Apptopia

3.0

Apptopia provides download data and usage statistics for applications in the iOS and Google Play app stores.

Work for Apptopia?

Learning about Apptopia?

Apptopia Reviews

Ask Apptopia a Question
Showing 5 Apptopia reviews
Apptopia review by Elizabeth G.
Elizabeth G.

"I use Apptopia (almost) everyday"

What do you like best?

I love that I can search for game publishers and see all their titles, release dates, and performance metrics. It's especially useful to see downloads by country, as it gives me insight into which games are likely in soft launch or region-specific.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to see when apps are featured, but nothing really comes to mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure of the cost, but from my limited experience, Apptopia seems to be quite a bit lighter than a service like App Annie, for example. I would assume it's less expensive. For my needs, Apptopia is perfect, but it really depends on your role and how granular you want to be on the data and performance side. You should do your own research and see which USP wins you over.

Apptopia is a huge help in tracking app release dates, updates, and performance, without needing to bug our customer for that information. A poorly performing app or slow rollout could indicate a risk to our business relationship with that developer/publisher, so it helps us be more proactive in servicing our clients.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Apptopia
Apptopia review by User

"SDK information lacks in many apps, out-of-date"

What do you like best?

It can get SDK information per apps,sometimes.

and has google chrome extention which makes it easy to access apptopia page.

What do you dislike?

App SDK data lacks in many app.

You can press "Request SDK information"button, without ANY UPDATE even after 7 days.

I usually have to send email ,typing every app link.

Then what's the point of "Request SDK button"?

There are chat service inside apptopia, in which nobody answers even if I send several times.

If you need support, you have to send email directly which makes no sense of chat services.

So, overall Apptopia does looks nice when you go to site,

they say "We can get a lot of app data" which is definately not true.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you expect Apptopia for getting SDK information, for now I don't recommend you.

Apptopia support says that will be improved,but they didn't give me information about when it will be.

Maybe just ask Apptopia to check if SDK feature is working, with showing this review.

When there are SDK information I can assume who is customer and who is not.

Also you can filter the revenue information and make reports

What Mobile App Analytics solution do you use?

Apptopia review by Megan A.
Megan A.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

My company focusses on apps that have high MAU usage as well as the SDKs they are currently using. We use this tool for all around insight into apps and their parent companies for prospecting purposes.

What do you dislike?

I wish that we could build reports based off of market size (SMB, MM, & ENT). Because Apptopia does not offer this we have to go back and forth between apptopia and linkedin to determine the market size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add a report building feature to filter by "App last updated" AND by market size. That would make the product worth much more in my opinion.

Apptopia has really decreased the amount of back and forth researching we do on a daily basis. We have been able to prospect much faster, with more accurate and quick information on hand.

Apptopia review by User in Internet

"Amazing BI tool for mobile industry"

What do you like best?

All the insides of any company involved in the mobile industry, SDK networks, mobile app developers, app store rankings and avg. revenue

What do you dislike?

Some information missing but you can make a request at any time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good BI tool, expensive but it might be worth it

Knowing activity in the mobile marketing industry, track top performing apps and industry insides

Apptopia review by User

"Totally Wrong Download Report to Crunchbase"

What do you like best?

Nothing at all. Your company must be more professional and avoid publishing inaccurate data

What do you dislike?

How can you publish a very simple public metric wrong

None

Learning about Apptopia?

* We monitor all Apptopia reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.