Neon CRM Reviews & Product Details

What is Neon CRM?

Raise more, save precious staff time, and focus on your mission's impact. We'll do the rest. NeonCRM is the most robust cloud-based CRM database built specifically for nonprofit organizations. At the core, NeonCRM is a relationship-focused fundraising and membership system. Additionally, NeonCRM empowers nonprofit organizations to raise more revenue through automation, while helping staff streamline day-to-day processes within one truly connected platform. This enables organizations to have their most important information in one dedicated system, accessible from any internet connection. Plus, Neon's online forms integrate easily with any website, auto feed information directly to NeonCRM, and allow for real-time credit card processing and recurring payments with unbeatable rates. Offline fundraising options are not sacrificed with powerful mailing list queries, mail merge tools, and easy to use batch donation entry features -- all included at no additional cost. NeonCRM is an industry leading, scalable platform for nonprofit organizations of all sizes. NeonCRM was built specifically for nonprofits in need of strong relationship management to facilitate increased personal engagement via a truly connected CRM. Neon also offers an in-house Web Studio that builds custom or out-of-the-box websites with nonprofit best practices in mind. Our Studio builds all websites using the #1 website platform in the world, Wordpress. Plus, we have developed the deepest integration between Wordpress and a CRM in the nonprofit sector, ensuring your website and your data are fully synchronized at all times.

Neon CRM Screenshots

Neon CRM Reviews

1-47 of 47 total Neon CRM reviews

Neon CRM Reviews

1-47 of 47 total Neon CRM reviews

"Leaves a lot to be desired"

What do you like best?

It performs the basic functions one needs to keep track of donations and to do reporting.

What do you dislike?

It really seems to be designed for a small organizations that do most of their fundraising online. It’s really not designed for organizations that are using a traditional moves-management or advancement model. Tracking donor interactions is clunky. There are also a lot of data editing functions that they require you to hire Neon to do (instead of allowing end users to do) including batch edits of donation records, batch deletions, etc.

Additionally any online gift made where a donor does not sign in to a previously created profile (which most do not) creates a duplicate constituent record requiring regular duplicate record searches and record merges. Unfortunately, the duplicate search function is inconsistent and depending on which menu is used to access it, it will find different numbers of duplicate records.

We are able to keep track of all of our donations and donor contact information.

Communications Director
Environmental Services

"Versatile program that does a lot!"

What do you like best?

I love that Neon is cloud-based, so we can access it from anywhere, whether working at home, out in the field, or in the office. I also like that it performs so many functions -- we use it to manage memberships, receive and track donations, register people for events, and do social fundraising. When you look up a constituent's record, you can easily see all the events that s/he has attended, the donations they've made, and if their membership is current as well as other info.

What do you dislike?

Because it covers so many functions, it probably doesn't do any single function as well as a stand-along program would. For instance, I suspect that stand-along social fundraising software might offer us more bells and whistles than Neon. But as a small non-profit, we don't jave the budget or staff to purchase and manage a bunch of different programs. So Neon works well for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although Neon is generally easy to use, I would recommend making the time upfront to really learn the system. Whoever will be your lead user should spend a week taking all the training webinars.

In addition, if you have the budget for it, I would suggest hiring a Neon consultant for a couple of days to show you how to use it most effectively.

This isn't necessary. We didn't do it, and it's certainly possible to get going without a consultant. But it's always easier learning from an actual person sitting beside you than from a Help file or a webinar. It would gave made our transition smoother and more efficient if we'd done that.

Membership tracking and renewal

Donations and donor tracking

Event registration

Social fundraising

We are able to manage registration for events much more easily than in the past. We offer more classes than in the past, and registration is seamless with Neon.

Managing Director
Environmental Services

"Neon provides the functionality with great customer service"

What do you like best?

It's a toss up between the reporting and the customer service. Neon has vast reporting capabilities. While it takes some time to develop expertise in pulling the right information, you can really report on any breadth and depth of data. We use Neon in so many customized ways to fit and expand what we can do and track.

Neon's customer service is also excellent. They have a live chat feature I use all the time, and they consistently respond to client requests with frequent updates.

What do you dislike?

There are occasional blips with functionality, but nothing major. Two problem areas have been the ability to customize our donate form and proliferation of duplicates, but Neon is working on/has already solved these issues for us.

I have only ever used Neon, but I absolutely love it. We can record so much useful information about our donors and volunteers and report on it easily. I love the integration with Mailchimp and that donations are automatically processed from our website into our CRM. It is becoming an ever-more-useful tool.

Accounting

"Neon has been a great product for our small non-profit ministry!"

What do you like best?

We are a small non-profit ministry and the bottom line is usually our biggest concern. Neon was able to fulfill our needs and most of our desires for a donor database program and not kill our budget! As a small but growing ministry, the fact that Neon will grow with us, was a big deal for us.

The communication with Neon is great. When I have a question that I can't find the answer to, I just submit it online and they always respond quickly. I usually don't have to wait more than a day or two for my issue to be completely resolved.

Our conversion process was very quick and virtually 'painless'. The importing tool they have is fairly easy to use and with the implementation team at my disposal, it went very easily.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if the reporting programs would allow for more creativity and flexibility in printing directly from the program. Neon users need to be able to use and manipulate data within Excel in order to create comprehensive and good looking reports. For those with that skill, you can get pretty much anything you need out of the system - it just limits the user that isn't 'Excel savvy'.

We weren't able to bring over our account 'notes' when we converted to NEON. It was a nuisance, but not a show stopper.

We needed an easy way that multiple users at a time could inquire, update and post to donor records. Neon's cloud based system made it easy. Anywhere our development team is, if they have access to the internet, they can get to the database. We were also able to use Neon for our event planning and registration. This allowed us to NOT have to use another, 3rd party system to put our data into. It has made registration and dealing with sponsors much easier than before.

Director of Technology

"Close to Utopia for a Non-profit CRM"

What do you like best?

Cloud-based database! What a relief to have someone else managing the server and software. Really lowers the cost of total ownership on a database system. The development team is regularly providing updates and improvements. In our old database it would take our consultants months to make one improvement.

Additionally, they have several built in tokens, (fields that are generated from within the database, like Last Donation Amount, or Last Fiscal Year Donation Total) which are extremely useful. They can be used within the system to communicate both with staff and also with the constituent.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is not much I dislike. One shortcoming if you could call it that is in the reporting. Whereas I appreciate the complexity of reporting the only option for making a report presentable at meetings is to export it into Excel and then establish the report headings and table formats. There is no option to print a report styled document within Neon.

Unable to use custom fields in several key areas. For example, being able to send out system generated letters, either email or snail mail, that contain custom fields. The only viable method to complete this activity is to export the data through a report and use Excel and Word to generate the letters.

Our organization uses volunteer very heavily. They are a critical aspect of the mission services we provide. There is very little tracking available. We've been able to create new fields to cover our need, but there is little structure within the system to do anything other than record their time and expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I've been very impressed with Neon's business. They are committed to helping non-profits. They offer training videos and a knowledge base of articles on how to do just about everything I've ever asked them. If I can't find the article myself, I send over a support request and get the article link very quickly. Usually, less than one day.

Our organization had a problem with the old system we were using. Not only were new features hard to implement, upgrades to the backend system were not getting done. We were at the point where we need to update the server and desktop software and were running into compatibility difficulties with the various desktop operating systems. Now all the desktops work with the database. And even have some limited functions on smartphones.

"Neon is Helping Us Better Care for Our Partners"

What do you like best?

The ability to maintain a detailed record of our communications and interactions with our partners has allowed us to better care for and thank them. It allows us to see what they have given to, thank them specifically, and tailor our invitations to projects that they would be interested in supporting.

What do you dislike?

We had hoped for the ability to customize the Volunteer module more. Our volunteers don't volunteer for specific projects, but for different volunteer roles in our programs, and it's hard to reflect that in Neon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Neon takes a bit of a learning curve. However, because of all features and ability to capture information, it's totally worth learning! Something simpler may be quicker to learn, but it wouldn't offer as many features and tools.

For fundraising, the Campaigns feature has allowed us to create specific donation forms for different campaigns. This helped us ensure that our partners' gifts went to the programs and projects they specifically wanted to support! It has also helped our fundraising efforts be more efficient and specialized. It's nice when a partner wants to give to a particular project, and when they click to give, the form has the name of that specific project! It builds trust and offers transparency.

Executive Administrative Asssistant
Higher Education

"Yes! for Neon CRM for Non-Profits"

What do you like best?

We have had Neon CRM for 19 months now, and it has been a great experience. The program itself has been simple to use and is meeting our needs so far. What I like best is the customer service when I do have a question. The support team is quick to respond, friendly and professional, and have always been able to answer my questions and solve my problems.

What do you dislike?

The outward appearance of Neon CRM looks a little outdated to me. Very functional, but could be updated looks wise.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There might be other software that is fancier, but Neon meets the basic needs and more for non-profits at a very reasonable price.

Membership management. Every day I am able to see where we are at with membership this year, compared to where we were at with membership the previous year on that day. Very helpful!

"NEON covers multiple uses for small nonprofits"

What do you like best?

I like the cloud-based function that allows me to access it from anywhere and the how easy it is to learn. I was only trained on how to use it once and navigating the program on my own has been uncomplicated. I also like that in one place we can keep track of membership, collect payments, and manage events.

What do you dislike?

The search function has been inconsistent at times. Sometimes I have to search in multiple ways (by organization name, leader name, first name or only last name) to find what I'm looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's very easy to use, so if you don't have extensive training, take time periodically to go through it and figure out how it works.

Being able to keep track of membership, payments, events, and being able to search the history of any particular organization that sends people to our events.

Membership & Sponsorship Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Wonderful Solution for Growing Nonprofit"

What do you like best?

The accessibility for our members to access all event registrations, the member directory and fluidity to share information is wonderful. The constituent login reflects the look and feel of our website, providing a consistent brand.

The direct link with Mail Chimp is extremely helpful and has reduced the amount of staff time for running reports in excel and uploading into a mass mail provider.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the Member Directory was a bit more editable with colors and fonts and fields. However, the basics are covered and that is primarily what our members are looking for.

The time in streamlining membership renewals has decreased ten fold. The reports are generated through Neon and letters can be mail merged directly from the system. By using Neon's system our membership renewal's have increased.

Owner and Agent
Insurance
(10,001+ employees)

"Great for Non-profits!"

What do you like best?

This system has helped us grow our non-profit and manage our database of event attendees, donors & sponsors. Everything we used prior to was very manual and labor intensive. Neon now allows us to reach a large audience and the push of a few buttons.

What do you dislike?

This has nothing to do with Neon; we only use the system for our one annual fundraiser. This means that we are not in the system very often, so it is easy to forget how to navigate. However, there are plenty of videos and FAQ's to get us back on track.

Less labor intensive tasks & reaching more people. We also don't have to worry about cash & checks at the events since we are linked into Paypal through Neon.

Manager of National Operations and Programs
Higher Education

"Not intuitive"

What do you like best?

It is very robust and pretty much anything you have thought of, they have already incorporated

What do you dislike?

This is not the easiest to use application. I am quite computer literate and I find this app a bit tedious. There is a pretty steep learning curve

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If there is training available, I would consider scheduling it for those who will need to use the app

It tracks our donors, the people who come to our events and the donations we receive. It does automatically send thank you letters out to our donor base.

Civic & Social Organization

"The right software every non profit needs to take their fundraising to the next level."

What do you like best?

We can do everything regarding fundraising, volunteers, reporting and events in one software package. It is very user friendly and the set up and transition to Neon was incredibly efficient. Being able to use it on a PC, tablet or smartphone has allowed us the flexibility we need in reaching our donors and working fundraising events. The knowledgeable people at Neon and their willingness to help has made the move to Neon even more worthwhile. You feel like the team at Neon are partners in helping our non profit succeed in our goals. My personal favorite feature that I like is the donors being able to create their own account in the Neon system, where they can see their donation history and setup, manage and make recurring donations. This has helped us more than double our online recurring giving.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting could have more choices in what is included in that report.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a live demo and ask questions, Neon will win you over with their knowledge, support and their desire for you to succeed in your goals. We had 4 people on the team evaluating new crm's and it was unanimous for Neon when the live demo was complete.

We have been able to better track our donor mailings and the return on those mailings which allows us to know which ones are effective and which are not. We are able to send email updates to our donor data base much more efficiently. We are able to upload documents to our donor accounts so everything is in one place and can be accessed by all who need the information. Being able to create forms in Neon and have them on our website where our donors can make donations and have it post to their record and send them a receipt without human intervention has saved us time and funds. Volunteers can fill out a volunteer application on line and managing that through Neon has helped us increase our volunteer base. Being able to answer managements questions about our donors and fundraising efforts has been outstanding.

Research

"THE best database for Non-profits"

What do you like best?

Their technical support is OUTSTANDING! I cannot say enough great things about their staff and how quickly they respond and get issues resolved. What a wonderful aspect to this great product! There has not been one instance where the problem hasn't been resolved in a short period of time or that they haven't been able to figure out where the problem lies. They do not hesitate to take issues to their developers, if necessary, for a permanent fix.

Also, they offer several different modules that are useful for various projects and tracking that is critical for fund raising, managing memberships and events, balancing ways to communicate with members or non-members. They are constantly listening to their clients and making upgrades that prove to be beneficial for all users.

What do you dislike?

Reports are the biggest problem that we experience. It takes a while to understand what criteria is necessary to extract the information you wish to analyze. However, once you have the proper criteria you know that the information is accurate.

When you download a report to Excel it is exactly as you see it in NEON. Therefore, you have to sort it and "fancy it up" if it's required for a presentation or is to be in an official report.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We looked at SEVERAL CRM's out there and determined that NEON best suited our needs. It's not perfect but it's very close to fulfilling any non-profits needs for tracking donors, fundraising, etc. My recommendation would be buy, buy, buy!

We have reduced the amount of time and resources it was taking to manage members, their information and their payments. We have the capability to increase the awareness of our organization and have seen our membership grow. We have also enjoyed seeing our membership renewals increase and a decrease in members who lapse.

Syncing with QuickBooks has been a tremendous help with data entry and has reduced the amount of time it used to take to allocate items individually into QuickBooks.

AE

"Donation Page, Revamp"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to get something done, and how everyone updates you with its progress whether its a question, or a new addition to my organization's platform. We just had our donation page match what our website is. You wouldn't even know that two different people put it together!

What do you dislike?

The biggest hiccup that I run into is when making new forms! I want to be sure that I'm doing it correctly and it always seems like I'm messing something up! Eventually I get there, it just takes a little more time.

We have continuously solved the difficulties that come when trying to have donors donate - all the questions they have are answered in the platform. It's also always been difficult to make sure that all of my staff is on the same page with where we stand with donations and reaching out to stakeholders.

"Neon CRM: Better than the Rest!"

What do you like best?

I like ease of use and the helpful support team! I also like that it is accessed by cloud. You don't have to download a thing!

What do you dislike?

It does take a bit of learning and growing with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a look at all the features! There are so many that you may want to consider switching and cancelling old services. It can be a real money saver!

We are using Neon CRM for donor management, donor appreciation, event planning/ticketing. It is also cheaper than most other products, and we've been able to use it in the place of other paid services.

AH

"Excellent Customer service and tech support"

What do you like best?

The quick response time to support tickets and other tech issues is unmatched! If I cant find what I ma looking for in the Knowledgebase- and most of the time I can- I know I can count on great support from a knowledgeable Neon staff member.

What do you dislike?

There are really just some simple things such as

I wish all reports containing numbers would total every number column at the bottom

I wish declined gifts/ payments were not shown in the gift record and giving total

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the trial database. Go in and test anything and everything that you may use the system for.

The system is very user friendly and our entire team is able to navigate and handle the basics no mater what their skill level. This frees up my time to do what I need to be doing.

"Nothing flashy but it covers the basics"

What do you like best?

I work for a very small nonprofit and this solution is affordable and covers the basics of fundraising campaigns, event registrations, and email campaigns for a reasonable cost.

What do you dislike?

Its a bit clunky. Limited form customization, limited landing page customization. And no ability to split up email opt-in/opt-out options. Lots of upgrades available, but every little option costs $$

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is budget friendly, but if you can afford more you should get it!

manages our CRM needs for our donors and event management as well as email campaigns.

Accountant
Accounting

"It's what non-profit donor management should be"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use. I've struggled through other CRMs geared toward non-profits. Nothing comes close to NeonCRM in terms of ease of use, intuitiveness, and ability for anyone to just start using it with minimal training. Running reports is so easy. Importing donations from an excel file is so easy. It's just exactly what a CRM should be, especially for a small non-profit.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system takes a few minutes to make changes to letters and forms, and that gets confusing. I also sometimes have to look through 3 or 4 help articles to get what I'm looking for, and a more solid help structure might help that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You're not going to find anything easier to use, especially if you're an organization with limited resources.

With no employees, all volunteers based, we have a solid database of every donor that has given to the organization from the beginning, as well as tracked volunteer hours for matching grants. I have worked professionally with a lot of non-profits, and this is usually an area where they struggle to keep up after an initial few years of (mostly) bad record-keeping. I count us so lucky to have started with NeonCRM; I tell everyone in a non-profit setting about it.

Development Associate
Religious Institutions

"A robust product for the price, but still requires improvements on everyday functionality"

What do you like best?

NEON CRM does a great service to the nonprofit industry by offering a fairly robust, cloud-based CRM solution for a reasonable price. It fills the bill when handling basic functions and does a good job of tracking communications (including its internal e-mai program) and automated acknowledgement letters. It is fairly intuitive and easy to learn with a wealth of videos and an extensive knowledgebase which answer a variety of questions.

What do you dislike?

Having used other, more advanced (and costly) systems, NEON comes up short on a variety of both basic and advanced features and functionality. There is a major problem with duplicates which is frustrating since there is very little the system does on the front end to deter users from creating duplicate accounts, and the duplicate finder on the backend is almost worthless. The reporting function is also very limited and requires advanced techniques to forcefully access the information you need unless you are pulling the most standard of reports. There is no way to make user-defines mass changes to data--only a few pre-defined options which is frustrating for anyone with CRM experience. The system is glitchy too with error pages showing up an inopportune times causing chaos and lost time. If you are used to the big-name solutions which allow the user advanced freedom to work with the database, you will find this system extremely constricting. A lot of time is spent cleaning this database to maintain its integrity due to the limited access the user has to customizing anything and setting up auto-generated fields (preferred name, salutations derived from formulas, etc.).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Depends on your needs--if you want a very basic yet easy to understand system--then yes.

I have recommended this product for two clients I work for and it meets their basic CRM needs. Having done full implementations simultaneously, I have come across many limitations and may not recommend it again--but much of this has to do with having experienced the functionality of other, higher-end CRM systems. That being said, I think it does a great job of holding the information, generating basic reports, and providing communications on a basic level. Can't beat the price and it gets the job done for most small organizations.

Director of Community Relations and Development
Health, Wellness and Fitness

"NeonCRM great produce, superior service, best prices"

What do you like best?

The price versus value. My organization, Brighter Bites, is just getting started into fundraising, and partnering with NeonCRM is the best decision we could have made. Not only do we get a robust system with tons of features, we are also getting system that can grow as we grow, and that my friends, is invaluable. I also love the ability to sync with some of the systems I already use. The features of this software are amazing, give Samantha Nyland a call, she will show you all the features and get you started.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. My organization is driven by data. We love to measure the success of our program, so we require a software that will allow us to drill down an analyze our efforts. I can see where this software might be a bit overwhelming for some smaller non-profits that are not used to using a robust system. However, with that said, it's like riding a bike, once you learn how, you never forget.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare NeonCRM to Donor Perfect and Raiser's Edge and then look at the pricing. You'll be happy you did.

Brighter Bites needs a system that enabled our staff to remain connected to donors, volunteers, and funding foundations. We have several segments to consider, and we needed a system that would work with some of the systems we have in place, and a system that would enable growth. NeonCRM did just that.

CEO
Management Consulting

"Easy to learn, easy to use"

What do you like best?

This is a great CRM for smaller organizations. It is easy to use, allows for fairly complete records of constituent information, and the training videos and documentation are well-executed. I have been using CRM-type systems for over 20 years and I think Neon CRM is an excellent value for the price. The knowledgebase is easy to search and the help I have received from the helpdesk has made my work much easier.

What do you dislike?

The standard reporting tools provided seem robust at first glance, but I am finding it difficult to do any deep analysis (and I am accustomed to "forcing" systems to give me the data I want). For example, I just used Neon CRM to manage a year-end campaign, and the campaign reporting tools are weak and not very useful. The data must instead be exported for analysis in another program. But to be fair, this is a shortcoming of every single CRM I have ever used - including many of the major systems commonly in use in non-profit fundraising - and I know this is systemic industry problem, certainly not unique to Neon CRM.

Duplicates seem to be a major problem in Neon CRM, but only because a user can make a gift online without logging in or creating an account. It is easy to remove duplicates from the system, but it is time-consuming. Users will need to devote time for regular duplicate maintenance, especially following any large online gift campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As with any fundraising CRM, I recommend engaging the services of someone who is experienced with gift entry processes and best practices. Recording information correctly, acknowledging donor promptly, and analyzing data are critical work (and legal) components that should be supervised by a knowledgeable person.

Neon CRM was selected to be the first CRM/fundraising database for the organization I am working with. The organization has no home office, so this system makes it easy for all concerned parties to work in the records from anywhere, and to share information as needed.

Sales Consultant
Business Supplies and Equipment
(10,001+ employees)

"Great service!"

What do you like best?

I am able to have everything in one place with easy access. Entering information wether it be financial or individuals contact info is easy to find and change if necessary. If a co-worker is looking for something I can tell them to look it up in NEON and they always are able to find it.

What do you dislike?

using the back button messes things up sometimes. I have had some trouble with merging accounts but the support team usually does a great job helping me. Creating events doesn't always work properly as far as having people register and the link in our website. I wish there was an app so I can view it on my phone when Im on the go instead of going through my browser and having to zoom in just to navigate the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want everything in one easy to manage place than NeonCRM is what you need.

We can track finances from various places and communicate easily. one benefit is that you dont have to sync your computer which can make things more difficult. no matter where I am I have access to our info.

Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Excellent tool for Non-Profits"

What do you like best?

Being able to automate responses when a donor donates. Analyzing the data is easy and extremely helpful. The communications features are very helpful in tracking communications with volunteers, donors, members and others who are in our database. The software has lots of potential and I feel like I am still learning how to fully utilize it but so far it has been everything we wanted and needed.

What do you dislike?

It is such an extensive program that learning how to maximize its potential can be time consuming. We are still trying to understand the difference between a "donor" and a "member" because we use the terms interchangeably but the Neon has them as different types of constituents/customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This can be a game changer for your nonprofit or company. We used to have to enter all this data manually and now it can be automated and streamlined so it has made us a more efficient non profit.

Automating our donation responses and providing annual reminders of expiring memberships to members. Our fundraising efforts are more streamlined, professional and easier to analyze.

Director of Development and Communications
Individual & Family Services

"Can't Imagine Work Without It"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to keep notes and actions on our donors. It has helped us keep from stepping on toes here in the office. I also like the ability to track what type of mailings you send out such as Thank You notes. It's got everything you could possibly need and not know that you need.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little clunky at times and not the best at user experience. I've had some issues with their automatic email system at times.

I don't really like the way "prospects" are set up but that might just be because I'm still learning what I can do with the software.

The app could use a lot of work. You can look up donors but can't add donations or notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a very powerful system. It can do a lot and so give it some time with study and trial and error.

We've been able to better segment our donors and target them for special communications.

Business Development and Marketing Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management

"The BEST shopping experience and the BEST deal!"

What do you like best?

Look here first! The shopping experience was incredible compared to other CRMs. I loved that my sales rep, Kyle, showed me an in-depth walk through of Neon using a preexisting organization. It made it so easy to picture my organization in the software. Kyle is experienced in non-profit management and knew what an organization of my size needed in a software. That really helped us determine what functionality we were looking for since this would be our first CRM. Getting the free 30day trial was extremely helpful. All this functionality, ease-of use, unlimited users, low monthly cost, partnering with payment processors with a transaction rate of 1.99%- there is no other CRM like it!

What do you dislike?

I learn better with someone showing me rather than telling me. When it comes to setting up the software, I think it would be really helpful to have someone from Neon have access to my screen (like Microsoft does) to show me how to set up what we need to get started (online donation form, event tickets, etc.).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look here first! The experience of evaluating Neon was way, way, way better than evaluating other software. With almost every other CRM out there, you never really knew what it would look like or what it would do exactly. There's no mystery here. I learned Neon at an internship and even as someone new to the nonprofits, it was easy to understand and to use effectively. The organization that I'm with now has just implemented it and it's already making our lives easier.

My organization was looking for one program that would integrate online giving, CRM, volunteer and event management, and fundraising management. We are a small organization with less than 20 employees and a donor pool of about 250 that we want to grow. Neon is really going to make it easier for us to get to the next level. I'm not a computer expert. I didn't want to get a great software that is a nightmare to learn and use. Neon is incredibly functional and user friendly.

AP

"So user friendly and shares data across my needs"

What do you like best?

Love to track so much data about donors! It's nice to have everything tracked in place - from registrations to donations, and volunteers, too.

What do you dislike?

Terms aren't assumptive when you go to pull reports. I have to "speak neon" to know the report parameters I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it is worth every penny. The amount of work it has reduced from our workload is significant. I just wish that it would look less pixelated and nicer on our website donate sheet as well as the mail merges.

Tracking donors and donations to thank properly!

AN
(5001-10,000 employees)

"NeonCRM Still Impressive with A Year in Use"

What do you like best?

The best thing about NeonCRM is the quick access to live customer service. I will not say there are not occasional issues, but when there are, it is a quick incident report and a solution within hours. Everyone is friendly and knowledgeable and understands the world of non-profit. The same names you read online are the people you speak to in person or through webinars. It's like family.

What do you dislike?

Reporting features are intricate and therefore take some time to get used to. If you do not understand the report you are running, you may not get expected results. I suggest to my staff to practice by running reports in which you are sure of the results and see if you can run the report to match the results. Also, the time must be taken to use the reporting guides.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start with the All-In-One plan. You will not be sorry. If you do not know how to migrate your database, don't waste the hours trying to save the company money. Just pay the money to have NeonCRM support staff do it. It's worth the time, aggravation and lost donations while trying to figure it out. Use the incident reporting!! NeonCRM is so responsive. Don't ignore the option thinking you need an answer now and don't have time to wait. They will get you an answer often times by end of day!

We solved the problem of exponential growth by automating our donation system. Now a person can donate, receive an immediate thank you and be added to our database for reporting and mailing. That was why we initially researched to find a software subscription.

We are realizing that instead of hiring a volunteer coordinator, we have a virtual one in NeonCRM. The new volunteer module has solved a real issue for our organization. We have also realized how valuable the events module is as we have been able to automate our entire Educational Tours season with dates and times for a donor to sign up, pick a time, pay and receive their email registration. We used to do this by phone!!

II

"Really intuitive and Well Documented"

What do you like best?

I really liked the wizard mode during the setup and that the help on how to setup the campaigns is ever at hand. This kind of software is used also by non tehc-savy people so usability is the key!

I really like the automation part and reporting is very useful and well implemented.

Involve the staff on all levels into the campaign on an unique tool is a great feature, the fragmentation of using a tool for email, donation and all... the synchronization of those parts really worried me before starting the project, after few hours on the application i knew that this is the solution to manage everything in one place!

What do you dislike?

Can be pushed the customization side of the product. Is really not an issue but a suggestion.

An app would be really useful to manage remotely.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start the trial ASAP is enlightening on how the software works on all its parts.

I had a lot of doubts for the non techie people involved but at the end everything is usable for all the team.

Registration and organization of donors. I never used other softwares but seems quite a good solution to the problem we had with those topics, i don't think i'll search further.

Automation and reporting features are amazing.

Program Director
Non-Profit Organization Management

"NeonCRM makes my life easier each day at work!"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about NeonCRM is how easy it is to use. I started work about 6 months ago and had never used a system like this before. With very little time spent looking around NeonCRM, I was able to understand the key features that my work required of me to use on the site. We are able to update memberships, events, and E-Blasts at the touch of a button. This makes my life much easier and simple at work.

What do you dislike?

The hardest part to learn on NeonCRM was the E-blast (communications) System. It can be very specific and I have had to learn HTML code to get certain aspects of the E-Blast to work. I at times, still struggle to use this aspect of NeonCRM.

The biggest business problem that we solve are making sure our members are happy with how they sign up for events, and renew their memberships. With NeonCRM, we are able to streamline a lot of these problems by making sure everyone knows their login, so they do not have to put their information in the system each time they sign up for an event. The biggest benefit of having everything in one place, events, memberships, volunteer management, is that everyone on staff knows how to work the system and thus can help out members out when they need it. Having everyone under one system simplifies everything, when it comes to working.

Director of Resource and Capacity Development

"NEON CRM"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Priced competitively. We are able to assign varying levels of access for staff users. Having all our grant, donor, and contacts in one place makes things easy to manage.

What do you dislike?

Some functionality is clunky, but I believe the last update helped. No real complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i would recommended this software to other nonprofits.

Tracking events, development, and CRM in one combined software package.

AS

"Basic CRM system"

What do you like best?

Neon CRM is a simple platform that is easy to integrate into any company that has never worked with CRM softwares before. It is easy to learn and good for someone just getting started.

What do you dislike?

I did not enjoy the "customizable" features, scalability, and overall format of the software after using higher scale competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider how far you want your CRM system to take you, and exactly what you will be using it for.

Allowed a brand new nonprofit to manage their donor database in a way that was easy for the founder to understand.