IBM Security Guardium

4.0

IBM Security® Guardium® helps ensure the security, privacy and integrity of your critical data across a full range of environments, from databases to big data, cloud, file systems and more.

Work for IBM Security Guardium?

Learning about IBM Security Guardium?

IBM Security Guardium Reviews

Ask IBM Security Guardium a Question
Showing 15 IBM Security Guardium reviews
IBM Security Guardium review by Allyson Y.
Allyson Y.

"IBM Security For IT "

What do you like best?

IBM Security Guardian helped to secure my privacy, and integrity of my data and information that proved to be the most critical for my working environment. It was very versatile in the areas that it could support. Mainly I used it for file systems and databases and it worked equally well across both environments.

What do you dislike?

Although IBM's purpose is to protect sensitive data and to minimize risk, which it did, I had a difficult time setting the system up in order for it to analyze my data risk. It was a complicated process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a specialist set up the system.

The data security that it now offers my company protects my databases and helps to analyze what is happening in my systems. Data security is our top priority and it helps to shield sensitive data from external and internal factors.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about IBM Security Guardium
IBM Security Guardium review by Executive Sponsor in Market Research
Executive Sponsor in Market Research

"Awesome security !"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of this experience was the easy of the entire program. It made it easy to understand and move around. I was able to feel comfortable to show others in the company the ways around the system. I got many positive reviews back

What do you dislike?

It was time consuming to start up the process. I did not understand all the initial questions that were being asked. After I talked to someone from the company I was able to understand what was needed to continue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes i would recommend it! Make sure you take the time to learn the program inside and out. Once you start to understand what is going on, your life becomes alot easier. It has been the best blessing altogether!

We are solving the ability to maintain a certain ability to stay safe within the system. Being able to use it throughout the entire company helps us feel secure.

What Data-Centric Security solution do you use?

IBM Security Guardium review by User

"IBM Security Guardium"

What do you like best?

I like the security aspect and updated data information that can be used across platforms. I also like that since we don't use apple computers, it's an easier interface. IBM has a reputable name, so I trust it as well.

What do you dislike?

I enjoy IBM but I do feel as though they don't keep up with the times as far as media updates, latest up to date quarter, trends, etc. I wish they were a little more modern in their networking and interface. I wish more companies were using the program, so that we could also consult with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check with your computers, interface, other programs that you are using to make sure they are user friendly. I would also go check different consumer reviews and also the pricing. If there is a trial period, and also the jump in cost after the initial development period. That was one thing that I wish we looked at prior.

Solving interface and data security breaches, we've realized the benefits of having the security that we haven't had before so it's a nice ease of mind. Now a days with all the security breaches, it's important to know we have that peace of mind.

IBM Security Guardium review by Sarah  W.
Sarah W.

"User friendly and easy to set up"

What do you like best?

There were some specific requirements that we needed security for at my place of business and guardium was able to be modified and set up to meet them

What do you dislike?

It is a little clunky for unfamiliar users and we had to use a third party set up

The support for this program is unparalleled, meaning that those of us who are not in securities are able to access assistance to make sure that we are getting everything that we can from this program

IBM Security Guardium review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Improved security through visibility"

What do you like best?

The ability to see when users are accessing sensitive data. Gathering the data works very well. Satisfies audit requests, to give us an idea if anybody is accessing our privileged user IDs without our knowledge.

What do you dislike?

Better testing before the product is ready would help. Also, reporting capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does a good job for what it's designed to do. If it's the vendor or a third-party telling you how things should be set up out of the gate, go with that and don't argue with them.

I think we have a better handle on who is accessing our data. It has automated a bunch of manual tasks.

IBM Security Guardium review by Courtney H.
Courtney H.

"Great for Privacy"

What do you like best?

Data is safe and secure. Great for anyone working in compliance.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to this protection platform one needs to be trained and have some knowledge on how to work it. Could be a little more user friendly.

Working in a compliance department it is food to store and safeguard critical data.

IBM Security Guardium review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Top notch security which is easy."

What do you like best?

Most of it is built in. You have to do very little for using it. Its mostly signing up and in putting some info and then let it run.

What do you dislike?

I thought the price over all was kind of high for the most part compared to other software programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest you give it a try.

Mainly the stuff that can pop up with all the information coming in and then infiltrating into our systems. You have to have a constant guard and it has to be constantly updated.

IBM Security Guardium review by Brittany B.
Brittany B.

"easy and reliable"

What do you like best?

it is easy to get in touch with support when necessary.

What do you dislike?

I currently do not have any dislikes, we temporarily used the company and just felt it was more than our company needed.

Helping to keep our databases secure and keep our client information secure.

IBM Security Guardium review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"IBM Review"

What do you like best?

I really like how the security is working on real time data activity especially around sensitive data to ensure safety. monitors our databases without changing any configurations on the databases and servers.

What do you dislike?

The error messages are a bit hard to transcribe and understand

we are a commercial agency with a lot of confidential date. I like the benefit of knowing we have real time security no matter what and i feel confident using it

IBM Security Guardium review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"IBM review "

What do you like best?

interface, effectiveness, productivity, security options and easy to use tools

What do you dislike?

a little bit over budget for such tool, but its necessary for your business software and data

Recommendations to others considering the product

great product for personal and business use!

total protection of clients and employees private information, business transaction and budget info.

IBM Security Guardium review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"IBM security "

What do you like best?

The theory behind it is wonderful and if you are using a small amount of databases, it works great!

What do you dislike?

If you add multiple databases that you need to secure, it slows the system down.

It works well for small companies

IBM Security Guardium review by Administrator

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly. You don't have to have a lot of expertise

What do you dislike?

It can make your computer run slow at times and crash

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy app this is perfect

Retail

IBM Security Guardium review by User

"Great experience "

What do you like best?

User friendly and this is overall a great program to use

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about this product. Works really well, and have not encountered a problem yet

Protecting against cyber security

IBM Security Guardium review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Guard it"

What do you like best?

Good product, not excellent. Does the job, but not efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Costs, bugs, delayed feature enhancements.

Safeguard critical data. That it helps to have something like this in place.

IBM Security Guardium review by User in Information Technology and Services

"IBM Securtiy Guardian Review"

What do you like best?

There are multiple layers of detection and security protection.

What do you dislike?

Needs to be better integration of alternative data sources.

Analytics and profiling in risk management

Learning about IBM Security Guardium?

* We monitor all IBM Security Guardium reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.