNS management and love to play with API mechanism. KeyCDN will be the best for you.

Product Manager and Designer

"great support, no complaint!"

What do you like best?

support is very good and reply time is very fast

What do you dislike?

Not being a developer I would like to receive more support on doing things for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You must have some knowledge on how to setup the CDN yourself, since they do not offer this service.

reaching better new countries

(Myself Only)

"Blazing fast performance and helpful support team"

What do you like best?

The performance and customer support is phenomenal .

What do you dislike?

There is no PoP in Colorado or New York.

Helps me improve the performance of my blog worldwide. I never realized how slow my website used to be for visitors outside of my country. Since adding KeyCDN my website is much faster for my visitors.

"Fantastic service!"

What do you like best?

It was extremely easy to set up and the response time in support is also great.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. I would absolutely love some tutorials to optimize the website further.

The speed of the website especially considering it's image heavy.

"Experiencia muy positiva"

What do you like best?

Rapidez en el intercambio de archivos y fiabilidad.

What do you dislike?

Nada, me parece un programa necesario en cualquier empresa

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Me parece un servicio muy interesante y productivo.,Todas las páginas web deberían de tener instalado en su servidor. Servicio de soporte inmejorable.

Acelerar el cache en mi pagina e-comerce