Acronis Disk Director

4.0

A powerful and easy-to-use tool for managing disks and volumes. With a comprehensive set of operations, you can organize your hard disk and volume configuration for optimal performance, while keeping your data safe.

Work for Acronis Disk Director?

Learning about Acronis Disk Director?

Acronis Disk Director Reviews

Showing 12 Acronis Disk Director reviews
Armando R.

" Acronis disk director, powerful tool in the installation and manage partitions of hard disks."

What do you like best?

Highlights its great ease of use and great performance in the creation and deletion of partitions, redistribution of space between partitions, as well as the revision and copying of them when installing a new disk of greater capacity in the equipment. It is also very useful in the diagnosis of some problems in the structure of disk partitions which helps in the prevention of data loss

What do you dislike?

As a hard disk management tool, I see limited possibilities for reviewing and recovering information on disks that have flaws for access to information, making it necessary to use other applications that involve the use of greater resources and time for the solution of the problems presented

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent application for the installation and configuration of hard disks and the management of your partitions, but you must be very sure when proceeding with the execution of the actions since you can lose valuable information if not handled with care. The options of formatting and changing partitions could be complicated to recover, requiring additional applications and a longer working time

Technical support, installation transfer of complete systems to new disks. cloning and quick installation for multiple equipment with the same features, saving a lot of time

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Acronis Disk Director
Richard C. B.

"Very useful tool for hard disk management."

What do you like best?

This tool is essential to organize all types of hard drives in different partitions, creating new practices with a couple of clicks, one of the features that I appreciate most of this application, is the option to recover lost volumes, this tool is a great help, when there are problems starting windows, since it can recover files that have been eliminated, for some reason, and affect the full operation of the computer, the creation of volumes is also essential, since it can be created instantaneously, it facilitates the work, when you need to move files from different locations within the computer, the option to extend or reduce volumes is also fantastic, this allows me to "play" with the characteristics of hard drives, for any type of task I need.

What do you dislike?

Is an application that is oriented to professionals, since some features may not be so easy to handle, and if you do not know anything about how this works, you will damage your hard drives.

Something that has happened to me, and I do not like it at all, is when large copies are made, the application is frozen, I have already lost some of my time with this, it is not possible that if you are making a backup, the application is frozen, this should not happen, and it happens, when they usually make copies of information, with great weight.

by creating different partitions of hard drives, you can take a more complete order of things, creating small partitions, for different jobs, which allows faster access to all kinds of information, without creating a chaos with folders, in different places inside windows.

What Hard Drive Cloning solution do you use?

suresh s.

"Easy Disk partitioning using Acronis Disk Director"

What do you like best?

This is an incredible application that causes you handle every one of your tasks concerning hard drive the executives. It is the one with the goal that you have to oversee appropriately the assets of your hard drive just as to make a decent situating and volume fragmentation as you like. Despite everything it has all the copper capacities that you have to oversee and compose your hard drive in a way that is extremely organized.

What do you dislike?

Support for modern drives like SSD is not extensive .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Acronis Disk Director 12 is extremely prominent among PC clients everywhere throughout the world. The plate the board programming from Acronis closes hearty highlights including hard circles association and volumes setup, which plans to accomplish the best execution.

we use it for the information that is harmed by viruses or different causes. we can reestablish the whole partition with a couple of snaps

Colin O.

"Easy to use time (and sometimes life) saver!"

What do you like best?

Disk Director, has helped me clone several machines for deployment around our studio, both as new machines and with upgrades from HDD to SSD, and it's worked like a charm each time! We use it for occasional timed backups, and it works great for that too!

What do you dislike?

I use Disk Director from a Windows VM on my Mac (because the Mac is my primary machine), and have had some issues with the formatting of new drives via the Windows OS, but I'm still not sure if this is an issue with macOS, Windows, or Disk Director. Once everything gets formatted properly, it all just works exactly as I need it as I mentioned above.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would absolutely recommend Disk Director as a great Windows disk clone tool for IT professionals!

We clone and deploy Windows computers as Zoom Rooms computers across our boardrooms and Disk Director allows us to do it very very easily.

"My experience with acronis disk director"

What do you like best?

very powerful and complete software, which allows you to manage your hard drives in a very easy way, you can resize even if the disk has an operating system, create partitions and eliminate without problems, assign and modify letters to the units, hide partitions, option of very useful to keep hidden data without risk of loss, and has integrated a great utility to analyze and correct errors in the disk very efficient.

What do you dislike?

ometimes the boot application does not recognize the usb disks, and it is also limited to manage partitions for linux and macOS, although it is very efficient in windows environment

Recommendations to others considering the product:

practice first with empty hard drives or without important data, until you can master the tool well, to avoid loss of information or damage to your system

thanks to this tool and been able to solve many problems on disk drives that are not recognized by the operating system, and when the system does not allow me to format or resize partitions, I can do it very easily using acronis, extremely useful when I have to reinstall a operating system and I have no backup unit or previous partition created, with the application I can split the disk and use available space to create a partition for the backup of the data.

Charles H.

"Acronis Disk Director - "

What do you like best?

I like that Acronis Disk Director can restore boot records, repair files and folder structures, convert GPT disks to MBR as well as support to copy or move contents of mirrored volumes to a spanned volume. Support for creating basic and dynamic volumes works for us as we are constantly creatin dynamic volumes. Further, we like that we can explore volume data before we can perform operations.

What do you dislike?

So far, I have nothing to dislike about Acronis Disk director.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its the go to software if you are looking for a partition manager

We are able to partion disks for different purposes in our organization and this helps us find information rather quickly as its organized in partions that are easy to find.

UA
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Fit for Purpose"

What do you like best?

The software works as advertised. Setting up several new machines and the need to duplicate drives, this is the answer to everything. Makes the clones bootable without additional steps with the Windows DVD/USB. Also works well in resizing partitions, cloning drives and managing the storage spaces.

What do you dislike?

Online registration of the product can be a hassle where the registration website did not work for a few hours on a particular day. A mandatory reboot after install is a tedious thing when using this software. Took the extra time to finish the job and when you have multiple drives, the waiting time just keep on increasing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great suite of utilities for those interested in setting up and organizing their data on a separate drive letter, installing another operating system, partitioning, repartitioning, reorganizing or wanting a little extra insurance in case of disaster strikes. The software is useful for existing True Image users when it comes to reducing the time and media required to create a backup.

Installing, reinstalling, partitioning, repartitioning multiple drives on multiple computers and laptops.

Morgan D.

"Powerful tool."

What do you like best?

I had a disk that was formatted for a MAC computer and I wanted to re-partition it and format it for a PC.

What do you dislike?

I was unable to partition it. I had to find a Mac computer and format the disk there as a PC disk and then I could change the format with Acronis Disk Director 12. I was looking for something more like Partition magic and this didn't do what I wanted. If the disk is already formatted for a PC, there are a lot of things you can do with it, but it did not solve the problem I had.

Re-partition and formatting.

Andy S.

"HD cloning"

What do you like best?

It was so simple to install and get running. The menus are clean and simple. You won’t have to look everywhere for the imaging tools.

What do you dislike?

The cloning took a long time to complete on a 2 TB hard drive. It may be the age of my laptop but it was slower than I expected.

No problems really other than the time it takes to clone. Benefits are tremendous since we can pop the same image on any PC we need to.

"Lots of options, not the most intuitive"

What do you like best?

This software has a ton of options for the user to choose from. If you know what you're doing, you can do a lot with this tool. It even has bootable media options so that you can wipe and format disks without needing an OS

What do you dislike?

Documentation is slim in-app. Requires going to the internet to find out more. Not the best if you're booting into a session without internet connectivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to keep a second computer or printed manual available.

This tool aids in erasing, formatting, and other general disk (hard and solid state) activities.

AC
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Best in class software"

What do you like best?

What is not to like. This software will do everything you need. Memory capacity is great. GUI is simple and lots of tools.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to use on multiple computers. Also, no remote server use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a single tool for cloning this is an amazing tool. Be aware the lack of remote use.

Moving OS from one drive to another with ease and no worries. Scripts work well with this software.

C

"Reliable Intuitive Backup Resource"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to backup and create/maintain multiple images as we have 40 workstations

What do you dislike?

I would like an internal tool to create a knowledgebase of features from the imaged machines.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a trusted name in backup software....worth the investment.

The ability to create multiple images in a timely structured manner

Learning about Acronis Disk Director?

* We monitor all Acronis Disk Director reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.