Charityproud Reviews & Product Details

Charityproud Overview

What is Charityproud?

Charityproud is an all-inclusive, cloud-based system providing a 360° view of your constituent engagement. All of the functionality your fundraising teams needs is in our suite of user-friendly tools--from constituent management to donations and pledges, to volunteers and events, to reporting, mailing and grant tracking. We provide you with pages for your website that download data back into your database, as well as integrations with some of your favorite software platforms. Our affordable pricing for the entire platform AND your customer support makes it accessible to nonprofits of all sizes. Schedule a demo with us today! www.charityproud.org/DemoRequest

Charityproud Details

Charityproud is an all-inclusive, cloud-based donor management system providing a 360° view of your constituent engagement. We blend many functionalities under one platform and provide exceptional customer support for one low price.

Alboddo Technology
2014
Charleston, SC
@BeCharityproud
73 Twitter followers

Charityproud Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Charityproud community
Have you used Charityproud before?

Charityproud Reviews

Showing 19 Charityproud reviews
Already have Charityproud?
Director of Development
What do you like best?

CharityProud helped to transform our small nonprofit that has used QuickBooks as a donor database since 2008. My favorite feature is the reports module since it is much easier for me to share donor data with our board members and leadership versus how we previously ran reports in QuickBooks. I love having the option to see the report on my screen, create a PDF, export to CSV, or use the report outcome to create a mail merge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish we had the ability to export data in search mode. Sometimes you just need to do a quick export based on a search of a certain word. I'm glad you can add custom fields, but the process to do so is not super intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This was the perfect solution that aligned with our budget. The level of support has been greatly appreciated and they are willing to listen to customers and make changes when it will benefit all clients. I frequently went to the online giving sites of others to see what the user experience would be like before we made our final decision, and we are happy to upgrade this experience for our donors with Charityproud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since Charityproud is in the cloud, this allows our staff to have access to information when they are out of the office. This is making it easier to grow and build relationships with current donors and prospects. Previously, our team was tracking grants and deadlines with a Word document. Grants tracking helps to keep all team members updated when deadlines are approaching, and we have improved our planning processes. Charityproud is also helping us to improve our online giving experience and gives us the ability to share our case for giving on our donate page. This enhancement helps us to become more donor focused and I know it will lead to increased levels of support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

For our organization, Charity Proud is the first CRM software we've ever integrated - meaning it has completely transformed how we manage and understand our donor and volunteer data. Charity Proud is highly organized with its categories of information for each constituent, making it easy to target individuals based on the information cataloged. I personally love how user-friendly and attractive CP is - I never feel like I have to work to find what or who I'm looking for. Charity Proud is reliable, organized, and caters to the needs of a nonprofit like ours. We are still new users, but I am excited to see how Charity Proud affects our organization's fundraising and volunteer registration a year down the road. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With software as unique and helpful as Charity Proud, there will always be a ton of information to learn. Charity Proud has so many helpful attributes that I just am not aware of yet. I sometimes feel like I need more insight as to how to use the software to its full potential - especially since I have never worked with CRM software before nor has anyone in our organization; however, the employees of Charity Proud have always had the best response time with helpful hints - even laying out how to use the software with webinar links and screenshots. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For the first time ever, our organization is able to track a plethora of donor information and run varying reports to see how our constituents are giving from year to year. We are able to build fundraising plans based on this information like never before and target individuals who seem more likely to give. We can automatically shoot out "thank you" letters to donors without manually entering their gift amounts - & can also send an "end of year" letter before tax season. We are now able to streamline the giving process online and use one payment processor instead of three different payment platforms with extra fees on top of donations. For the volunteer portion, Charity Proud has allowed us to automatically capture volunteer info, completed waivers, and registrations with a couple of clicks. Before, we were manually coordinating with individuals every day. Charity Proud has saved me hours of time and effort every day with its automation and streamlined processes. Before Charity Proud, we never had a system set up to track pledges - now Charity Proud intuitively knows when a donation should be linked to a pledge. Wow! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

It impliments all aspects, from donors, to volunteers, to grants! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You cannot make global changes, and setup with Quickbooks is a bit tricky. However, customer support is amazing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk with Katie and Samantha with Charity Proud, they are a GREAT resource! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having a training manual. We created one for our organization, however, ChairtyProud itself does not provide one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Samantha Shirley of Charityproud

Thank you for the wonderful note of support! We do have a Support Index with documentation, videos and webinars on the Home Dashboard. Please contact your Client Account Manager if they can be of further assistance.

Membership & Technology Associate
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Some of the best features are in the new membership module released in Spring of 2018. The membership page integrated on our website has improved formatting over the regular donation pages, allowing us to describe the various membership benefits and levels in greater detail while displaying that information in an easy-to-read way. I particularly love that online memberships are not only imported into CharityProud as gifts but also generate a membership record. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the reporting capabilities, especially the way reports are formatted. We often have to manually manipulate the reports in excel to grab the data we actually need because we can't set up how the report is formatted when we export it. The criteria for reports is also tricky to figure out, and the ways certain fields play together is not immediately obvious. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

-Good for tracking event info, especially if you want to see who attended events in the past

- Great for membership retention and engagement

- If your organization uses a lot of reports, take time to learn all the various ways you can run reports first and spell out exactly what criteria you need to run reports in the demo to make sure the platform can work for you Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engaging with members was tedious and time-consuming with our old CRM platform, but with CharityProud I can send out emails or letters in an hour or less when before it would take me half a day or more. As a result, we have been able to regain some of our members and bring in new ones with the streamlined sign-up page on our website. Members and donors are now acknowledged within a reasonable time-frame of their gift because thanking constituents for their gifts is no longer a chore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Administrator
Alternative Medicine
What do you like best?

We love how easy it is to use and how helpful the Charityproud team is! Whenever we have issues, Katie gets back to us asap and explains the issues thoroughly to get us on the right track. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There a few functions in some of the event planning and campaign sections that seems a bit trickier than they should be. For instance, importing guest lists and manually tracking RSVPs. It's doable but there are more clicks than seems necessary. Just minor details as the system's functionality is great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a small nonprofit, we needed something easy to use and nothing too expensive for our budget. If you are a start up or small organization, this is the way to go. We love that Charityproud is ready and willing to grow with us as we grow! It's more than business transaction with them, it's a partnership! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before we started using Charityproud, we were manually tracking donations and follow up through an excel spreadsheet. I was gifted with our data and knew we needed a much better system to organize, track and automatically build reports. Having all of our information stored in one place and usable anytime or anyplace, has made fundraising and event planning much more enjoyable, less stressful and created such peace for our team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Charityproud helped us consolidate our "scattered" information and improved our accessibility to donor history. Other things:

1. Samanatha was completely on top of things in the evaluation process. Never missed a scheduled call. Always was aware of our questions.

2. Customer service has been great with our rep Katie.

3. Tutorials within the platform on nearly every page. When that gets too much (from reading all day), I call or email and Katie or someone else gets right back to us.

4. End of year was historically "crazy making" but Charityproud has made our tax receipt notification process amazingly easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing. If I thought really hard, I could probably find something, but there is nothing that comes to mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have nothing but great things to say. For a non-profit, I think they are one of the best, if not the best for donor tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking donor history and the mail merge features have allowed for a very smooth process with end-of-year and tax receipts. It has made a huge difference in our "sanity." I have called it a "sanity saver" for good reason. It has been remarkable in how it has saved time at a critical season of the year for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director of Community Engagement
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

CharityProud does a lot for us, with a short learning curve for all of our users, but I also have great customer service when questions come up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system has been built to handle diverse donor management functions - campaigns, donation processing, events, volunteer management, grants, but lags slightly on more complex reporting and dashboarding required for focused major donor prospecting and cultivation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definite advantage of price, learning curve and admin ease for a small shop. Some functions, like peer fundraising, volunteer and grant management, you don't need to use but it's great to know that you CAN use them. If you're requiring a lot of complex reporting and have a good budget, you might look at other options, otherwise, this product will probably help your efficiency and beat most other prices for the functionality and synching capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CP allows us to handle a wider range of functions through the same portal, reducing data entry and manual errors, including synching with accounting software (Quickbooks Online), email marketing (MailChimp) and payment processing. Our overhead for additional software is also reduced since it handles much, including peer-peer fundraising, that we'd otherwise pay additional 3+% for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

"Best" suggests a single thing, but there are many. Customer service and ease of use are the two (not one) things I like best. Having used other CRM software, I have something to compare to Charityproud. When I come across an issue which I think software I previously used handles more efficiently, or ways I think Charityproud can be improved, our account representative is willing to listen to our suggestions. Sometimes the suggestions are particular to our situation and changes are not justified, but other times our suggestions are received and implemented in a very timely fashion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like greater flexibility for our Webmaster to adjust things that suit our needs better. One additional thing which I think increases the workload of our account representative is the lack of online tutorials. Not all of us (me included) is astute as others in figuring out the answer to what might be simple issues. Online tutorials, hosted by Charityproud, Youtube, Vimeo, or some similar platform could be very useful to us neophytes. Our account representative is always gracious and timely in responding to our questions, but having another way to get answers would be a very good thing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Data conversion is always a beating, but if you are not achieving what you want to achieve with the software you are currently using, you owe it to yourself to at least look at Charityproud. There will be an adjustment period, but once you are used to the functionalities of Charityproud, I believe you will find it very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The greatest benefit has been the ease of use of Charityproud when compared to other CRM software we have used. Because our staff is quite small, we have to be able to cross train and Charityproud makes the fundraising and record keeping part of our operation easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Customer service is outstanding. Training and the adding of options and updates as we need additional features to make the platform work efficiently for us is a real bonus. Response time for help is quick. Explanations are helpful and personnel are knowledgeable and friendly. Webinars are structured based on customer requests. I believe this company works hard to hear what customers say and want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The response is timely when I have a problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Share the features you would like to be added as you determine what would make your job easier. The Charityproud team is very accommodating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Links our volunteers and donors in one place. Allows us to filter for fundraising and communications. Saves time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

The Charityproud team is very easy to work with, and responsive to our questions and requests immediately. The listen to their customer, understand their needs. Charityproud has provided a lot of customization and updates per our request to meet our specific needs since we adopted the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

not much. We are in the process of implement volunteer portal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We hired a professional consultant to help us compare several similar products, and chose Charityproud based on recommendations. They were the best in our research, and they continued to prove that during the time we’ve used the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a system that could be cloud-based, so we can have multiple users to access and update database simultaneously. Because we have a lot of online donation, Charityproud makes our online donation so effective, it automatically capture constituents and donation information, we just need a few clicks to process online donation, and it reduce dramatically our data entry time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Charityproud is powerful and easy to use. I love the touchpoints feature which allows our team to enter information about donor touches. We can easily stay informed about the ways in which we are interacting with our donors. The report feature is easy to use and support is fantastic (thanks Katie!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike at this point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving problems related to fundraising and donor management. Some of the benefits we have realized include: being able to have multiple team members access the same information, easy imports from our peer to peer fundraising platforms, and easy reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communications/Development/Marketing Coordinator
Defense & Space
What do you like best?

Charity Proud completely meets our needs as a non-profit with no prior history of using a CRM. In fact, we still aren't using all the features (like volunteer tracking) that we should be -- I'm looking forward to it. Our account person (Katie Norris) is super-smart, kind, helpful, and everything you'd want her to be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a single thing. I will say that I initially dismissed Charity Proud because it was less expensive than other CRMs. A second look proved to me that you can pack a lot of power and customer service into a small dollar amount sale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will not regret buying this software. Meets all of our needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a system that could gather, sort, and track our constituents (both businesses and individuals), contact them when needed, set up campaigns and events, and accept payments to our PayPal account. PLUS we needed it to be easy to use for a wide range of people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Samantha Shirley of Charityproud

I'm so glad to see that you're enjoying the platform, Tracey, and that Katie has been a great resource for you! Please let us know if you'd like some additional training on the volunteer piece when you're ready.

Program Coordinator
Fund-Raising
What do you like best?

The best customer service! If there is an application that we would like updated, modified or added Charityproud listens and works towards giving us the best function possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The layout looks a bit utilitarian. I wish it was a bit more aesthetically pleasing. That being said, the function and customer service far out way the utilitarian design. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At first it seems a little intimidating to learn but once you've run the applications a few times it's not a problem. If there is an application that you want but don't see as an option, ask! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are better able to track giving in all forms, track donors by affiliations and our schools love the mini campaign option. Not only has the program benefited our organization, it has also been an asset to our schools as the do online fundraising. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Samantha Shirley of Charityproud

JeAnna, I'm so thrilled to see how much the Mini Campaigns have taken off for your schools. We've even had some newer clients interested in using the platform in the way we collaborated on it with you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hopefully down the road we can spice up the layout for you.

Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Charityproud provides ways for our organization to track annual giving, manage special events, register volunteers, and so much more. The set up is easy and the technical assistance is top notch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes concerning Charityproud; I love it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Volunteer registration and tracking has been an issue for us and Charityproud has provided a solution to that problem. When choosing this software I had no idea that I would get so many additional tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Samantha Shirley of Charityproud

Teresa,

I'm so glad the volunteer tool has been a great resource for you! We have a couple of new features coming out in the near future that we'd be happy to turn on for you in advance if you'd like!

Samantha

Office Manager, Volunteer Coordinator
Civic & Social Organization
What do you like best?

Information that I need is displayed right on the dashboard; I appreciate that most recently accessed constituents, recent donations, and new transactions are readily available as soon as I log in! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's a lot to learn, trying to do so with several users over the phone and one contact was a little difficult and took us a lot longer than we expected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn as much as you can. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organization of donors, campaigns, volunteers and creating constituent relationships. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Samantha Shirley of Charityproud

Thank you for being one of our great power users, Angie! We appreciate your feedback and I'm happy to learn you love the dashboards!

Director of Development and Marketing
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Charity Proud is staffed with professionals that truly listen. They are problem solvers with an infinite amount of patience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am old school and would like to see a more formal user manual Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data management and mining. Using the data via reports to better qualify my current and future donors

Setting up peer to peer campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Samantha Shirley of Charityproud

Thank you for sharing your likes and dislikes, Philip. I'm looking forward to meeting you in person at this week's Lunch & Learn!

Director of Donor and Volunteer Engagement
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

CharityProud is able to capture all of our donor information in a more user friendly capability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike about CharityProud and if I do have any issues, they are right there to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At least have a conversation with Samantha Shirley at CharityProud to discuss what they can do for your organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

More user friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Samantha Shirley of Charityproud

Thank you for all of the hard work you put into helping us make Charityproud work for United Ways, Tracy! I saw UWL is playing a role in the Together SC Summit next spring and hope we'll be able to reconnect in person again then--if not sooner!

Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

The one on one training and ease of pulling reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

so far I like everything about charity proud Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

able to pull reports and do mailings so much easier Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Samantha Shirley of Charityproud

Jill, I'm so happy to hear that reporting has been a breeze for you. It's very important to us for that tool to be user-friendly. Thank you for sharing your review!

AN
What do you like best?

I like how we can receive payments for our fundraisers and capture the donor's demographics automatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a robust system and takes awhile to understand all its features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizing our donors into a reportable format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Samantha Shirley of Charityproud

I appreciate you sharing your comments! I know there are a lot of tools to get familiar with, but it sounds like you are definitely taking advantage of some of the most efficient functions of the platform--which is great!

If you would like to share your first name (or email me at samantha.shirley@charityproud.org) we would love to send you an additional acknowledgement to thank you for review.