Formidable Forms Reviews & Product Details

Formidable Forms Overview

What is Formidable Forms?

Formidable Forms is the most advanced WordPress form builder anywhere. Build a single contact form or complex multi-page forms with conditional logic, calculations, and file uploads. Then display the collected data with views and graphs. Get far more than just WordPress forms.

Formidable Forms Details
Danish, German, English, French, Spanish, Swedish

Formidable Forms is an advanced WordPress form builder. Build a single contact form or complex multi-page forms with conditional logic, calculations, and file uploads. Then display the collected data with views and graphs. Get far more than just WordPress forms.

Strategy11
2007
N/A

Formidable Forms Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Formidable Forms community
Have you used Formidable Forms before?

Formidable Forms Reviews

Showing 41 Formidable Forms reviews
Already have Formidable Forms?
What do you like best?

Formidable Forms is amazing because it can do anything! To begin with, it shows great flexibility to be able to create payment systems, notifications, complex and simple forms, user creations, and API connections with many apps! all this adding the combination of the use of conditional logic that enhances it even more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can see that could be improved little by little is to be able to take the design of the forms to another level. Formidable Forms has styles that are a great tool to style your forms, also with custom CSS, but I think this section could be improved to have forms with clean aesthetics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to solve many objectives with Formidable! From creating a voting system with memberships, to being able to insert forms with pop-up in bootstrap mode!

The ability to solve problems is infinite since Formidable gives you that power,

It is necessary to understand that the amount of things to do or solve is so wide that it is important to read the manuals and the complete documentation! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Formidable Forms does everything I need. I can create simple or complex forms, including signature fields, file uploads, and even user registration. If all of the built-in features are enough, there are many developer hooks available to use in custom code. I've yet to think of anything that can't be done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are several limitations that I don't like. There is no "undo" when moving or deleting fields from a form, a form cannot be published more than once on the same page, and there is no "OR" logic allowed in conditional statements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm using FF to gather student information, including attendance and grades, to calculate GPA, and create transcripts available to the user at any time. I also use FF to collect and track service requests from users. Most of my forms are set up to send a confirmation email and/or update fields in another form based on the user inputs. I use conditional visibility and required fields so that I can use the same form for users and admins, simplifying my site design. Conditional URL redirects bring the user to the correct page when they submit a form based on their inputs. Views are versatile and allow simple front-end editing of entries.

I am looking forward to replacing my current membership and payment plug-ins with Formidable Forms user registration and PayPal addons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Lots of powerful add-ons with white label feature included. You can literally customize every single aspect of your form. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since you can customize so many aspect of your form, you'll easily feel overwhelm the first few time you setup your form.

But after awhile, you'll fall in love with them (Formidable Forms) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you just want to create a simple contact form, you don't need a powerhouse such as Formidable Forms.

You're better off with some free contact forms which are vastly available in WordPress plugin repo.

But if you're looking to create advance and complex form, this is the best choice you can get for a WordPress site.

I've tested a couple for WordPress form builders throughout the past 6 years using WordPress, and I can confidently say that Formidable Form is the best.

The builder is so user friendly, even a WordPress newbie can create forms easily within minutes.

And the integration part is the most mind blowing.

You can customize so many this such as email, API, payment, eCommerce, quizzes and loads more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm using Formidable Form for creating simple order and booking forms, connected with my local payment gateway. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Customization. Hands down the best form builder, but that 's just the beginning. Formidable Pro allows you to take the data you collect and use it any way you need, it's hard to give specifics, but examples of what it is capable of are easy. It can be a full event management system, or a complete web store, a contact directory, or a swim team management system. Formidable was not designed to be any of these things but it is powerful enough to do it. I have been asked to do things with data that would normally require a back-end solution but instead was handled by this plug-in.

WordPress is a community that grows and learns together, premium plugin's were free for many years but that model comes with many downsides and few benefits. Companies such as Strategy11 continue to offer a quality product at no expense to the community and their premium solution easily adds enough to justify the expense. They remain a strong supporter of WordPress and by extension, me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The licensing structure. A few years ago you were able to purchase the add-on's individually. Now they only come with a specific tier. I believe I understand why they did it this way and I probably would have done it myself, but I still don't "like" it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I try to solve all my problems with Formidable. That may sound absurd and it does not work for everything, but I do try. We have all searched for plugins to do specific things only to spend hours finding work arounds for poorly written code or troubleshooting incompatibilities. I don't have these issues with Formidable so step 1 is always to consider how it can solve the problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Developer/Web Accessibility Auditor
What do you like best?

Formidable forms has offered tremendous support as we created very customized forms for surveys, downloads, and contacts. They have been quick to respond and offer customized solutions. We were able to able custom styles everywhere we needed to. Highly recommend! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike enough to actually list. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to create surveys that capture personalized data and integrate the data with our CRM. It allowed us to create surveys that I did not think would be possible without completely hardcoding everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Found it so much easier to create and edit my forms than other software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would have given a 9.5 rating. Only reason for not giving a 10 is I experienced some confusion over upgrading from free lite to a discount price Pro version. I know now It auto-renews at regular price but that wasn't initially clear on the sales pages I saw. That confusion seems to be corrected on newer sales pages now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give Formidable Forms a try. Using it as made collecting guest information for my podcast simple and easy. Has saved me a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had a problem when still using the free Lite version. I couldn't edit one of my forms. But the edit I wanted to make was minor and I appreciated that the form still worked fine. The problem disappeared once I upgraded ... but I don't think "having" to upgrade was the issue. Think was just a system glitch.

- I'm in the US. A second problem I had was the form not allowing a business acquaintance to submit a form because it wouldn't accept his Thailand based phone number. We found a non-form workaround. I haven't investigated the issue further yet to see if there's something I could change on the form to rectify this problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO | Marketing Specialist | Heath & Fitness Leads & Appts
What do you like best?

I like the drag and drop builder, which made it easy over the years to throw a quick form together. But my actual favorite part is the ability to control display with detailed VIEWS of the data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The design of front end elements is pretty putrid. It's functional, but very dated. Fortunately, it's easily modified with CSS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Many years ago I compared Gravity Forms to Formidable. During the comparison, I reached out to support to answer a specific question. Because of the response from Steph and the team at FF, I chose them, and I don't regret it.

If you have a solid foundation in HTML, CSS (but not absolutely necessary) you can create some pretty advanced web apps with FF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've created everything from simple contact forms to full-blown applications. I install it on every WP site I build. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

I like that there is more than enough options, add-ons, extensions to this web form design and management tool.

But it's more than that. You can build entire web apps with it. For example, I love short codes. It basically allows me to run sql commands without sql knowledge. It's a abstracted construct above actual contact with undder the hood parts. They do a good job of simplifying the UI for non FT programmers like me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Deeper you get, the more technical it gets. So you kinda have to be prepared to learn a few tricks or two. I'd like to see more abstracted UI elements within the plugin interface itself for data integration design between entries and views i.e. attach elements via dragging connectors etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, try it. It's probably the best out there for this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Im building a web app. This app will help my target audience to do their job better and easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Formidable Forms makes it extremely easy to create forms for WordPress sites, but most importantly it offers many PHP hooks and other ways of customizing forms that you don't find on other form creation plugins. This makes it easy to run custom actions upon form submissions, to send customized e-mails on form submissions, perform custom calculations, and much more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The accessibility of the plugin to those using screen reading applications is commendable but could be improved, especially in the form editing interface. For example, sighted users can drag and drop form fields around the screen, but there is as of yet no easy way for visually impaired users to move fields around using screen reading applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Formidable Forms has helped meet our business requirements of a reliable, secure form creation solution for the many business clients for whom we build WordPress Websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SEO Specialist / Digital Marketing Specialist - Part-Time, Freelance Job
What do you like best?

- Many templates to jump-start form creation

- Small footprint (css 17.5 KB, JS 48.2KB)

- Very fast drag and drop form builder with a lot of input fields

- Almost any integration you might need for WP websites Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Templates don't have examples of advanced forms with repeaters and images as options

- When using images as options making calculations is very difficult

- Generally, for complex calculations, the user interface could be improved and there should be more examples.

- Support is fast, on point, will not go the extra mile. You can expect spartan replies (short with links to documentation) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I started using it for simple contact forms, but then created a complete order system for my services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

La facilidad en la construcción de formularios, con múltiples alternativas las cuales se vuelven infinitas cuando utilizas la lógica condicional.

Mi formación es Ing Agrónomo y no tengo conocimientos de código, pero Formidable Forms ha pensado en nosotros, por ello la califico como una herramienta extraordinaria Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hasta el momento, nada de que quejarme, 100% de satisfacción Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Recolectar la información de mis visitantes, de manera segura y agradable para el usuario

- Integración con MailChimp que agiliza el mercadeo digital

- Diversidad de alternativas para solicitar y recolectar la información Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use, views, drag and drop, easy styling, reliable reporting and submissions, payments, mailchimp integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything. It's worth every penny and I use formidable on every single website I build and that number is well over 100 now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get the elite package, the pricing is grand fathered and the support is amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Custom logins, mailchimp integrations, views, calculations, custom styles, the list goes on. I use formidable to build solutions I'd either need to sub out or use other plugins for. It's just gooood!!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very easy to use - yet extremely powerful. I love that I can build a full backend login system where people can create custom profiles/posts/listings, or I can just make a simple contact form. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - amazing - and amazing support when I have any issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate - It's a very good system, I strongly recommend. I even used it as a base platform to build an entire web app for a client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use formidable to display form data, to send csv files, to take payments, donations. Very powerful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web designer / President HOA
What do you like best?

i like the ability to customize your views and pull the fields into pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that i dislike at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to create monthly inspections and show stats from those inspections on another page in a customized way. I also have a plugin that I use with Formidable that allows me to complete a pdf fillable form based off of the my form entries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Laura at Formidable has been extremely helpful with the details of understanding how to use the shortcode filters and PHP to customize. Of course, actual customization is something you have to pay for, but help with understanding what’s happening with the code has been invaluable and definitely saved me time. Formidable has feature-rich plug-ins, for sure! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. The product and support are excellent! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Help with forms and understanding how to customize Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & Digital Strategist
What do you like best?

Formidable Forms is the backbone of many websites that I have built on WordPress. What I like best is how I am able to build complex processes using the built-in features of Formidable Forms. I'm able to us the many features to implement the required process for the website. This can be a system to manage ticketing, appointment, user profiles, and almost anything that I can think of. There is a ton of documentation and resources that can help you do basic to very advanced programming with Formidable Forms.

Formidable Forms makes it easy for us to collect information from a user, store that information, perform tasks on that information, and easily view and manage the submitted data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Formidable Forms has a lot of additional add-ons and features that are only available to certain plan levels. I dislike this because the cost to upgrade is not justifiable when I only require one of the many features that the upgrade will provide. I am forced to pay for features that I do not need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read the documentation to validate your use-case. It is likely that Formidable Forms will be able to accomplish your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to build increasingly complex websites and web apps using Formidable Forms and Wordpress. Formidable Forms allows me to collect inputs from users and then use that information to perform calculations and tasks. I'm also able to create administrative views and forms so that inputs can be managed easily by the team.

I have found that the biggest limitation with Formidable Forms is only what we envision. The plug-in is very extendable and able to handle any requirement that we throw at it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Executive Officer
What do you like best?

I like that you can easily import PHP into the form builder to expand for a specific use case. We have been able to build intricate databases with the form builder that we never would have been able to do without a ton of custom code. A few lines of code and some shortcodes have made life easier. Support is amazing to work with and usually answers questions in less than 24 hours. The team has a true commitment to the WordPress community and the Slack group is always a tremendous help to solving problems. No system can build for every use case but Formidable Forms makes it easy to operate across multiple needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Stripe integration could do more. Right now, it's one-directional for the most part which leaves out many reporting needs. An issue I encountered with the integration was the combination in using Stripe with registration. It resulted in a tremendous issue that took us a month or so to fix but I understand that they cannot account for the use case we had in this case. We fixed the issue and everything is working perfectly otherwise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a powerful, database like function with the forms and CSS already built for you, Formidable Forms is the way to go. Not only will you have beautifully designed forms, but you will also have powerful data integrations for extensive reporting that can help improve user experiences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have created an entire billing system for an insurance company. We have also created a classified platform and a social media platform with Formidable Forms. It's great for any sort of data entry and organizes the data well for reports. We have used the form builder in conjunction with other plugins to create piecemeal MVPs for startups looking to maximize function and save money. It's truly a great plugin to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Formidable Pro is the perfect tool for developers like me. It allows me to customize (just about) every aspect of the form elements. The VIEWS functionality is just a fantastic tool to get complex behaviours in a reasonable budget.

Getting functional requirements from agencies can cause costs to skyrocket but with Formidable Pro I get to come in under budget, and still deliver a great project. Support is always quick and very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some clients are intimidated byt he cost, but once I explain that savings they will get by avoiding custom development they understand the complex functionality they get 'out of the box'. It would be helpful to have an integrated PDF printer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at th documentation it's detailed and thourough. Pre sales questions are also good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using the VIEWS functionality I solved complex programming requirements. My clients benefited from complex solutions that don't break the bank. Additionally we solved picky requirments with the ability for fine-grained tuning of CSS, and javascript. We needed to create a mini-website based on answers from a form. Using VIEWS we accomplished all requirments. The project also required some javascript calculations which we can easily add to the forms. One client also required a sophiticated dashboard for a manager to view the forms submitted by each employee, Formidable pro comes with a customizable attractive solution out of the box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The interface is super easy to use and the view feature allows for easy display of results on the WordPress site without having to use the WP_Query or PHP to pull from the database. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some times when Formidable doesn't seem as robust as other form creator plugins on the WordPress platform. Gravity forms seems to have more plugin options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the trial to make sure the software works for your needs and also review the documentation/blog because there is a lot of coding tips in there which may solve the problem you're looking at. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Collection of business data and payment using Stripe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Concierge Technology Consultant
What do you like best?

Ease of use. I've used other form builders, and none of them were nearly as easy and intuitive for building WordPress forms. The range of features and input fields is expansive, and I have yet to throw anything at it that it wasn't capable of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. It's really well developed and feature rich. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Formidable may be one of the newer kids on the block, but is well worth looking at for the ease of implementation, and the power of the forms you can build. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In most cases I needed to enable site visitors to upload attachments as part of an application process. Formidable Forms allows for that functionality, and delivers forms to the site owner cleanly and easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As soon as we start using a feature of Formidable, another one pops up that I am driven to learn. Keep 'em coming! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Only that years ago when we first started using Formidable, they offered "hire an expert". We did and unfortunately that person was less than expected. Some of our clients are still feeling the pain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Can't beat it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Forms, signatures, integrations, security...all solved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director fundador
What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of the plugin, and I am really happy with the customer service. I use it in every project and has change the way in how we work in our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Until now everything works perfect, anything that I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They have a great customer service and update the plugin frecuently with new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Give me the possibility to export my clients forms submission to a csv file wich saves me a lot of time every day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

If your are a programmer, you can do about everything you need related to forms with Formidable. There is a rich set of features and functions making everything possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There use to be a powerful support site with public Q&A available on which we were able to search on a subject and often find an answer, since a similar problem had been solved already. Also, the team support was small but terrific. Today, there is no such public Q&A database available and the support is correct but no longer awful. Also, the pricing is discouraging for small businesses, particularly when you need some add ons which are available in higher end packages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check for the price of all the components you might need Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I extensively use fFormidable forms for anything relating to entering and managing information on my site. From simple contact forms to event management, message management, paiement forms, order forms, front-end content generation, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There are 2 very important aspects about Formidsble Forms: 1. The support and availability is among the best for any WP plugin, 2. The functionality and control to create a great user experience is unmatched for both developers and drag and drop users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are many form builders out there and many are comparable, Formidable does have a slight learning curve because it works differently than other form builders but once you get it you won’t look back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Formidable Forms to solve simple to complex user experience problems. Gathering data can be a cumbersome and often difficult process to develop and for the end user. Formidable can help create the user experience in line with their expectations. Give the a try to solve both simple everyday data collection toon needs to complex problem solving requirements. Easy to use, great support and solid updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Formidable to gather basic contact info with basic styling to complex pricing and configuration for data and even products. I use Formidable to reduce The time hand coding or manipulating WP. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

just what i wanted. excellent plugin does what it says on the tin Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

very slow customer service no live chat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

install FF Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

forms on my website and automated actions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.