iQ media Reviews & Product Details

What is iQ media?

With unprecedented data and research functionality, iQ media equips every marketer, public relations, advertising and broadcast media professional with better data and deeper analysis for smarter media intelligence that goes beyond simple media monitoring. We overlay each of your most important KPIs in one simple visualization, and sync that data directly with the exact moments your brand is seen or heard on every screen. The software is designed to better measure share of voice and ROI of media investments. iQ media software is able to effectively analyze brand sponsorship in a way no other vendor has been able to do before. The software is both intuitive and easy-to-use. Our customers can see a longitudinal pattern spanning back as far as 2010. They have constant access to their own data, which is retrievable within seconds. We capture, index and make searchable over 15 hours of live television content every minute—whether speech, video or brand images—in real-time from over 1,000 cable networks and broadcast television stations across 210 U.S. DMAs, Canada, the U.K., Europe and Latin America. The transformed video content and associated data is integrated with Twitter, audience data, website activity and first-party data such as sales, to provide brands and programmers with a holistic view of audience engagement.

iQ media Profile Details

1-22 of 22 total iQ media reviews
Technical Support at Student Computing Services
Higher Education

"iQ Media "

What do you like best?

I liked how detailed the results were, and how much data it provided. We were able to do search results on our client and all of its competitors, and see exactly how many articles it was mentioned in, how many times per article, what outlet it was featured on, how many hits it got, and the media value of the article/outlet.

What do you dislike?

I did not like how it could sometimes be broad, and it didn't explicitly tell you how to narrow down your results. For example, I searched for one of our clients named Albert, a technology company, and when I first searched, I had over a million results and most related to Albert Einstein, which was obviously not very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend using iQ Media if you want to find data and statistics about an online platform or outlet, with specific measurements on your client or keyword.

We solved problems relating to giving our clients data about how much they are getting out of our work. We get our clients a lot of press, and iQ media allowed us to specifically and explicitly show our clients just how much and how often their name is getting seen by the public on the outlets we get them on.

Global Insights Intern
Entertainment
(5001-10,000 employees)

"I use it to find news stories where my company has been mentioned."

What do you like best?

The best feature of iQ media is its wide data base. No matter how old or recent the clip is or how big or small the broadcaster is, I have almost always found what I was looking for. Sure, there have been a few instances when I haven't been able to find a certain clip but overall its a great database. It is also fairly early to use. i had thought editing a clip would be hard but it is super easy and quick.

What do you dislike?

Search options could be simplified. You need to search in a certain way using ", someone who is new to it might not be able to figure this out on their own. Sometimes it is difficult to find clips even though they have been on air. And lastly, the way the website looks is a little jaded, it feels old. It can also be really slow sometimes, I don't think it was my internet connection because other websites used to work just fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will be really useful if you are keeping a track of all your media mentions (TV). They have clips from almost every channel, show and network. However, the website might not feel fancy like most websites do nowadays.

Finding our media mentions and easily keeping a track of all our media coverage. I could easily find whatever news story I was looking for, clip it and email it at the same time. I especially appreciate the feature which lets you email the edited clip instead of making the user download it.

(10,001+ employees)

"iQ media gives you exactly what you need"

What do you like best?

The ability to use different mediums (social engagement, tv advertisements, grass roots campaigns) to track engagement of our various campaigns and the ability to measure up against other companies.

What do you dislike?

I find it difficult to navigate through much of the data/analysis section, but once I figured out where I wanted to go, I just bookmarked that very link.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be very clear when pulling your data about what you want so that you don't get bogged down in the things that you don't need. There's a LOT of data available.

We are boosting posts in various places and sending out postcards at the same time, but we were never really sure who was seeing our messages if anyone, and if they were actually reaching the audience we wanted to. We were able to narrow down the very place that every one was coming to and focus more campaigns on which one had the most reach.

"IQ Media Review"

What do you like best?

I like how they have the capability to send me streamlined reports every morning with TV, print, online, blog and social media coverage. I also like how it gives me direct links to see the story and the impressions and publicity values.

What do you dislike?

Coverage has to be in the markets so if it's not then we miss coverage.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Customer service will really help you with your needs and replies very fast.

The business problems we're solving with IQ media is showing results for our hard work pitching media. It's also hard for just one person to organically search for coverage every day so IQ helps put everything into one place.

Social Media Specialist
Information Services
(Myself Only)

"Great Media Platform"

What do you like best?

It helps in finding our competitors and help to do search results on our clients. It helps getting reports in social engagements and running ads campaign and increase customers.

Searching some specific media is very easy.

What do you dislike?

Layout is difficult to understand and use for the first time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend to use the product and you will surely glad by the services and results.

It helped me in press release, and social media monitoring.

"Good Media Monitoring Platform"

What do you like best?

A large selection of markets and channels. Gives you the CC and ratings numbers conveniently placed on the left side. Searching for something specific is also really easy.

What do you dislike?

Slow navigation through the shows. Making everything flash based is annoying when the page crashes and you have to research. Cutting clips and retrieving them is also inconvenient.

When I need to search something in various markets quickly, I usually turn to IQ

Photographer
Media Production

"Strong analytical data"

What do you like best?

The program is simplistic and easy to read all of the information of your choosing.

What do you dislike?

The program can be slow, delayed, or not displaying the most current information. While what it shows is still relevant, it’s not always up to date.

I’m able to solve when to share information and how to do it. We benefit by having a larger audience.

UG

"Great customer service! "

What do you like best?

Truly customer focused and not pushy about always trying to upsell you on other features. Contact was straight forward which was appreciated.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I am happy so far with the service. One thing I would like is to be able to customize the look of my alerts more.

Immediate access to news coverage. Ability to send press releases to targeted audiences.

CP

"Takes Awhile To Get Use To"

What do you like best?

There is endless stuff to find on iQ media. But that is about it. For example; you can find hits from all the different news networks. You can also find stuff from cable shows as well. If you want something from TNT its there.

What do you dislike?

The overall look and feel of the site. Outdated and its very hard to comprehend and use. The site looks like it hasn't been update or given a new looks since it was launched.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think IQ media is good to use for its content but will take some time to navigate and to understand how to use.

We are trying to improve media and its relationships with political leaders and organizations.

"Glad we switched to this emerging, innovative company for media intelligence"

What do you like best?

I was so excited when we switched from our previous media monitoring vendor to iQ media. iQ media told us that their product focuses on media intelligence vs just simply media monitoring and they were not kidding. This software allows me to go back further in time. I get instant access to the media content from the exact date and time that I need it from.

The reports are beautiful. I can share them as is to the executive team and with our customers. Not only does iQ Media help my company better analyze media, social media, broadcast spend, brand sponsorship, etc. - it also helps us show our clients that we are successfully getting their content and brand the coverage they demand.

I found the previous vendor (Cision) we worked spent more time telling us how much better their product was, than demonstrating that this was true.

The account team is always available when we have a question, the software runs seamlessly and it was the best decision my company made when they switched to iQ Media

What do you dislike?

I am mad that my company didn't find iQ Media before we started working with Cision. iQ media cares more about their customers and gives us individual attention with a more intelligent and intuitive solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely do your research and see a demo. You will be able to see for yourself how much better the iQ Media platform is. The staff are incredible responsive and helpful.

We are better able to demonstrate ROI for our customers and correlate share of voice back to their investment. We have more flexibility with iQ media software.

Intern
Higher Education

"Highly Recommended"

What do you like best?

Provides data for various industries to analyze and to find the potential pool. Good customer support.

What do you dislike?

Expensive to buy and sometimes you may not find the results satisfactory.

I use it for marketing purpose.

Associate, Paid Social

"Pretty good"

What do you like best?

Love the set up and work flow, makes tracking my media so easy

What do you dislike?

Took a lot of training to fully onboard my team and myself

Trckjng paid and earned media across local markets

"Awesome Platform For Measuring Media Impact"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed that you were able to track your brand, demographics, and media type. The ability to see all of those variables on one screen is extremely valuable.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the sponsorship measurement tool. I didn't feel as though it met my needs.

I've used it to help me track my branding. What I've realized is how different my brand was actually measuring versus how I thought it was doing. IQ Media opened my eyes to the areas I needed to improve on.

Producer
Motion Pictures and Film

"Optimization of my marketing campaign "

What do you like best?

Fast response. Those guys definitely know what the do

What do you dislike?

They agreed to work within our budget but I think they slightly overpriced

They optimized budget of my advertising and marketing campaigns

"Basics for monitoring coverage"

What do you like best?

A few features are really helpful in PR, share of voice and competitors comparatives for example give a broad image of the state of a company in the news. Usually used for tracking coverage and monthly/quarterly reporting

What do you dislike?

Not being able to compare the same company as a trend over time in the same graphic

General view of coverage for reports

Owner/Operator
Public Relations and Communications

"My thoughts on IQ media"

What do you like best?

Its thorough, easy to use, helps produce results

What do you dislike?

Nothing,its a great product for those in PR

Press release distribution, press release info

"IQ Media"

What do you like best?

I have utilized IQ Media as a clipping service for media. I love that they provided me with breakdown of coverage from summary to impressions.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that at this moment I dislike anything of the service. IQ Media has met my standards for what I needed out of the service.

Benefits I'm realizing is now I have less emphasis on my own google searches knowing IQ Media captures majority of coverage.

"True self-service"

What do you like best?

Iq media completely empowers me to grab all the data and build the reports I need. Interface is completely user friendly but when I need to reach out to them, their customer service is awesome.

What do you dislike?

Tv stations are spotty and sometimes there is missing content

Proving ROI on pr efforts, producing clean reports to give to my superiors

"IQ Media"

What do you like best?

IQ media is an immediate tool in a crisis. It helps us quickly identify the scope or potential scope of an issue.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve was difficult at first. I had to attend a few sessions to get the hang of it.

It's very helpful for collecting data over time and for tracking improvement or change.

UL

"IQ Media"

What do you like best?

Very comprehensive product, great archives to find whatever I am looking for.

What do you dislike?

Layout can be a bit confusing-- I only ever really use one search tab.

Media monitoring, archival research

UE

"Get the Results You Really Need"

What do you like best?

Clearly seeing our PR efforts' impact is great.

What do you dislike?

Was a bit confusing to navigate initially.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None

PR bottom line, paid media ads

"iQ Media Review"

What do you like best?

The links and information for clients and their industries

What do you dislike?

Didn't find it as helpful as other monitoring tools

Finding media placements

7.8
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.1*
* Media Monitoring Category
Do you work for iQ media?

iQ media Categories on G2