Cinema 4D Reviews & Product Details

Cinema 4D Overview

What is Cinema 4D?

Cinema 4D Studio is the very best that MAXON has to offer for professional 3D artists. If you want to create advanced 3D graphics but need a helping hand to ensure you create jaw-dropping graphics quickly and easily, then this is the choice for you.

Cinema 4D Details

Cinema 4D Screenshots

Cinema 4D Reviews

Showing 116 Cinema 4D reviews
Already have Cinema 4D?
What do you like best?

I've utilized Cinema 4D in my business team. I was attracted to the program in light of the fact that usability. I like that it is so natural to learn and build up your abilities in the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The program albeit moderately simple to utilize can have its subtleties structure time to time. I think that its hard to find certain highlights. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is extremely valuable to include lattice maps before beginning with the demonstrating, and the program offers us numerous choices to assist us with the cycle to discover or give alternatives about the plan apparatuses that we are utilizing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since I can't move beyond doing fundamental things, I haven't had the option to take care of any genuine issues yet. I'd prefer to utilize it for type plan, mockups, and other 3D demonstrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very useful program for 3D design which offers many tools from beginners to professionals, such as the creation of UVs for the environment and contour of the graphics in the form of a board that helps the design of the modeling to transform , the creation of nodal materials when importing, modeling through vertices and animation, which give a full focus on the design, uniting all the aspects that are needed from the import on the map to the transformation in 3D that we want to achieve a spectrum in the which will be easier for us to work on the design from its transformation to the animation of the object Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Something that would be good to implement in the program is the cooperative work mode in which many users could work on the same design, which would save us a lot of work time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very useful to add grid maps before starting with the modeling, and the program offers us many options to help us with the process to find or give options about the design tools that we are using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When we proceed to work with this program, we first import what the design is to generate the maps and UVS islands so that we have the grid ready for the dimensions of the object in which we are going to modify, likewise first we activate a quick view of the modeling in order to give us an idea and work on the basics, likewise we design adding layers and until the end work only on the animation and then proceed to export the finished object Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Cinema 4D has become a very important tool for graphic designers of

today, as it is distinguished by its innovation, high customization capacity and easy

usability.

The service is distinguished by providing access through computers and Mac.

It has very useful functions such as its image editor, drag and drop, templates,

animations, 2D drawings, among other functions that allow high quality work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price of this service is extremely expensive, so it is necessary for people to have a large budget.

I believe that it is necessary to implement more documentation to help new users who acquire the service to learn more easily how the software works and thus be able to give it a more appropriate use from the beginning.

Sometimes the operation of the interface of this software has slowed down for a few seconds, I consider that it is a failure of which corrections must be made since it becomes something

quite uncomfortable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Cinema 4D as it is a highly robust software for making unique and professional designs, the high innovation provided by this service allows working with complete agility and wide performance to achieve the main objectives, personally I have to warn that the price of this service It is expensive, but due to its high quality it is worth purchasing, the experience obtained by working with Cinema 4D is excellent since it is a fairly comfortable platform. I recommend it as a great alternative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Cinema 4D as our main software to make animations to multiple videos, make edits and customizations on a large scale that allows us to provide a great experience to our audience, the software provides us with a large amount of resources that allows us to execute tasks with high professionalism, complete our main objectives and drive the growth of our business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Compared to other 3D programs I've used, Cinema 4D's user interface is much easier to get around in. The menu system is organized well and I spend less time looking for tools than I do in programs like Maya. Cinema 4D is my go to software for 3D motion graphics. The camera tracker is top notch in cinema, it has solved scenes I have struggled to get results from both Nuke and Boujou before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I prefer the physics solver in other softwares like Maya and Houdini, but Cinema's systems have improved greatly since when I first started messing around with it in 2013. For any sort of simulation I go to Houdini. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend this software for motion graphics, but it also works for any other 3D need. The camera tracker is incredible! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently I am not having any issues with Cinema. Recently I have been rendering volumes, so utilizing Cinema 4D and Redshift has been a tremendous time saver. I never touch the default render engine anymore, but using Cinema and Redshift combined is an absolute dream. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Art Director
Entertainment
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to learn. Almost everyone I have ever introduced to Cinema 4D has fallen in love with it. It's so user friendly and easy to learn and become efficient in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As far as dislikes, I would say some of the modeling tools. I wish they had more functionality. Some of the modeling tools in Maya and 3ds Max have so many great features that make modeling much faster and more efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend trying out Cinema 4D. It's such a great program for those wanting to jump into 3D. It's the easiest and most fun program to learn Also checking out the guys over at GrayscaleGorilla.com. They are such an amazing resource and community for the users of Cinema 4D. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cinema 4D solves alot of my problems for me on a daily basis. Especially when it comes to Speed and ease of use during quick turnaround projects/deadlines. Because it's easy to learn and quickly concept in the program, it allows me to also learn how to make something rather quickly as I follow along with a tutorial if I am stuck and don't know how to execute a project. The community of Cinema 4D is amazing as well. Cinema 4D has so many great tools for executing motion graphics and dynamics as well. I use that quite often and the program is extremely efficient at it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Cinema 4D is one of the best 3D software packages I have used. I like the ease of use with Cinema 4D, the software allows users to really jump in and start creating amazing content with a wide variety of tools. The provided support documentation is also another standout feature witch is integrated into the interface. I like the Cineversity content and training which is available to subscription users as well, this is a great model which few other platforms handle so well. I also find the latest additions to the rendering options to be quite intriguing, with the newly acquired redshift render now as an option to purchase along with the base subscription, users can try their hand at a GPU based rendering workflow which is completely different than what C4D has traditionally offered. I look forward to great things ahead with Cinema 4D. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish Cinema 4D had a larger user base, and more native content was available. I am constantly converting files from other 3D platforms/ formats to use with C4D, it would be nice to have access to more native content. This would speed up my workflow tremendously. There are a few modeling and texturing features which would be nice to have included in the next update for a better match to other software capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Cinema 4D to create 3D visualizations, the software allows me to quickly visualize ideas and bring them to life to help clients realize my team's creative vision. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that is pretty friendly program for one to get into 3D modeling, animation and rendering. I was able to immediately get a pretty good results and able to turnaround projects. It has really help elevate not only my personal artistic abilities, but in help the company create pretty realistic product images.

I also am please that it integrates pretty well with Adobe After Effects and Adobe Illustrator. I was able to use these programs that I am familiar with and seamlessly use it with Cinema4d which help with familiarizing myself with the program. It was also able to deal with dwg and that was a boon in creating animations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For the basics it is intuitive to get what you need done, some of the more difficult animation and effects take some time to learn and find. Thankfully there is a lot of tutorials (Cineuniversity, youtube, Lynda, and forums) makes it a great community to learn with others and make it easier to use.

Rendering time, this is a problem across all 3d programs IMO. When you use Mograph, and booles heavily it slows down the preview animation so much. I have to often merge objects into one and flatten materials to help it move in real time. I deal with this a lot not just with Cinema4d but Adobe After Effects. With more RAM, better processor, etc this can be overcome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You have to think about what is your goal using Cinema 4d. If you are doing architectural 3D, I would recommend 3Ds Max Design, if you have looking for a cost effective and you are young I would recommend Blender since it is free. If you are doing product modelling and are new to 3d, I would recommend Cinema 4d. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps in creating products images, I use to do and still do product photography. With Cinema4d I can set different environments and effects to elevate the product images. This has help not only in that regard, but in being able to go back and get the exact angle/style for different people such as engineers, product managers, and marketing are just some of it. It has really help elevate our visual marketing assets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Director
What do you like best?

As a videographer who is constantly searching for cutting edge and fresh motion gfx concepts, the easy pipeline between C4D and Adobe After Effects is perfectly positioned. It's also user-friendly and you'll find plenty of tutorials out there to help you adjust to the workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's not much to dislike. If I had to pick one thing it would be that unwrapping UV's in Cinema 4D is not very intuitive and could use some attention. That said, there are so many other functionalities that make up for the UV deficit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cinema 4D is a top-shelf solution for those working in the world of film and videography and looking for a flexible 3D platform. It's capable of creating outstanding motion gfx, but is also great for all sorts of animation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problems I'm solving are through the use of Mograph and the C4D-After Effects pipeline that allow for scaling up of animations and easy compositing. The addition of Fields over the last two iterations of C4D is a big upgrade. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

3D Developer
What do you like best?

I've used Cinema 4D since I was a sophomore in college. I was drawn to the program because the ease of use. I like how easy it is to learn and develop your skills in the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one this I dislike with the program is that there is no modifier to take a plane and extrude it. It has to be done manually. I also wish that there were more modifiers for objects to be used.

Overall the built-in renderer is lacking and needs a lot of extra work to make it look realistic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cinema 4D is a great tool to add to your 3D software list. Just be aware that if you are looking for a strong render quality, a 3rd party renderer should be considered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With my company, we build HVAC sytems for clients. It works well for us because the drafters on our teams can save projects from Revit to change it to FBX. It works well to build overall libraries to use for a uniform looked to provide to our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Motion Graphics Designer II
Animation
What do you like best?

When it comes to motion design, Cinema4D sits easily amongst the top 3D model and rendering platforms. Where other tools thrive on the perfect visualization of physical rendering, C4D soars with flying colors above the rest for motion graphics. The ease of jumping right into modeling, the efficiency of the UI, the ease of rendering dynamic simulations, all lend themselves to the overall wonderful experience of working in a 3D program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As powerful and impactful as C4D is, this tool comes at a hefty price. Thankfully and after my time in the industry, Maxon (the makers of C4D) now offers a new subscription program that reduces the overall cost to the end user - making it more accessible to hundreds of thousands of designers around the world. The only way we had access was to a small select few who could afford to shell out a few thousand dollars or have access to it via our companies/businesses. But now, it’s a great tool accessible to the masses. I’ll be happy to see what comes of this change in the years to come. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having a 3D tool that can handle a variety of workloads has been super helpful in my industry. The biggest benefit provided was the Team Render Client, a node-based rendering tool that distributes render jobs to a series of nodes. The more we build, the more powerful it becomes. There is no limit to this power and for that we are grateful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Motion designer
What do you like best?

There’s nothing more to say about Maxon’s Cinema 4D, everything has been said over the years by any kind of user, from the beginner to the expert. In Cinema 4D you can find every kind of tool you need starting from your imagination, and you know that if you want to distort reality and create new kind of imaginary worlds, you need 3D. Mograph is very powerful and procedural, I like the versatility of each tool and effector. The integration between Cinema 4D and After Effects now has been improved, so you can work with both softwares at the same time having full control of your workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not everything is procedural. Many times you need to convert objects to let them work with some other tools, and this is not so nice, since converting you can’t edit objects properties anymore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before working with Cinema 4D I was limited to 2D environments. It has changed my limits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Visual Effects Artist | VFX Supervisor | Digital Compositor
What do you like best?

C4D is a very versatile software and at the same time it is very intuitive and easy to use even for who approach it for the first time. In addition the R21 introduces a lot of great features for animation and modelin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t appreciate the new pricing policy that force user to pay monthly for a non competitive price compared to the perpetual license. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You must consider it because you can avoid to waste time learning how to do something and just do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

C4C allowed me to switch form 2D animation to 3D Motion Graphics improving my daily workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UD
What do you like best?

Cinema4D is so remarkably well-rounded. The mograph/spline tools are a huge timesaver. Volumetric modeling is killer. The bundled physical renderer gets the job done. It's a jack-of-all-trades sort of thing. There are other pieces of software that do the indivdual jobs better, but C4D is able to do everything in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Previously, Cinema4D had four different packages -- Cinema4D Prime, Cinema4D Broadcast, Cinema4D Studio, and Cinema4D Visualize. Combined with the annual releases it was super confusing. Now there's just one SKU and a recurring subscription. I'm not a huge fan of having the subscription model for software, but it makes more sense than buying a new license every year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Have you ever had to crank out dozens of unique creatives for editorial use? C4D is a lifesaver for this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Photographer
Entertainment
Lucas B
What do you like best?

This is an amazing tool for an imaginary person, if you can't think good enough for a scene this application gives you zero help. But on the other hand with Cinema 4D you can make the most good looking scenes for any use you want. You want a nice scene for your small indie game? try this! You want to create a world from your imagination? Then use this! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly the bad things about this program are just because of your lack of imagination, the tools are perfectly placed. The only thing I can think of is just I wish there would have been more courses to learn this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can create my own world! what more can I say honestly? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Animation Supervisor
What do you like best?

Cinema 4D is packed with tools and options. It is 100% customizable and you can choose your screen layout entirely. Besides the physics tools, the spline tools are by far my favorite. Also, the sculpting layout is perfect for building characters/scenes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cinema 4D is a lot, and that may partake in its learning curve. I've been using C4D for a few years now, and still I don't know everything about it. I seem to discover new things every week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're considering getting Cinema 4D, I would recommend first applying for a free trial, since what you get might not be what you're expecting. It's a complex, professional program for large-(and small)scale projects, and is not made for beginners. That said, keep that in mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've used Cinema 4D on numerous projects, both commercial and personal, and I personally like it better than Blender or Maya. It's just much more straightforward to me. If you pair C4D with Adobe After Effects and Davinci Resolve or Nuke, you can start to make magic happen. CGI in live-action is super easy with all these programs combined. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the outcome of Cinema4d. The work produced with it is stunning and unlike the work created in any other program I've seen before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've tried multiple times to get started over the past few years to get into Cinema 4d. I'm very proficient in the adobe programs and I've been accessing it through after effects. A few years ago, I even had a teacher give our class an introduction. Because I didn't have much need for it then I forgot about it. The past couple days, I've been brushing off the dust and reintroducing myself. It's very hard for a beginner. The program gives no tutorial for beginners so I've been using YouTube videos. I'm following ok, but there's so many little details that I get lost with that make me frustrated. It doesn't seem user friendly to me at all. The interface itself is very dark and intimidating. I'm having trouble understanding what's selected, where to start, what the possibilities are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understand the very basics first. Also, be aware that even though you can access it through an Adobe program it does not have any of the Adobe UI/UX. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Because I can't get past doing basic things, I haven't been able to solve any real problems yet. I'd like to use it for type design, mockups, and other 3D modeling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Videomaker & Video Editor
What do you like best?

user friendly interface, simple use of the objects and functions, intuitive approach at the begin Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software is cumbersome for all 3D modeling functions and too complicated when you to adapt textures to objects with mashes from other softwares Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Following few tutorials you can easily start to make interesting 3D animations. Easy to learn and powerful with countless features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With the ability to dialogue with software such as After Effect I was able to integrate 3D animations into my projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

Cinema 4D is a great program for beginners. It was very easy for me to learn the majority of tools used within this program. The interface is great and the ability to model 3D items is done with ease. I have created many introductions using this program and the tools within it are amazing. I have even downloaded plugins for Cinema 4D which have improved the software vastly. I have been able to utilise the program to get the most out of it. You have access to several views of the model you are looking at. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The things I may have disliked about this program is sometimes the rendering process. Other than that sometimes the program may crash but within the interface I have not really found any problems. If there was any more complaints I'd say the price may have been heavy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend others to look into Cinema 4D highly. There are other programs on the market but this simple software appears to be the best in my personal opinion. I don't believe the competitors have reached a level such as Cinema 4D. For all your 3D animation needs I would definitely use Cinema 4d. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cinema 4D has made my 3D modelling skills great. I was a beginner at the start, but slowly I have become better and better.

The ease of creating 3D models provides a great base for creating and editing animations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Motion Graphics Designer
Design
What do you like best?

Mograph and clone features are amazing. It facilitates my workflow Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I hope if Maxon buys any of the new render engines such Arnold, Red Shift.. or makes its own Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sure Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

3D Motion Graphics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Click-Through Messiah
Internet
What do you like best?

The stimulus that the creativity of a person receives is amazing. It's a software that lets you create everything, from 3D texts to very realistic animations. It's easy to use and there are a lot of commands. There's the possibility to create materials, objects, moving cameras and lightings for making your 3D project as realistic as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The program is very heavy. For making it work greatly there are some PC requirements which are not economically easy to gain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I suggest to get a good graphic card and a fast processor before starting to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've realized a lot of basic 3D animations and I sold them, so I made some money. I learned a lot about the computer creations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Director
Broadcast Media
What do you like best?

I'm really loving the new volume modeling, fields, and node-based material creation. Maxon does a great job of updating the software on an annual basis. There's also a robust and healthy community of C4D users who contribute great tutorials and help solve animation problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I guess the UV unwrapping component of the software is my least favorite aspect. It's difficult to achieve the unwrapping that can be accomplished with some third party software. I really wish that Maxon would address this component in near-future upgrades. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can heartily recommend Cinema 4D for those in search of high-end motion graphics, especially when it comes to quick and easy logo creation and animation. Cinema 4D is also growing in the realm of organic modeling, especially with the introduction of volume modeling. The Mograph component of Cinema 4D elevates it above other 3D platforms when it comes to quick and easy logo/video open creation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to add true 3D graphics to our video production pipeline elevates us over competing companies. We've been able to address some specific video project requests through the use of 3D animations created in Cinema 4D to the great satisfaction of our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I really enjoy utilizing Cinema 4D. I feel the product is user friendly and has been a joy both to implement and to use in practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The program although relatively easy to use can have its nuances form time to time. I find it difficult to locate certain features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think the pricing strategy needs to be reworked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cinema 4D has allowed me to overcome barriers in videoing and has allowed me to better connect with my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Very user friendly software. On the whole exceptionally stable. New subscription offer is good value for new customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The core product needs several plugins to compete with other 3D apps, including a renderer. Large numbers of objects can really slow it down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mograph helps me get rigs done quickly. Mixamo integration makes character work much quicker. I love using takes and tokens to organise my pipeline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Architect
What do you like best?

Content creation computer generated imagery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike about this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

highly recommended for the advanced user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Animation is smoother than other software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Cinema 4D?