BitPay Reviews & Product Details

What is BitPay?

A payment gateway that fits right in. A powerful API, 7 ready-made libraries, plugins for 22 e-commerce solutions, and instant integration into the world’s best e-commerce web services.

BitPay Profile Details

1-19 of 19 total BitPay reviews

BitPay Reviews

1-19 of 19 total BitPay reviews
Cloud programmer

"A simple and easy to use platform for payments"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a simple and very easy to use platform, it is very useful to manage payments through BitCoin, in the company it is used for the payment of suppliers and payments of services that have been outsourced through the internet. It is an excellent platform, with applications for PC and smartphone. It is also very useful to send Bitcoin to Skrill. I also like the possibility of buying gift cards as amazon gift cards from Bitcoin, it's really good.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that transactions tend to take a long time, possibly it can be by the bitcoin network. Also when creating the account do not ask for mail or password, but on the website if you require to access, this causes confusion in new users, since they may be a bit lost in the use of the platform

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I fully recommend this software since it has been very useful for the payment and hiring of personnel and suppliers, in addition the bitcoin exchange is very safe and the wallet also has good security feature. I also recommend it to be able to own this wallet on any device, be it the company's PC, a tablet or smartphone

It is widely used in the company for payments to suppliers that are outside our borders, making payment faster in other countries. It also helped us to expand the programming team, since some programmers are from abroad and their payments are sent to them with this platform

Trainer/Instructor
Investment Management

"I lost $700 from double billing and Bitpay failed to respond for 6 months - never again!"

What do you like best?

It's a pretty blue card. I have to use 40 characters minimum but I can't find one good thing that I like about this company at this time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike Bitpay's unwillingness to stand with the customer when I have been double billed for charges made. No response on emails, no information when calling in, and no one knows anything. Finally after 6 months of trying to get the double billings corrected (over $700) Bitpay charged me a non activity fee while I waited to get my funds refunded to my account. After 6 months they said I could not get refunded because too much time had passed. NEVER AGAIN. Run from these people as fast as you can! They do NOT stand with their clients if someone double bills your account.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Run for your life. If your Bitcoin is not safe inside their system, and if they allow a company to double bill you or run a charge that you didn't authorize, and if they will not stand with you, will not communicate to you, and will allow 6 months of water to go under the bridge on multiple transactions before finally letting you know that they're keeping the money and not reimbursing you - because too much time has passed .... you need to find a competent company that actually works for you and protects your interests.

Nothing solved. I am finished with this company. It's too expensive to work with a company that can't communicate or do basic credit card services with clients.

"They blocked every transaction attempt and then listed those BLOCKED attempts as "invoices" to block"

What do you like best?

There is really nothing to like about this company. Astounding incompetence that appears to run all the way to the top.

What do you dislike?

The incompetents at Bitpay are blaming me for their incompetence and their convoluted system that blocks valid transactions without cause. The incompetent tech Dana threatened "Additionally, we reserve the right to close your account if you continue to handle issues in this matter."

They blocked every transaction attempt and then listed those BLOCKED attempts as "invoices" to block future attempts. All I did was put some bitcoin into the wallet and then TRY to transfer it to USD. When it failed I tried again the next day. After a couple of days I transferred my BTC away and ended up losing about $2000 because Bitpay blocked me from selling.

I also noticed that the value that bitpay wallet assigns to your BTC is substantially LOWER than market value according to Google

We dropped Bitpay from our website because of distrust of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Run as fast as you can

I lost about $2000 because of the failure of their software to work properly. There support is astoundingly incompetent

Senior ETL Developer
(10,001+ employees)

"BITPAY REVIEW"

What do you like best?

The best thing is that Bitpay allows you to post as many custom parameters as you like.

BitPay offers several advantages including flat-rate pricing, guaranteed exchange rates, daily bank settlements, and an option for importing bitcoin sales into Quick Books. Bitpay is 100% merchant solution that provides reputable and affordable service.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is affordable. It prevents your payment data from hackers and excellent option for businesses who accepts bitcoin for payment.

Bitcoin market is volatile and bit pay guarantees the exchange rate during checkout. We provide services to international customers and Bit pay allows payment instructions to be presented in English and ten additional languages. Easy integration. We can set up their payment gateways quickly,

Bitcoin Trader

"BitPay Card is accepted by the Visa payment gateway."

What do you like best?

This platform allows you to accept payments from users anywhere. You can also get Bitcoin payments directly into your bank account and your preferred currency to avoid fluctuations in prices.

What do you dislike?

BitPay platform is safe and secure, but there are usually problems like customer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

BitPay is a Bitcoin payment service where users can access a card(BitPay Card) in addition to using business-based services.

The platform is working with a Visa payment gateway, which allows its users to use a BitPay card to perform transactions on all ATMs connected to this network.

"BitPay - Paying Securely"

What do you like best?

BitPay is a fantastic service. BitPay offers the ability to accept bitcoin payments for your business, securely store bitcoin using their service - one can create a bitcoin wallet with BitPay - and you can spend your bitcoins anywhere as BitPay allows the ability to turn your bitcoins into dollars. BitPay is fast and overall secure with zero down time or maintenance issues. It is definitely worth giving ago, compared to other Bitcoin services out there today. However due to certain issues, I am no longer a user of BitPay.

What do you dislike?

Although BitPay is overall fantastic in many departments that it has, there is one particular thing I dislike of it. The UI on the mobile app is very un-intuitive. The design needs an overhaul and to provide the user with ease of accessibility. For this, I am no longer a user of BitPay.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely give it ago, even if you have doubt in it failing. BitPay offers great functionality and security and support - their support is fantastic so if you do have a problem you can be assured that it will be solved.

BitPay opens the door to solve many business problems. BitPay enables the ability to open your business to many more customers as it enables customers to pay in Bitcoin. BitPay enables you to accept business payments easily and securely. BitPay has also allowed the problem of keeping track of payments and financial things, disappear. It is phenomenal to think that a service like this can solve such big problems in a business environment.

CEO

"Exceptional way to pay and receive Bitcoins."

What do you like best?

Bitcoin is a bunch of data, isn't actually money but, people on the Internet uses it like a medium to get paid internationally. There are many ways to get this done well but Bitpay offers a simple and friendly interface to the user as well a way to invoicing, calculate in real-time price in almost all the currencies out there, integration with mobile and a large list of features.

What do you dislike?

There is not actually something that I dislike about Bitpay. Being extremely honest, I don't like fees in my payments, The fee in Bitpay is really small, the free plan is great and the Pro plan just has a 1% fee, is almost nothing but as I said, being extremely honest, I'm Scrooge.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Receiving payments in bitcoins is a lot better than in PayPal: lowers fees and faster. Bitpay helps you handle that.

Payments, international Payments.

Owner
Sporting Goods
(Myself Only)

"The best Bitcoin Transaction processor for any business"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love bitpay. It is very easy to use, very easy to set up, the fees are extremely low, and they are very fast at getting you your money.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how high the withdrawal threshold is, considering how scarce bitcoin transactions are in my business, and the POS app is horrendous

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is great, support is there to help as well, and are really good at what they do.

Allows my business to accept bitcoin transactions, resulting in accessing a niche market, and gaining sales.

Technology Consultant
Telecommunications
(10,001+ employees)

"Basic bitcoin wallet"

What do you like best?

Works great for transferring bitcoins to a bitpay debit card.

What do you dislike?

I’m not quite sure that they have reputable customer service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an all-in-one app that requires very little training for employees to understand.

While I originally downloaded it for personal finances, I have recently started to use it for payment gateways at work and have been loving the ease of use and instant payments with receipts.

"Very simple bitcoin payment processor"

What do you like best?

I totally cherish bitpay. It is anything but difficult to utilize, simple to set up, the expenses are to a great degree low, and they are quick at getting you your cash.

What do you dislike?

I don't care for how high the withdrawal edge is, considering how rare bitcoin exchanges are in my business, and the POS application is very very bad

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Getting installments in bitcoins is a great deal superior to in PayPal: brings down charges and quicker.

I utilize bitpay to handle bitcoin exchanges that I can then exchange to my bitcoin wallet

Service Desk Supervisor
Higher Education

"Great payment processor "

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy and reliable, they were one of the first to offer bitcoin payments.

What do you dislike?

The fees are a little off sometimes. I find it a little higher then it should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When using this product make sure you are sending to the correct address! Always check twice.

Paying for items with Bitcoin.

Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Best API Payment Gateway!!"

What do you like best?

Customized Button good for Fundraising and Online funding system as well, Secure payment and quick service.

What do you dislike?

So far Nothing all is going on well with me, may be later,

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Bitpay is the best API payment gateway which can alow you to receive payments direct to your account through your online store,

Fundraising has never been easy since some donors needs proper documentation before putting in their funds and through Bitpay i we are able to make it happen.

Assistant Production Management Executive
Apparel & Fashion

"Great solution for those using next generation currency!"

What do you like best?

I love that it gives an easy to use option for everyone using Bitcoin to manage their next level currency. Very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Not much to really complain about. Just like all newer products they need a little bit of tweaking but that just comes with time. In general, i love using it.

I have been doing lots of Valve trading, gambling and selling and selling high end digital content I needed a secure easy to use method to take BitCoin payment. This solved that problem, and then some!

IT Analyst

"Was able to easily transfer bitcoin from my other wallet to BitPay"

What do you like best?

Could easily transfer bitcoins from my other wallet to BitPay

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I have observed as of now.

I was able to make payment using Bitcoin easily from this wallet as compared to my older one

(Myself Only)

"Great stress free option for accepting Bitcoin"

What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to use, cheapers than credit cards, brings you new customers, and immediately converts bitcoins to cash.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the minimum for withdrawals if fairly high.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The best option for accepting bitcoin

It allowed me to accept bitcoin on my site worry free, and bring in new customers.

Educador

"Exelent"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Really good program. My coworkers really appreciate it and liked

What do you dislike?

Really good programs at the moment we don't find anything we don't like

Everything is more easy.

Co-Founder
Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"A Simple Bitcoin Payment Processor"

What do you like best?

Free plan processes 30 transactions a month. Easy to set up and integrate.

What do you dislike?

Low annual limits without verification of identity.

I use bitpay to process bitcoin transactions that I can then transfer to my bitcoin wallet.

"Bitpay"

What do you like best?

I like the fast and simple way to spend my crypto

What do you dislike?

No dislike. I like this overall project as a whole.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try for sure.

None

AC

"a very simple bitcoin pament processor"

What do you like best?

bitpay makes accepting bitcoin very simple and has a super easy app interface.

What do you dislike?

the conversion from bitcoin to cash has a very difficult and long verification process.

accepting bitcoin allows any business to appeal to a whole new customer base and gain support from the bitcoin community.

BitPay Pricing