Datatables

Datatables is a plug-in for the jQuery Javascript library. It is a tool, build upon the foundations of progressive enhancement, that adds all of these advanced features to any HTML table. It helps for adding sorting and paging and filtering abilities.

Work for Datatables?

Learning about Datatables?

Datatables Reviews

Showing 20 Datatables reviews
Datatables review by Clemente N.
Clemente N.

"the perfect plugin for iterating with tables"

What do you like best?

When I discovered datatables, now a couple of years ago, I was amazed! It allows you to create iterazinones in the tables, in a simple and complete way. You can feed txt files, json or simply html tables, perhaps extrapolated with server-side programming language, and he creates tables with a search engine included, with the possibility of sorting, you can insert buttons and program them to do what you want you. And not only that: there are many features, all present and explained with examples on the official website, which I still have to implement. Depending on your needs, you will find the right solution.

What do you dislike?

all beautiful things also have some patches. In my opinion, perhaps, the search for advanced features is a bit complex. Let me explain: the site is complete with everything, but perhaps to look for advanced features, it is a bit problematic. Also, having server-side language, javascript and advanced functionality coexisting is not so immediate. But it is feasible, depends on the skill of the programmer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use datatables whenever you are dealing with tables. Look for advanced features, because surely there is the answer to your need.

The problems solved are a myriad: before discovering datatables, I tried to get its functionality, mixing javascript of all kinds, various plugins, without talking about server-side calls ... well here it's all included. the main use I made, was the design of a cms that allows the management of all web applications, which I realize. a revolution!

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Datatables
Datatables review by Sushil S.
Sushil S.

"Best tabular plugin with jquery"

What do you like best?

The best thing about datatables is it is easy to integrate and can customize as per requirement. With the help of jquery it is much more easy to use. It can handle large amount of data fluently and it just don't increate site loading time and paginate large data. Searching option is also best among all other features of datatables, you can search throughout the table or you can add for separate column wise.

What do you dislike?

Datatables is already much more powerfull plugin. but I got issue few times with the styling to table and making responsive to it. While exporting large data sometimes crashes the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am using datatables for almost 3 years now, and I got no issue with it. I didn't found any best alternative to datatables and it is working very well. All features datatables are providing are free, so I always recommends to other developers to use datatables, also its integration with Laravel framework is also easy.

Generally We use datatables in admin panel of our websites, and we use it for listing entries, users, products, and from there we not only lists data but also update data using post requests on to it. It has easy to export table data inbuilt functionality, which makes my life so easy while developing.

What Other Web Frameworks solution do you use?

Datatables review by Mohit P.
Mohit P.

"Best in the world J-Query table plugin.[Free also]"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and customisation provided. Also, it is able to handle the very large amount of data very easily with the help of pagination. As it's J-Query plugin most of the syntax is same as J-Query. And best part of it is free. Also sorting and searching feature just work like charm. We are using this plug-in for last 3 years but still no issues yet...

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about it. It's so easy and powerful. I never found any issue while using it, sometimes it's difficult to debug it but still it's so great in terms of productivity. Also on large data export you will need to tune system a bit otherwise it fails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's J-query Plugin so you will have to use J-Query anyway. You can't use without it. I personally found debugging it bit difficult. It's very feature rich so you must go for it if you want to show data in table format. Many times export of large dataset does not work. We have used this product on production site for more than 3 years now... No issues till yet. We have used this with Laravel framework... Works flawlessly.

We use it in admin dashboard. To show campaign entries. Most of the our campaigns are small but some are vert big still it is able to handle it. User's also like it as it's so feature rich. Many times client request that they only want datatable in admin dashboard... so you must have look into it.

Datatables review by User

"A great option for building tables in record time"

What do you like best?

The possibility of building improved tables with options such as filters, orders, paging and responsive design in a very short time. In addition, you can customize all of this with different options, such as choosing which columns can be sorted or filtered between other alternatives.

What do you dislike?

The documentation is not very clear or intuitive, so you will have to search a bit on the Net to find out some answers. Datatables are not easy to use, so the first time can be a little tedious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It requires a bit of time to start of, but if you need to work with reports it will be a good inversion of time.

We are using them to show data of reports to the customers and allow them to interact in real time filtering o searching a specific term in all the data that is displayed in the table.

Datatables review by Anthony v.
Anthony v.

"A very good and solid jQuery Datatable"

What do you like best?

I love the support and the API. DataTables.net is a core part of the product that I provide to my clients.

What do you dislike?

This product is feature complete. They also provide a Editing control that I have not chosen to make use of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very basic implementations of DataTables.net can be implemented by even the most basic of Web Developers. It only requires two includes and 3 lines of code.

More experience is required for the additional functionality but there are piles of examples,

I needed a good solid and easy to integrate Table control that would fit in with JQueryUI. It does what it says and makes that part of my application look good and function well.

Datatables review by Edgar R.
Edgar R.

"Tables on steroids! For Free!"

What do you like best?

Datatables is FREE! but not's not all! It works great an implementation is really a breeze.

No more static tables on your html pages, and setup is pretty straightfoward.

What do you dislike?

Not knowing more javascript, but that is not a problem of Datatables nor did it keep me from not using this great app!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free open source project with plenty of documentation for easy setup.

Making static data on html interactive with our visitors online, plus it works on mobile devices.

It's an open source project but the documentation is quite complete, and it can grow depending on the needs of your site.

But not only that, Datatables also allows to customize the looks of your tables, I greatly recommend it.

Datatables review by User

"Awesome. Simplifies so many usecases"

What do you like best?

After processing and summarizing large amounts of data, I often need to display, well, tables of data. Datatables does such a better job than just raw html tables in 90% of cases. It's especially great for getting a MVP of what you want to display and functionality before you even worry about tweaking.

What do you dislike?

Well, it's a lot better than raw html tables, but sometimes I do have to do some work to get the actual tweaks to work exactly as I need to. I think this is definitely an aspect of how many features that datatables has though. It can be tweaked in so many ways, that you have to specify exactly how you want it and that takes some lines of code to do it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to use it so you can save lots of time for other things!

I usually can quickly show summarizations of large raw tables of data using Datatables which is exactly what I need. Datatables saves me time doing repetitive jobs which means I can get more done. It's the right tool for the job for 95% of usecases.

Datatables review by User in Investment Banking
User in Investment Banking

"Data Tables for strategic reports"

What do you like best?

I am using data tables to view the strategical data reports of algorithmic trading. Their responsiveness is awesome and they take none or very less time to render and to show the data. We can also apply filters and search any column based on the value provided in the search textfield. Its UI and design is awesome we can make any row clickable. It can be implemented in few lines of codes and it is available for many supportive frontend languages and frameworks like html, bootstrap and angular data tables.

What do you dislike?

It requires little bit of programming languages knowledge to render the data dynamically and to integrate this in the frontend. For large images as column to display the performance is affecting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need to integrate more reporting related to custom paging implementation in angular js and also need to support the rendering of base64 image. Overall rendering performance is very good. I have tested it for 104 pages with each page having 20 records.

To show the real time algorithmic trading data to the decision makers to work on the stock markets. It is also used to show the real time reporting of the companies various share trading in the form of report. We can also filter the data date wise and any attribute wise.

Datatables review by User in Computer Software

"Bloated and Complicated"

What do you like best?

Datatable would be very nice for project with simple usages, like small tables with very common needs. Like most solutions, it allows people to quickly setup nice look tables.

What do you dislike?

There are several problems with datatable. When you try to do some customization , the code started to look like alien language. Simple task like custom row coloring can be daunting.

There are also performance issue on big tables.

Recommendations to others considering the product

jqGrid is good alternative. it handles well with the big amount od data

We used to display various tables of tickets or tasks. This is quick out of the box solution.

Datatables review by Akshay S.
Akshay S.

"Datatables"

What do you like best?

Data tables are much faster.

Data tables are fast stable.

Datatables logic is very much portable.

Queries are easy to read in data tables.

It is very much similar to SQL.

What do you dislike?

Data tables are not easy to use.

Data frames are more widely adopted than datatables

Data tables arae fast and it boosts the works and saves time.

Datatables review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Your web tables, on RedBull"

What do you like best?

I very much like the simplicity of using it on my web apps. Create a table markup, provide a datasource, initiate the table using jQuery, and viola! A full-pledged table in your web app, with sort, search, and pagination features ready.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, it doesn't yet have the Excel like column filter. It would be very much appreciated if it got included.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really helps fasten development time, and the paid features are really worth the price.

Providing the user with easy to use and comprehensible way of showing data.

Datatables review by Misha B.
Misha B.

"Great table framework for javascript based apps"

What do you like best?

Very nice built in table utilities such as filtering, sorting, layouts, and templating

What do you dislike?

The documentation isn't the best, and it could be easier to apply a layout or custom features to a row or cell object

I was using datatables to display data within a website, utilizing ReactJS as the front end.

Datatables review by User in Information Technology and Services

"It is just best"

What do you like best?

You can integrate it with any technology and also with server side and client side.

What do you dislike?

Documentation can be nicer, sometimes I have seen my juniors struggling with it

Like every problem - I have used datatables in many of my developed websites

Datatables review by Desiree B.
Desiree B.

"Very well written"

What do you like best?

I love that it’s fast and flexible. There is nothing like it on the market.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don’t like about Datatables!!! I’m very impressed

I was having problems with keeping my events in order. Daratables solved that problem.

Datatables review by User in Higher Education

"Great tool for sorting tabular data"

What do you like best?

Very easy to incorporate. The documentation for this product is great and their website provides wonderful examples for incorporating the plugin and customizing it for your website.

What do you dislike?

Some responsive features are not as easy to use sometimes or don't behave as always expected or how you feel it might intuitively work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great free version of the product. Does what we need it to do.

Sorting and searching tabular data. This has helped us make non-responsive sites responsive rather easily,.

Datatables review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Excellent Programming Software"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to use this tool

for older browsers and the functionality it provides when I’m creating CSV files.

What do you dislike?

I wish datatables was included beyond the free trial period.

We use data tables to organize and display info from from our data set. It helps us compare and analyze our data.

Datatables review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"DataTables"

What do you like best?

DataTables is a plug-in for the jQuery Javascript library. It is a highly flexible tool, build upon the foundations of progressive enhancement, that adds all of these advanced features to any HTML table.

What do you dislike?

There aren’t many this that I dislike about datatables

Helps to organize my html

Datatables review by User

"Great jquery plugin to improve UX quickly"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, tons of features - works with jquery.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to write here. What kind of a monster complains about open source?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it - it's the best of the similar plugins.

We've simplified our dashboard UX quite a bit.

Datatables review by User in Internet

"Great for displaying tabular data"

What do you like best?

Great for displaying tabular data easily

What do you dislike?

Documentation is a little light in some places

I have used Datatables to display lots of data about degree programs on a client’s website. It was easy to implement and user-friendly on the front end.

Datatables review by User

"Okay but not the greatest "

What do you like best?

I like the ease and functionality of the system

What do you dislike?

I dislike the graphics and it just kinda boring

It solves a few but not as many as we would like

Learning about Datatables?

* We monitor all Datatables reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.