Vultr Reviews & Product Details

Vultr Overview

What is Vultr?

Vultr offers a standardized highly reliable high performance cloud compute environment with 14 datacenters around the globe.

Vultr Details

@Vultr

Vultr Reviews

Showing 49 Vultr reviews
Already have Vultr?
What do you like best?

Vultr is my go-to source when I want anything to do with cloud computing. their service is extremely good. first, they offer one of the best billing systems I have used. they pay as you go plan doesn't charge you when the server is shut down while most of the other services charge a nominal fee. especially when trying to run promotional apps online, we usually run it a few days/hours at a time, and then the service won't run for a couple of days to so. so the billing system was like a blessing for us. they have servers across the world which help in setting up hosting or apps closest to your target audience thus increase the speed and overall user experience. the servers are quite fast, I'm not saying they have the fastest servers out there but they are fast enough and worth the money. also, I like the server customization options and the interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the support system that much and it needs some improvement Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Vultr is in my opinion, one of the most trusted and one that offers best performance for the money. if i were you, I'll try the software for a few days to see if it meets my requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used Vultr to host several web apps as well as domain hosting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the following about Vultr

-The server speed is excellent, I mean super fast.

-Excellent Support team, I had several issues with them but helped me out all the time.

-Pricing is really good when most of the services charge even when the server is offline, but Vultr doesn't, that's really great.

-They got a good selection of scripts and Operating systems to choose from, but I always go for windows because it suits my purpose.

-the ability to install a personal operating system but as mentioned earlier, I went with their windows OS.

-Good control over your network.

-The Dashboard is gorgeous, and the analytics also, everything is really clean

-Billing with multiple payments options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like about Vultr

- Servers aren't always available, especially windows based ones.

- No Chat support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As cloud storage and VPS provider, Vultr excels in everything. The servers are really fast, they got a good support team and the pricing is affordable too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I mainly use Vultr to run my python scripts and for deep learning, using their VPS> Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Service Representative
What do you like best?

The ease of setup and flexibility of the system allows you to do what you need to Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Minimal support so if you don't know what you are doing head to google. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allowed me to separate business email from the business site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Company Owner
What do you like best?

Vultr is an online hosting service that is very easy to use, safe, and has extensive tools to manage the hosting program in an efficient and very professional way. Has a very professional support service always ready to offer a solution at all times which makes it a great service ,Offers affordable accommodation plans which provide the opportunity to grow step by step , Very secure and stable servers and always have the most updated version of OS system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like are the localities, I think that a service of such good quality should be hosted in other strategic points, in order to eliminate most of the latency that is generated when going to a website, I would also ask that they add two protection services. More economical to be attached to each plan that the client has in order to provide the opportunity to grow at the same time with the plan that is selected, I also do not like that if you get to grow too much the plans have a capacity limit of what if you reach that consumption you can be out of the game or have to change your supplies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very reliable service and a tool in the cloud that will give you what is worth millions elsewhere with them they will get it with a few dollars Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main problem that I solved in my case was to obtain an all-in-one platform under a plan with plesk panel and thus be able to host all my qweb sites in one place and in the same way be able to manage them in an easier and more efficient way what it does a great advance for us and a saving of money in the payment of external servers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Consultant
What do you like best?

The best thing i liked is the pricing. Anyone can deploy their application at very cheaper price with high performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately there are no vultr data centers in my country. I hope it will be available in future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If anyone wants to deploy their application without spending huge amount then they can prefer vultr cloud compute as it is cheaper in pricing and also we can scale it if the requirements gets higher. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

i deployed my web application in vultr cloud compute and i realised my application was able to handle multiple requests because of the high performance SSD servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Self Employed
What do you like best?

I love how I deposit a balance and this balance is then used to pay for the VPS, it means that I can have multiple VPS without having to pay for the entirity of the month, especially If i don't need them after a while. I'm not wasting money and also the ability to quickly deploy a new server or destory an already existing server is quick and easy at just the press of a button. Snapshots are free allowing me to have multiple versions of the VPS for testing purposes or to increase their performance If I'm using them for a task Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some sites are slightly cheaper than Vultr but the quality of the site over rules this in my opinion and it's not much of a difference, there are multiple site locations to have your server hosted at which is very beneficial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely go for it, if your're skeptical use an affiliate program: https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8247865 to get a testing balance to start trying out the servers before you even have to pay Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to run multiple bots 24/7, knowing my servers are going to be kept up during that time and keep performing as I need them to without having to keep my own personal computer on all the time. It helps me sleep as my computer is in my room and saves me from using electricity and damaging my own computer If I'm performing intensive work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Vultr is fairly inexpensive and begins at a price point half the same as similar facilities like Digital Ocean. This is useful for someone in search of a healthy performance value versus cost. Vultr has several facilities, including cloud computing and block storage. The snapchats are also really helpful as they are now free Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you have a strong knowledge of a linux setting like Ubuntu or Cent OS, Vultr is ideal. Otherwise the user may experience a steep learning curve. Their documents do not contain the same number of subjects when compared to the bigger FAQ / Tutorial portion of Digital Ocean. But it's much better for the cost and resources you get than the VPS suppliers ' contest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dont use the browser shell because its kinda buggy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Powerful VPS at a excellent cost for tiny companies. Vultr is better than using a shared service such as dreamhost or Godaddy for the cost. Never use a shared server on the webhost. I'm using it to host my own wordpress page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clint Eschberger
What do you like best?

Blazing fast and reliable network. We have used them for 4+ years and have maintained 4+ 9s the entire time. Only a few downtimes that were not planned. The prices are great and they have an easy to manage firewall system to help protect your systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Support is not great, but at the same time not horrible. It is obvious they do canned responses, without really having the ability to think. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are comfortable with managing your own support, they are a good solution. If you are not, go somewhere else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use this for our second tier apps and small apps. We would use them for more, but when I ask questions, they just do not answer them properly. So it is stuck in using it for second tier apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Consultant
What do you like best?

Vultr provides high performance ssd servers at very cheap price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No data center is available at my location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Everyone needs to try Vultr's high performance ssd servers to scale their applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

i solved my application scalability with vultr. it benefitted me a lot and number of users also increased. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resource Administrator
What do you like best?

El crédito inicial de $50 para empezar a usar y probar todos sus servicios es realmente útil, sin ese cupón seguramente a día de hoy no sabríamos de la existencia de Vultr. Los servidores virtuales de Vultr son realmente potentes y por lo general bastante económicos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Si tuviera que decir algo diría el formato de facturación, es algo lento y tedioso. Creo que es algo que las empresas no terminan de centrarse en ello pero realmente es importante. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Probad el crédito, realmente es muy funcional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hosteamos nuestros archivos en sus servidores virtuales, nos brindan seguridad y uptime del 99.9%. Es lo único que necesitamos. Además tienen un carácter muy profesional y flexible para cualquier tipo de empresas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Developer & IT Consultant
What do you like best?

Vultr has an intuitive and modern UI, stable VPS servers, and very fast network connections. I really like how affordable it is to host Windows Servers in Vultr. They provide instructions on how to upload custom Windows ISO's to their servers and how to install it. By going this route, you get Windows cloud hosting for the price of linux hosting! They also provide Windows servers already licensed, but those are at a small premium. Also, for a third of the price, I am getting better performance than the VPS I tested on Azure and without the complication of setting up servers on Azure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish Vultr had more availability of block storage, as it stands, it is only available for VPS's in New Jersey/New York. Also block storage is a bit expensive, though in line with competitors like Digital Ocean. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering hosting any Windows servers, definitely take a look at their documentation and save the extra premium by uploading your own ISO. Also, their pricing is by the hour, so you can test out the performance and only pay pennies to see if it will work for you or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am migrating my Windows RDS to the cloud. Our current location has had a few power and network outages, causing our customers a lot of grief. By utilizing Vultr's robust cloud infrastructure, we have reduced downtime entirely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Application Developer
What do you like best?

Vultr has the most noobfriendly service, intuitive and easy to use. They offer powerful solutions for a cheap price and also Vultr has a trial period so it's also cool. The $50 promo code is useful at the early begining to start deploying and testing their service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I had to say something I would say the price for huge servers and virtual machines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the promo code, they offer $50 to start deploying your vps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We do deploy our VPS and hosting services with Vultr, we started with the trial credit and now we are with the monthly suscription. Their power is just amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System Administrator | Web Systems Engineer
What do you like best?

The only reason i choose vultr because it has Japan datacenter with fixed VPS price, and the interface is better than linode. But I would like to use AWS lightsail for now and future, because AWS infrastructure are more stable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The support are lack of technical knowledge Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not recommended, if it's because of price, I do recommended AWS lightsail, AWS always have a stable network compared to Vultr Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They always have issues with the private network, You won't know when it happen.

I had opened 7 tickets regarding the private network issues, It happen once per month.

The support are poor, lack of knowledge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I traditionally used to use shared hosting since one of my friends introduced me to Vultr. they had a promotion going on where you get $50 free on promotional credit to deploy your VPS and that's how I got into Vultr. I'm more than impressed by their speed, customization, connectivity and support. while using Vultr its very easy to deploy your server, you can select from a wide range of customizations and connectivity options and that's it, you got your servers. the setup process is also really quick. another thing that I must mention is the choices of operational systems and scripts which are available for autoinstallation to the server is really great and you can do it at no extra cost except for windows. the pricing scheme is also great, they don't charge you a fixed monthly charge but hourly charges for use, which is great cause you only have to pay for what you used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the support is the only quality that makes Vultr better than the rest as this is not the cheapest server option there and many other services are more affordable but similar services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

go with them, you won't be disappointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vultr is a cloud VPS provider. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

The server response time was better compared to Digital Ocean. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Vultr needs to start proving phone support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were facing downtime while using Digital Oceans and needed service with pricing model same as Digital Ocean. Till now we have not faced any downtime with Vultr. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The price is great, the nodes start fast, the dashboard UI is responsive and modern. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Immediately after I started a host, they blocked me. That was over 24 hours ago and I cannot access my host and I cannot get to the dashboard to turn it off. It is just billing, unusable. I reached out to support immediately and have gotten no response. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reach out to their support team on twitter or via email and see if they respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was attempting to move my swarm of small tasks from a few large AWS instances to many immutable continuous-deployed smaller servers. In theory the first node is ready to go but in practice I can't get access and I can't reach support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

the speed of the servers is really great, i mean i have been to using vps for hosting and such for a long time and guarantee that vultr is one of the fastest server providers out there. i tried bare metal servers for high-end computation in the cloud that required a lot of ram and tried a server with 16 GB of ram, the servers ran smoothly even when the CPU usage exceeded 80% and i got the result needed. you have a wide choice when it comes to vultr, the pricing is hourly based so you can shut down the server if you're not using it and save the money where many other services got a fixed monthly fee. you have the option to select servers from all around the web so there you can take advantage of speed if you choose the server location near to your local business. you also have the option to choose from a range of operating systems including windows, ubuntu and fedora where windows servers got dditional charges.the interface is very simple and really easy to navigate through. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the pricing is not the best out there, there are many other VPS providers that provide servers with similar specs at a cheaper rate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

vultr is one of the most popular and best cloud server providers out there, so i say you try them before looking for more options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vultr is a cloud service providers which rents virtual servers for hositng and computation. the speed of the servers are really good as well as the support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Engineer
Information Services
What do you like best?

The realability and speed of their servers is really great. With 99.99+% of uptime, you can rely on it for any service that one wants. High speed and low cost makes it really worthwhile to purchase plans of Vultr Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

More datacenters would be awesome. We have no datacenter in our country, so sometimes there is latency issue. Else, no issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have many projects hosted there. We mainly use it as IaaS so we can directly install and emulate our local environment very easily there. The migration is very simple and one click process. It has 14 datacenters, at the time of writing this review and many more may come in future. So our global clients get a very good ping rate all the time wherever they are. It's cheaper than it's competition so that's a great advantage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Asesora de ventas
What do you like best?

in my opinion the best in the competition excellent speed and quality of service

stable servers and very powerful with good latency.Very comfortable prices for those who wish to buy your web server or vps server and its variety of choosing different cities or countries like the United States or France to host the vps server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Knowledgeable response within minutes - 24/7. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The default SMTP block. It should be open and only blocked at some reasonable threshold. Had a bad experience recently when I switched server location (from NJ, US to SG) - same customer, same billing, same websites - but had to go through the standard questionnaire to lift SMTP block. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

1. Do try the Webmin/Virtualmin hosting management system - you will forget WHM/Cpanel, Plesk etc.

2. When in doubt, don't hesitate to contact support to guide you to appropriate documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a freelancing web developer. I host my personal sites, as well as demo and staging sites on Vultr. The best thing I like here are the 1-click app installs. When needed for any client demo, I spin up an instance instantly (pun unintended) and destroy after demo. Just costs me few cents. For my own server I use Webmin on Ubuntu and the major benefit I get with this setup is the inbuilt free SSL installation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

i have worked with several cloud services in the past and the one thing that makes vultr great is their customer support, its really awesome. i started using vultr with the free trial credit they offered which lasted for a month of two in a Linux server with low specifications. i tried to host my website in it and ran into server issues including my database crashed and lost a lot of files when transferring old files to the new server. i have to say i was pissed at first and then i contacted the vultr support, they replied fast and was really friendly. they resolved the issue within few hours and got my website up and running, i was super impressed. their servers are great, they are fast and the response time of my website will increase significantly since moving to vultr. another great thing about them is the pricing, there is a plan for every user can afford and there are plans which you can pay as you go too. the server setup is another great thing when it comes to vultr. the setup process is very straightforward and you can do it within a few seconds. the documentation of the website is also awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the web console to access server isn't upto the mark and i find it hard to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The servers are excellent and more than that the support is outstanding. I highly recommend them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

hosting my website in cloud servers provided by vultr. the serves are of high quality as well as the support. super impressed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very good pricing on reliable cloud infrastructure. The service has been rock solid and the panel is as straightforward and easy to use as could be expected. (It's also very pretty - this helps) The selection of operating systems and pre-built applications is well rounded. Every appliance on the platform operates as advertised with minimal additional setup required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lowest tier plans are frequently sold out. They're great for testing software for a single, or small group of users over a few days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need basic cloud compute services and are comfortable self managing your resources, Vultr is a great fit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vultr is our preferred platform for testing and development environments. This lets us access all the resources we need for as long or as short a period of time that we need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The service is cheap and affordable. I started out with vultr with a free trial offer that gave me $100 worth of credits to test out the servers which were really awesome. I have to say that the servers are pretty good and fast and decided to stick with them for hosting my websites for a few months more. I have used many cloud hosting out there, and I can assure you this is one of the best services you can get for the money. I used WordPress for y blog, and the setup of the servers in the vultr servers was pretty easy, anybody can install WordPress on the server with a few clicks. The performance is pretty good. Also, they provide you with multiple locations around the globe to choose. I went with a server that was close to my customers cause it'll help them load the website quickly. I have to mention the customer support offered by them, it's really good. They answer every time within a few minutes. the interface is also attractive, it's clean and very easy to move through the site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the web console to access servers is not good enough and crashed multiple times when I tried. the billing system is troublesome and i didn't got any warnings before my trial went out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

their performance is absolutely top class also there are affordable. if you're trying to host your websites in the cloud I do recommend you to try them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hosting my website in cloud servers. the servers are fast and very stable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The performance of the servers are exceptional, they are extremely fast and loads the websites in the blink of an eye. I used their service to host my site powered by WordPress. The website went down once due to some error in the database. The pricing is affordable to everyone and when comparing with the quality of the service provided, worth every dime. The support is also excellent and responds well to every query within minutes. I ran into several problems while starting out with them and the support was there for me every time.; the interface is beautiful and you won't have any trouble to move through the website. Security of the servers are also high, you can edit the setting even to increase the safety of your server and hosting. There are a lot of features available when setting up your server, and you can choose them according to your need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The payment system caused several errors and declined my card multiple times without any reason at all. There are other series in the market which provide similar server specifications at a cheaper rate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Vultr Cloud servers are really of top Quality, if you're looking for hosting your website with the best performance, I highly recommend you to try them before moving on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used Vultr to host my website in their service which used WordPress. The quality and performance of the servers are out of this world. i was satisfied with the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

the servers provided by Vultr are really fast, the performance is really great that my website which is over 4.5 MB in site loads in milliseconds and the loading speed and reaction time of servers improved greatly after moving to Vultr. the user interface is so really good looking and as a user, I find it really easy to navigate through. the Notifications are also great that you could get a notification of billing and servers performance regularly. the servers can be accessed in many ways but I found the web console really helpful. the billing interface is also straightforward and they also got PayPal payment option. the support team is really helpful, once I had trouble managing the database of my WordPress blog and the support team responded in minutes and resolved it. the pricing is also cheap enough that everyone irrespective of the budget could afford vultr servers, they are one of the cheapest in the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

they database gets many errors too easily and I have to contact support regularly to keep my website online. also, the Web server console isn't stable and used to crash much time in between use which i found really irritating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

the servers are really fast and affordable too if you're looking for a trusted provider with great performance, go with Vultr. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web hosting in Virtual private Servers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.