IBM Cloud Object Storage Reviews & Product Details

IBM Cloud Object Storage Overview

What is IBM Cloud Object Storage?

Implement data storage that is scalable, flexible and simple —using the same platform across your enterprise – on premises, in the cloud or both. Flexibility Gain unmatched flexibility by choosing deployment options that meet your needs –dedicated and private cloud or public and shared cloud, implemented within a region or across multiple regions. Scalable Achieve massive scalability for any volume of data, any business need with IBM Cloud data centers worldwide. Simple Enhance efficiency and reduce costs by using an intuitive, single pane of glass for storage management.

IBM Cloud Object Storage Details

Today, data is your business, and it’s growing exponentially at an accelerated pace. How you store, secure and access your data is important. You need a solution that scales, with a high-efficiency cost model. IBM Cloud Object Storage can be deployed on-premise or in a hosted IBM Cloud (SoftLayer) environment, providing you with the ideal object based storage platform for hybrid cloud. IBM Cloud Object Storage is also an integral part of the IBM storage family - delivering a broad range of storage options to satisfy the most demanding requirements – all from a single, trusted vendor.

IBM
$77,147
@IBM
519,733 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world's most advanced servers and supercomputers.

IBM Cloud Object Storage Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the IBM Cloud Object Storage community
Have you used IBM Cloud Object Storage before?

IBM Cloud Object Storage Reviews

Showing 22 Object storage reviews
Already have IBM Cloud Object Storage?
Cyber Security Analyst
What do you like best?

I like IBM's Cloud Object Storage class option, IBM provides 4 type of storage options as Active (Standard), Smart Tier, Cool (Vault), Cold Vault. In our company, every IT team member owns an IBM cloud account, and use different services based on their job. As a cybersec team member, I monitor the system and store log data on IBM's active tier. More importantly, company have backups on IBM's Cold Vault service. I tested and I can say it is secure and robust for our company.

Migration process was easy and fast thanks to IBM's support desk. They did a real good job.

During my security tests, IBM's service was the best amongst cloud services. Compliance check performance was the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nowadays, support desk is a bit late on answering my enquiries. I can understand, it is hard to work at home due to COVID-19 disaster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare before you chosse which cloud service perfectly fit for your needs. IBM's support was really helpful during migration process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before we migrate to cloud, it was difficult to find enough storage for log data. Because, each system on the environment creates logs every second. After switching to IBM Cloud, it become easier, as it is really easy to scale the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

As a neuroscientist, I need powerful and scalable resources to conduct my brain simulation. Because my research contain lots of brain scan data from different species. IBM Cloud Object Storage is a good solution for my needs.

Each brain part data acts as an object of simulation code. Therefore, I need to simulate each brain part simultenaously. IBM COS allows me to organize my data into buckets. Each bucket can be in different regions across the world and the closest location tome is London. It provides less latency while I make a WAN connection.

IBM COS offers a reliable access management system as well. As a research team, we collaborate other's work and we need to share some parts of data while I need to limit some of it. Access management is usefull when I need to share objects separately.

Lastly,object upload options are various and I findAspera high-speed service useful. The university's security restrictions does not allow me to use API, therefore Aspera provides fast and resilience data transfer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Service connection management interface is a bit vague. I am confused each time I try to manage other connect IBM services on that screen.

Service usage statistics are clear but not too detailed.I wish they could provide more detailed logs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

IBM offers free package if you want to try. You will not lose anything if you try it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My neuroscience research simulation require powerful machines to run the code. IBM offers cloud application data storage as unstructured which enables me to shape it according to my needs. If you need powerful and fast resource, I definetely recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Manager
What do you like best?

IBM provides real fast service on that product. I know my files are secure, I trust IBM about that. They provide fast and high bandwith. It satisfies my parallel file system and object management needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can say negative about it.I am satisfied. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Object storage,parallel file system, secure, robust, stable. Tool integration has a wide option library. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CTO
What do you like best?

IBM Cloud Storage is both easy and fast. It allows us to setup object storage in mins, and best of all, they give us a whopping 10TB capacity, more than enough to handle any of our current and future object storage needs.

They provide an easy to use interface, tools to facilitate migration , and testing, and they have embedded AI tools to monitor and let you know if everything is working as it should be.

The support is beyond useful, they provide chat, phone, email support that responds in mins not days. They even provide step by step documentation on all the major providers and development languages to guide you.

They speed and reliability of their network seems to improve constantly , leaving us always happy with response times and loading of our Assets on the IBM Cloud Object Storage.

They are always keeping us in the loop of scheduled maintenance and improvements they are doing and they even migrate things for us , if anything were to possible affect us. We are beyond satisfied with the IBM Cloud Object Storage services we receive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the moment we have not found any dislikes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test them out they offer a free trial, and $200 Credit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As our services grow, we found that speed and performance would become an issue even with flexible cloud solutions, using the IBM Cloud Object Storage we can effectively load our code without worrying about bogging down resources that use to be used by assets, now stored in the IBM Object Storage Cloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

The data protection. As a business company, the privacy and safety of the data are very important. IBM Cloud Object Storage can protect our data from deletion and modification, it can really save us from the operation mistakes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far so good I think. Maybe because I just use the few functions of this software, it's pretty nice for the fundamental need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The fast transfer speed. IBM Cloud Object Storage is one of the fastest transfer software I used. It saves our transfer time and really help us when we are in the middle of the meeting and need to download something on the cloud quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Field Network Specialist
What do you like best?

Very easy to use and plenty of storage I know my data is secure Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing really I like that its easy to login and easy to see all of my data Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When you deploy infrastructure resources, you have more options about where your data is located. You can select a location, or you can select from a list of the IBM Cloud data centers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lifeguard
What do you like best?

IBM Cloud Storage allows me to store documents fro many device and not just from one device. It's a very useful platform for all of my documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is a little expensive especially if you store a lot of data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program even though is a little pricey is worth the money. It saves your company and helps to run the company more smoothly by being able to share files easily with other employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has allowed me to open documents from my company more conveniently and has helped to run the company more efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Branch manager
What do you like best?

The object store solution it’s very reliable and it’s tailored to your needs.

You pay for the amount of data stored you use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because it’s scalable you have to thoroughgoing plan the days you will save on the cloud. That requires a lot of work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can save money by the option of scalable. Also our data are very secure and we can access them from any device we authorize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Left-Mid soccer player Carolina Warriors
Sports
What do you like best?

I actually like the ease of use or user friendliness of this particular software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like having to train others on this software because they sometimes try to create their own way to use it and create unnecessary issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is used for unstructured data that we need storage for. It secures that data until we’re actually ready to either structure it or demo it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Director
Retail
What do you like best?

what I like best about IBM Cloud Object Storage is that it is very easy to use and it saves storage in your computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about IBM Cloud Object Storage, I think everything is good! I love how it saves room in my computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using this for my Social Media business and it has been very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

I like being able to invite team members as well as giving them certain permissions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say it's the most user-friendly application, but it definitely isn't supposed to be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The fast data transfer makes it worth it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm trying to overcome the limitations of traditional FTP and HTTP transfers by utilizing Aspera high-speed transfer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Service Advisor
What do you like best?

It is very easy to store images and important data safely and in a secure space Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did find a couple times that the system would lag and cause me to re-upload the data to store Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to store the data that we needed securely Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Owner
Hospitality
What do you like best?

This is probably one of the most business friendly storage solutions lots of support and easy integration Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t have any dislikes but the price was not as competitive as it could be for similar solutions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of information organizing reports and file storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Reliable and scalable to our requirement

Excellent team members, information, services, and products

achieve a high-bandwidth parallel file system solution, with a high stability and robustness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The user experience is not great

External IPs are not provided for free account.

Sometime, it slow and present problems of delay to synchronize Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has a data migration with high security, which increases the efficiency of the work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Service Representative
Telecommunications
What do you like best?

Great ability to save information for use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. Not too much experience with it yet Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Excellent ability to manage and store data Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CB
What do you like best?

1. This is a low cost Archive.

2. Data transfer is very fast.

3. Data is protected and is secured. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. Storage is limited.

2. This is pay as you go. We need to buy it rather than free storage space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very good product with improved security for the data stored. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we are using this for data archiving and backup, web and mobile applications, and as scalable, persistent storage for analytics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

The integrated system is perfect for serving small-medium companies with integrated cloud storage space available when need be Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do believe the system could be updated to better reflect the systems needed to utilize the cloud platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are utilizing the storage space for our highly sensitive information that we no longer need to utilize at the moment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

IBM is always providing the best of the best, but not always the best solution when user adaption is on a learning curve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This was not the way to go for non advanced technical knowledge Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This was used to store PII information of client base, it was definitely secure Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Very few drops, speed is never and issue and attractive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t have really any dislikes. Having the ability to try it for a month and then choose whether we wanted to use it, was awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trusted storage Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

It’s a no frills storage system. Just maintains files seamlessly without manual effory Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer service could improve for any questions after implementation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing data storage and backing up employee files Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and the documentation and code examples are comprehensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of dependency on the documention of AmazonS3. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I worked on a POC with connecting working with ICOS but I imagine that we could use it to store legacy data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I like having all data located in one place accessible anywhere you have a secure connection. It is very useful when collaborating and sharing data and conducting meetings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that there is always constant threats and vulnerabilities to think about when using the cloud based database. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a team that can handle transition and plan for a short period of data sharing uploads to be backlogged and prepare for ongoing tweaks and revisions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It provides a safe yet efficient place to retrieve store and update information while driving down cost of storing physical data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.