TouchBistro Restaurant POS

TouchBistro Restaurant POS

iPad point of sale tableside ordering.

Work for TouchBistro Restaurant POS?

Learning about TouchBistro?

TouchBistro Restaurant POS Reviews

Ask TouchBistro a Question
Showing 85 TouchBistro reviews
TouchBistro review by Donnie N. F.
Donnie N. F.

"Touchbistro is the perfect tool for my business"

What do you like best?

I really like this application because it is very easy to use even for those people who do not handle technology well, this software allows them to become familiar quickly.

I also like it because more than a software has become a very important tool for my business, allowing me to carry not only a complete management of inventories that I own in my restaurant, but I can also integrate it with the administrative area and if this were not little, I can synchronize it with the tactile tablets that are on the table in order to link me in real time with the diners, being able to automate with this software many orders since it is directly linked to the kitchen, without having to hire an innkeeper. Thanks to this application, productivity has increased in my restaurant, allowing me to efficiently control costs and expenses.

Touchbistro allows me to download the reports of the day, week or month, and then save them in the cloud or if you want to be able to send these reports by email to the different teams that make up my business, as you can already notice, this tool is very useful, it is more this software has an option that allows me to monitor my food business in real time.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the application gives headaches to the accounting team of my restaurant because it causes some confusion in accounting, but if I must say that this is resolved quickly by the Touchbistro support team, they are very professional people and very patients for their help has been vital for us. So at the moment I have no complaints about this software or about them, if I ever had it, I will update this comment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can say that Touchbistro is an ideal complement that you should not miss, it's amazing how many functions it has to help you manage your business quickly and safely, and if for some reason you do not use all your options, do not worry these options will not bother you at all.

Thanks to this software has a friendly interface and clean, it will allow anyone to learn to use it quickly, unlike other applications that only cause headaches with sudden changes on the fly to confuse everyone. A benefit that I should limit, is that Touchbistro will allow you to calculate your internal rate of return or better known as ROI quickly and as you want it easily from your day, month and year.

It also allows you to be able to meet all the demands of your customers in the best possible way, having at hand the demand of each dish and letting you see what foods are leaving you the highest profit margin, this software also allows you to establish relationships with your clients in order to provide them with some incentives and thus convert them into frequent customers.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about TouchBistro Restaurant POS
TouchBistro review by Frank L. W.
Frank L. W.

"fantastic tool for the administration of different products in a restaurant."

What do you like best?

This tool is clearly focused for what was developed, it is an ideal complement, for any restaurant, not only allows a complete management of all inventories of products that are used daily in the restaurant, it is also a complete solution, which is integrates not only with the administrative part of your business, it is an ideal complement for the clients, our system of tactile screens in the tables of our restaurant, was born from the use of this system, thanks to it, achieve automate many orders and make This process is faster and easier, without the need to use a waiter, because through this application, our customers can send their orders directly to the kitchen, and the whole process is done much faster, this is one of the features, which I like this application, I feel that they have said in almost everything, to bring a very complete tool to the restaurant and beverage industry.

What do you dislike?

It really is an application that I like a lot, there are few things that I can complain about this tool, maybe the prices may be a bit high, unlike other platforms that claim to provide the same services, and I think that its more default and for which I do not give 10 points, is that the configuration of this system must be done under iOS, which limits a bit the entire configuration process, it must be an application configurable from any system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a tool that can improve many aspects within a business, in this case for our restaurant, it is ideal for the control of inventories, and in many processes of automation of service to users.

It is an ideal tool for many administrative processes within a resupply, mainly the management of inventories, but in addition many processes can be automated, including those involving the participation of our clients, so it is a tool that can improve, in many aspects, the development and growth of a business.

What Restaurant POS solution do you use?

TouchBistro review by Charles G.
Charles G.

"Good to go product"

What do you like best?

This apparatus is plainly engaged for what was created, it is a perfect supplement, for any café, not just permits a total administration of all inventories of items that are utilized day by day in the eatery, it is additionally a total arrangement, which is incorporates not just with the regulatory piece of your business, it is a perfect supplement for the customers, our arrangement of material screens in the tables of our eatery, was conceived from the utilization of this framework, on account of it, accomplish mechanize numerous requests and make This procedure is quicker and simpler, without the need to utilize a server, in light of the fact that through this application, our clients can send their requests legitimately to the kitchen, and the entire procedure is done a lot quicker, this is one of the highlights, which I like this application, I feel that they have said in nearly everything, to convey a total instrument to the café and refreshment industry.

What do you dislike?

I haven't discovered anything I disdain. We have been beta trying the majority of the new mixes and TB pays attention to our input.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This POS framework is instinctive to utilize day by day as well as to set up and change as your business needs develop. What was at one time a difficult end-of-day system has now been shaved down to negligible minutes.

It is a perfect instrument for some managerial procedures inside a resupply, fundamentally the administration of inventories, however furthermore numerous procedures can be computerized, including those including the support of our customers, so it is a device that can improve, in numerous viewpoints, the advancement and development of a business.

TouchBistro review by Molly P.
Molly P.

"Easy to use, great reporting features, manage your ingredients & control costs!"

What do you like best?

The app is very user friendly. We are using this system for our restaurant in East Africa and it has been so easy to train our staff!

Also, the new ingredients tracking/reporting feature is great for controlling costs!

What do you dislike?

Entering in your menus from the ipad. I wish there was a way to do this from the website!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to be able to have real time data on the cloud, track your ingredients usage, forecast for the future more successfully and manage employees/scheduling, consider TouchBistro.

We are better able to forecast due to the data we get from TB POS. This helps us to better plan & prepare. Saving us time and money!

As an owner who can't be present every day, the peace of mind I get by being able to check in on things through the cloud is priceless!

TouchBistro review by Susie J.
Susie J.

"Excellent Product."

What do you like best?

Have been using it for 5 years with zero issues. We have recently upgraded to more terminals and a PRO Server and it has been the best investment the business has made. Can't recommend Touch Bistro enough. As a small restaurant it allows us to serve customers quickly and efficiently. As well, the back end of this product makes it make very to implement menu changes. The cloud based reporting is a helpful tool that allows us to get send out daily email reports to the whole upper management team along with being paired with a handy app that allows us to monitor the restaurant real time.

What do you dislike?

Thus far we have not had any issues with Touch Bistro or their support team. If anything changes we will update the review but after so many years of using the product there have been no hiccups. The support team has been quick to help us make necessary updates or find settings we did not know existed. They are receptive to customer suggestions and we have seen one of our suggestions implemented!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is the best small business solution as a POS system I have ever come across.

We have added multiple iPads as POS terminals now and it has been a major upgrade from our previous POS System. Touch Bistro does not require much technical knowledge making it great for all restaurant owners that are looking for a simple solution that does not require assistance from support to set up. The user interface is very friendly unlike older more mainstream systems and our staff love it!

TouchBistro review by User

"Very nice POS"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use in the restaurant. the price is very affordable to colombian restaurants since it is only about 40 us dollars. the support line is very fast, I have not have any problems. the has develop this app to work with colombian laws.

What do you dislike?

the software has some limitations, like for example, CRM. The shop owner can not check the inventory from the online version. The APP feeling could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a very nice POS, it is cheap and very complete.

real time POS. You can have the information of what is happening on your restaurant in your hands since the information is online in real time.

TouchBistro review by David A.
David A.

"TouchBistro in the Tasting Room"

What do you like best?

Intuitive/ease of use, very customizable menus and reports. We have been able to fully realize when our busiest times truly are and, more importantly, what products are sold during those times.

What do you dislike?

The Beta state of the TouchBistro cloud sometimes causes bookkeeper confusion. TouchBistro support is always there to assist us though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This POS system is intuitive to not only use daily but to set up and modify as your business needs evolve. What was once a laborious end-of-day procedure has now been shaved down to mere minutes.

Happier employees, quicker transactions, more professional appearance. Tighter control of and a better understanding of transactions and staffing.

TouchBistro review by Gina K.
Gina K.

"The Complete Package!"

What do you like best?

Touch Bistro has been an incredible ROI for our company enabling servers to send more 1:1 time with guests increasing satisfaction as well as a breeze on the back end. Set up was super easy and training took less than 1 hr to get everyone going.

I am so glad we decided to go with a hand held option and partnered with Touch Bistro.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike. We have been beta testing most of the new integrations and TB takes our feedback seriously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! You won't be disappointed..

Customer service, faster payment processing, great back end reporting.

TouchBistro review by Wheath R.
Wheath R.

"Adaptive POS"

What do you like best?

TouchBistro is an adaptive POS. It's not thanks for the money, here's the system now your stuck with it. If there's something that you don't like you can make requests or suggestions and every update something new is integrated.

The system is easy to use and easy to train new employees on

The support is fast! I usually email support as I hate waiting on the phone and they usually reply with an answer with in the hour. They are patient with me no matter how basic my question is and they actually listen to my suggestions or ideas.

What do you dislike?

We get slowed down at the tables as there is no background printing for the kitchen Chits and receipts but I am sure this is something they are working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend. They are an evolving system. Every update there is something better. The support is amazing, they are patient and they actually listen to your problems and ideas. There is a TouchBistro community to share ideas and make suggestions.

We replaced our single POS station with 4 ipads. They have paid for themselves. All orders and now being rung in correctly, No missing drinks, appies or desserts. Sales are up. Also service speed has increased as system is portable. The system is also easier to use so training has become easier.

TouchBistro review by Emily L.
Emily L.

"Customer Satisfaction in the Palm of Your Hand"

What do you like best?

The best part is the mobility that TouchBistro offers with an easy to use and hold iPad. Many products say that they are user friendly, but this product actually is.

What do you dislike?

I did not like that I had to upload the entire menu by hand instead of being able to easily import it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to go through the tutorial on using TouchBistro in order to optimize your use of all the functions it offers.

We are solving the problem of efficiency, productivity, and accuracy. Wait staff can take orders directly in the system and customers can pay from the iPad. Customers cards never have to leave their sight, kitchen staff does not have to try to interpret messy handwriting, and orders are put in right away.

TouchBistro review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Good value, has a few issues like they all do"

What do you like best?

Overall, the product is so far very stable and easy to set up. It always takes time to get acclimated with new systems, but this one is pretty intuitive and they have some good videos/tutorials to get the staff up to speed.

What do you dislike?

One big issue is the fact that you can't have an inclusive tax on select items (alcohol). You can set up an inclusive tax, but it is either for ALL of the items, or none. Big oversight as the majority of bars/restaurants that I've ever been to (mine included) have the tax included in the alcoholic drinks, but not on the food. Other major issue is you can not add a seat to a tab. A major feature I liked was the ability to preauthorize cards/tabs, but this is often nullified by the fact that I can't add a seat to a tab, and the workaround that I would normally do (attach a card to a table) is not an option either. Many times a day, we start tabs for guests that end up wanting to split item/bill after the fact. We end up having to delete items and re-ringing them on a new tab. We often hold a card for a table, but if you actually swipe the card/preauthorize, it turns it into a tab, where I can't add seats! 'One of these things is not good, the fact that I can do neither is a real pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very cost effective, just be aware of its' limitations and use the trial as much as possible.

Business as usual, just saving some money.

TouchBistro review by Ian Y.
Ian Y.

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

The best feature of TouchBistro is there hands on service and great customer service skills/

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you are not allowed to use a preferred customer discount code after signing up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize all the free help that Touchbistro has to offer. The customer service is excellent!

I use TouchBistro to keep track of our inventory and also to keep track of all our employees hours. I have noticed an increase in productivity due to the fact that we are not wasting any time on unnecessary tasks.

TouchBistro review by Craig N.
Craig N.

"TouchBistro review"

What do you like best?

Not being tied to a hardware based system and ease of use

What do you dislike?

Reporting still needs some improvement on time keeping. Would like sales to show both gross and net sales for sales category, and would like cloud reporting to have all the same functions as the iPads. And would love to have online ordering and payment fully integrated for take out orders (ie: guest orders online, pays online, the the order prints up automatically in our kitchen)

Recommendations to others considering the product

use it

Fast and easy for both staff and managers

TouchBistro review by Dana N.
Dana N.

"Great POS Option"

What do you like best?

+I think one of the best features is ease of adding new menu items to the system. It takes a total of about 20 seconds to get item in , price and assign printers.

What do you dislike?

-Sometimes getting with Tech support can take some time but other than that it is a minor problem to all of the benefits that you get by using TouchBistro

Know in real time what sales are. This is huge in a fast paced club atmosphere.

TouchBistro review by Ashley K.
Ashley K.

"IPad POS System Saves Us the Trouble!!"

What do you like best?

I have been on both ends of this service and I would have to say my utmost absolute favorite part of this POS system is truly that once you get up to the cashier, your food or coffee is already waiting for you since whilst standing in line, the wait staff can take your order right then and there! It's so incredibly easy to use, and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

It is kind of pricey but is SO worth it to improve your service!

I would have to say the best benefit that Touch Bistro offers us as users on both ends is: 1. Improves service, which makes both your customers and employees happier.

TouchBistro review by Tenzin D.
Tenzin D.

"Most user friendly POS"

What do you like best?

Have been using touchbistro for the past five years. Efficient and user friendly. Have recommended it to several restaurant owner friends. Some have it and are happy with it.

What do you dislike?

Print layout, category icons and mobile printing. Too rigid. Needs more flexibility so that we can customize with icons that we are visually fonolar with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flexibility for icons and pics in menus and printer alignments.

Saves time running back and forth with orders. No need for paper orders means saves on time and money.

TouchBistro review by Robin L.
Robin L.

"Love the ease of it!"

What do you like best?

This system is bases like an iPhone, so most of my employees are able to use it immediately with almost no training! The programming side requires more attention, but is still very simple to do.

What do you dislike?

i would like to have more control over what prints on the ticket (chit to this Canadian based company). I would like to customize how certain items and ingredients are listed, especially the order they are listed and the detail involved. But this is a small complaint for a great system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have a small scale deli/cafe. This system works so great for our size and doesn't have a ton features that we don't use getting in the way.

The biggest benefit to us is consistency, especially with pricing. I also love the ease of reports for taxes and inventory.

TouchBistro review by Paul N.
Paul N.

"Best POS System Hands Down!! Affordable, Modern, Flexible, Cost Effective, Scalable! 5 STARS!!"

What do you like best?

Modern, user-friendly system is intuitive and flexible! Unbelievably cost effective and very scalable.

What do you dislike?

No built-in inventory management. Not too big of a deal, but would be a nice standard feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use the system for a coffee shop so we do not use a lot of the system. I am unable to comment on how it satisfies a full scale restaurant. With that said, since it was primarily designed for cafe's and restaurants, it should be very accommodating considering the features and cost benefit.

The system has a very clean interface that anyone can quickly learn – unlike many other 'bulky' systems, and allows for on-the-fly changes to menus, or pricing, etc. when needed. Also, we have been able to calculate our ROI quickly and easily from day-to-day, month-to-month, and year-to-year!. Our CPA loves us!

TouchBistro review by George R.
George R.

"Great POS for food service"

What do you like best?

TouchBistro was very easy to set up, and their customer service is great. I also appreciate the updates they have made in the short time (7 months) we have been using the system. The training from TouchBistro was also really good.

What do you dislike?

It would be really nice to have a training mode for new staff. It took us quite a while to figure out how to set up our craft cocktails and other modifiers: more best practice info would have been helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can visit or talk to another similar business using TouchBistro, I highly recommend that.

Split bills, reporting, trading tables when needed are all super simple with TouchBistro. We found it a great tool in opening a new restaurant and our servers all appreciate how it makes their job easier.

TouchBistro review by User in Glass, Ceramics & Concrete
User in Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

"costa rica bar arriba"

What do you like best?

no hand written receipts

we can see our best selling items and modify the worst selling

we can set budgets for each month for entertainment

track spending and expenses easily

a proper set of books for business resale in the future

color coding for employees

tracking discounts and voids

our competitors have a hard time keeping up with our efficiency with the new technology

easy to add daily specials and happy hour items

What do you dislike?

easy to discount multiple times (when item is entered and when taking payment)

late night entering single drink order times, entering all the vendor info for set up

time for set up of menus and menu items

resetting the system frequently due to power failures and internet disruption

cost of the initial system

cost of system is very high as we are a very small pub restaurant, we do not need all the features, maybe a entry level system might be a good idea to offer

restaurant layout could be a bit more custom as we have alot of different seating areas

Recommendations to others considering the product

system was easy to purchase, takes significant time to implement for first time users

staff missing writing down items when its busy

inventory is tighter

sharing our reports with all of our owners easily

starting to use the iphone apps to view daily sales

we finally have a set of working books to use

look much more professional with touch screen / pos equipment

TouchBistro review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Touch Bistro iPad System "

What do you like best?

Our pizza restaurant is in its fifth year of business. We decided to make the switch to an iPad-based POS in year four because our lease was up on an older desktop-based system. We did hours of comparison between 5-6 other iPad-based POS systems and TouchBistro was the clear winner. We like the ability to customize different aspects of the pizzas, salads, etc. easily (it does take a lot of patience to program the menu into the POS). The service has been quick and they have an answer to 85% of the issues. If the functionality is not currently available TB submits the issue to the dev team. Since being with TB they have updated the system twice, which has added some of the requested functions. Luckily TB is a tech company and can continually better the system, unlike some of the older POS systems where you were stuck with the version you purchased (4 years ago).

What do you dislike?

There are a few requests I have that would make the system better.

- Alcohol Tax - It would be amazing if you can only input the price of a beer into the system ($5 for a Pacifico) and the tax would automatically be included in that price (i.e. - customer only pays $5.00). Currently, we have to back the 8% tax (charge $4.60) for ever beer we input so that the customer sees a round number when paying.

- Cloud - The cloud reporting is okay. We own multiple businesses and are not at the restaurant all of the time. It would be great to be able to access all of the same reports we can see on the iPad. Also, it would be nice if when you bookmarked TB Cloud if the date that populated the page was today or the previous day. Currently, the Cloud defaults to the day you bookmarked the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it has all of the functionality you are used to with your current system (if you are switching).

TouchBistro has allowed us to speed up our ordering process, provide better customer service, and the system is very intuitive in the day of the iEverything. Our employees are very familiar with Apple products and TB has done a great job mimicking Apple's swiping gestures, etc.

TouchBistro review by Administrator

"Cant seem to figure out how to transfer to a new owner"

What do you like best?

simplicity of use, easy for new staff to integrate

What do you dislike?

After selling my business the new owner still had access to my entire history of Touch Bistro. A month before the sale I contacted TB and asked how my sales history etc information will be ported over to either a new account or held in the cloud in the event I needed to retrieve information due to an audit. They assured me I could download the system to a new personal iPad and use that as a link on demand through their tech department when needed. On the day before closing I did this with a tech downloading all my business historical data.

Needless to say, the new owner of the business continues to have access to my historical financial information. I have called perhaps 10 times to TB and have been assured at least 4 times this has been done. Calling them is a task itself as they don't seem to be able to manage their growth and look after their customers. No one seems to know what to do and how to cut off the access to my financial information. I suspect its not the first time someone has sold their business and the new owners kept the TB POS system, but I don't trust TB anymore and will not use it in any of my new restaurants.

none now

TouchBistro review by Whitney D.
Whitney D.

"Just signed up and loving every bit of it!!!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is for our staff to input items and even click on them to view all ingredients instead of asking the kitchen. I love how precise the reporting is so that we can see what is selling and when. I love that we can see how many people have come in that day, even if we are somewhere sitting on the beach.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. The price and set up were really in line with what we are looking for and it appears to be really user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They make setup so easy from the demo to purchasing your hardware and getting you in touch with the best credit card processor while putting no pressure on you to use their vendors or products.

Not having to ask the kitchen an ingredient is huge as well as the counter space we saving with the ipad we are using for TouchBistro.

TouchBistro review by Martin S.
Martin S.

"Seems like great system, with little lack on service "

What do you like best?

We have a great experience with Touch Bistro so far - even when we're not up and running yet...

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue I see is that phone calls are never answered from their sells rep staff! Reason why I am saying that is because the time when we were in a training process I tried to reach out several times their staff but unfortunately nobody was available.

I believe that this will be fixed in the near future and I cant wait for being their customer wit 100% satisfaction!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend touch bistro. As far as our experience goes with them, Everything seem to be at the right place.

N/A

TouchBistro review by Tim F.
Tim F.

"All around great restaurant POS system in an app format."

What do you like best?

Very user friendly. Can perform with the beast of the POS field like Micros, Squirrel, etc.

What do you dislike?

Not able to analyze multiple restaurants on the same dashboard. We need to sign into each location on the cloud in order to compare numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the scheduling program 7shifts with TouchtBistro. It allows for budgeting as well so you can tighten up your payroll cost.

Access to create daily promotions on the fly and update pricing. This allows us to follow the market trends when dealing with centre of the plate items like NY striploins etc and put in weekly or even daily market menu prices to combat high cost.

TouchBistro review by Zach S.
Zach S.

"Great Foundation, constantly improving"

What do you like best?

They've created a pos that is perfect for smaller restaurants (100 seats or less, maybe 150 seats). This system is great to allow you to not have to put up a bunch of cash for equipment and technology to get your business going or integrate a new pos to replace an outdated one. Overall, once they integrate an update of technology to have a cash management system I will be completely happy with the choice I've made in selecting touchbistro

What do you dislike?

with a few improvements and different software integrations or upgrades to add needed features, they will certainly be an industry leader and major competitor. More so than they already are.

Their customer service phone lines tend to be busier than they should be, but they always respond directly to you within 24 hours and have solutions that don't keep you guessing. accessing some reports can be difficult, but for the most part you can dig as deep through reports as you need to, its when you are looking for specifics of specifics is one of a few areas that they struggle

The major benefits are on the fly adjustments to menus and having access to the admin side on the actual ipads instead of accessing a back office computer all the time to make changes, customization has become simpler and easier to accomplish to mold the system to fit our business. which ultimately streamlines the efficiency of my staff

TouchBistro review by James N.
James N.

"Excellent choice as first or upgrade POS"

What do you like best?

Front of house ease of use. Customer friendly, quick checkouts, paying at table, ordering & re-ordering. Easy to edit order, transfer table, add new seats or split checks. Think of (old way) of seating customers, provide menus, walk to get drinks, then when ready come back to table and write it all down manually, then stand there review order (scribble out changes etc...), walk back to a stand alone POS terminal and wait in line for other servers (or not)... if you have a question on order... you have to loose order, walk (of death) back to confirm order with table then walk all the way back to get in line to use stand alone POS. TB makes it so easy that while you input drinks, hit send BAM have runner get them out ASAP. While ordering appetizers (drinks come out). App's get sent. Then take order at table. Corrections, alterations, changes after an entire order... AT TABLE! easy...easy...easy!

What do you dislike?

TB could improve on reporting and inventory. Not as antiquated as one who obsesses over COG or COL would desire. This is the missing 5th star. However, major improvement to cloud reporting! They are always in process of strong updates and enhancements!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get high speed internet no matter how many iPads (enable bridge mode). Easy to Install yourself. TB can remote in to help with anything else. Set up menu at home or configure at home and move to business, with minor settings to change (i.e. internet). Use at least 2 airport extremes (Hard wired) and do not use 3rd party. Mac Mini is fine for high volume establishment as long as you SSD installed. Try to get any iPads refurbished or an open item box.

Cut service time by an average of 7 minutes per table. Turning over more tables has made me realize about $2,000 more per busy nights. Pays for itself!

TouchBistro review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"A decent iPAD POS system, but still has some issues"

What do you like best?

The ease of an iPad based POS is nice. The controls are just like any iOS app, which makes life pretty easy. Mobility and everything are great. Touchbistro is pretty responsive when you have technical issues, and when there is a feature missing, they submit it to their programming team to work on it for a new edition.

What do you dislike?

The system itself is pretty cumbersome for a simple brewery tasting room setting. It slows down service when you have to ring in a simple cash transaction, for example. The last couple of updates have had really terrible bugs in them - labor reports and sales reports had errors and the numbers were wrong. If you're a small business owner, you know that is huge when you are trying to do pay roll and send numbers to your accountants. Although they always respond when you have a technical issue, they never answer the phone when you call, but rather call you back (usually take more than 3 hours for them to do so), so if you have an immediate problem, you're likely going to get stuck waiting around with angry guests. We were also promised when we signed up that the system would be able to hold credit card information, but by the time we got it set up, it no longer did this. They say it was in response to the new chip reader laws, but I personally know several other POS systems used locally that still take the info no problem. Because of this, it is hard to search for old checks and things unless you know the four digit check number. Although I know that all POS systems have problems, and this is the first iPad system I have used, so it's possible that the others out there have their own issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think through every situation in which you might need to use your POS system, and actually go through step by step to find out what you need. Then, explore all of the options out there. At the time, TouchBistro was the best available for us, but there are constant developments and newcomers to the iPad POS game.

We solved the problem of needing a POS, and not needing a huge bells and whistles, full restaurant type. We have almost exclusively beverages and some merchandise. But it is nice that Touchbistro is flexible enough to handle that simplicity, the complex restaurant set up, and several extras like events and things.

TouchBistro review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Very user friendly!"

What do you like best?

We love TouchBistro for our wine bar. It is extremely user friendly and we are able to quickly switch between different types of wine and our food section. It is very easy to set up specials of the day and happy hour pricing. If you are familiar with Apple products, you will love the set up of Touch Bistro. The splitting the tab function is very convenient and easy to use. We also love the ability to ring someone up right at their table and allow them to sign on the screen. I would definitely recommend TouchBistro.

What do you dislike?

A bit tedious to enter items, but once you get th e hang of it, it's not so bad!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are familiar with Apple products, you will love the ease of the iPads to take orders and do reporting.

Reporting functions are great at keeping an eye of sales and staffing.

TouchBistro review by Larry L.
Larry L.

"So Functional"

What do you like best?

TouchBistro provides my customers with great service. The speed and functionality of this POS allows servers time to interact with the guest more and eliminate order mistakes.

What do you dislike?

Nothing bad about the TouchBistro POS. Staff & management love it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TouchBistro is the way of the future.. .no more forgetting orders or waiting in line for the POS.

Order mistakes are few and far between, since the staff is entering it directly into the TouchBistro iPad. Customers are altered immediately by the server when an extra charge is to be incurred for a special order. If staff forgets to punch in at the start of a shift, its easy to make an adjustment.

TouchBistro review by Alex N.
Alex N.

"Almost perfect"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and the ability to easily adjust the menu with new items

What do you dislike?

That despite several requests I still could not get a solution to display a second currency for my customer bill total - a big drawback

Recommendations to others considering the product

TB is very easy to learn for new employees, it is very flexible in terms of menu items and modifications, it gives you good basic statistics on what sells best, sales spread over time and even by table and or waiter, depending on what you need most. Especially for small units like ours it really is almost perfect.

Professional looking customer bills, good statistics, some accounting features

TouchBistro review by Debbie T.
Debbie T.

"Best Restaurant System"

What do you like best?

We love the ease of using this system. Everything is very instinctive which is great for my staff.

What do you dislike?

Gift cards were an issue but we solved it by switching credit card processors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend TouchBistro to other restaurants. Great value!

It is an easy system to monitor sales, payroll and inventory.

TouchBistro review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"TouchBistro for a quick service restaurant"

What do you like best?

I have been using Touch Bistro for one month now. They do have some nice features but if your a quick service restaurant DO NOT USE THEM. They are totally focused on full service restaurants and do not seem to want to change that.

What do you dislike?

We are a small coffee shop and my top two complaints(I seem to find more thing that work against us the more we go forward) are listed below. Every credit card slip prints out twice so that the customer can sign and that does not include the itemized one. We go thru rolls each day since we have small transactions.You actually can not access payroll from the cloud in a user friendly way. If you would like to get out a calculator and add each employee up shift by shift then your in luck. VERY FRUSTRATED!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know how EVERYTHING works before you sign up.

N/A

TouchBistro review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"consultant doing review of pos systems for client"

What do you like best?

I loved the system and loved the reporting. It was very user friendly and I was really excited about showing it to my client.

What do you dislike?

I was surprised to learn that it wasn't built for multi-unit use. How disappointing. The sales rep I was speaking with was great. I loved the system and she said a multi-unit version was coming out soon, but still 12+ mos out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Looked great if you were single unit.

I was working with a client to switch pos systems. We wanted to switch from Micros and really liked what we saw until we found out it was for single unit use only.

TouchBistro review by Christa S.
Christa S.

"POS that is easy to use, has great integrations and is affordable!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy touch bistro is to use, it makes training new employees easy!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i dislike, have had no problems with this POS

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it

Since using touch bistro, we have found so many ways to intgrate our schedule, time clocking and accounting software, making all those things more accurate

TouchBistro review by Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.

"Perfect POS"

What do you like best?

We have used many different systems over the years from big names like digital dining and micros, to newer apps like square. This is undeniably the best, most complete POS system on the market. We now operate a full service fast casual restaurant and this is perfect for

us. Highly recommended!

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything to dislike. It takes some time to set up, but they all do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it!

Our main benefit has been the ability to take orders table side. This has sped up our ordering process and gotten rid of most mistakes.

TouchBistro review by Deirdre M.
Deirdre M.

"Amazing Service"

What do you like best?

I have only just started using TouchBistro - but i am already extremley impressed with their APP as well as their customer service. I look forward to continue using them as my POS!

What do you dislike?

So far nothing, maybe the set up and how the groups show up on my iPad. But other than that, no complaints so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazing and super simple to use. Quick and easy setup!

The business problems that i am solving are my cashiers effiency on the cash. They are quickly able to find the items that they are looking for.

TouchBistro review by David L.
David L.

"Great iPad POS System "

What do you like best?

Ease of use - touchbistro is easy to use and set up. iPads are the way to go these days. Most everyone is familiar with Apple and how to use it.

What do you dislike?

Menu set up is a little difficult if you have a large menu. Everything is done on there iPad, so it can take some time to set up. Touchbistro will input and set up your menu for a very reasonable amount and get you up and running quickly.

Training and accurate order entry were my biggest problems. With touchbistro the orders go to the kitchen and are made quickly and easily. The kitchen no longer has to try to read hand written tickets and asking questions about how to make the orders

TouchBistro review by Owen S.
Owen S.

"Great support"

What do you like best?

The support is always prompt and service agents respond to needs immediately. Back end report easy and simple to use on the cloud

Really helpful and great way to control. The business

What do you dislike?

If I were to focus on improving touchbistto it would be giving manager functionality crossing over to some of the admin functions

Customers service is improved as staff are able to move from table to table

More seamlessly with out delays or distractions

TouchBistro review by Jeff R.
Jeff R.

"A great experience with fast quick install."

What do you like best?

The best feature is the ease of setting up and training employees. I have cut my training time to in half from our old system. We are not only training people quicker but have eliminated mistakes and user errors with the structure of the ordering system and ease of chits for the cooks.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes so far. Would like to see in future updates a way for the manager to "86" an item on the fly so it still appears but can't be ordered.

We needed to be able speed our order entry and handle large tables that request split tickets. TouchBistro excels in this and ensures tickets are rung correctly.

TouchBistro review by Jiaxin W.
Jiaxin W.

"Easy and simple to use. Love it !!"

What do you like best?

Easy set up and stable. Easy to to split the check.

What do you dislike?

If there is a party for three people, and two of the customer wants to split the share order between them. And third person just pay what he/she order. Share order can only divide by three not two.

A lots customers want to split the check at the end of the meal. Touchbistro POS is so simple to use just move the items around seat number

TouchBistro review by Erin L.
Erin L.

"Easy to navigate. Provides very detailed reports."

What do you like best?

All of the reports are very detailed and easy to read. It is easy to total reconcile the end of day cash with the end of day reports. Easy to input customer orders as well.

What do you dislike?

Cashing out orders was sometimes complicated. There were issues that employees had when trying to delete an item just as they were cashing out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend TouchBistro!

We needed to update our system. Finding it a lot easier to use for our students as they are technologically advanced

TouchBistro review by Edward B.
Edward B.

"Most versatile and easy to use POS."

What do you like best?

So easy to add new menu items, I can add menu items and modifiers at the drop of a hat.

What do you dislike?

That clocking out its a new shift altogether for cash outs. Does not work well for my staff that are on Splits and carrying over their reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most user friendly and versatile POS out there. Everything is there for you at your fingertips.

Reservations and take out orders are organized

TouchBistro review by Nick O.
Nick O.

"Switching to TouchBistro was our best decision!"

What do you like best?

The easiness of use, intuitiveness and flexibility.

What do you dislike?

The cost of initial investment is a bit high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the restaurants/cafes it's a must. Helps to manage the venue, serve clients faster and better and decrease the servers mistakes

It allows us to spend less time on shifts reports, payroll. Also we love the features like splitting items/bills in any possible way and an integration with payment processor.

TouchBistro review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Using the POS has transformed our nightly accounting and sales transactions. "

What do you like best?

I am very happy with how simple touchbistro is to set up, learn and use. We are able to look back at our records and see what sells on which nights, compare sales over years and print and email the records to our accountant.

What do you dislike?

The system can get glitchy during the night, causing us to have to log in again and sometimes even turn off the program and start it up again, which can be stressful on a busy night.

We are able to compare nightly sales to see which items sell when, record employees hours and tips and keep our accounting easily accessible.

TouchBistro review by MATHIAS P.
MATHIAS P.

"Great service, confort of use and quick customer support"

What do you like best?

Fast and convenient, intuitive, easy use

What do you dislike?

The SEND button needs to be bigger at bottom right just like an ENTER button on keyboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fast and easy. Keep up good work and updates. Maybe include third party delivery merchants like seamless caviar delivery.com for easier track

Keeping track of clock in clock out, tax Infos and any kind of stats

TouchBistro review by Annina H.
Annina H.

"User-friendly & easy to train"

What do you like best?

TouchBistro is easy to learn for new staff and manager members.

Logging in from your phone or computer and checking up to date reports is also very helpful

What do you dislike?

Training mode would be nice. Other then that its a wonderful program

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product!

time management is great to have a snapshot report with labour cost etc.

TouchBistro review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Clear Concise POS"

What do you like best?

The implementation, training and startup went smoothly. Initial setup took about 2 hours once we had hardware in hand. Menus are clear and concise and easy to use. Staff training took 5 minutes.

What do you dislike?

The inventory management system is a little slow but work great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation with Staffing Scheduling and Xero are Life Savers.

Needed a clear and concise POS system to utilize for our taproom / wine bar. This system installed without any issue and we were off and running with very minimal training needed.

TouchBistro review by Shane A.
Shane A.

"Great customizable POS!"

What do you like best?

The ability to change the available items on the menu in real time.

What do you dislike?

PayPal integration has a lot to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use PayPal, as it has a very poor integration and deployment. Touchbistro support has virtually no experience with PayPal and problems take multiple days to solve.

Speed of service. Better customer engagement.

TouchBistro review by Joshua C.
Joshua C.

"User- and backend-friendly"

What do you like best?

TouchBistro has been attested to by all of our staff members as the most user-friendly POS they've used. Obtaining sales date is straightforward.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the Cloud was in full production as I'm not always near an iPad to access reports. I find some of the breakdowns by Section to be odd, like how Cash Registers are their own section rather than included within the section they occupy.

The POS module is sleek and sexy, even receiving nods from customers. Highly transportable, which is nice. Fairly quick backend tech support.

Learn more about TouchBistro Restaurant POS

TouchBistro Restaurant POS Videos

Learning about TouchBistro Restaurant POS?

* We monitor all TouchBistro Restaurant POS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.