Yahoo Small Business Reviews & Product Details

Yahoo Small Business Overview

What is Yahoo Small Business?

Helps small businesses get online, sell online, and grow online. We provide easy-to-use, award-winning tools that make it easy for any small business owner to create a professional presence on the Internet.

Yahoo Small Business Details

Yahoo Small Business
Ownership
NASDAQ:YHOO
1998
Sunnyvale, CA

Answer a few questions to help the Yahoo Small Business community
Have you used Yahoo Small Business before?

Yahoo Small Business Reviews

Showing 55 Yahoo Small Business reviews
Already have Yahoo Small Business?
AA
What do you like best?

It was ez and familiar I mastered making changes and had built layers of my website over the last 20 years Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They decided to make some changes to their website program and WIPE OUT MY ENTIRE WEBSITE so I have to build a whole new one, Wow Thanks!!! That's what I get for sticking with Yahoo Small Business for 20 years? What do you do to people who haven't been loyal and paid you 20 bucks a month for the last 20 years? Nice kick in the teeth, right? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, go ahead and build a terrific website so in a year or 2 they will completely wipe it out and tell you to just build it all over again cause they feel like it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They don't problem solve they make problems Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Actually I used to like it, but recently I discover a Huge brench of security on this emails accounts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I receive an Spoofing email on saturday 18th at 3:53am (GMT-5), by the 9am I change my password, using the control panel, but it was surprinsing for me to notice that my email account on my mobile app (Android OS) is still working, has not request for the new password, it is not possible to sign out from previus devices; think about this, I somebody gets my password and use this credentials to login, no matter if I change my password, my paid email account will be always accesible with the old credentials if this person use my credentials on a third party email app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try one product, before migrate your whole system to Yahoo Small Business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

email accounts works as expected, some options should be available on paid service. Actually are available on free Yahoo email account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Once up and running it works without issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very challenging for web designing by small business owner without web page experience. I wish someone was available to instruct me or answer my questions. Yes, I read the instructions, but I still don't know how to make certain changes. I need help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If using Yahoo Small Business for building your website and your previous experience is limited, consider partnering with a professional website building talent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefit is I can use specific and select webpage links for selling my products, arrange for tours and leading workshops! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The ease of operation and adding products Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unable to completely manipulate the site (adding music, etc.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shop around to find what's best for you. I enjoy using yahoo small business and it works for me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advertising of our products. I realize that I have to take matters into my own hands as far as marketing our products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Simplified interface , and easy to maintain and pay . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

SOme restrictions in tolls e.g support of PHP and Perl , but not Python and Java . As well suport of MySQL , but not Postgess DB . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Explore it ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Simplify all the aspects of the web site maintaince . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Nothing good from this company but chess Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

ads, layout, all things related to yahoo Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

after we paid for the email subscription with no ads since it is not free. 3 months ago they came and they added ads on every page and on the top of each email. We called and filed a complaint but no response Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Director
What do you like best?

Yahoo Small Business helps us on every level through calls, the website and through in-software instructions. They provide just about all of the needs that we have in regards to creating an online presence and make it work best for us and our particular services. Yahoo Small Business doesn't just display a bunch of products that we go in and buy, they guide us through the process and help us understand why certain things may or may not be needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think that having the type of service that Yahoo Small Business provides can be great for newer companies in the beginning stages of web development, but YSB doesn't have as diverse a range of products as standard web hosting companies and other business product companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say that Yahoo Small Business is suitable for new companies that don't want to make mistakes about registrations and also have all of the web features they need to start a successful website and have a viable internet marketing strategy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We don't have to focus too much on the fine technical and administrative details involved with developing an online experience for our customers. Yahoo Small Business has helpful tools that can move us step-by-step through all of our hosting product and registration requirements. The support staff at Yahoo Small Business does a good job at explaining things in a way that anyone can understand. We were able to get up and running with all of our services within a few days. We probably could have been online faster if we weren't as strict about our designs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Yahoo small business's email system itself is well designed. Multitasking is easy with an easy to understand tab system, emails can be easily sorted into folder for reference later or searched. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lots of downtime, sub-par to poor customer service depending on the representative you get. Customer service is outsourced overseas. Disappointing consistency. Inability to edit or remove web pages from the previous web building system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Honestly I wouldn't recommend this service to run your small web business off of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to keep my workflow organized with tabs is excellent - typically I'm having to juggle multiple conversations and orders at once, but with the clearly labeled tabs this is no problem. The web service has been sufficient, I was easily able to add new pages to the site when we changed our landing page, however pages made on the old system from several years ago are inaccessible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

Yahoo small business application is highly usable application to make clients and customers.

Through Yahoo Small business application a business can offer products and services.

Emails can easily sorted and user friendly application Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes more than usual time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly Recommended application Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Yahoo Small business helps to increase the worth in market by joining more clients and exploring name

One of fastest growing business application to give boost to users business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Marketing Specialist
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

It helps in reaching out and contacting the clients in a faster and efficient manner. It also provides an separate Business mail for the organisation in which i am working in, making our enterprise also to be noted by our clients. It aslo helps to get connected along with the Hubspot and the Dropbox, by which it is very much compatible and efficient in nature. It helps in sending bulk email, to the different users and the interlinked contacts in a single click. It helps in creating a separate identity our organisation. It notifies the user if any of mail is not able to be send and if the other end user email is a invalid one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, there is an delay in forwarding and the replying to the mails that are being sent out. It even at some times crashes and making it uncomfortable from the user end to use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend to others, since it is very much simple similar to the gmail and the yahoo mail, and it took only simple procedure to open up an business account. It helps us to create a separate business mail for our organisation. It can be integrated with any of the software, unlike the other business mails. It can be interfaced with Hub-spot CRM, Dropbox and Trello. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me to connect with my team and also along with all of my pupil in the organisation. It helps me to send mail and important documents, MOU and Proposals to my clients via Yahoo Small Business. Since here the yahoo small business in interfaced with the Hubspot, i woud get mails and notifications of my task directly as a mail, by which i would be reminded of all my tasks and Demos to be carried out.It also helps me to store some of my documents and pics in the folders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Pleasant and Kind Salesperson..Very Patient Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sold a Product I didn't need - Only Needed Hosting for .com Domain Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Only Need Hosting for .com Domain Purchased Many Years Ago Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Information Officer
What do you like best?

The possibilities of offering our products and services through the web have been favored thanks to the trust we had in Yahoo Small Business. Initially, it was an expectation of the benefits that we could obtain, however, the creation of our website was very simple, the whole process was carried out by hand, we created our website with a very attractive design that attracts a lot of attention which is a advantage since the first image enhances and blows the imagination of the clientele towards the positive opinions towards the company, for that reason we have had a great acceptance and an immense escalation, to the point that the sales have increased. We have guaranteed security towards the products we offer, since from the beginning we acquired a Yahoo Small SSL certificate. As our online business has grown, we keep in constant activity to incorporate emails from new users and a large number of new products, doing so in an unlimited way. The times that we have needed technical support have answered us in real time and without setbacks. We are pleased with the acquisition, which has given us the ease of choosing the option that best adapted to our payment possibilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The host has been functional and we have not had any inconvenience, however, it could be improved with tools with greater applicability and updated for companies with high demands, in this sense we refer to the need to activate with more advanced hosts such as the cloud, which It provides the user with greater capacity in their requirements on the web. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to grow your company, we recommend using Yahoo Small Business which is a tool that has many facilities and is easy to use, but start with the test plan so you know which is the best option for your business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

While we had not acquired the Yahoo small business, we remained low in the face of the clientele, we needed a tool that would make us more credible, feasible, visible with unlimited opportunities to offer our products, so we did it with Yahoo Small Business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Writer
What do you like best?

best abou this service is business emails are very cheap that no one can provide and security is also with industrial standards Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

some features like link preview, while composing mail must be improved otherwise no, dislike about this service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

yes i strongly recommend it for small business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can use my business email with low cost Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I helps me in the Email Process. I am able to connect with the Mobile all other related people Around too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel Gmail is more user friendly, It has more provisions especially in the settings. I am able to have multiple Gmail connected and use it at the same time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The application is good and is designed at its best Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I helps me in the Official work, where i am able to use it for differentiation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Implementation Engineer
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

yahoo small business mail is very cheap and secured mail service i ever used and it is user friendly that even a non technical person can use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

i don't find any dislike about this application till now it is my favorite mail service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

yes i recommend this application to every startup and small business enterprises Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

with this mail service i can create my own professional mail with my domain name Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

admin
What do you like best?

hooks to internet... on any device but is nothing special and getting live support is nearly impossible Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

no chat support...... no email contact..... phone support nearly non existent

I have been trying to reach them for 4 days... absolutely been impossible.... today I did get a call answered (via automation) and was placed on hold for the next available representative.... so far nobody has answered and I am at 2:59 and counting on hold... yest that is 3 hours that I have wasted waiting... and hard telling how much longer it will be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

run...don't walk away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I wanted a web presence...but never got one... I have used the custom domain name and have been using the email for over 15 years but this is the WORST customer Service E V E R !!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Manager
What do you like best?

The best email provider for small business and start-up it is budget-friendly and user-friendly.

it supports creating emil address with our own domain address Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't find any dislike about this application, it is very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes I Recommend Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using a professional email address with the help of Yahoo's small business at a low cost.

i can create an email with my domain name Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Implementation Consultant
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

Its less cost and user interface is super.Also it is user friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometime emails are coming late and sometime business mails are reflecting in spam Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its reliable and very user friendly to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am doing all communication through this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mental Health
What do you like best?

I like how when you go to build your website it's got everything all laid out and picked for you and all you have to do is pick your basic theme and then you can edit it to your standards and preferences Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find it's not very compatible when using it on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 I find it difficult to edit stuff like enter text submit pictures Etc Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm fairly new to using Yahoo for my business but I haven't seen anything that I dislike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Director
What do you like best?

I built my first business website using Yahoo small business. It has an easy to use interface and I could go live within a few minutes. Website and email was provided with domain registration Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Design templates for website building were limited. Since my focus on quickly going online this was not an issue in the beginning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to get your business online quickly with basic requirements go for it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

business website creation, domain registration Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I love how easy yahoo small business makes their website navigation especially for an entrepreneur who might not have the most web experience. Their phone support is superb as well as their customer service for helping me launch a website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I actually really enjoy Yahoo Small business, I don't have other services to compare it to as Yahoo SB is the first I have used for this purpose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it, I've had a great experience using it, I no longer use it as my company has shuttered but if it had not, I would still utilize this service. I have seen other competitors like GoDaddy and other sites and while they seem efficient too, Yahoo Small Business was very user friendly, their customer service was stellar and the pricing was very realistic. This is something that I wouldn't be able to do alone so technical assistance over the phone and in chat were very useful for me. Other than yahoo e-mail, this is the primary/main Yahoo software/application I have used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding a domain/website, getting my products an online e-market by having a stable website/page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Technology Specialist
What do you like best?

At one point they were the best option. Secure sites with minimal downtime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Per transaction fees on top of the monthly fee. Sites are designed in their own language RTML making it hard to customize your store. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They have dropped the per item charges now but still take a percentage of each sale you make on top of your monthly fee. So the more you sell the more your site will cost with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quickly getting started in eCommerce for a small business with a reliable store. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

you used to be able to host both business email and a website through yahoo small biz. it was great, back when yahoo was "the" only email service other than ISP versions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The service then became expensive and somewhat unreliable. in addition, once other applications (both desktop and hand held/iphone) became available to the general public, there was no need to use the paid email from yahoo small business (to remove ads), as the IMAP/POP versions that utilized the same log in as the yahoo app were able to deliver ad free email. yahoo, IMO, lost their competitive advantage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Find something else! Google platform infinitely superior in all ways, and you can find a web hosting service for $5/month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

hosting and business email Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Customer service and ease of use! Great tool overall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. All aspects of use worked great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

How to run a small business effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Admin
What do you like best?

Yahoo Small Business is easy to use for our web hosting and email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, it does what we need it to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Yahoo Small Business handles our web hosting, provides tools to build our website and manages our personal domain emails too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.