SolarWinds MSP Manager

4.0

SolarWinds MSP Manager is a web-based help desk & billing software for IT service businesses with native mobile apps for on-the-go ticket access for technicians.

Work for SolarWinds MSP Manager?

Learning about SolarWinds MSP Manager?

SolarWinds MSP Manager Reviews

Ask SolarWinds MSP Manager a Question
Showing 11 SolarWinds MSP Manager reviews
SolarWinds MSP Manager review by Andrew L.
Andrew L.

"MSP's Best Friend: MSP Manager"

What do you like best?

This is the one-stop-shop for MSPs who need to see their clients status at a glance. Integrated into the Manager is a ticketing system, portal, client-side portal, billing and Operations board to see everything happening at all times. There is a free, fully featured demo that allows you to really see how awesome this is.

What do you dislike?

There are still some features other products offer that SolarWinds is developing such as Backup, but that was just released as a separate (included) application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the fully featured demo before you try any other product. It allows you to carry over settings if purchased, and allows you to get a good taste before you pay anything. its a 30 day trial, so you can actually implement and test.

Ease of managing many clients and providing an excellent MSP experience. This allows your business to be ahead of problems and keep your clients running at peak efficiency even without you being onsite.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about SolarWinds MSP Manager
SolarWinds MSP Manager review by Kristy F.
Kristy F.

"Versatile RMM"

What do you like best?

Solarwinds has very customisable error reporting. It also makes patch management across multiple sites much easier.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my payments don't show up on the site and weeks or months later I need to call to have them confirm that payment has been processed and to make it show on my account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are competent with tech, this is a great product. If you are learning, this may not be a good option.

I can automate and customise reports sent to clients. I love scheduling reboots and patch installation.

What Help Desk solution do you use?

SolarWinds MSP Manager review by DIEGO  B.
DIEGO B.

"very well "

What do you like best?

the easy and fast way to acesss my client's Pc's and solve theyr problems is very intuitive manage the software and i can measure my productivity with this tool

What do you dislike?

constantly updates,one day is in a way ,in another totally different but the main buttons and resources still there ,you just need to find then

Recommendations to others considering the product

VERY WELL RETURN TO YOUR BUSINESS

note validates, fiscal rules,system problems ,bugs

SolarWinds MSP Manager review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Works for what it is"

What do you like best?

The product is online and available from almost any device. The product integrates well with other Solarwinds products.

What do you dislike?

The feature set is a little light. The more you use it the more you realize it does not have the full functionality of other PSA tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a full blown PSA then don't go with this. If you are starting small and need a basic ticketing/billing system this will fit the bill and does integrate with the RMM tool well.

This functions as a good ticketing, time tracking and scheduling tool and integrates will with Ncentral. It allows for billing and utilization tracking for my business.

SolarWinds MSP Manager review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"MSP - Difficult to Easy"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of MSP is that I can enter my students information in stages. Being responsible for enrollment is a rather large fast and tracking from prospect to enrolled student is critical and knowing where the student is along the enrollment funnel is a primary goal every day. MSP allows me to track at each spot in the funnel.

What do you dislike?

I find that MSP is often cumbersome to use. It takes a long time to go from screen to screen to enter data and then go back and find it. There is not a streamlined way to enter all the students information and then pull an accurate report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend MSP despite that I do have challenges with it. I feel that their customer support is excellent and that they are working towards making it a user friendly system.

I am responsible for the new enrollment of a small Catholic school. I am solving the enrollment issue after several years of a decline. I do like MSP for its ability to track student enrollment.

SolarWinds MSP Manager review by User in Information Technology and Services

"MSP Manager Love :) "

What do you like best?

Well, it was a huge learning curve for all of us.

But there is a lot of info out there to help you learn.

The ticketing system is stellar, the support is stellar,

There is a lot of details which we like to put in that others did not have available.

What do you dislike?

BILLING.

billing integration with quickbooks, is SO slow. And we have not found a fix for it as of yet. We thought it was the connector on our end but we`ve changed things and that did not help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At first we were unsure of MSP manager because we kept finding bugs, but the support tickets we put in were answered and knocked out rather quickly. Because of that, I definitely highly recommend now.

This has allowed us to keep our residential and commercial clients separate, yet together.....Same program, same screen all in the same database, the tickets show up together. But we are able to keep their billing separate, because of different service items.

SolarWinds MSP Manager review by Bret W.
Bret W.

"Intuitive, well featured and reasonably priced."

What do you like best?

The remote management facility is an excellent choice for those providing a fully managed service. The features allow connection to services remotely and pushing out patches.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to dislike, the interface is clean, integration with your own website is a really useful feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, you will not be disappointed with the end result, and my customers love it.

Remote support is my main task and clients can send the request via my website so don't have to call me. I also find the remote computer management features extremely useful.

"MSP manager is the up and comer !"

What do you like best?

The best thing is being able to track, access and monitor all customers. Ticket Creation is simple for the techs, and the customer can also be contacted directly from it.

It holds all the info you could ever want and is easy to find.

What do you dislike?

Support is good but SLOW and when you need support, sometimes you need it now not in 48-72 hours. It also is in a constant beta state, they are still working on it. That can be a huge downfall and deal breaker for some people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a learning curve as with anything

Keeping everyones info and tickets in one place, it integrates so easily with our billing system too!

SolarWinds MSP Manager review by User

"SolarWinds MSP Manager is able to do everything we need it to."

What do you like best?

I love how quickly SolarWinds is able to inform us of any problems that our system may be having.

What do you dislike?

There are times where we have to really search for what is wrong once we are told about it through SolarWinds, but that is a rare occurrence.

We are in the call center business, and SolarWinds helps us realize when there is a problem quickly. That is most important for us because if something goes wrong, then the worst case scenario is that we have to shut everything down for a day. With SolarWinds, we don't run into that issue.

SolarWinds MSP Manager review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"unstable product"

What do you like best?

its web based so no hardware to maintain.

What do you dislike?

unstable. keep crashing no matter which browser you're using. some time entries just disappeared and sometimes multiple entries shows up so clients get charge double to triple than what they should be charged.

Recommendations to others considering the product

get another product. you will be frustrated with the software.

using it to track ticket request

SolarWinds MSP Manager review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"High performance, Quality Interface "

What do you like best?

The overall layout of this application is outstanding, when compared to other runner-up choices.

What do you dislike?

At times, the level of SLA provided by solar winds is sub par.

Overall customer satisfaction is being achieved at an all time high.

Learning about SolarWinds MSP Manager?

* We monitor all SolarWinds MSP Manager reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.