Rainforest QA Reviews & Product Details

Rainforest QA Overview

What is Rainforest QA?

Rainforest offers an on-demand QA solution that automates the testing process and makes executing large and complex test suites as simple as an API call. Our platform allows teams to integrate QA processes directly into their development workflow, and offloads test execution to an AI-powered execution engine for fast, reliable and scalable results.

Rainforest QA Details

Rainforest QA is an end-to-end Quality Assurance solution that automates regression testing processes with both crowd-based, and proprietary UI based automated testing that can all be run in parallel. Our hosted VM Infrastructure means teams have access to hassle-free cross-browser, mobile, and desktop testing all on one test management platform. Teams leveraging DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Agile love Rainforest because tests are written quickly in Plain English and create fast, reliable and scalable results!

Proprietary Test Automation: No-code automation, no technical expertise required. Our automation tests your application as your users see it - visually - as opposed to using the underlying representation like other automation solutions. Try it today in our free trial!

On-Demand Crowd Testing: Our global crowd is available 24/7 for testing whenever you're ready, not when your QA team is free. Functional and regression tests are run across multiple browsers and devices in parallel, with results in under 30 minutes.

Easy to Use: Write tests in plain English and Rainforest will handle everything from running the tests and receiving results, all integrated with many popular existing continuous integration and bug tracking tools.

Flexible and Scalable: Powered by a combination of qualified human testers and machine learning algorithms means you don’t have to rewrite tests for every code change, giving the freedom to scale up and down QA bandwidth anytime.

Rainforest
2012
San Francisco, CA
@rainforestqa

Rainforest QA Videos

Rainforest QA Screenshots

Rainforest QA Reviews

Showing 79 Rainforest QA reviews
Already have Rainforest QA?
What do you like best?

Ease of use - there are multiple ways to write a test; plain English, automation, you can even submit a video and have test writers write the test on your behalf. When writing tests, the ability to preview tests before publishing is also a nice feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Coming up with test data. Our company deals with a lot pf PII, so spending time making fake files can be a bit of a hassle, but that'd be the case with or without Rainforest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're working into kicking off tests once developers are at a certain point, so the QAs don't have to manually go in and run tests while they're working on something, or after each sprint release. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Because we are short-staffed, it is nice having Rainforest to fall back on. They show you your history of running each test, they have automation as well as tests that utilize human intervention. If you need help writing a test, they will write or rewrite it for you! They assign a program manager to you so you can ask questions about the product. My PM, Dave, is the best! I have has a positive experience over all! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Rainforest does not fully understand our application so its hard figuring out how to use the exploratory test or test writing services to create new tests. This is not a flaw on Rainforest's part, necessarily. This is just how it works since they are a third party tool and it is up to me to communicate new features to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I dont have any Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are short-staffed so its nice having another testing resource. The test rewriting feature also helps when I dont have time to figure out the problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Rainforest QA
UP
What do you like best?

I like the fact that the test case writing process is as simple as your understanding for the feature you are writing for. By having the english step by step option, test case writing looks more like a story that the crowd tester is integrated with than just a dumb terminal running a test case suite. Also the feedback from the crowd makes it easy to troubleshoot the issue or add more clear and concise verbiage to the existing test case. Lastly,I like it that Rainforest has decided to bolster their initiative to make the automation testing more robust. I look forward to harness the potential power of such a testing tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of time that it takes to spin up a virtual machine instance for the English written cases as well as the automation cases. There are times when I have waited several minutes for the terminal to be ready. In our world that seems like a lifetime. I also am not fond of the amount of time that it takes for the automation to cache and run the test cases after the vm has loaded. It does not appear to front load the cases and then run them instead it appears that it reads each test case in serial prior to loading and then running. I am also not a fan of not having some sought of library that can be used when creating the automation cases. Lastly, there should be an auto save for the automation case writing so that you don't lose hours of work because somehow the window got closed or navigated away from. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to maximize your QA testing bottom lines, Rainforest offers scalability, time savings, cost cutting and flexibility. All the things that are needed to release a strongly tested product to your clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving for volume and velocity by having the flexibility of having the crowd testing done literally in tandem with each other at any given time. We are also solving for efficiency with the simplicity of test case writing which ensures expeditious test case preview and execution. Thirdly, we are solving the large cost associated with engineers having to manually run periodic and systematic test cases on a time schedule. Having the run groups at our disposal helps minimize that burden. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer II
What do you like best?

- test creation is simple via screen shots

- easy to use api for ci/cd integration

- tests are easily reviewable because of video playback

- ability to run tests via automation or via crowd

- tagging system for separating false positives from real issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- mobile support (browser) could be a bit stronger

- tests can take some time to run

- refactoring test steps can be a little monotonous Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- full stack integration tests which make deploying widespread or sweeping changes easier

- helps with feature accountability and regression prevention Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Product
What do you like best?

The ability to run "manual" test on demand and get results within hours and not days. Also the Rainforest Team is very helpful and responsive, we have worked with them to provide feedback and they have help us with or ambitious automation goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Most of the issues that I dislike are unique to our process and products. The way tests are linked to "sites" makes it difficult for some of our integration goals. Not being able to track tests results across an arbitrary "release record/tag" and get that info via the api. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Your current approaches to testing may not 100% translate to the Rainforest platform as they exist today but they are possible. Work with Rainforest and they will get you where you want to be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quick functional testing & feedback on new software releases. We are able to quickly determine if new releases have regression or are ready to move up the CD pipeline. Zero infrastructure cross browser testing is a huge problem we are solving with Rainforest. We have realized our goals for faster commit to deploy times and great confidence in releases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The flexibility between Manual and Automation testing and its features makes your job more enjoyable and less stressful. The one platform for both manual and automation testing is my favorite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I love working with Rainforest, at the moment I do not have any bad feeling about the tool. I have been using Rainforest for less than a year now, I'm sure if anything arises in the future I will point that out to the channel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn it and enjoy using it, you will be delighted that you did. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Running a lot of Automation and Manual tests for my projects. It is beneficial for developers and the QA testers, and I will highly recommend others to learn and use it if their industry decides on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Tests that would take our in house manual team 2-3 days can be executed by Rainforest in a couple of hours. Rainforest has significantly increased our turnaround time, coverage and throughput.

Our on boarding process and continual support from our customer success manager has been second to none.

We have been fortunate enough to be able to try out some of Rainforests beta products, which has been a fantastic opportunity for us and a fascinating insight into how Rainforest are continuously pushing to evolve their already outstanding platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Refactoring tests can be a pain but the draft function with suggestions from the RF QA crowd on how to improve them is really helpful.

JIRA integration should be able to cope with assigning tickets to multiple projects, assigning to users adding labels etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its the best thing to happen to our QA department in 8 years. Fast turnaround, greater coverage, test writing, exploratory, now automation. All with excellent support. Highly recommended.Go for it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a LOT of tests to get through in some very aggressive timelines that we simply could not manage without the help of Rainforest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

The best part is clicking a button to run several tests at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The automation piece needs a little bit more work so that it's useful to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't waste your time looking elsewhere, Rainforest QA has everything you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Regression testing has become so much easier. I no longer have to think about what to run, I just hit a button and Rainforest runs all of it, while I do something else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IC
What do you like best?

Ease of setup for the first time - no fuss! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some features still being developed for use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it for a month. If you don't keep it I'll be surprised. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Regression testing is SOLVED!

Less bugs in prod, more pre-emptive fixes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Ability to have tests refactored by a member of RFQA when they fail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like to separate tests by projects for a much cleaner experience I feel like the UI feels a little cluttered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shorten time to get applications to production. Faster tests coverage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

The team is very responsive when I have a question or any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with the email system that causes delays in testing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use/implement and great support from the team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Additional safety new. Making sure that our site is sound. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Rainforest came in to our lives and has provided the best peace of mind knowing that there is a process of walking through our app ensuring that we have not caused new bugs or errors for our end users. I like that I can see so easily how the testers tested, what was clicked and if there is a bug or error I can see it so clearly reproduced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could create a summary of the test - so that I can more easily remember what my tests cover and I find the run groups difficult to control the exact way I'd like to do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Rainforest QA has been such a great investment for our software testings. We love the testers feedback and the lift it's provided to our regression testing and deployments has been over 80% improvement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have solved the issue that sometimes we need to click through our application flow to uncover problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Quality Assurance Analyst
What do you like best?

Our team has been very happy since we've started using Rainforest for our monthly release testing. This is because it has drastically reduced the effort our team has to put in to testing because the crowd at Rainforest takes care of a lot of it!

The customer success, customer support and test writing teams are just fantastic! Quick to respond, helpful in finding solutions and a quick turnaround time with test writing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike about Rainforest! One of my "wishes" is that I could send a spreadsheet of tests for the test-writers to work from instead of having to transcribe tests from a spreadsheet into the test-writing builder... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having actual people test our software is a big deal. We get to see where there are blindspots on our part and also where our user interface is not user friendly. Apart from that, the decrease in testing load on our own team's time has been fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

the user experience is very easy and makes navigation smooth and run test even simpler Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

just missing few tool that could help customer such as create a test from the feature page but nothing to big Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

finding bugs in different features and it helps with testing as it gives different perspectives from other users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

Using the run groups makes my testing easier Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Conversely, it's not intuitive to use the run groups against multiple environments with the same underlying code (i.e. staging and production) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Authentication, faster processing of application requests. We have found ways to optimize our application Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

- Tests are easy to write.

- Having people test the app we are building gives a sense of the experience our users go through.

- Ability to ask testers to do a general and thorough test on our app without really giving them steps to test for is really helpful to discover edge cases within the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some testers might not have high level understanding of English language so tests has to be written in its simplest form. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best QA automation tool I have ever worked with. You should try it. You won't be disappointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Saves a lot of development time.

- Quality QA

- Cost effective Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Easy to use and understand. Writing automation tests is very straightforward and anyone on your team can own this. Being able to schedule the groups of tests to run ensures you have minimum testing coverage on your product. You can also customize these to cover the browsers and devices you need, as well as alert you in slack as to whether it passed or failed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few times where the failed test was due to a bug in Rainforest and not a bug in our product. But their support team is top-notch and they're always able to determine this for us in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We started using Rainforest instead of hiring a QA staff member. While this has caused more of a time sink on the product team, that would have been with any software. The burden is less with Rainforest because once you have the tests written and running, you can forget about it. A nice slack integration alerts you of failures so the majority of the time you can release with peace of mind and little manual QA effort. We also have caught a lot of critical bugs that we wouldn't have without Rainforest because we didn't have a consistent way of testing the product nightly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Easy interface, very good customer service, feedback from testers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

only admin permissions, browser versions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helping small team to achieve results, time for the team to focus on critical tasks, multibrowser validation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

QA Engineer
What do you like best?

Great selection of browsers, browser VM's work even better than Browserstack for emulation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There have been many false positives from a variety of sources. Language barriers and just straight up tester error. It would be nice to have multiple options before declaring a failure. "Did A happen? If yes, move to next step. If no, check for B. Did B happen? If yes, move to next step. If no, mark as failure." Delays between kicking off tests and getting feedback can sometimes make it impractical for continuous deployment cycles. Scrolling within the VM and even the VM's screen display is not optimized for smaller device screens. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read over all of the documentation given to testers in regards to what qualifies as a test step passing or failing. Optimizing the capitalization of words, specific use of quotes, and other nitpicky semantics made getting to a regularly reliable testing framework difficult, many false positives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've found that Rainforest QA is actually great for reproducing reported errors on browsers and devices that our QA team does not have. I've ended up using it a lot as an alternative to Browserstack for testing and troubleshooting, which I don't believe it's designed for. I've generally found it more beneficial for regression testing and new feature testing, as we deploy several times a day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It has a great technical support and they are always innovating their system either in interface and new methods, they also have a large base of testers to perform the work in an impeccable way Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

unlike other pages of the medium, the pay given to the testers is lower than average, although they well compensate it with a lot of work to be done daily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They help to make stress tests and get bugs in the systems in addition to helping to optimize the web pages and applications that we are doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EB
What do you like best?

Rainforest QA allows us to build and exercise a QA suite for our application with several key advantages: (1) We don't have to hire our own manual testers, and our license cost with Rainforest is a fraction of the cost of a full-time employee; (2) Because the tests are written in English, we don't have the brittleness and maintenance overhead of coded solutions such as Selenium; (3) Product managers and others who aren't coders are able to write tests, and these are exactly some of the people who are closest to the requirements. On top of this, Rainforest allows us to test against more browser environments than we possibly could stand up on our own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We really haven't hit any limitations with Rainforest that have been a problem for us. We still need more tests in our suite, but that's our problem. It's important to realize that Rainforest is a great tool, but if your organization is struggling with adopting a quality culture, it won't magically solve that problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can get more QA done than our budget would otherwise allow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that Rainforest allows me to easily set up end-to-end QA testing across all of my company's apps and features. The organization of tests (run groups, embedded tests, etc.) allows us to easily set up new tests and test applications end to end. Using them as 'building blocks' allows us to easily iterate on the tests and adjust them every time that we add new features.

This resource has allowed us to Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The upfront time required to set up tests (step variables, writing the actual tests for each features, etc.) can sometimes be confusing, especially if your application/feature has branching paths, and you want to test each path individually.

The setup for testing native applications can also sometimes be challenging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for web application testing. Great platform coverage between many different browser and device configurations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Rainforest has allowed us to save a lot of time and internal hours for QA testing. Rather than set up automation testing for each feature/app, rainforest allows us to test our apps much quicker in a 'hands-off' way, and the human aspect of Rainforest QA allows us to catch more bugs and/or weird occurrences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

When I start using this service I noticed that they really work based on the feedback of the testers and users, we noticed that it offers a valuable input on the release, the integration testing was the cherry over the cake to ensure quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

sometimes on creating the tests it should consider to write it very clearly and direct instructions, the tricky part it that in some cases it could be difficult to run a test when it could be executed for 3 testers at same time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep improving and hear our recommendations, your costumer support is great, I found that I could talk a lot about my needs on testing features, I'll ask you if you please please continue with a feature that could let us to create a cycle of testing and if e.g. test 1 fails you can break them and report the error, I have a nested test like login, if login fails on a set of test it runs all tests failing on login, and thank you for make the testes more reliable I feel that the testers that really put effort on doing the test are working at rainforest, another feature it could be that set dependencies on tests or set 1 test after another. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Integration testing most of the time, it is quite useful when the new releases came and the testes provide information about texts, functions and performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal Engineer
What do you like best?

We've been able to take a defined suite of tests and have them executed by actual people every day allows us to dramatically increase our test coverage without increasing headcount. They continue to iterate and evolve the product, advancing a vision for QA as a Service that has me really excited for the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You do need someone to manage the test suite. Rainforest has some offerings that help this, but like with any outside resource someone internally needs to be accountable for ensuring proper test cases are written and ensure good coverage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Rainforest is our main source of quality testing our product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

- The best thing I like about rainforest QA is the ease of writing test in plain english language.

- Easy integration with slack to get notification when test is running

- Ability to trigger test from command line CLI

- Test grouping and tagging is easy

- Quick support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its difficult to communicate the test steps. You will have be very simplified with the instructions before testers can understand Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I believe it is an interesting tool. Will save a lot of engineering time writing e2e tests. You can easily write the tests yourself or can make use of the test request available in RF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Save a lot of time writing end to end test and we can focus more on developing features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Rainforest QA?