Jitsi

Jitsi is a set of open-source projects that allows you to easily build and deploy secure videoconferencing solutions.

Work for Jitsi?

Learning about Jitsi?

Jitsi Reviews

Showing 30 Jitsi reviews
Jitsi review by Mayra Alejandra B.
Mayra Alejandra B.

"I communicate daily with Jitsi"

What do you like best?

It is a tool to make calls, I use it to teach videoconferences between one or more people. It is very easy to use because it offers you the bookmarks you want to use. One of her; activate the camera, share screen, you can enter and exit the screen, create your profile, copy your mail. It allows you to see people who are connected. I can write and send text messages, save and share my documents and even video youtobe. I can also adjust the device as I want. I like to use it because it is great to remember and respect the rules of a good speaker and listener, it even offers a small icon that is a little hand, you use it when you want to intervene.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that the connection comes and goes and I must close and start again, it may be due to the Internet signal where I am, that has happened to me when I use it. Although on the right side has a small button that tells you what the signal is like. Of the rest I use my server very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For me it has several options, from sharing documents, files, video conferences to sharing YouTube videos. Very safe and full of confidence because it protects the information so that it can not be read without a password. I can share the screen, write text, it's very easy to use and it tells you all the functions. It is a program that many people have used for a long time. But for me it is a very new and very useful tool. Simply entering the URL I am already connected and I am doing the conference. I recommend it to make meetings or classes fast. Download it to your server for free and go. And you can communicate with your mobile from wherever you are.

It is a program that adapts to my communication needs, I use it because it is very accessible to me. In my work, it allows me to transmit and receive visual and audio information. He tells me if I want to give access to the camera and the microphones search engine and tell him if he wants. It is very easy to use. At first it is very complex but easy to use because it tells you its functions. . Another benefit, which helps me create teams or work groups at a distance, since I can connect from the place or area where I am in case I can not attend in person. I am looking for my contacts by name or phone number and I am ready to connect. It allows me to share information and share the screen with those I want. I can also close the room, taking my password so that nobody else can enter. It seems perfect for meetings or quick classes. reliable and safe.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Jitsi
Jitsi review by Mariela B.
Mariela B.

"Program that allows me to keep in touch with diverse people anywhere in the world."

What do you like best?

Jitsi is a free software application that allows calls, videoconferences or instant messaging on different platforms (Windows, Unix, Linux, Mac, etc.) offering the security of communication between people anywhere in the world. In the same way, you can transfer files, share a desktop, etc. It works in combination with other social networks such as facebook, google talk, XMPP and Jabber. This tool is also essential for online meetings, technical support, etc.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any inconvenience until now. The interface is not the friendliest and when installing it is a bit heavy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lo recomendable es tener un servicio de internet de buena capacidad para poder obtener todos los beneficios del programa.

Through this program I have solved the problem of physical barriers, since the meetings can be carried out even if they are not in the same city. In the same way, communication with different people.

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Jitsi review by Douglas B.
Douglas B.

"Best application for voice communication"

What do you like best?

I like jitsi very much, very easy to connect to it, easy to configure and is great especially for linux.

What do you dislike?

I do not like some problems that I faced in answering the call, it gets its name by connecting, but the connection does not connect and it ends up falling, it happens sometimes, it's rare, it happens more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would certainly recommend to any company that wants to have an optimal application of voice and video communication, especially by voice, not to mention that it still has a chat that you can talk to the other collaborators.

The problems that are solved by it is to serve customers in a very effective, fast and very easy to handle.

Jitsi review by Saurabh G.
Saurabh G.

"Free, Fast and No-Nonsense Video/Audio Conferencing tool"

What do you like best?

1. The ability to get rolling in a blink: These guys don't want you to sign-up long forms but straight go to schedule meetings by putting in your email id.

2. Features are limited to what is most used in audio/video conferencing software.

3. And not so important, but I love the statistics on who spoke how much.. A really awesome tool if you want to know if you are speaking or listening!

What do you dislike?

Well there is almost nothing you can dislike in this tool. It is perfect for start-ups and companies who do not need to have a clunky software like Webex.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Small Companies / Start-ups

- Audio calls with client

- Screensharing with my ops team

- Some video demos

Jitsi review by Eduardo A.
Eduardo A.

"jitsi, communicating easily"

What do you like best?

we use jitsi a lot daily, principally making internal calls to other staff, and sometimes also to some clients when needed.

What do you dislike?

in some moments when making connections to the internal extensions, it happens that the connection does not connect and fall in the sequence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend jitsi for all companies that want to have a very easy software to make and receive internal or external calls.

with it we have a certain ease of communicating internally in a faster and agile way, and it is very easy to learn to use in it.

Jitsi review by Eduardo G.
Eduardo G.

"Simply the best of its kind! Rapid and effective communication without Complication!"

What do you like best?

This tool is my daily use in my work, just the best, you do not even need to sign in to any service to start communicating quickly, you can invite other people to the conversation by just sharing the URL of the room, which is a "PrettyURL" although it also gives you the option of adding a password to your room for added security. I very much like to use text chat, share documents (which generates an Etherpad to edit collaboratively, directly in the call window), Prezi presentations or directly share your screen.

What do you dislike?

On previous occasions it has had some problems with the audio, but we realized that it was due to low bandwidth, that is, it requires a stable bandwiddth. It uses VOX and VOX is very sensitive and not very configurable. They also have to improve a bit the compatibility and management with Microsoft Office Presentation files that sometimes generate problems, but it is not very frequent and it seems that they are improving that more and more with each update

Recommendations to others considering the product

You do not have to worry about your safety. this tool performs an encryption of all communications we make. So in this way is managed to be spied by third parties. It is an easy-to-use, safe option that exceeds its purpose.

this tool was more than enough to cover the needs of my organization in an very very effective way, which until now had been covered by Skype and similar without hassles installations or complicated explanations to others participants.

Jitsi review by Yasir A.
Yasir A.

"Better for Video Calling"

What do you like best?

Jitsi is an excellent open source video conferencing software. I have tested and I use Jitsi from a few months ago. This software is easy to use, compatible in multi-platform, excellent sound quality etc. everything awesome.

The great thing is that I can connect with multi-user in Jitsi. And, if you need more tools you can get it for free. That is really interesting.

What do you dislike?

Excellent video conferencing software I think the best alternative for Skype and Google Hangout. I have not found any issues with this software. Tough, I have been using from a few months ago so I can't say more about the problem if have.

After everything I think this software is easy, excellent and userfrinedly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended to them who need a reliable software for Video Conferencing.

I normally use it a support for online video conference. I can easily connect with my clients, teams and mates, Also, I can share my screen too!

Jitsi review by patricia l.
patricia l.

"jitsi, voice and video calls with practicality"

What do you like best?

jitsi is essential here in the company to keep the internal communication and with the clients, therefore it is very easy to use and great for making links.

What do you dislike?

one of the problems that occurs and do not like much is that at certain times, when receiving some connection, it is connecting, but in the end the connection does not connect and ends up falling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend jitsi for all companies that want to have an easy and practical software that makes life easier for the collaborator, and jitsi has everything to please all collaborators without doubts.

it brings several benefits inside the company, besides being easy to teach some new official to move in, it is very easy to make connections both internal or external, jitsi is excellent.

Jitsi review by Jose A.
Jose A.

"jitsi, great for internal and external connection"

What do you like best?

we use jitsi to make internal calls between the staff, and in some cases, if necessary, we call some external clients as well.

What do you dislike?

What we do not like very much is that at times when we try to make a connection, especially when it is external, the connection stays connected and does not flame, and falls in the sequence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to all companies that want to have a great software to make and receive internal and external calls, with jitsi the quality of the connection and perfect.

jitsi after several benefits here in the company, besides being light, is great for making calls is very easy to use, and any employee learns easy, as it is very easy to teach.

Jitsi review by Simone P.
Simone P.

"Jitsi, best for making internal and external calls"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease we have now to call customers, and also to communicate internally.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about it is that at times when receiving a call, it connects, and then falls down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Jitsi for all companies that want to have a great internal and external communication software.

the jitsi helps a lot in our day day, with it, the ease we have of internal calls, both voice and video call is great.

Jitsi review by Jeane L.
Jeane L.

"jitsi, the best software for internal and external communication"

What do you like best?

I like jitsi very much, besides being easy to use, it is great for making internal and external calls, as well as being easy to learn to use, and very simple and sophisticated.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that at times when I get a call, it connects, but at the end the connection goes down and it does not connect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend jitsi for all companies that want to have one of the best internal and external communication software, in which it is not difficult to learn, it is very easy.

with jitsi we solve several problems of internal connection for employees, and also for external connection to our customers, it is much easier to use.

Jitsi review by Pedro B.
Pedro B.

"jitsi, the true multiplier for links"

What do you like best?

jitsi is widely used internally for employees to keep in touch, get in touch, and to make internal calls, one of the best softwares for voice, video and chat connections.

What do you dislike?

the problem that sometimes happens is that some connections remain mute, and also in other cases when answering the call, it connects, and in the end it does not connect and ends up falling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend jitsi for all companies that want to have one of the great software to make connections quickly and quite safely.

it after several benefits in the company, as well as being great for making connections, it is very easy to teach any new employee to use it.

Jitsi review by Meire s.
Meire s.

"jitsi, always connected officials"

What do you like best?

with jitsi, we have total ease of communication, whenever necessary, both in connection to internal extensions or cell phones.

What do you dislike?

one of the things that happens frequently, is the connection is muted soon after answered, and my voice is left normal, but I can not hear the person who is calling me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend jitsi for all companies that want to have great software for internal and external communication, because it is much easier to communicate effectively.

it brings several benefits to companies, besides being software that is not so heavy, it is still easy to learn and teach, and easy to make and receive calls.

Jitsi review by Gustavo L.
Gustavo L.

"jitsi, all communicating easily"

What do you like best?

jitsi is widely used here in the company, mainly to contact internally, as it is easy and fast to get in touch with any extension or telephone.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that at times when I try to connect, it ends up falling at certain moments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will always recommend jitsi for any company that wants to have one of the best software for internal communication, but it can also be used to communicate with customers externally, as it is very good and very easy to use.

it facilitates our internal communication, because we easily get contact with whatever the collaborator.

Jitsi review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best Open Source conferencing software"

What do you like best?

The facility to make calls in via web or the several applications it has. the fact that you can see the code you're running and contribute if one needs any special need. Also, the fact you can host your own server so you can have your own secure calls via VPN.

What do you dislike?

The free calls might prove to be a bit unstable. Nevertheless, you can get this up and running in a private server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use it. There's no learning curve of any kind.

Before, one used to have to connect with other people via different conferencing software, which was just awkward afterwards, also, this made it possible to host private calls throughout our own VPN server.

Jitsi review by Kelsey C.
Kelsey C.

"Jitsi Review"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to set up and use. Other call systems you have to create an account and download a software. It's nice that this one is all web-based.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the quality of the calls. It is sometimes hazy and fuzzy. Although, I don't always blame that on the system. I understand that my internet connection is slow as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great that it is web based. I appreciate the ease of use.

We have board members that come from all over the country and a wide-spread staff. It's helpful to be able to talk to staff members that are working from home without going back and forth in email.

Jitsi review by User

"Excellent video conference software"

What do you like best?

It does the things you'd expect from such software, but it's free (as in freedom and price) and you can run it all yourself if desired. The quick webrtc sessions set up are very handy and easy for people to use, even if unfamiliar with the system.

What do you dislike?

The screen sharing options on Firefox don't use an extension anymore, which is great, but Firefox's implementation of the screen share protocol seems to exclude the option to share my entire desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great to get going easily. It may take some operations work to set up the hosted version of it.

I needed a simple tool to do video chat and screensharing. This is perfect.

Jitsi review by Nicholas H.
Nicholas H.

"Easily share screens"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to invite people into your room

What do you dislike?

The lack of a paid option to remove branding and improve quality

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make memorable room name

We used google talk to share screens between remote locations but took too long to set up each time

Jitsi review by Administrator

"Impressively good"

What do you like best?

It's simple to set up and use, and its integration to Prosody makes it unique. The ability t odo calls, videos and conference with a free product is pretty awesome.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is lacking a little and some things are hard to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it's pretty sweet.

Trying to move away from established video conference systems that are either too expensive or hosted "on the cloud". For obvious security concerns we want to host it ourselves.

Jitsi review by GiMeSpace S.
GiMeSpace S.

"Open source but not so easy"

What do you like best?

Free and open source. Freedom of secure communication.

What do you dislike?

It is not as easy as other instant messaging programs. More for advanced users

Recommendations to others considering the product

know what kind of account type you want.

Secure communication

Jitsi review by Internal Consultant in Government Administration
Internal Consultant in Government Administration

"Gestion and Development"

What do you like best?

Development of turnkey solutions for videoconferencing and telephony, development and innovation of software for medical tourism

What do you dislike?

information that does not meet the specifications that the provider must meet

Recommendations to others considering the product

Secure and very intuitive software, the best in class.

The communication between corporations and groups in a safe and reliable way

Jitsi review by Xinhong S.
Xinhong S.

"Great video conference solution "

What do you like best?

Free. You can use it free. And you can use the source code free to build your own server. Cross platform clients. iOS, Android, desktop etc.

What do you dislike?

Wait long time to login. Can not use on my iPhone 4s with iOS 6.1.3

Customers education. Function demo. Problem prob

Jitsi review by Stephen G. L.
Stephen G. L.

"Run your own videoconference, without intermediary companies. "

What do you like best?

Jitsi is excellent for videoconferencing and communications.

What do you dislike?

So many options to choose from. It can take some time to configure all the options you have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it.

Allowed me to use sophisticated calling features on my PC. Secure videoconferencing.

Jitsi review by Francisco Javier C.
Francisco Javier C.

"Genial"

What do you like best?

Jitsi es una app de mensajeria instantanea y videoconferencia que funciona tanton en windows como linux y macox.

What do you dislike?

No es tan conocida como otras apps pero funciona bien.

Ayuda a mantener videoconferencias con socios importantes.

Jitsi review by Adrian R.
Adrian R.

"Una experiencia agradable"

What do you like best?

Un software libre y gratuito, muy potente con versión escritorio y web.

What do you dislike?

Quizás que no esta bien integrado con las versiones móviles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Por supuesto

Hemos podido comunicarnos estupendamente, buena calidad de imagen y sonido.

Jitsi review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Useful for small business "

What do you like best?

The system in convenient for companies that have employees based remotely. You can easily access calls and voicemails from your laptop or smartphone.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the connection isn't great. There's also an audio delay once in awhile, usually this is resolved by restarting the system.

The ability to answer calls and check voicemails remotely. Multiple employees can use the system and can be assigned their own extension number.

Jitsi review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Jitsi"

What do you like best?

I like the community forum it helps with later questions you may need to ask about.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the voice quality can be statically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try to see the ease of use and a new way of conferencing with future clients.

The need to communicate with various associate and to hear others opinions in one group sitting. You can be connected from anywhere.

Jitsi review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Literally couldn't be easier"

What do you like best?

Couldn't be simpler to start or answer a call. You click a button, and it connects. That's cool.

What do you dislike?

Not a ton in the way of advanced features – scheduling, analytics, etc. That's not what Jitsi's for.

Intrateam collaboration is key – we actually use it above Slack calls, which is crazy given how much we use Slack.

Jitsi review by User

"A Great Open Source Multiplatform Software"

What do you like best?

I like that Jitsi has video conferencing and instant messaging application for Windows, Apple and Droid products

What do you dislike?

At the moment, there isn't anything I dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an easy program that is compatible with all popular brand devices.

It connects people all over no matter their devices.

Jitsi review by Administrator

"Pretty Great Software for Independent Business'"

What do you like best?

Jitsi offers a simple user-friendly interface with basic features and easy controls for configuring the tool and communication.

What do you dislike?

It's not common enough and it doesn't update enough.

we do our meeting with jitsi so its easier to schedule and its fun too.

Learning about Jitsi?

* We monitor all Jitsi reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.