Inventory

3.8

Inventory helps to manage IT, basic and Advanced network inventory management, a track of the hardware and the and shows who has access to.

Work for Inventory?

Learning about Inventory?

Inventory Reviews

Showing 12 Inventory reviews
Inventory review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Great free software"

What do you like best?

Works with or without an agent. Scans on many different protocols and ports to discover most of the information that you would need for a device automatically. When you feed it login credentials, it gets even more information about the devices, especially for Windows. I like that if you feed it SNMP info for a switch, each device lists the switch port it is connected to. It's also nice that you can manually enter devices, or manually edit existing devices. Keeps track of warranty information for some devices such as Dell and HP.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes devices fail to scan. A mac remote agent would be a nice addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software, especially considering it is free.

Keeping track of inventory

Keeping track of inventory cost and devaluation for accounting

Tracking inventory assigned to users

Tracking operating systems and software on computers

Tracking available disk space on computers and notifying if it

Track toner level on some models/brands of printers and get notifications when it is low

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Inventory
Inventory review by User

"Lots of features and power for a very affordable price, FREE!"

What do you like best?

Spiceworks Inventory is the best free tool I have ever used. It has so many useful features and gathers all of the hardware and software inventory for every device on my network and gives me the ability run reports from that data. If you don't like the standard reports, there are plenty to download or you can create your own. Amazing!

What do you dislike?

As with any software there are functions that I wish were faster or easier, but Spiceworks is great and tracking my inventory and licenses as well as keeping up with all newly installed software or patches or new devices on the network. It takes some effort to get all of the devices to a point where Spiceworks can inventory them, but with a little maintenance it works like a charm.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you will love it.

Spiceworks maintains our Software and Hardware inventory and maintains our Software Licenses. I check it often for any new devices or software on the network.

What Network Monitoring solution do you use?

Inventory review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Pretty darn good."

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to log and keep track of all our inventory, it is really easy to use. I’m not computer savvy but I can use inventory without blowing the internet up. Lol! But seriously it is a great asset and it will help put ur mind at ease knowing your inventory won’t be the problem u have to deal with in the morning cause this does it all.

What do you dislike?

I would really like to be able to add pictures to my inventory log. That way I can just scroll through the list while seeing everything through a actual picture of the piece and not just words saying the name of what it is. Also the price could be a little cheaper but that could be just me cause I’m a cheapskate. Lol! Besides that I can’t say that I have any issues.

I know exactly what I have and how much I have. As far as benifits, I don’t have to wonder if I still have something in stock because it tells me when My inventory is getting low or completely out of something.

Inventory review by Administrator

"Inventory and Asset Management that fits your needs... FOR FREE!"

What do you like best?

Inventory is a great product that can give you a complete view of the networks based on network scans. It can integrate with active directory and create groups of similar products. It makes it easy to run reports to get as much detail as needed or just a quick visual glance from using charts. It has functions that lets you know when devices need attention or have alerts and it can also integrate with email to send automated notifications based on your own customization.

What do you dislike?

While Inventory has a lot of features and is an amazing product, it tends to be slower for larger environments even while having multiple collection agents in different buildings. This is mainly due to the limitations of the SQLite software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Inventory is best for small to medium sized environments where devices are 1000+ or less. It can be used with larger environments by deploying remote collectors but since the main database is built upon SQLite, you might run into slowness issues.

With Inventory, we were able to get a complete view of our current network and the types of devices in it. We use the reports section to get any info we want in a nice format or in a chart for ease of viewing.

Inventory review by Scott R.
Scott R.

"Great resource for scanning and locating new network devices"

What do you like best?

Spiceworks IP Scanner is very easy to install and run network scans to search for new devices. The fact that it is a cloud based scanner works great for our company with multiple offices.

What do you dislike?

The IP scanner doesn't seem to support smart devices/ internet of things right out of the box. Thankfully the spiceworks community is very helpful.

It's allowed us to scan our system and catalogue our IT inventory. We didn't have a system in place for this previously.

Inventory review by Josiane T.
Josiane T.

"inventory review"

What do you like best?

program is really simple and user friendly. really easy to keep track of materials that have been ordered or need to be re stocked. i can provide reminders if you create a re order schedule. overall great program.

What do you dislike?

there’s nothing to dislike - the program does what it is supposed to do and works without any problems in my experience.

maintaining and keeping track of inventory

Inventory review by Haydn M.
Haydn M.

"Good free product"

What do you like best?

Very good product if you are looking for a cheap solution. Can't keep up with the premium products but that is to be expected

What do you dislike?

Can be clunky at times but to be expected from a free product

Greater visibility of inventory

Inventory review by Administrator in Investment Management
Administrator in Investment Management

"Great product for small businesses on budget"

What do you like best?

Does a really great job capturing information on devices on the network, free

What do you dislike?

the interface should be a bit more user friendly

centralized management for inventory, also lets me know when new devices join the network. a huge plus is the alerts features that you can enable, for example, you can enable alerts to let you know when your printers (networked) toner's are 10% ink left.

Inventory review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Good Start but Room for Improvement"

What do you like best?

It gets me the data that I'm looking for and the price is good.

What do you dislike?

The ad supported concept used by this product just doesn't work for me. In today's age, I have no idea where the data is really going back to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check around, many other products already have inventory capabilities.

Just want to get a reliable report on what I have.

"spiceworks inventory"

What do you like best?

able to see what is on our network and see lots of detail about each item, constant scanning our AD also

What do you dislike?

sometimes it duplicates items or leaves old pc's in the inventory and doesnt remove them when AD is adjusted

inventory of our system, we are able to see lots of detail on each pc and server

"Spiceworks inventory"

What do you like best?

Keeps our inventory up to date and shows us what we have on our network with all the relevant information and data also

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it will keep old devices on inventory when we have removed them from AD

Getting data on devices on our network

Inventory review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Spiceworks Inventory"

What do you like best?

We really like the ability to find devices on our network, how well and fast it scans, it really does a great job

What do you dislike?

Sometimes It does duplicate entries or leaves them there from AD

Able to inventory and run reports against results on devices in our system

Learning about Inventory?

* We monitor all Inventory reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.