IBM Cloud Object Storage

3.8

Today, data is your business, and it’s growing exponentially at an accelerated pace. How you store, secure and access your data is important. You need a solution that scales, with a high-efficiency cost model. IBM Cloud Object Storage can be deployed on-premise or in a hosted IBM Cloud (SoftLayer) environment, providing you with the ideal object based storage platform for hybrid cloud. IBM Cloud Object Storage is also an integral part of the IBM storage family - delivering a broad range of storage options to satisfy the most demanding requirements – all from a single, trusted vendor.

Work for IBM Cloud Object Storage?

Learning about Object storage?

IBM Cloud Object Storage Reviews

Ask Object storage a Question
Showing 20 Object storage reviews
Object storage review by Nelson A.
Nelson A.

"Cloud Storage beyond its time!"

What do you like best?

IBM Cloud Storage is both easy and fast. It allows us to setup object storage in mins, and best of all, they give us a whopping 10TB capacity, more than enough to handle any of our current and future object storage needs.

They provide an easy to use interface, tools to facilitate migration , and testing, and they have embedded AI tools to monitor and let you know if everything is working as it should be.

The support is beyond useful, they provide chat, phone, email support that responds in mins not days. They even provide step by step documentation on all the major providers and development languages to guide you.

They speed and reliability of their network seems to improve constantly , leaving us always happy with response times and loading of our Assets on the IBM Cloud Object Storage.

They are always keeping us in the loop of scheduled maintenance and improvements they are doing and they even migrate things for us , if anything were to possible affect us. We are beyond satisfied with the IBM Cloud Object Storage services we receive.

What do you dislike?

At the moment we have not found any dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test them out they offer a free trial, and $200 Credit.

As our services grow, we found that speed and performance would become an issue even with flexible cloud solutions, using the IBM Cloud Object Storage we can effectively load our code without worrying about bogging down resources that use to be used by assets, now stored in the IBM Object Storage Cloud.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about IBM Cloud Object Storage
Object storage review by Sumit V.
Sumit V.

"One of the best Cloud Storage Platforms"

What do you like best?

IBM Cloud is different when compared to all other cloud servers, It provides so many services, maintaining test cases and defects are possible through IBM cloud and it is very simple to use. IBM Cloud makes sure the privacy of data is more important like this it protects individual data very carefully. IBM Cloud support have very good agents they solve any of our problems.

What do you dislike?

I have experienced some drop in connection which is a problem for continuous usage of cloud services. The price tag can be a bit much depending on the size of your company.

IBM cloud storage facility helps my company with this storage facility with the highest level of threat protection and privacy. The interface is super simple, and we can easily upload our day to day documents and share them with the colleagues.

What Object Storage solution do you use?

Object storage review by User

"The data never miss again!"

What do you like best?

The data protection. As a business company, the privacy and safety of the data are very important. IBM Cloud Object Storage can protect our data from deletion and modification, it can really save us from the operation mistakes.

What do you dislike?

So far so good I think. Maybe because I just use the few functions of this software, it's pretty nice for the fundamental need.

The fast transfer speed. IBM Cloud Object Storage is one of the fastest transfer software I used. It saves our transfer time and really help us when we are in the middle of the meeting and need to download something on the cloud quickly.

Object storage review by Anthony T.
Anthony T.

"Very easy to use and plenty of storage "

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and plenty of storage I know my data is secure

What do you dislike?

nothing really I like that its easy to login and easy to see all of my data

When you deploy infrastructure resources, you have more options about where your data is located. You can select a location, or you can select from a list of the IBM Cloud data centers

Object storage review by Emily P.
Emily P.

"Better than Google Cloud "

What do you like best?

IBM Cloud Storage allows me to store documents fro many device and not just from one device. It's a very useful platform for all of my documents.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is a little expensive especially if you store a lot of data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program even though is a little pricey is worth the money. It saves your company and helps to run the company more smoothly by being able to share files easily with other employees.

It has allowed me to open documents from my company more conveniently and has helped to run the company more efficiently.

Object storage review by Dorian B.
Dorian B.

"Store whatever you want whenever you want"

What do you like best?

The object store solution it’s very reliable and it’s tailored to your needs.

You pay for the amount of data stored you use.

What do you dislike?

Because it’s scalable you have to thoroughgoing plan the days you will save on the cloud. That requires a lot of work.

We can save money by the option of scalable. Also our data are very secure and we can access them from any device we authorize.

Object storage review by Franchesca D.
Franchesca D.

"IBM Experience"

What do you like best?

I actually like the ease of use or user friendliness of this particular software.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like having to train others on this software because they sometimes try to create their own way to use it and create unnecessary issues.

This is used for unstructured data that we need storage for. It secures that data until we’re actually ready to either structure it or demo it.

Object storage review by Administrator

"Reliable & Scalable Object Store Solution. Fast enough for AI"

What do you like best?

Reliable and scalable to our requirement

Excellent team members, information, services, and products

achieve a high-bandwidth parallel file system solution, with a high stability and robustness.

What do you dislike?

The user experience is not great

External IPs are not provided for free account.

Sometime, it slow and present problems of delay to synchronize

It has a data migration with high security, which increases the efficiency of the work

Object storage review by Irina  K.
Irina K.

"Cloud Object Storage "

What do you like best?

what I like best about IBM Cloud Object Storage is that it is very easy to use and it saves storage in your computer.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about IBM Cloud Object Storage, I think everything is good! I love how it saves room in my computer.

I am using this for my Social Media business and it has been very helpful.

Object storage review by Administrator

"IBM Cloud Object Storage"

What do you like best?

I like being able to invite team members as well as giving them certain permissions.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say it's the most user-friendly application, but it definitely isn't supposed to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The fast data transfer makes it worth it

I'm trying to overcome the limitations of traditional FTP and HTTP transfers by utilizing Aspera high-speed transfer.

Object storage review by Matthew  B.
Matthew B.

"Very easy to use - secure strorage"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to store images and important data safely and in a secure space

What do you dislike?

I did find a couple times that the system would lag and cause me to re-upload the data to store

We have been able to store the data that we needed securely

Object storage review by Carina B.
Carina B.

"Secure Storage "

What do you like best?

This is probably one of the most business friendly storage solutions lots of support and easy integration

What do you dislike?

I don’t have any dislikes but the price was not as competitive as it could be for similar solutions

Keeping track of information organizing reports and file storage.

Object storage review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Great product"

What do you like best?

I like having all data located in one place accessible anywhere you have a secure connection. It is very useful when collaborating and sharing data and conducting meetings.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that there is always constant threats and vulnerabilities to think about when using the cloud based database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a team that can handle transition and plan for a short period of data sharing uploads to be backlogged and prepare for ongoing tweaks and revisions.

It provides a safe yet efficient place to retrieve store and update information while driving down cost of storing physical data.

Object storage review by Consultant

"IBM Cloud"

What do you like best?

1. This is a low cost Archive.

2. Data transfer is very fast.

3. Data is protected and is secured.

What do you dislike?

1. Storage is limited.

2. This is pay as you go. We need to buy it rather than free storage space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good product with improved security for the data stored.

we are using this for data archiving and backup, web and mobile applications, and as scalable, persistent storage for analytics

Object storage review by Kelly A.
Kelly A.

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

Great ability to save information for use

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. Not too much experience with it yet

Excellent ability to manage and store data

"IBM Cloud Review"

What do you like best?

The integrated system is perfect for serving small-medium companies with integrated cloud storage space available when need be

What do you dislike?

I do believe the system could be updated to better reflect the systems needed to utilize the cloud platform

We are utilizing the storage space for our highly sensitive information that we no longer need to utilize at the moment

Object storage review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Secure ask Watson"

What do you like best?

IBM is always providing the best of the best, but not always the best solution when user adaption is on a learning curve.

What do you dislike?

This was not the way to go for non advanced technical knowledge

This was used to store PII information of client base, it was definitely secure

Object storage review by User in Computer Software

"ICOS"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and the documentation and code examples are comprehensive.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of dependency on the documention of AmazonS3.

I worked on a POC with connecting working with ICOS but I imagine that we could use it to store legacy data.

Object storage review by User

"Effective and efficient "

What do you like best?

Very few drops, speed is never and issue and attractive.

What do you dislike?

I don’t have really any dislikes. Having the ability to try it for a month and then choose whether we wanted to use it, was awesome.

Trusted storage

Object storage review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"IBM Storage Cloud Gets Job Done"

What do you like best?

It’s a no frills storage system. Just maintains files seamlessly without manual effory

What do you dislike?

Customer service could improve for any questions after implementation.

Managing data storage and backing up employee files

Learning about IBM Cloud Object Storage?

* We monitor all IBM Cloud Object Storage reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.