4.7

Ninox Database for mac syncs data with iCloud.

Work for Ninox Database?

Learning about Ninox Database?

Ninox Database Reviews

Ask Ninox Database a Question
Showing 169 Ninox Database reviews
Ninox Database review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Ninox Database
Ninox Database review by Julian K.
Julian K.

"Ninox - definitely one of the best Low Code platforms "

What do you like best?

Ninox lets you build apps very quickly which can start very simple and become more and more sophisticated as your needs grow. It's the first Cloud based platform that I've come across (and I offer consultancy services on several of them) that offers such a wide feature set including an excellent data language (NX). The language itself is very 'compact' (you don't need to write much) and powerful - but the learning curve is quite gentle compared to others.

The absolute key for me with this type of product is that they should run out of steam as the application grow - and they should enable the user to grow their own skills at a gentle pace alongside their app. This was a feat which Microsoft achieved with Access - which goes a long way to explaining why it's still the most used database in the world - and which Ninox appear to have achieved as well.

Of course Ninox adds proper multi user / cross platform / offline capabilities to the mix to bring it into the 21st century!

What do you dislike?

1. I'd like more control over the 'menu' layout so that there's no need to use numbers in table or view names to get them in the order you want.

2. On the same theme, I'd like more control over the UI for different use-cases. This is possible already but it would be great if it were even simpler to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it

So far I've built a CRM solution and an HR app - both available for customers to load into their own Ninox databases.

What No-Code Development Platforms solution do you use?

Ninox Database review by Laurentius M.
Laurentius M.

"Datenbank für DIY Anwendungen"

What do you like best?

Ohne Programmierkenntnisse lassen sich in Ninox Datenbanken und Register mit Verknüpfungen erstellen und nutzen, die verschiedenste Anwendungen und Branchenbedürfnissen genügen. Bei Bedarf kann die Datenbank entweder lokal oder via Cloud gehostet werden. Für Gruppen ist die Datenbank damit auch Mehrbenutzerfähig. Die Datenbank kann über die Mobile App auch jederzeit von überall auf dem Handy genutzt werden.

What do you dislike?

Für spezielle Anwendungen und spezifische Anpassungen etwa für formale Anpassungen lt Unternehmens CI erscheinen die Möglichkeiten eingeschränkt. Die Formularfelder sind zwar frei erstellbar und erweiterbar, die visuelle Gestaltung jedoch kaum anpassbar

Recommendations to others considering the product

Für Anwender, die in der Darstellung von Abläufen und Prozessen flexibel sind und die Anwendung nicht 100% der Abbildung dieser Abläufe genügen muss, bietet Ninox ein sehr gutes Preis-Leistungsverhältnis

Kundenlisten und einfaches CRM mit Kontaktpunkten mit Fälligkeiten und Zuständigkeiten ohne großen Aufwand realisiert. Eine weitere Anwendung für das Arbeitsverzeichnis und die rechtliche Dokumentation im Bereich der DSGVO erstellt. Sehr individuell konfigurierbar und auch für Datenbank Dummies einfach einsetzbar ;-)

Ninox Database review by Peter E.
Peter E.

"Ninox, the perfect solution"

What do you like best?

Ninox is a user friendly solution for developing complicated applications. You can start with a template and build some very nice and complex solutions. I created a complete solution for our CRM and invoicing in less than a month. After watching a few video's and reading the manual i could start the development.Most of the problems came with the scripting but the support from the Ninoxteam was perfect and quick, the webinars are very helpful.

Ninox has a simple and easy way to create table relationships.

What do you dislike?

The manual needs some improvement. More user friendly and more examples and video's, it should be made possible to see the recordings of the passed Webinars.

Scripting needs more explanation and examples.

Missing the undo function for accidentally delete. Some problems with pictures and files attached are under investigation.

I still have to test the IOS solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ty it, you will love it!

I created a CRM and accounting solution, still developing new features. The greatest benefit i realized is the flexibility for the invoicing and accounting and the dynamic of adding or changing the application.

Ninox Database review by Jan H.
Jan H.

"You can do (nearly) everything with Ninox!"

What do you like best?

I was looking for a database to manage the accounting for our Start-Up. It´s really easy to start with Ninox because of the Drag & Drop option for formulas. Also get templates from the homepage, which made it even easier. The support is the best I ever had, they do several webinars a week with different topics.

What do you dislike?

The documentation is good since you get deeper into it. For loops and functions, you need to ask for help because there is nothing to find, neither in the documentation nor in the forum threads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. You´ll love it! Use the Webinar and let you invite to the webinar team for more samples of usage.

I started with a template for accounting and since then my database is growing. I added a CRM and just finished with an ERP System. So we manage the whole company by using Ninox, also within reporting and kind of BI.

Ninox Database review by Kari R.
Kari R.

"Love Ninox!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use even for the most inexperienced users and basic development. For those interested in more complex development, it is available. If you are inexperienced and need more complex development there are weekly webinars, an amazing support forum and the most amazing/responsive customer support I have ever experienced. The database is flexible to really meet just about any need you might have, has reporting including charts you can identify user visibility within a form (for the form or an item on the form). The pricing is excellent. I will repeat myself, because honestly I have never experienced better customer support anywhere. Although they are located in Germany and I am in the US Pacific time zone, it never fails that I have a response from them as soon as they are open, they often offer one:one web calls to assist me -- which has been from basic to more complex and always ensure that I have my question/issue resolved and an understanding prior to ending the web call-video chat. I truly love the product, support and pricing!

What do you dislike?

I would love to see a more developed and user friendly manual. But with that said, the support forum and customer support more than make up for this. They are working on options for increased training opportunities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it--you will not be wasting your time!!

Tracking cases/clients, donors, grants, volunteers--you name it, I probably need to track it. The benefits are easy to use, can easily modify or create a form. In addition, the linking between tables makes repeat entries unnecessary and the automation saves a lot of time. The development of customized reports for our board, donors, newsletters and grant reporting makes it so easy!

Ninox Database review by Ioannis M.
Ioannis M.

"Ninox is an excellent database tool"

What do you like best?

The real value of Ninox is that it is a platform where you can build any database project that you can image.

It has tools to manage clients, sent invoices and emails, work with APIs and many more

What do you dislike?

Well, I have to think hard to find things that I dislike. I think one is that is not fully integrated into the mac os platform (does not support dark mode in Mojave yet)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ninox is an application that will help your productivity rise up! It is scalable and is not just a database app. You can send invoices, emails, use APIs and a lot more. In less than two years that i am using Ninox a lot of new things were added and the team is very eager to listen to suggestions from the Users. Ninox is a very fast evolving community and I am very happy that I joined it. Anybody who looks for scalabality and ease of use should certainly concider Ninox

I have one platform that I can keep clients database with all other related data. That helps me a lot when everything is in one place!

Ninox Database review by Anne J.
Anne J.

"Easy"

What do you like best?

Ninox is very user friendly compared to other programs and apps. I could figure it out without help from customer service. I have contacted customer service many times and they have responded very timely. They have also encouraged me to set up an appointment with them using Zoom (something new to me). Due to my remote location, the video call was not completed because of poor service on my end. But the rep was very good about suggesting other times to call.

What do you dislike?

Customizing Ninox isn't intuitive. It might just be that I need more knowledge about tables though. It would be helpful if there was a video tutorial to watch. I live in a remote area and video conferencing is difficult because of poor bandwidth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! The customer service is amazing and they seem like they really want to help. I feel confident in this company that they will take suggestions and implement them if they can. If not now, it is possible in the future.

I am in education. I am trying to use Ninox as a way to keep records with student performance. I am having difficulty having more than 8 field showing, even after I went back in and made sure that additional fields are visible.

Ninox Database review by Carole L.
Carole L.

"Simple and intuitive to use with high levels of customisation available"

What do you like best?

My favourite thing about Ninox is the user interface. A few minutes of my time to review the intro videos and I was off and running. I had a workable database up and running within 4 weeks. It's so easy to add fields, customise the layout and add functionality via the formulas and triggers. The intuitive way the database creates relationships is also fantastic!

What do you dislike?

The trickiest thing for me has been finding answers when I get stuck with formulas or a particularly complex bit of functionality. Because of the time difference, it's hard for me to attend the webinars. I rely on the manual and feedback forum. The manual could be more robust, but I understand this is a work in progress already. The forum search function is also a little lacking. It's hard to find exactly the right term to search to get answers. But with a bit of persistence, I've been able to find answers to each of my questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. It's quick and easy to get started.

My job is creating advice documents. Prior to finding Ninox, I was using excel and a raft of complex formulas to try and mimic a database. While a flat database is not particularly ideal, the power of the excel formulas and my familiarity with the interface made it the best solution for my purposes. As the tool I created grew the flat database became less practical. I tried multiple other database solutions and always circled back to my original tool. Ninox has been able to replace my excel tool. All of the functionality I had is there, plus more, now that I have a relational database. My data entry process and document creation process have sped up dramatically.

Ninox Database review by Konstantin D.
Konstantin D.

"A tool for business and everyday life"

What do you like best?

The best thing in Ninox is that you can create yourself everything that will surround yuor data. Titles, sizes, colors you name it. And if that is not enough - there is triggers that allow to fire custom code everytime speciffic event happens, for example field content updates. Additionally on Ninox cloud there is functions that allow to share via a link your data and you can update the view without resending link. There is also a way to use external resources like zapier thanks to Ninox implementing Rest API last summer.

What do you dislike?

There is a few things I dislike in Ninox. First was that on iPad while entering code I was not able to enter single quotes and double quotes, because those which I entered appeared different from those which Ninox expected. So I had to copy and paste them. Despite all my frustration I was wrong to blame Ninox, because after I contacted support they explained that it is my iPad that turns normal quotes to stylized quotes and showed me how to turn that off in settings.

Next thing is few bugs in using dates, but mostly they are also related to how iPad makes it appear. I have informed support about it and am sure they will think of a way to improve that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Ninox to everyone who is looking for business management solution as well for anyone who is looking for an everyday life tasks management. For example I started using it for business finance, but then realised that I can keep track of my personal finances as well.

We benefit from using Ninox in our business because it allows to keep everything in one place. It can be used in a small, large or growing companies by using payment method "per user", which only limits you on the maximum team members, so you are free to change team members when you need it. To keep data safe and improve efficiency you can create and assign roles to team members and every role can have custom access to every field and every table. For example in my database editors can create and edit, but only admin can delete a record. And thanks to history feature I can track any changes made in every record. To be even more secure Ninox creates backups on a regular basis and if you require you can do a backup manually and download it.

Ninox Database review by Markus  G.
Markus G.

"Ein Projekt ausdenken und gleich loslegen"

What do you like best?

Mit Ninox hat man schnell ohne Programmierkenntnisse eine einfache Datenbank die einsetzbar ist und funktioniert. Wenn man dann Lust oder Bedarf nach mehr hat, dann findet sich alles weitere entweder im Handbuch oder im Forum. Die Vorlagen helfen für einen raschen Einstieg. Danach gelingen auch Projekt durch ausprobieren und erweitern. Es ist auch geeignet Daten die nur einmal projektspezifisch verwendet werden strukturiert abzulegen. Es fast so einfach wie Excel, wenn man so die aller grundlegendsten Kenntnisse einer Datenbank hat. Daher löst es auch die Exceltabellen teilweise ab. Mit ausprobieren kommt man sehr weit. Selbst die Formeln funktionieren recht anwenderfreundlich. Als ich einmal nicht weiter kam, habe ich den Support/Forum online kontaktiert und rasch eine brauchbare Lösung erhalten. Die Datenbanken lassen sich einfach kopieren, so habe ich immer eine Entwickler/Testversion und eine produktive Version. Die Art wie die Formulare erstellt werden ist sehr einfach und trotzdem noch vielseitig.

What do you dislike?

Die Einführung vertiefte in neue Funktionen wäre hilfreich. Jederzeit zugänglich, da ich an Entwicklungsprojekten meistens nachts arbeite. Die Datenbank kann ich nicht öffentlich ins Netz stellen um damit eine Geschäftsidee realisieren. Die Kosten für jeden weiteren Nutzer der nur Daten eingibt sind viel zu hoch. Ausserdem fehlt eine Synchronisation mit Kontakte bei Mac, daher muss ich jeden Datensatz einmal im Ninox CRM und in Kontakte eingeben.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ausprobieren, loslegen. Es ist so einfach wie Excel

CRM für meine Firma, Anlagendatenbank über elektrotechnische Anlagen die ich projektiere.

Ninox Database review by Sebastian K.
Sebastian K.

"Is getting better, but unfortunately still no substitute for Filemaker."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Ninox comes from Germany. I think it's good that the forum is in German and the support also speaks German. The manual is also in German, so understandable for anyone who does not speak English. In addition, unfortunately, I find no property that I really like.Everything seems not really mature yet and is not yet suitable for daily use.The new design is a big improvement, but still not enough. But anyway, I believe that Ninox will be really good someday. Bisdahin it is still a long way.

What do you dislike?

Although everything seems pretty tidy and simple at the first glance, in my opinion it quickly becomes confusing. Maybe you have to deal with the software a bit more to get routine. I think the iOS app is not good either. On the iPhone you can not use them at all, because they are in my opinion totally confusing and many features I could not find. What bothers me most is the fact that you can not password protect the database on the Mac. That really is very bad and a basic feature for me. For companies, the subscription model is certainly relatively cheap. For a freelancer it is devinitatively too expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that you should wait.

Not yet, because so far Ninox has not convinced me yet.

Ninox Database review by Tobias B.
Tobias B.

"Fits perfectly our needs"

What do you like best?

Not just one point. Its a nice way to build up your data based application, combination of XLS, GUI and formulas. I like the possibility to combine different tables, graphics and formulas to one working and flexible application.

What do you dislike?

Sadly its not well documented. Despite this, there are many helpful forum members but you have do a deep search by yourself. Sometimes code is quite easy, sometimes coding is a mess. The PDF creation process could be better. If you are in need for different forms or prints this will be a point to work on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! Many suitable solutions for workflow, build your own interface and combine it with formulas to have a cloud or desktop based database application. Many features.

Build up a database for Wine and Business-Presents. Including all needs for such a project like "one-click" expertises, different export possibilities, "one-click" translation via API...

Ninox Database review by Björn W.
Björn W.

"From an iPad app to an enterprise tool"

What do you like best?

The possibility to create tailor-made databases without being an expert. The ability to adapt the layout and scripts to our needs without having external departments involved gives us a lot agility and flexibility.

What do you dislike?

Reporting should get better, Pivot tables are still easier through Excel. The still missing Undo function comes with a risk of accidentally deleting data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are no database expert or want fast results and flexibility use Ninox!

With the iPad app (in 2015) I was using Ninox to collect and track weekly availability and usage statistics for our SaaS platform which covers 550 test probes in > 190 countries. After switching to Ninox Private Cloud we added managing our whole inventory (hardware and licenses), credentials and SIM cards costs management for or Germany and San Francisco division.

We are currently evaluating if the invoice approval process can be mapped to Ninox

Ninox Database review by Douglas C.
Douglas C.

"Works well in Haiti"

What do you like best?

It's ability to retain full functionality with no Internet service for long periods of time, then it knows what to upload/download when there is an Internet connection.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't always let me know the status of the upload/download. It hadn't been uploading for several weeks, but I didn't know it except to see in the cloud that no new records were being added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an easily customizable platform for use in places with poor Internet, then this is a great solution.

We are using it in Haiti for a medical missions organization (www.three-strands.org). We are tracking all patient records as well as the various medications that come into/out of the pharmacy, so our US staff know what type of issues the patients are being treated for and teams that come over can bring the most needed medications.

Ninox Database review by Sushil K.
Sushil K.

"Amazing software suitable for all our data capture needs"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and ability to have a true relational database. Have worked on Oracle and other databases and this is pretty simple to use. The display of the child and parent records across screens helped a lot and also while we review the calculations they are very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is only available in the site and is spread across multiple links. Would be good to have a pdf available and also to have also more examples for the Ninox language.

Need to have alerts or notifications for expired contracts as an example

Desktop software does not have a login into the software as an example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good product. Tried other software products and they are nothing when compared to Ninox

Keeping track of subscriptions and expiry

Asset database

Task Management

Project Management

Ninox Database review by Martin S.
Martin S.

"Ninox has changed everything"

What do you like best?

Ninox is extremely fast and robust. It's relatively easy to understand, yet complex enough to manage even complicated tasks, or large amounts of data. I was quite surprised by the awesome, proactive support.

What do you dislike?

The visuals are a bit dated (gradients, fonts), not a major issue. It's not possible to create PDFs on the iPhone app yet, a feature which would be very helpful for me. According to the Ninox team, this feature is in the works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ninox is a robust database. It is worth trying. I found it to be a superior product.

Ninox helps me to manage thousands of contacts. Before I used Google Contacts and tested numerous CRMs, none which came close to what I was looking for, a solution that works both on- and offline and that's fast.

Ninox Database review by Clive W.
Clive W.

"Complete Databse"

What do you like best?

The customisation, integration and flexibility of the database is the best I’ve worked with.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would like to see added that I haven’t heard of being in the pipeline is a customisable home screen with the option to open directly into form view as opposed to table view. I use the trigger on open to do this but once in the app to get back to the form you sometimes need to go through the form view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! The more you explore it the better it becomes.

Ninox has allowed me to create a online order-order-manufacture scheduling-despatch-Invoice-Payment system that works for my business. I can see everything that is happening in my business from one database.

Ninox Database review by Dean N.
Dean N.

"I use Ninox for EVERYTHING! If data is involved Ninox is my go to application. "

What do you like best?

Ninox is easy to code, they have extremely good support, and they are always coming out with new features. I got started with Ninox because it was the first database I could find for Mac OS X that actually did what it claimed. Plus it is easy to customize for every situation. It is also incredibly versatile because it syncs between all my devices.

What do you dislike?

The phone user interface is a little clunky but that is not an issue at all especially since other competitors don’t even have a phone application. I would also like a way to export things as a stand-alone application for others to use but that is pie in the sky dreams. I would also like to have multiple page reports. It is actually very hard to come up with anything else I am unhappy with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want excellent support and a light program that can function better than you could imagine, then this is the program for you.

I am using it as my own custom student management system. I designed my own envelopes budgeting application. I have also created a database to handle event management with ticket check in using barcodes. Reports are easy to set up and utilize.

Ninox Database review by Daniel F.
Daniel F.

"Long term Ninox user who has watched it evolve"

What do you like best?

Ninox is incredibly flexible, whether you are setting up a personal database synced between your phone and your home device or setting up a small enterprise server based application it has you covered.

The platform continues to slowly improve and evolve and the early API seems promising for web apps and IOT use.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is unorthodox and does not use recognised OS level controls nor does it use a well known cross platform UI kit (such as Material, Bootstrap, Ant Design etc).

This means that usability is a compromise, with a lot of users feeling uncomfortable or unfamiliar with the sliding panel style interface.

It is also hard to navigate a more complex application built in Ninox because it is possible to get to the same record in many ways and go round in circles.

Integration to other applications and cloud services has also been non existent so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great choice to get started

Excellent for keeping personal records, accounts and pockets of well organised data which needs gathering on the move and syncing to a base site.

Also very good for small enterprise business workflow systems such as medical or CRM record systems used in a small-medium team.

Ninox Database review by John B.
John B.

"Simple Perfection"

What do you like best?

Ninox is very easy and intuitive for database creation. Simple databases are extremely easy to set up and great custom features enable users with a little more ambition to create highly functional and automated products that can be used by others who may have little technical knowledge.

What do you dislike?

I find the Formula Editor difficult to use and I have trouble creating the code I want with it. I prefer to type line by line code and I like example code included in the help sections.

As an airline pilot I'm using Ninox to replace my personal professional flying logbook software that has become over priced and over complex for my needs. I love the data synchronisation across multiple platforms iPad, iPhone, MacBook etc. all at at a very good price. I have created and shared my logbook database with other pilots in the company all of whom are impressed with the simplicity and functionality of the software.

Ninox Database review by Agency
Agency

"Experience with Ninox"

What do you like best?

What I like most in Ninox Database is the simplicity with which you can create Formulas, Concatenations, Operations, Links and practically anything else connected to a database.

The advantage is very simple: it makes a situation somewhat complicated in a sufficiently simple thing.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like ? .. almost nothing, those times I thought I don't like .. "why" there was an update that removed this thought.

Perhaps (and precisely because I strive) it is the mobile app that could be improved

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you require a simple app for complex operation , ninon is the problem solve.

One of many:

I needed to catalog many documents and information they contain in order to totalize and analyze their contents.

it was all very simple, from creating custom forms to inserting data to creating custom fields based on the data entered, all completed with reports based on my requests, I was very satisfied with the time spent with Nino.

He forgot, I don't work and I'm not one of Ninox)))

Ninox Database review by Julie K. M.
Julie K. M.

"Great Database with Superb Support"

What do you like best?

I love that Ninox provides AMAZING support, so every time I try something new, if I get stuck, all it takes is a quick contact with their tech crew, and someone will actually come online and show me how to achieve whatever I want. That makes me more likely to try new things, and I'm finding that Ninox can do just about anything I can imagine. I'm a newbie at this, but I am still loving all the features. Highly recommended!!!

What do you dislike?

I wish I had more knowledge about coding, and how to do certain basic things. That's my deficit, not Ninox's. In the past, when I didn't know how to code something, they just jumped in and did it for me! WOW!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every day there are new developments in Ninox, and it's exciting to see this unroll... The product is already super, so every new add-on is icing on the cake! You won't find a better support team... I feel like I know them by name!

We are a church, and I use Ninox for event planning and congregation tracking.

Ninox Database review by Administrator

"The best solution for our niche business"

What do you like best?

Fully customisable features that can adapt as our business needs change, and grow with us. Very affordable with excellent (and prompt) customer support if needed.

What do you dislike?

Might be a little difficult to pick up for people with no - or little - database/spreadsheet experience. The online help can sometimes be a little advanced in language, not always for the everyman.

We were struggling to find an affordable workflow solution for our business because it is quite niche. Every other software we tested had gaps, and was very expensive, especially considering it wasn't quite right.

Ninox was very easy to set up; for expediency I picked a template that was closest to our needs, and was then able to fully customise it to suit. Within a week we were up and running an utilising the new system. Now everyone knows exactly what stage each job is at, what their responsibilities are, and when it needs to be done. Our staff are happier, and our customers are getting a better service with less mistakes.

"Quick Response Time!"

What do you like best?

I love the way someone at Ninox always responds (and quickly!) when I have a question! Not only do they usually email me, but they will also jump online and do a quick one-on-one webinar with me. In the case where I totally didn't understand the coding issue, Ninox was kind enough to just fix my problem for me while I watched. These guys are the BEST at communication!

What do you dislike?

I wish I knew ANY coding. Without it, I am left using just the very basics of the database, but I even at that, I love it! My biggest wish is that I could download the pages just as they appear on the screen (with icons, colors, etc. intact.)

We are a church and have multiple events going on at any given time. We need to keep a running roster of all our members and visitors, and then be able to create events and track who's registered for what.

Ninox Database review by Simon L.
Simon L.

"Excellent powerful easy to use database with outstanding support"

What do you like best?

The Ninox database is easy to use, even for a non programmer. It’s extremely versatile and the support provided by Ninox, with free tutorials and support is outstanding. There is also excellent third party support from companies like NINOXUS.COM, with seminars, tutorials, templates, one to one support, YouTube how to videos and online chat. Ninox is very receptive to customer feedback and new features are being added all the time.

Ninox, Alex and Birger, and NINOXUS, Andy, have helped me develop my wife's business management system which was originally intended as just a complaint management system but is now used to manage every aspect of the business.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is very easy and well designed, importing and exporting is simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out NINOXUS.COM.

Originally intended as just a complaint management system but is now used to manage every aspect of the business.

Ninox Database review by Maria Judith B.
Maria Judith B.

"Ninox Review"

What do you like best?

Since I am in the sales business, I like the fact that I can consolidate all my contacts in one place. The ease of using the product is at its best. It is not complicated like the other database applications I have used before.

What do you dislike?

Probably the only one that I dislike on this program is the separation of databases where I should close one then open another one. I hope there is a way I can compare and contrast both and connect them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integration with Square would be nice for small businesses like me.

I can store information easily and sort the data however I want. I can easily use it whenever I want.

Ninox Database review by David R.
David R.

"Ninox is simply a must have in any Apple business environment."

What do you like best?

Ninox is a robust database that is easy to use for beginners but has depth like an ocean to be explored.

The Ninox support group and community is superbly awesome and educational. Constant improvements from user requests.

What do you dislike?

There are so many little surprises and possibilities that it can be hard to find the right solution when coding on the backend; it can be a little hard to find a comprehensive API or language reference. Ninoxus.com is helping with this issue by providing better documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ninox is an awesome solution for your desktop or mobile database needs.

Ninox will replace your Filemaker or Access database.

We use Ninox as part of our construction bidding and sales system. We are also implementing it for project management, scheduling, and inventory management. It's helped in streamlining our company's systems and processes while keeping track of vital data.

Ninox Database review by Matthias S.
Matthias S.

"The App for Everyone - Private or Business"

What do you like best?

The best Thing in Ninox is, that you can create Databases without any experience in Software-Coding. It is easy to lern and most things you can do with Drag-and-Drop. So that you can create sophisticated databases without programming knowledge. In addition, Ninox offers outstanding support and for newcomers there is a webinar every week where you can ask any questions you may have. There is also a forum where most questions are answered within a very short time.

What do you dislike?

Ninox has a few small flaws, but they don't carry any weight. It would be nice if you could influence the design even better. But the developers have announced that this will improve soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time to really understand how Ninox works. It is the best development platform we've ever used. Take part in the weekly webinar to better understand the app.

We use Ninox for the complete bookkeeping of our company, as well as a merchandise management program and shop software. We also keep our logbook and our project management in Ninox.

Ninox Database review by Jörg O.
Jörg O.

"Agile, web-based information management "

What do you like best?

Design data model, migrate existing data, refine content, define views, use content via shared views in custom web design. Inspect & Adopt takes place in a surprisingly short time. A data-driven website relaunch went online in less than 21 days. After the basic scaffold stood, it was as with Lego bricks, simply continue to build. Even the otherwise difficult reconstruction and 'refactor' work was easy.

What do you dislike?

Currently, the administration of the 'shared' views is still some handwork. The future will show which central concepts will simplify the administration here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rethink the usage of web shares / view Data via URL and whether a headless CMS approach might not be the better one instead of Wordpress

Combine list entries with matching, time-based, and sorted sidecar content in two tables for two domains. And if changes are needed - collect, evaluate, sort, export, package, upload, unpack data without time-consuming script-based workflows - put them directly online.

Ninox Database review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Excellent Easy to Learn and Use Database"

What do you like best?

Simple to set up relational tables with simple design processes and simple data entry formats

What do you dislike?

Copying Field designs within the same table, especially the "Choice" field. Often I need more than 6 choice options that I need to repeat several times in a table and it is painful and laborious to have to reenter the design every time I set up the choice fields and cannot seem to copy the fields or duplicate and rename the fields within the same table

The Date field has problems with assigning years prior to 2000 albeit that this appears to be functional. Thus entering Date of Birth records is difficult or one has to resort to using a text base field

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a simple and easy to use database that works well with MAC and has cloud based facilities it is well worth giving this a try - especially if you are a novice user

I have used my NINOX database for my academic studies. I have needed to design tables and a database for research purposes, so that I can link authors, topics, source material, and quotes

Ninox Database review by Jeff N.
Jeff N.

"High quality Mac-native database & cloud database"

What do you like best?

• Desktop version is native to the Mac platform, not a port of some mediocre Microsoft spaghetti code app.

• Cloud version can be accessed in any browser such as Google Chrome.

• Cloud version is empowered through Zapier to connect to other cloud apps.

• The Zapier connection is robust, including both triggers and actions in both directions as well as an 'update record' trigger and action missing in many Zapier connections.

• Free iPhone & Android apps

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike so far in the app itself, but they need more video tutorials. They only have four right now.

I do wish it had tighter native integration with G Suite:

• Google Calendar

• Gmail

• Google Tasks

• Google Keep

• G Drive

• Google Sheets

• Google Docs

We need more apps bridging Apple & Google platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it with their free trial. This is a high-quality no-code database and app builder at a great price.

Data repository on my Mac that doesn't require an Internet connection.

Backup to Apple iCloud.

Ninox Database review by Christofer W.
Christofer W.

"Best Business Database ever seen"

What do you like best?

ninox has a great usability, out Team likes the quick and easy UI. The whole system is very fast. Another great function is the overall search, which shows result while typing. For the Admin the best feature the very easy und quick option to customize the system, even a key-user is able to customize it.

What do you dislike?

limited set of scripting features, i would prefer an option to be able to write plugins e.g. with JS

Recommendations to others considering the product

start with a simple case and extend it while using it.

We started using Ninox as our Customer Relationship Management. After a short time we also use it as Projekt and Task Management with integrated Time Tracking. Later we added a Offer Management for our sales. All that thinks now are interacting with each other, and it is perfectly customized to our business purpose. The Systems grows and everyone still likes to work with it. It's the first time a ERP system gets loved by the team even after month of use and with more complex informations.

Ninox Database review by Vince M.
Vince M.

"Great Database Tool with Outstanding Support"

What do you like best?

The interface is very intuitive and you can build all sorts of useful business database tools. Especially impressed by the support given by the Ninox team

What do you dislike?

Don't really dislike anything about it at the moment. Has worked well for the business solutions I have used it for

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the remote support sessions they provide. They are FAB

We wanted to create a database to record HMRC duty numbers against specific batches of distilled spirits. The Ninox solution is cloud-based so enables us to access the solution across the mutipe locations. We can now effectively report accurately to the HMRC out duty pais numbers

Ninox Database review by Administrator

"The One Size Fits all CRM I've been waiting for"

What do you like best?

The customer support has been outstanding in helping me get to grips with the software. But the software itself is very intuitive in any case. For someone like myself without great coding experience, but a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel style Formula, it didn't take long to get to grips with the huge Formula potential behind the Ninox databases.

What do you dislike?

There are some features I'd like to see in the future, like multi-page PDF design, Map integration, or a way of sharing forms to be embedded on a website. But its clearly developing well, in the short time I've used the software I can see the Android App will be ready soon, also the API connectivity is making quick improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't look back

As a relational database the possibilities have been endless from my perspective. I've always had to jump between software's for different areas of the business. I'm sure this kind of database could have been achieved with other database builders, but the learning curve was always a barrier to entry with other softwares, as was them not being so cloud friendly. I always look for cloud based software as access from anywhere from any device with easily expandable users is a key to any growing business.

I have so far set up a Purchase Order system, with products and an ability to email PO's, but also a CRM, Employee Information, Training, Equipment Logs.

I've still not let loose of my other softwares, as the build isn't complete and it's going to take some time to make the switch with employees, but by putting more of what we can into Ninox, its avoiding data duplication, and expanding our ability to link data which may otherwise be stored separately and less reportable. i.e. Equipment Logs linking to Employee Allocation linking to Training Log.

Ninox Database review by Pascal T.
Pascal T.

"3 data bases created since one year"

What do you like best?

I like the compatibility with IOS and MAC and the synchronisation in the cloud.

It's cheap and we can build very interesting solution that we can use OFF line.

Last, the support is great and very helpful

What do you dislike?

I don't like the documentation. It's not really easy !

There are many features I can't use because of this poor notice.

I would like more examples for scripts to help and to know how to use the functions

Recommendations to others considering the product

To have database expérience and not only Excel or Number

I built my own quotes and bills solution I can use with my iPad Pro. That's great, I can build the solution with my MAC and use it with the iPad. I can email directly the quote to my customer of print it with my futur mobile Printer.

Ninox Database review by User

"No database expertise? No problem!"

What do you like best?

Ninox staff and other users are always ready to help with questions.

What do you dislike?

Help and forum are sometimes difficult to search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. It's a no-brainer.

My business involves very specialized materials with low profit margins, so there is no reason any developer would ever come up with a data system that would address the specific issues of my business and my customers. Most "turnkey solutions" for non developers are far too simplistic; this is not a hobby for me, like organizing my DVDs. I need conditional logic, flexibility, the ability to interact with my accountant's software, etc. Ninox has almost entirely eliminated my need for spreadsheets, has allowed me much better oversight of my customers, orders, and contractors, and I have only scratched the surface with it. The more I work with it, the more I learn what I can do and how.

Ninox Database review by John W.
John W.

"Ninox is a game changer."

What do you like best?

Ninox has totally changed my work flow. Before Ninox I had data everywhere, often duplicated, so that I could easily find it in the various platform I utilize. I've used all the other databases for desktops like Microsoft Access, Libre and Filemaker. Nothing really worked for me as they are so complicated to manage. I'm a Mac user so with Access I had to use Windows too. It worked but so difficult. Enter Ninox ... what a game changer for me.

What do you dislike?

The software is new and had little usability things that are being corrected over time. But, by and large, I have no complaints.

Everything from personal research to business work flow. I'm amazed at how I've been able to make so many usable databases for so many areas in my work flows.

Ninox Database review by Administrator

"The easiest way to digitize your business"

What do you like best?

I like most the easy way to transform the database to your own wishes. There are mostly only a few clicks to solve your problems. I can nearly digitize all the business prozesses in our company without any programming knowledge.

What do you dislike?

Until now i can't find any bad things. The really good support solve any problems fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ninox is a really cool way to discover the possibilities of business digitization and to use it in a few minutes .

We use Ninox as CRM und ERP. We digitize the most business processes in one program. So we can reuse data for more than on process. That's a very effectively and easier way to work. In my opinion, Ninox is the best way for the digital transformation in a company. You can integrate the processess step by step and the database grows with your company.

Ninox Database review by Christopher K.
Christopher K.

"Ninox database for project management"

What do you like best?

we are using Ninox, because its a very simple and smart application, which you can use for managing bigger projects from the beginning to the end. Especially the fact, this application can grow together with your daily business is such a big advantage.

What do you dislike?

We are not programmers, so for us its not very easy to configure highly linked and connected database´s

We are faster, more organized and better connected in our team. Everybody can see hard facts of our projects and can help each other better and easier. We are using Ninox also to communicate better with or extern partners to send forms and reviews.

Ninox Database review by Reiner R.
Reiner R.

"Bei uns nicht mehr wegzudenken!"

What do you like best?

- der extrem flexible Aufbau mit fast unbegrenzten Möglichkeiten

- Mobile Arbeitszeiterfassung mit dem iPhone inkl. Screenshots der Seriennummer usw....

- der klasse Support

- jede Woche Webinare

What do you dislike?

Seltsam das man auch bei DISLIKE was schreiben muss... wenn man doch alles mag :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Einfach mal testen, ihr werden begeistert sein! Bei uns hat es den kompletten Arbeitsablauf extrem erleichtert. Die mobile Anbindung ist perfekt für die Zeiterfassung beim Kunden

- Aufgabenliste

- RMA

- VErtragsverwaltung

- Wissensdatenbank

- komplette Zeiterfassung

Ninox Database review by Tom A.
Tom A.

"Great day to be a substitute for file maker Pro"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to navigate through the app, create fields, And manage your data from one screen. You can also view your data as a spreadsheet format which is very convenient when you’re trying to proofread names etc.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I have so far is if you need to move the window on your desktop you have to grab a certain place on the top of the window to move it. And it’s a very small area that will enable you to move the window out of the way Otherwise it won’t move.

. I am a musician and I keep track of fans, contacts, and event planners. Having this database lets me keep track of all of my records, all of my phone calls and follow ups with each client.

Ninox Database review by Philipp K.
Philipp K.

"Best Management Tool for Businesses"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of the workflow. It's very easy to create a custom database for your own business. And if you have problems with the creation, there is a Ninox-Partner-Network where you can get professional help. So Ninox supports their users very good!

What do you dislike?

I would prefer if there would be a Windows App but i heard that it comes in 2019. I look forward to it.

I wanted to have an complete overview for my business. Now i know every facts about the company and i can set the right steps to get my business growing more easy.

Ninox Database review by Lucas E.
Lucas E.

"Ninox vs MS Access "

What do you like best?

I started out with Microsoft access so I was very reluctant to move away from it. But after starting to use Ninox, I fell in love instantly. I love how easy it is to drag and drop fields, modify the validation rules right there and then, then codes like the one that calculates the age after entering a date of birth.

It is so amazing and unlser friendly. It took me one day to create a large database with relationships I imported from my MS Access.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could design our own reports, because we are stuck to one format whenever we want to print.

Suggestions could also be given as pop up.

School database, no problems so far. Had problems printing, but after today's appointment it will not be a problem no more.

Ninox Database review by Administrator

"Ease of application is excellent"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to make changes and speak with the technicians on support team if I want to change or tweak something within the database.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I really dislike as of yet...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. If nothing else, you can always try the free trial, it has made our day to day much easier at work and our field technicians have even commented about how much better they like using the application while on site visits and in the field.

Our field team has a much easier time looking through and accessing customer information regarding accounts and specifics when on-site. The ability to attach internal documents and information makes their job easier and saves time and money for staff as well as the company as a whole.

Ninox Database review by José Alberto F.
José Alberto F.

"Finally a smart database solution for cloud/portable era"

What do you like best?

Simply, intuitive. Automated forms. Relational databases made simply. No code. No limitations. Perfect for simply data sheets or complex relational dB solutions.

What do you dislike?

I really like anything in this database app. Some things stills need some development but the upgrades are very frequent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a chance. You’ll love it.

CRM, Events production and productivity apps personalized 100% to my needs and flow charts. I'm using it for take control of movies budgets and teams, casting, contacts, registry of conversions and agreements etc.

Ninox Database review by User

"Database for Photographer"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Drag and drop. flexibility. The scripting. Can be use across different type of hardware ie. desktop, smartphone.

What do you dislike?

lack of tutorial, script samples ( I am not a programmer, sometimes spend lots of times to achieve someting considered basic and simple). The formula is painful, if you have something wrong, then it erases all the formula with error message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use, no brainer.

I had a job to document hospitals accros the country. Ninox helps me to make a simple database to sort out the task, create permit letters (minimize the address mismatch), make photo assignment task schedule, create expense report, etc. While the db can also be accessed on the iphone so it is very easy to update the data on the fly.

Ninox Database review by Dalyn M.
Dalyn M.

"Great database!"

What do you like best?

Ninox is an easy to use database for almost any purpose and has proven to be far more usable than its competitors. What frustrated me about several of the other databases available all seem to work better with Ninox.

What do you dislike?

I think the numbering system is a bit off, but I understand why it's set up that way. I also don't particularly care for the view, but I'm hoping that's fixed with the new update.

We use it to manage a comprehensive PR database and it has served us very well.

Ninox Database review by Administrator

"Easy to use software for small businesses requiring simple databases"

What do you like best?

I really like the simplicity of creating and linking tables. It is very easy to create a relatively complex database in under an hour. I also like the cloud service, which allows syncing in real time. I also like the ability to get it on any device, which allows for portability.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you are unable to reference the previous record created, which would be helpful for certain applications. I also would like to be able to purchase one single login and be able to use subsequent user ids in order to allow employees to easily login and still track changes. I think more customizable forms would be helpful. I would also like to see built in email lists and invoice automation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial first to ensure it meets your needs

We are able to have a fully functional database that connects our team from all around. We are able to take it with us, wherever we need to. It is simple for new employees to learn.

Ninox Database review by Dietmar U.
Dietmar U.

"Individual BPM Development Plattform"

What do you like best?

Easy beginning, what you see is what you get.

Lots of elements and functions.

Scripting for experts

Good support for questions, problems and business concepts

Continuously upgrade with more elements and functions

What do you dislike?

Limited coding tools like copy/paste of fields or printing layouts or code modules

No overview of scripts in the tables and forms

Missing tools for coding, like copy/paste forms and print layouts, comments, syntax highlighting

CRM, Forecast, Offer, Time Recording, Accounting, Taskmanagment, for my own business

Same for customers and Information Security Management System, Warehouse Management, ...

Learn more about Ninox Database

Ninox Database Videos

Learning about Ninox Database?

* We monitor all Ninox Database reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.7