IBM SPSS Statistics

IBM SPSS Statistics

IBM SPSS Statistics is an integrated family of products that addresses the entire analytical process, from planning to data collection to analysis, reporting and deployment.

Work for IBM SPSS Statistics?

Learning about SPSS Statistics?

IBM SPSS Statistics Reviews

Ask SPSS Statistics a Question
Showing 607 SPSS Statistics reviews
SPSS Statistics review by moses n.
moses n.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about IBM SPSS Statistics
SPSS Statistics review by Muhammad Azmi  U.
Muhammad Azmi U.

What Statistical solution do you use?

SPSS Statistics review by Shihari C.
Shihari C.

"Great tool for data analysis"

What do you like best?

I like that it is capable in providing the user with the simplest requirements related to data such a very basic histogram, etc. and also that it can provide output on more complex statistical analysis. This tool enables to get all requirements at one stop.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the output which is generated can be more colorful and pleasing to view. The graphs which are generated looks dull and customization is minimal. It can be suggested to improve the user interface and the look and feel of the outputs more with better customization options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IBM SPSS is the best statistical analysis tool I have worked with where you can get all your requirements done at one go.

We have conducted a research on the methods which can be used to improve processes within our company. SPSS was used to analyse these data and it was really helpful in getting all the required graphs and diagrams.

SPSS Statistics review by Douglas P.
Douglas P.

"A software made for social scientists "

What do you like best?

In my current position, IBM SPSS is an essential software to fulfill my labor tasks, since I use this software daily for the construction and analysis of databases of the different communities to which we provide services in the sociological area. IBM SPSS has countless statistical tools necessary to perform my analysis as a worker. I use a lot the crossing of variables, construction of hypothesis, percentiles, sampling, graphs, tables and reports necessary to present analysis that comes from sociological research. With these tools I can make probabilities, predictions of events and planning of activities that benefit the communities, fulfilling my objectives as a sociological analyst and the goals in my work.

What do you dislike?

When I started using this software in my work, it was a little complicated to learn each of its tools and how to use them properly to get the results I expected, however, I instructed myself in the use of IBM SPSS reading tutorials, and to this day I handle it quite skillfully, getting the analytical results I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software must be present in all companies that need to analyze databases, as it has a considerable amount of tools needed to obtain the best analytical results for planning activities, formulating public policies, behavior patterns, and trends. Without a doubt, this software allows you to improve the functions that a company performs in its field of specialization.

A software with an impressive amount of tools for data analysis from a social science perspective. A software that has added many attributes and skills to my job performance, since I can perform analysis of the information I collect, making quality reports to be presented to my bosses. Without a doubt, this software has enhanced my skills as a social worker and scientist.

SPSS Statistics review by jhoanny U.
jhoanny U.

" Unparalleled data analysis software"

What do you like best?

IBM SPSS is software that has accompanied me during my student and work training. Thanks to this software I can elaborate and organize large data bases of the documentation of our clients, being able to establish organizational filters according to the needs and instructions of our bosses.

Another interesting feature is that I can develop from my database quite complete graphics, incorporating variables adjusted to the needs of my work, making the ordering of data a premise.

I can also analyze data set in a single variable, this is ideal at the time of filing since I can establish more specific characteristics, necessary for the review of each of the cases of our clients.

What do you dislike?

A software that is not very easy to use at the beginning. I recommend getting familiar first with the technical language of the software to make the most of it

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems that it is a software dedicated only to those companies whose premise is the management of databases, but in fact I recommend it to all companies in general, since the performance offered by this software is unique. Not only can you build databases but cross them with statistical variables and graphs, offering quite complete analyzes, necessary to grow a company.

My work will not be as good and efficient if it were not for the use of this software. Not only my performance but that of my work organization has been greatly benefited by the functions offered by this software. The construction of databases and the analysis of these data for us is routine and necessary, and this software allows us to do this in our work

SPSS Statistics review by LINA MARIA V.
LINA MARIA V.

"A very professional way to build and manage databases"

What do you like best?

An incredible software that came to revolutionize the use of statistics. In my area of work is one of the software that I use more since I can take databases of chemical elements and analyze them with multiple statistical variables. Besides this I can take databases of other software and convert them into IBM SPSS format and thus work better with them. And one of the benefits that I use the most is that I can filter and modify variables according to my immediate needs, in general it is a quite versatile software that fits my daily needs at work.

What do you dislike?

One of the problems I encounter with this software and which I went through at the beginning is that it is quite complicated to use. You have to have knowledge in the area of computer science to freely manage this software. I had to take an intensive course to use this software to the full, however, is the best I could do since the software is quite complete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IBM SPSS Statistic I recommend it to any company that requires for its growth a data analysis software, since it is quite functional and I dare to say that it is the best software in the market in the management and analysis of databases and creation of variables and other statistical methods. Do not hesitate to acquire this software and you will immediately notice the increase in performance among your employees.

Without a doubt, I dare say that this software is one of the best acquisitions we have been able to make in our working environment, since it has greatly simplified the analysis of the different chemical factors coming from our investigations. It is a high quality and very functional software.

SPSS Statistics review by FRANCO P.
FRANCO P.

"Statistics program for the application of data analysis for decision making. "

What do you like best?

Easy to use program that allows the application of descriptive and inferential statistics. I like the way you organize the databases and the way you use the variables for the application of the tools. I really like the application of multiple linear regression analysis to evaluate the behavior of dependent and independent variables, since it provides an easy and simple report of results for decision making. I think the interface is very nice and easy to use because each icon can be easily located. It is easy to work with databases because it has some similarity with popular programs such as Microsoft Excel, internationally recognized.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the quality of the graphics, they should improve the presentation, the colors and the design of the results report. I think they should work on the design of new ones or on the updating of work tools that allow offering the possibility of showing professional quality graphics for decision making, given that IBM SPSS statistics offer very simple and not very innovative graphics. The results reports offered by the IBM statistics are appropriate, but the presentation is bad, therefore, you should look for ways to improve the quality of the presentation of the results. Reports should have more colors, better organized, more creative and innovative to capture the user's attention.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say it is an easy to use program, it has the tools for the application of statistical analysis at the management level for decision making, but if you want better quality graphics that locate another program. Ideal for the systematization of data because it offers the possibility of working optimally with many dependent and independent variables. It has excellent tools for the application of inferential statistics that can encourage organizations to make decisions that motivate the growth of the organization. It is always important to establish the data analysis that the company needs to perform, at what time and the quality of the presentation, and then select the program that has the tools that best adapt to the requirements.

SPSS is a program that I use for the application of descriptive and inferential statistics to analyze and evaluate data for decision making and process research. Currently I use it to apply multiple linear regression analysis in order to study, analyze and evaluate the behavior of the value of movable and immovable property, and emblematic constructions. being an excellent work tool that gives us the possibility to specify data for the decisions of the organization in a timely manner. It is used continuously for the application of descriptive statistics, bone, to calculate the average, the average, the median, the standard deviation, the variance, etc., of various work topics for decision making. I have improved the response times because we make better decisions.

SPSS Statistics review by Miguel R.
Miguel R.

"Review de SPSS"

What do you like best?

SPSS es un buen software estadístico para todas sus necesidades analíticas básicas. Debo recalcar sólo estadísticos básicos. El editor de datos es una de las características favoritas de SPSS. El diseño también es fácil de usar y directo. Es bueno para las personas que se inician al software estadístico por su extrema facilidad de uso de forma visual sin sintax (aunque también puedes utilizarla). En la versión 25 han inclúido análisis Bayesianos (aunque bastante limitados), lo cual ha sido un acierto excelente por su extrema facilidad de aplicación.

What do you dislike?

La limitación fundamental es la limitada flexibilidad a la hora de realizar análisis estadísticos complejos. Softwares como R o Sttata o SAS son más útiles en este sentido. Otra limitación es que es bastante caro para lo que ofrece.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SPSS es un programa muy fácil de usar y es perfecto para principiantes que comienzan en análisis estadísticos. Más adelante, no obstante, recomendaría moverse hacia otros programas estadísticos más complejos como Stata, Mplus o R (estos dos últimos son los que más recomiendo).

Utilizo SPSS para analizar datos de encuestas cualitativas que tienen como objetivo responder preguntas de investigación orientadas a la salud social y conductual.

SPSS Statistics review by Sinjini M.
Sinjini M.

"SPSS Statistics for Analytics"

What do you like best?

The vast range of statistical functions to do data analyses and modeling, to pre-process and clean data, and to visualize data. The simplicity and ease of use make SPSS Statistics very convenient to conduct research, including for students. You can not only perform simple analysis like descriptive statistics, ANOVA and linear regression, but also advanced data mining using logistic regression, trees, generalized additive models, etc.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much really. The only thing will be the ability to read in more types of data and in different formats for more flexibility. I typically use Excel data files in SPSS (which are later converted to .sav formats). Another problem that I have been facing recently (not sure if it's a Macbook issue) is that I am unable to cut & paste tables and graphs directly from the SPSS output into a Word file. I used to be able to do this and this helped a lot by saving time; however, I have been unable to do this recently. So, it has been a little cumbersome to take screenshots and insert them into files. If this feature can be improved, I think the usability of the product will increase significantly more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use tool for statistical and data analysis. Students love it and definitely the first go-to statistical analysis tool for modeling, inference and visualization.

Mainly to conduct research by performing analysis, inference and modeling. I also use it in classes, so students use it too for their assignments, exams and projects. The primary benefit is the ease of use and the fact that the results are displayed in a very meaningful way for easy interpretation.

SPSS Statistics review by Muhammad R.
Muhammad R.

"Limited functionality for complex analysis"

What do you like best?

Solve your toughest challenges with data mining ... Business Intelligence framework, and use modeling to improve business outcomes in areas as ... Access all of IBM SPSS Modeler's predictive capabilities, as well as IBM SPSS Statistics' data.

What do you dislike?

However, it definitely has limitations when it comes to advanced modelling and development of statistical approaches. In that case, software packages such as R and Matlab may be much more helpful. These packages, however, require additional effort from the investigator and are no longer "point-and-click" oriented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

. Great for data analysis & statistical modeling if you know how to work it!

Great for data analysis and statistical modeling if you know how to work it,organizations can benefit from analytics faster when multiple predictive and advanced analytics you can use statistical analysis.

SPSS Statistics review by Rochelle F.
Rochelle F.

"SPSS is a user-friendly data analytics software"

What do you like best?

I like that SPSS is user-friendly, you can show other users how to do basic data management and analysis using the dropdowns or with code. I find that users more easily understand SPSS than SAS at first.

What do you dislike?

SPSS isn't as powerful as SAS for data management from my experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a user-friendly data management and analyses tool, SPSS is one to consider. It allows users to utilize drop-down menus and produce reports/graphics with their data. SPSS allows the user to see their data and make corrections to it within the software. It is more user-friendly, but less powerful than SAS. If your employees are looking for something they can begin using right away without a significant amount of training, this is a great tool. The reports it produces are also more appealing than other data software currently available.

IBM SPSS Statistics is a great tool for users to be able to conduct basic statistical analyses without knowing significant amounts of programming/coding language like SAS. I find it aligns more with SAS enterprise guide because users can 'point-and-click' to conduct different tasks.

SPSS Statistics review by Michelle D.
Michelle D.

"Overall a really solid statistics package"

What do you like best?

SPSS has an easy point-and-click interface, making data analysis relatively straightforward. Another benefit is the huge community. If you ever have a problem, there are tons of resources available. SPSS doesn't require a ton of coding experience, like some other options such as R.

What do you dislike?

SPSS doesn't have a ton of detailed description for all of the functions it offers. It can be easy to run a test that isn't the best option for your data source. There are, however, vast outside sources online that can be a huge help. Also, SPSS isn't quite as versatile as an open-source option like R.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to do solid up-front training. It will be much easier than trying to go back and retroactively learn as you go. Also, as with any statistical software, a mathematical understanding of statistics is key to really making the best of the product.

I work in a research-related field and we use SPSS to ensure that we are only reporting statistically significant figures.

SPSS Statistics review by Shan R.
Shan R.

"User Friendliness and Quality of data output"

What do you like best?

IBM SPSS has the best GUI Stats Software

What do you dislike?

Cannot perform advance time series tests

Recommendations to others considering the product

IBM SPSS is easy to use and can generate quality outputs with ease. Anyone can with minimum statistical knowledge can easily understand the operating procedure and fulfill their statistical requirements. Numerous support materials are available online regarding the usage of SPSS. Free youtube materials provide guidance on how to setup and run necessary statistical tests.

Solid Analytics is an online data management and data analytics service provider. We continuously provide data analysis reports generated from SPSS for academics, researchers and professionals. We assist in data collection and analysis of statistical data from social social science researchers to medical professionals. IBM has a every easy and customer friendly user interface and the outputs are easy customisable. Its very easy analyse quantitative research data with advance graph and pictorial modification functions. The outputs can directly imported into the corporate and academic reports with little or no modifications.

SPSS Statistics review by Isabel H.
Isabel H.

"La evidencia estadistica en un rapido procesamiento"

What do you like best?

Lo que mas me gusta del programa es que se puede trabajar de forma amena y muy sencilla la parte de los modelos de regresión lineal, permitiendote construir el mismo utilizando previamente sus funciones de correlaciones estadisticas. Una vez obtenido el modelo, te pemite ver la bondad de ajuste del mismo a traves de test como el de R cuadrado ajustado y que tan ajustable es el modelo al fenomeno representado.

What do you dislike?

A pesar del poder del programa, las tablas de los test de estadistica no parametrica para analizar datos de tipo cualitativo, son extremadamente tediosas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si lo que deseas es representar fenomenos desde el modelado matematico, es muy sencillo la carga del archivo de datos y poder crear distintos modelos y ver el que mejor se ajusta a tu descripción

Nos permite predecir valores e inferir sobre fenomenos estudiados en el corto y mediano plazo, que por razones de tiempo y costo no se pueden obtener, aumentando nuestra precisión.

SPSS Statistics review by Jhon  B.
Jhon B.

"El control de la ciencia estadistica para estudio de fenomenos sociales "

What do you like best?

El software permite un control total de la organización, para las distintas fases para los diferentes tipos de estudios estadísticos, tanto los exhaustivos (censos), como investigaciones por muestreo. Permitiéndote dar un valor agregado a las investigaciones, al poder hacer distintos tipos de modelos predictivos, desde la regresión lineal hasta poder hacer muestras representativas según características de la población de estudio. Su potencia, sencillez y rapidez para las estadísticas descriptivas supera a cualquier otra herramienta para análisis estadístico.

What do you dislike?

la sección de analisis / redes neuronales no es muy amigable. Se hace tediosa cada vez que se debe modificar las variables a recodificar

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si trabajas con estadisticas descriptivas, muestras, control de calidad estadisitico y hasta te animas a ingresar en el mundo de la inteligencia artificial (modelo de redes neuronales), es la aplicación correcta para agregar valores y soportes cientifico a la calidad de tus trabajos e investigaciones.

El procesar de forma rapida, grandes cantidades de datos, empalmando series estadisticas provenientes de distintos organismos, logrando un valor agregado al reconstruir series historicas estadisticas, permitiendo trabajar modelados, predicciones y simulaciones para comportamientos futuros de dichos fenomenos.

SPSS Statistics review by Carlos T.
Carlos T.

"We quantitatively analyze our management with IBM SPSS"

What do you like best?

One of my obligations as Project Manager Communications in my company, is to do all the analysis of people who come to our Health Center with different pathologies, this analysis requires the construction of databases for analysis; I can achieve this with IBM SPSS software, a powerful software that allows me to analyze databases of the people we serve and apply different types of statistical methods such as hypothesis contrasts, percentiles, probabilities and graph analysis, necessary to have conclusions that allow us to develop business policies to offer better health services to our visitors, or to count the number of people who visit us annually. I use IBM SPSS, because it allows me to make different combinations of variables in the graph and with this I can make hypotheses that serve me to make regulations, project designs, work proposals, always based on approaches that benefit our patients.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the reports of results that I obtain when using the software, offers me unnecessary information or that I do not want, therefore, I must select in detail the information that I need to make my analyses and work proposals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A software that I always recommend to all those who have to do management analysis based on the quantitative data they receive, since IBM SPSS has the most complete statistical tools of a data package software. With this software your technical analyses will be much more nutritious and with more content to analyze.

This software has everything I need to carry out my management analysis in the best possible way, since it offers me a series of interesting data that I combine with different types of variables and hypotheses that I formulate to make the most complete management analysis of our Management. IBM SPSS combines many necessary tools to analyze databases, and therefore, our visitors, making our Health Management is strengthened and my management as Manager as well.

SPSS Statistics review by Doriangel M.
Doriangel M.

"IBM SPSS: World leader in database analysis software. "

What do you like best?

My current job relies heavily on all the tools that IBM SPSS has, as it is the number one software in database analysis. I have been using this software since I was a student at the university and now I use it in my working day getting great benefits that only this software can give me. Thanks to IBM SPSS, I can establish database filters based on the health conditions that people suffer, or the State in which they live, the condition of their pathologies and the administrative status of their health cases, which allows me to track each of these cases and give quick responses to requests made by people who come to our company in search of solutions for their pathologies. As a researcher and social worker, IBM SPSS contributes a lot to my professional performance because it allows me to analyze each of the data I have in my databases and add hypotheses and variables to my analysis, taking full advantage of the benefits this software provides me and its analysis of variables through statistics. IBM SPSS has many necessary tools to do my job in the best way, taking into account that I use databases daily.

What do you dislike?

A software that offers you so many tools and functions to make analysis of variables and databases, makes this software a little difficult to use, as it has tools quite complex to use as are the formulas, crossing variables, elaboration of graphs and probabilities, percentiles and other statistical tools that require an initial study and a lot of practice in the use of software to fully master it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is mandatory for all of us who study social sciences and currently apply all our knowledge acquired at work. IBM SPSS is the pioneer software in data analysis, and I can corroborate this every day in my work because I get excellent results when I use it. Without a doubt it is a very competitive and high-end software that you must use in your workspace.

This software has not only contributed to my growth as a worker but has perfected each of my professional and intellectual skills. I owe IBM SPSS a lot, as it has been my ally for many years in research work and has now made my job performance very complete. I am very grateful for all that I have learned from this software.

SPSS Statistics review by Emerita G.
Emerita G.

" excelente paquete estadístico, amigable y su contenido cubre los modelos estadístico mas usados "

What do you like best?

La agrupación de contenidos en tres grandes áreas a saber: Estadística básica, univariante y bivariante: la Estadística Multivariante y Modelos especiales . Aplica los modelos a datos y situaciones reales e interpreta los resultados obtenidos en las aplicaciones pueden utilizarse múltiples modelos para analizar datos cuantitativos o cualitativos, las salidas y representación de los datos es simple e intuitiva, personas con conocimientos básicos de estadística puede utilizar el programa y obtener muy buenos resultados.

What do you dislike?

Como tiene capacidad para trabajar con grandes bases de datos y un interfaces para la mayoría de análisis, los informes de resultados se elaboran con mucha información, lo que permite distraer al usuario, puede ser que el usuario se pierda debido a la gran cantidad de información que se genera, ademas de ello debe tenerse cuidado con la aplicación de los métodos, dado que alguno se utilizan para casos específicos, por ejemplo el manejo de datos cualitativos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Deben tener en cuenta que se encuentran frente a una de las herramientas más poderosas para el análisis de datos estadísticos, y por otra parte también, ante la más simple e intuitiva, el procesamiento de la información, las salidas de datos y los gráficos, producen análisis sencillos, que con conocimientos básicos de estadística cualquier profesional o estudiante puede interpretar.

Análisis e interpretación de casos sociales, con la aplicación multivariable , clister análisis y un sin fin de análisis tanto para trabajos particulares, como para desarrollo académico.

SPSS Statistics review by Nicholas C.
Nicholas C.

"Excellent software for data analysis"

What do you like best?

SPSS features menus that are intuitive and I would argue are better than Stata's. This is a great feature for someone who wants to learn the software and its tools as a novice.

What do you dislike?

Despite SPSS having those intuitive menus, they can feel clunky and slow, especially if one has proficiency in another program's (like Stata) syntax. One of the biggest drawbacks of Stata is that licenses are costly, far moreso than competitors.

I enjoy exploring SPSS' menus in a way that Stata does not offer. This helps me think of policy issues in ways different (yes, software matters to your conception of any project!) and I have been able to develop econometric skills using it.

SPSS Statistics review by Kelsey S.
Kelsey S.

"Not as adaptable as some of the new statistic software, but a stable in the field"

What do you like best?

Generally, everyone used or has used SPSS, so it is easy to communicate your analyses across lab groups, universities, etc. As such, it is relatively simple to find help/support online from other users on how to run different sorts of analyses online.

What do you dislike?

There are many statistical analysis programs on the market these days. SPSS is still a paid program, not open-source like R, for example. It also is rather buggy--the GUI works just fine, but the Syntax (code for programming analyses) not so uncommonly will not work for no reason at all. Only retyping the problem section will fix this issue. If you prefer using code for analyses, SPSS is less intuitive and more difficult than other programs. The graphs and plots generated directly from SPSS are actually quite awful and need to be redone in another program before they can be used in any reasonable publication or presentation.

As a long-standing stable in the field, we teach this in classes to all our undergraduates. It's a great starter program for analyses because of the easy to use GUI.

SPSS Statistics review by Dave W.
Dave W.

"Easy to use once you learn the idiosyncrasies"

What do you like best?

Nice graphical interface and a fair number of analyses available. The spreadsheet-like data manager is nice to work with for those familiar with Excel etc.. Has the ability to program additional analyses if you've got the chops to do so.

What do you dislike?

Has a fair number of funny little idiosyncrasies, including the variable naming conventions, analytical procedures that aren't always easy to find, and minimal graph building options that can be a little janky to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reliable and generally well-accepted by the academic community. Good for most traditional analyses but more complex analyses require either plug-ins or different software packages. I use SPSS, MPlus, RUMM2030, MatLab, and Excel for different functions depending on what I'm doing. Consider your uses carefully before purchasing. Also note that the version iterates every year, so you may find yourself purchasing new versions every year if you always want the most up to date version. Though, for what it's worth, that's rarely necessary as the iterations aren't that dramatic. Has yet to have a good big data analysis mechanism baked in, and the SEM options require the AMOS plug in, and AMOS isn't the most robust SEM program (I use MPlus for that reason). The GUI approach is nice though, you can do most analyses without having to write a piece of code which is great.

My go-to statistical software package for most of my research projects. Handles most critical things well.

SPSS Statistics review by User

"Neccessary for Data Analysis"

What do you like best?

As a social scientist, this is my go to application for analyzing my data. It allows me to run my analyses, and display my results in an appropriate way for the work that I do. I can also customize and organize my data in a way that works best for me, allowing me to do the best research possible for myself.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve with SPSS, and there are some extensions you will need to buy or get a code for (i.e., bootstrapping), but outside of that it is a very thorough program. If you are new to the program, there are a plethora of resources available online that will walk you through how to execute what you need to as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does take time to learn to use SPSS in a way that works best for you, but take advantage of the resources IBM gives you, and other resources available online (there are plenty!). If you are in the social sciences and looking to analyze your data, I would highly recommend it.

With IBM SPSS Statistics, we are able to collect, organize, and analyze data from the research we do in order to make sense of our findings. With SPSS, we are able to run analyses on our data effectively, and in turn present that data with the world.

SPSS Statistics review by Juliana G.
Juliana G.

"Software designed for social science research"

What do you like best?

This software is an indispensable requirement to successfully accomplish my work. Citizen security is an important aspect for the development of a society; and I use IBM SPSS as a tool that allows me to analyze variables in matters of citizen security, analyzing variables and causes of social conflict, theft, robbery, murders, street security devices, and many other aspects necessary to analyze this complex social reality. With this software I not only analyze the variables mentioned above, but I can make graphs, probabilities analysis, design questions and results necessary to make public policies to solve these social problems. This software is very complete because I can cross variables and results that after being analyzed allows us to understand a little better our social reality and the role we play as workers in the service of people's security.

What do you dislike?

IBM SPSS can not be managed by anyone, even, I have been able to observe very good sociologists and statisticians who do not know how to manage this software, and this happens because this software is a little difficult to master. It is quite complete and specialized software, but there are some tools and functions that could be softened so that more people can use it without having to be instructed beforehand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The work in social sciences is one of the most complex because of the multiplicity of variables that play in an analysis that results in different types of actions that improve the living conditions of people living in a society. If your job duty is to meet different goals at the level of analysis of variables and database analysis results, then this software will adjust to your work dynamics in the best way.

This software has made all my qualities as a worker better now. IBM SPSS is a software that has allowed me to diversify and deepen each of my proposals in the area of citizen security. Each proposal I make is carefully analyzed and evaluated thanks to the excellent tools IBM SPSS offers me. I currently use this software for each one of my investigations in the field of citizen security, because it is the one that has given me the best result.

SPSS Statistics review by Adelaynes C.
Adelaynes C.

"A very complete software for the analysis of data and databases."

What do you like best?

A fundamental software for the development of work activities in our office. IBM SPSS, is a software that I learned to use in the university and that I have used in my professional and labor development. Thanks to this software I can do databases and statistical analysis of variables, these variables can be defined according to my needs and I take the information from the databases I develop. In our labor dynamics the construction and analysis of databases has a lot of value since from here we make the analyses to make public policies more dedicated to the needs of the public we serve, and the amount of tools that SPSS offers us is very varied and complete to fulfill these ends. It is also important to mention that with this software we can make graphs, very necessary for the complete analysis of data.

What do you dislike?

This software has two problems which the user must take into account when starting to use it.

1-Because it is a very complete and professional software, it is quite complicated to use the first few times. It is necessary to observe tutorials or do specialized courses to use all the tools offered by this software.

2- Sometimes the result of the data analysis offers unnecessary information that tends to confuse the user. This suggestion should be read and taken care of by the software developers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe that currently the challenges presented at the business level are quite demanding and professional, in which it is required to use the best tools and the best software to achieve the best work results. IBM SPSS, is one of those efficient tools that must be used in any corporation or company. It is the most complete software for building and analyzing databases that I have known very complete and quite adjusted to new business standards.

This software has not only helped to solve the problems in my job when we have to build and analyze databases but it has also greatly improved our job performance. This is a mandatory software in our office since all the reports we give to our managers are made thanks to this software. A software that we do not stop using in our work and that has made our company grow.

SPSS Statistics review by Ho'omana Nathan H.
Ho'omana Nathan H.

"Perhaps the best GUI stats suite for beginners available today"

What do you like best?

SPSS offers powerful functionality for virtually any statistical operation one needs (at least in my field, the social sciences). There's also tremendous and versatile online support from both IBM themselves and others who have created helpful walkthroughs for performing various statistical analyses. The output also looks nice and is fairly customizable.

What do you dislike?

The interface isn't very intuitive at all, and is mostly just a bunch of dropdown menus with little direction. Bottom line: You really need to know about stats before you use this software. However, because it is the leading GUI stats software, there is abundant documentation for this software both from IBM and from universities and others that detail how to do various operations (and interpret the output).

I also feel that this software is prohibitively expensive for an individual who just needs basic stats, and there are a lot of very nice free statistical analysis tools available for the basics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already know about statistical tests - which to choose, how to run them, and what they mean - this is an outstanding basic statistical suite. I feel that it's prohibitively expensive for an individual unless you're really doing a huge amount of complex stats, but for a university or other institution, this is a nice tool.

We use SPSS in our Linguistics Lab primarily for statistical analyses of social sciences data, especially related to Sociolinguistics and Teaching English as a Second Language.

SPSS Statistics review by Kennedy K.
Kennedy K.

"Analyzing data using IBM SPSS Statistics."

What do you like best?

The accuracy of the IBM SPSS Statistics in analyzing both descriptive and referential statistics is high.The software`s user friendliness makes one enjoy data entry and analysis using it. .Analyzing speed is also an added advantage that the user enjoys while using the software.

What do you dislike?

The software requires data analysis skills.There is use of complex formulas and interpretation of the analyzed data is confusing during first days of use though one gets used to with time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to recommend all my friends,learners and big organizations which may require to carry out data analysis to use IBM SPSS software since it is the fast solution of today`s data entry and analysis complex work where and its able to make it simple and faster.

Data entry and analysis of huge amount of inferential and desciptive data.The whole process of data entry of the large amount of data is made within a short time and generation of required reports is made within a fraction of time.Ease of understanding and use by many workers within the organization is also a benefit to the organization.Ability to import data from Microsoft EXCEL makes the exercise faster and time saving thus more efficient in time management.

SPSS Statistics review by Laurice R.
Laurice R.

"Great software for statistical analysis"

What do you like best?

The software can be used to create a multitude of graphs and charts to display relevant statistical analysis. This is one of 2 tools we use for stats and the other I would say is bare bone compared to SPSS.

What do you dislike?

I think there should be an easy mode, because the software is very hard to learn at first. There are a lot of different tools, so if they could develop a version that gives you he most used options and a quick tutorial that would be awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for statistical analysis

Analysis data for community based projects and create statistical representation of results.

SPSS Statistics review by Niharika G.
Niharika G.

"SPSS is a great research and analysis software"

What do you like best?

SPSS provides all basic and advanced features for regression, moderation, mediation. SPSS does a very good job at descriptive statistics as well as in preparing the charts. This is extremely helpful for preparing both academic analysis and preparing results for industry reports. I like SPSS a lot for this reason. However, SPSS is not too helpful with advanced modeling or statistical analysis. For this reason, I end up using Mplus, AMOS and other softwares

What do you dislike?

SPSS is currently unable to provide structure equation modeling features. No structural equation modeling features nor does it have mediation or moderation charting features. It also does not have any other modeling features for simulation or agent based modeling. SPSS also does not allow experimental data analysis features. So one has to use other softwares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SPSS needs to make its software better by adding multiple features for advanced data analysis such as structural equation modeling, simulation modeling, agent modeling, experimental data analysis and several others.

I conduct research and use SPSS for data analyses for both academic as well as industry reports. I use SPSS on individual level data as well as on org level data. However, I struggle to use SPSS for structural equation models or agent based models. I think SPSS is great when one wants to analyze frequencies, minimum, maximum, other descriptive statistics. The SPSS software is also suitable for usage on collaborative projects since it is quite popular and most of the Universities have access to it for their research and staff members. SPSS is however lacking any advanced features as it does not allow any advanced modeling or statistical analysis. For this reason, I end up using other softwares.

SPSS Statistics review by User

"A good stat tool for beginners"

What do you like best?

IBM SPSS is a very good tool for those who are just beginning to do data analysis. While it offers more advanced options, learning about the basic functions and tools of analysis is not overwhelming. The interface is intuitive and not overwhelming. As someone who uses it for research projects, SPSS is also a nice tool to facilitate team discussions of data.

What do you dislike?

There are certain functions of IBM SPSS that are limited with the basic version and require an upgrade. I am not sure how these features are determined, but some of them would be nice to have with the basic version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is best learned from someone who has experience with it, rather than from a manual and/or textbook.

We use IBM SPSS to conduct research data analysis. It is an easy system for the team to use so it facilitates our work.

SPSS Statistics review by Griselda B.
Griselda B.

"Informes estadísticos y análisis de datos sin mucho esfuerzo "

What do you like best?

Me gusta que con sólo ordenar los datos en la vista de variables, puedo generar informes estadísticos con precisión, con este software mensualmente preparo las estadísticas concernientes a la productividad de los empleados de mi departamento.

What do you dislike?

No me gusta que en principio el software es complicado de usar, pero con un taller se le puede sacar todo el potencial a este programa, en mi departamento nos dictaron un pequeño curso, y ha sido muy beneficioso para cumplir con nuestros informes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Informes estadísticos y análisis de datos en una sola suite, aunque requiere preparación para su uso los resultados son,a mi parecer muy satisfactorios

Pienso que resuelve la toma de decisiones basadas en los análisis de datos e informes estadísticos, sobre productividad y eficiencia de las empresas y sus empleados.

SPSS Statistics review by Abraham k.
Abraham k.

"Powerful tool for managing and using spss data"

What do you like best?

Excellent Software have using it since my undergraduate, useful and robust for statistical analysis, It is good at descriptive analysis like Mean, Median,Mode,deviation and variance also a perfect software for ANOVA, chi square, I would recommend it to anyone either in the scientific field or academic

What do you dislike?

I find it too useful search that i couldn't see notice any negativity in it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider IBM SPSS as it is an Easy to use software and provides perfect results,

especially when you are dealing with predictions and many more scientific research

Predicting scenarios and able to prepare for it in time

SPSS Statistics review by Tina L.
Tina L.

"SPSS Review"

What do you like best?

easiest statistics program to use compared to SAS, R and Stata. I like how it is more widely used than the more complex statistical programs. There is no programming language to learn to use SPSS it is very similar to an excel spreadsheet. it can do various analysis like cross tab, ANOVA, paired t-test etc. with a simple click of the button. Great for beginners who are learning to analyze data and statistics. Very helpful graphs and outputs.

What do you dislike?

it is expensive. luckily my job provides spss for me to use however when I was taking a class to learn spss i had to buy a license through my university to use it which was pricy. Also another drawback is that although it is more widely used (especially amongst people who don't know how to code SAS/R), it does have limitations. it cannot do everything SAS and R can. It is a good software for beginners but not professionals who may need to do more advanced analyses. it has limited use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

has limited functions but very easy to use as compared to other statistical software. you will be better off if you're proficient with excel.

analyzing data easily. not as costly as SAS/R so more affordable for my company. The main benefit is that you don't need to learn a coding language to operate it. it is as easy to use as excel or google sheets.

SPSS Statistics review by Bernardo C.
Bernardo C.

"A great Data Analysis tool"

What do you like best?

SPSS is a pretty easy to use software. It comes with many available actions that will allow you to do many analysis. It you feel like something is missing, you can always do some coding on the syntax in order to "tell" SPSS specifically what you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

The data visualization options are really poor. The software is great for data analysis, but when you think about making a presentation or something like that, you will have to rely on other softwars to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a software to do data analysis, SPSS is a great choice.

I do a lot of research and data analysis is part of it. SPSS helps me analyse relationships among variables, by doing regression analysis, for example.

SPSS Statistics review by minh p.
minh p.

"A great tool for the statistical analysis of data for its simplicity and nice-looking outputs"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent software for handling big data. it allows in a simple way to import data and to analyze without great technical knowledge.It is easy to perform from simple statistical calculations, descriptive statistics, data validation to inferential or predictive statistics.

It is designed in a simple and user-friendly way since it is not necessary to use complex knowledge to encode data when using qualitative data.

The output are formatted nicely. This is an ideal software for research for non-technical people..

What do you dislike?

Due to the large number of possibilities for the treatment and analysis of data, it can be quite overwhelming to pick an analysis, especially if the differences between each of the analysis possibilities it provides are not clear. This also means that it is necessary to dedicate a considerable time to explore each one of the possibilities that it offers and to see the tutorials offered for the use of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not very familiar with statistics, this is a good software to use.

I used IBM SPSS to analyze data for some of my researches

SPSS Statistics review by Janeth W.
Janeth W.

"Great Program for Quantitative Research "

What do you like best?

SPSS is a useful tool for those just starting out in data analysis. The user interface is easy, it is different from others but very intuitive once you are used to it.

What do you dislike?

The charts in SPSS are not as intricate and aesthetically pleasing as the ones you can create in excel. The different versions are not always compatible. For example, on my laptop, I had an older version and on my desktop, a newer version. My files did not transfer over well from version to version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used SPSS paired with Qualtrics and the integration was seamless.

The business problems I solved with SPSS pertains to marketing research. Using SPSS helps determine how our consumers perceived our brand, based on survey results. This helps with positioning and identifying our target market. Using SPSS helped determine the price of our product, the placement as well as how we will promote it.

SPSS Statistics review by Aron G.
Aron G.

"Still *the* standard for statistical software for non-programmers after all these years"

What do you like best?

SPSS was one of the first programs I learned to execute statistics on (after I learned to do the stats by hand). Over the years it keeps improving, it has an incredibly friendly GUI and underneath that a language for creating (and replicating) syntax to get the full capabilities of the program and to assist with documentation and replication.

What do you dislike?

SPSS can be incredibly expensive. Depending on your needs, you may need to invest in several modules. More problematic to me is that what used to be the standard offer has (following the airline model) been "unbundled" and made to cost more now, to get what I consider basic functionality. I also think some of the tools to help marketers make decisions, which has a strength of of not requiring knowledge of statistics also has a weakness of putting powerful tools in the hands of people who don't fully understand them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend considering SPSS, SAS and R installations for anyone thinking of implementing inhouse statistical software. Each of these has different strengths and weaknesses, which I will not go through in depth. I will say at the highest level, SPSS is what I would install for a shop with people who have average to below average statistical skills, SAS stands out for high powered installations, and R requires the most programming know-how, but is open-source with a thriving community and the capability of handling just about any analytic problem you can imagine.

If you need to run statistical analyses, this software will get you there. It is average or below for visualization, but can run most types of parametric and non-parametric statistics a business person would need.

SPSS Statistics review by User in Higher Education

"Amazingly quick and no need to set up (online version)"

What do you like best?

You can import Excel files and your date is not ruined at all. It is very convenient to use and plus it is free for me since my institution provided me with a free copy of it. When you use it online, you can access to your files from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The worst feature is that you cannot connect to your desktop on your personal computer when you are using a business online version of it. It needs to be connected to your office computer. So not very convenient and time-efficient in this respect...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure that you save your data before closing a window.

We have data from groups of students at K-12 level and we analyze their learning pace. This program is a classic! Although I use R, I find SPSS all the time the easiest to use and navigate. Probably it is because I got to using it, but you will come across more people like me who is familiar with this software rather than stuff like R.

"Easier to use online"

What do you like best?

It is easy to access to my data and projects anywhere since my university provides free access to me. I do like it better than my older version app for SPSS. I think it makes sense to use the online one if you have both a desktop and a laptop.

What do you dislike?

If you want to upload a file, it is harder to do it and sometimes using a cvc type file can create problems in the online SPSS (provided by my university). I guess it is nothing about the version of SPSS which is 23.0 but the connection or just the online environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you use the online version if you travel a lot.

It works perfectly for me. It is handy, easy to access and practical when I need my data. I can just connect, stop working on a project and after break or going to somewhere else physically take it from there.

SPSS Statistics review by Administrator

"Simple GUI and well-organized instructions with learning services"

What do you like best?

SPSS is easy to start statistical analyses by just using a simple GUI interface. At the installation of software, there are many online resources for help and offline lerning services if your budgets allow. SPSS is suitable for the person who is not familiar with machine languages as well as detailed statistics.

What do you dislike?

SPSS statistics doesn't have a kind of templates to perform routine analyses. Beginners like me may be sometimes confused with reminding a series of analyses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial software would be helpful to consider SPSS.

I am a research scientist in food industry, and analyze the research data of clinical trials and animal studies. The statistical methods used are dependent on the research field, but I have to run the analyses in a way of trial and error. Without learning specific languages, SPSS can easily handle the statistical analysis in accordance with scientific papers.

SPSS Statistics review by Amro K.
Amro K.

"I use SPSS alot "

What do you like best?

That it has menu and syntax, so if you like coding, you can use the syntax and the menu is always there to help you if you dont know the code. I like the you can paste the work when you are using the menu and then trasforme it into syntax

What do you dislike?

I dont like that there are only limit number of companies using it. So if you like to analysis your data using SPSS, then its harder for you to fit into some jobs that requires using a free software. I dont like that SPSS cannot do all types of analysis, like. Stuctural equation modeling. Also some of the analysis, you only can do them by syntax not menu. Also whenever i try to copy and past the graphs i do on SPSS to a paper to puplish or something, the quality of the graph wont be satisfactory

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it free, there are so many

Analyzing data and statistical analysis

SPSS Statistics review by Katie C.
Katie C.

"IBM SPSS is a great tool for analyzing complex data"

What do you like best?

I use IBM SPSS in my role as research coordinator for analyzing large data sets from psychological studies. SPSS is user-friendly and allows me to complete a wide array of analyses. I especially like having the ability to generate graphs and charts directly in SPSS. Also, the syntax tool makes editing large data sets a lot easier.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is challenging to get an excel file to convert to an SPSS file in a way that the data still makes sense. I have had trouble with data getting mixed up when doing this. Also, I have had trouble opening saved output files in the past.

I use SPSS exclusively for high-level statistical analyses in my research. It is straight-forward and easy to understand while allowing users to perform advanced tests and queries.

SPSS Statistics review by Zohreh S.
Zohreh S.

"Easy to work, learn, and understand statistical analysis and modeling tool"

What do you like best?

-Graphical UI

-Easy to navigate among options

- Great output when applying different test, models

- Extensive amount of learning material and great content written by experts

What do you dislike?

Not easy to code, it has its own language. Could be significantly more friendly if supporting R or Python. The application is not good for big data as it loads everything in memory. If your laptop has little memory, it wont load and crash.

It does not provide learning license. I wish IBM could have released a version for self learning students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for small data. For big data, it is not a candidate at all. I have seen it successful in social science, medicine, and education where sample data is small. In businesses with big volume of data like telecom or networking, this is not working unless you perform your test on a very small dataset.

The beauty is that you do not need a full fledge expert to make it run. If use has basic math/stats, he can start and use the guide to learn.

Descriptive analysis, statistical test, statistical modeling

SPSS Statistics review by Caitlyn D.
Caitlyn D.

"I highly enjoy using spss"

What do you like best?

I love all the different kinds of tests you can do with the software, from T-tests, to correlations to regressions and anova's there are just so many options.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that it does not allow me to use it on my laptop, I can only open the documents where the software is downloaded, making it harder to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If looking for ways to analyze data definitely buy this.

It has many business benefits such as allowing one to organize and analyze their data in order to review the results.

SPSS Statistics review by Shannon R.
Shannon R.

"An excellent tool that meets quick and efficient analysis needs"

What do you like best?

I like that the SPSS system is user friendly, even for those not well versed in statistics. I also appreciate that SPSS also provides excellent training for its users. This way, if I do not know how to run a certain type of test or analysis, it is simple to find the solution for it with the available training. This makes running analyses much less painful for the software users.

What do you dislike?

I would like there to be more graphics capability in it. While the graphics are presented well, it would be nice to see more features. Overall, I do not have any other dislikes with this software. It is my primary statistical analysis software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider using IBM SPSS statistics for any data analysis needs. It is quite useful for anyone, especially for individuals without strong statistical analysis skills.

I've solved several of my research problems using the software. When I have complicated data to run, the software meets my technical needs in a quick and efficient way. I am able to run reports and print them easily. These features make it possible to efficiently present research information to a variety of audiences. I was also was able to quickly detect errors in my syntax and analysis due to the software's usability features. The ability to fix errors quickly, allows me to finish my work quickly, and this is critical when I am working within a tight research or grant proposal deadline.

SPSS Statistics review by User

"SPSS is an easy-to-use software for statistics"

What do you like best?

SPSS is a program that lends itself well to both beginner statisticians and experts in the field. It allows to user to upload large amounts of data and then run many different statistics and create charts for data visualization. I prefer the charts generated by SPSS over that of Excel.

What do you dislike?

The program does not run as quickly as I'd like, and takes some time to process data and run statistics/generate charts. Users may not want to import huge amounts of data at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider switching from Excel to SPSS.

I have been able to chart frequency distributions of the incidence of disease, such as meningitis, and I have realized the benefits of being able to single out certain variables that may uncover different trends.

SPSS Statistics review by Brian H.
Brian H.

"An Industry Standard"

What do you like best?

While there are many good statistical packages, SPSS is the only one in which it is easy to edit the data or variable properties in the data view. It is also my favorite software to use when I need to merge data files or generate aggregate variables. Data manipulation is the strong suit of SPSS. The other feature of SPSS that stands out in comparison to other packages is the color coded syntax files that make it very easy to catch and correct errors in your code. Another feature that I use all the time, that other software lacks, is the ability to import and export data in a wide variety of data formats. It's often easier to import a text file into SPSS and export it to Stata than it is to import the text file directly into Stata. For me, SPSS is an indispensable tool for managing data, whether or not I use it for the analysis.

What do you dislike?

SPSS is not capable of structural equation modeling without a separate purchase of additional software licenses (AMOS). It is also a bit more difficult to generate post-estimation variables, relative to Stata. SPSS is good for simple analyses like the various forms of regression, but it can be tricky to run diagnostics on more advanced procedures or multiple-step analyses.

SPSS also falls a bit short on the intelligibility of error codes; they can be pretty cryptic sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The biggest thing to consider when choosing a software package for a business organization is the personal preferences of the people who will be using it. Some analysts work only in SAS or R, others are fluent in Stata, and others in SPSS. You can't force an entire department to write in only one language. People who know SPSS will want to continue using it, and it's a good investment for your business to make sure your analysts can do their job comfortably.

SPSS is very useful for helping us to analyze and visualize the data that we collect every day. Data isn't useful unless you can understand the story it tells, and SPSS is generally a good way to decipher the 0s and 1s into something that you can base a decision on.

SPSS Statistics review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to use - Expensive to get"

What do you like best?

Through classes in my undergraduate and graduate degree I learned the ins and outs of SPSS. Moving into my current role, I use SPSS for small statistical analysis. Luckily I work for a university that provides the software for our use.

What do you dislike?

As I have worked with outside vendors in my position, other companies are interested in adding a statistics software to their organization but they are unable to afford the subscription for their small business. With other software out there that are cheaper or totally free, SPSS is becoming harder to stick with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are student prices that have helped many many students that I know but is there a difference in pricing for the size of an organization. If so, this should be made more clear. The price of this tool makes it challenging to continue the use when there are other products that are free and as high quality.

I have been working on marketing data to look at the difference between commuter students and on campus students. Additionally, I am analyzing the best marketing practices to reach students and convince them to attend our university.

SPSS Statistics review by User

"Powerful and effective, if used properly."

What do you like best?

PSS makes it so easy to perform complex analysis (e.g. segmenting data sets). However, I do think we underutilize SPSS and don't use it to it's fullest. This is probably due to a lack of training and understanding of it's capabilities as it can do much much more than we currently use it for.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be easier to work with as well as a better help menu to troubleshoot/answer questions. When I don't know how to do something in SPSS it is not an easy process to figure out the answer. Usually it requires a lot of confusing blogs and reading through user's posts to determine the solution instead of having a simple help menu in SPSS itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to use SPSS, really know and understand it. There is SO much that it can do but it is too often under utilized.

We are largely using SPSS to format data to use in developing crosstabs from marketing research projects. We also use SPSS when segmenting our survey data in order to perform K-means analysis and other statistical algorithms.

SPSS Statistics review by Clarence  B.
Clarence B.

"This is for Version 21"

What do you like best?

At the most simple, SPSS is able to simplify data analysis. That is a definite and I'd be hard pressed to find someone to say other wise. That is the biggest pro of the software/program. It's also secure, much more so than expected. Perhaps that's a function of the fact it is an IBM product.

What do you dislike?

Remember that there have obviously been updates, but integration and prep tools were much more difficult to be interfaced and ported in to the environment of the software's system. This was definitely true for larger files, particularly external ones with any kind of detailed encryption.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Update to the most current version.

The input and analysis of various statistical deviations. Mostly the biggest benefit has been streamlining of our operations and distribution of data. I am very happy with how that element has worked as it pertains to the tabulation of our various economic models.

Learn more about IBM SPSS Statistics

IBM SPSS Statistics Videos

Learning about IBM SPSS Statistics?

* We monitor all IBM SPSS Statistics reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.