amCharts

amCharts Reviews

Ask amCharts a Question
Showing 5 amCharts reviews
ela s.

"Best bootstrapped Chart framework"

What do you like best?

I love their chart generator, you have a cool html example where you can specify if you are going to have a bar/pie/any other chart and it lets you put your own data or you can choose random values.

What do you dislike?

Pricing, I get that they need to maintain it but a free/Low-Cost version should be available for startups...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

in 5 minutes you can get a POC done with 4 charts which is amazing and you won't see that anywhere else.

We would use a 3rd side company (Sisnse) to do our charts and dashboards but that was limited, unstable and hard to maintain. Amcharts is the quick and dirty way to get things done without the dirty part great for PROD environments.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about amCharts
UA
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"FINALLY a map API I understand"

What do you like best?

Support online with multiple examples code examples. Easy to integrate with Angular.

What do you dislike?

The language on the support sites isn't the most beginner-friendly, so it took me a while to understand (I'm fairly new to web dev). But I did eventually figure it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a try! You'll definitely want a working knowledge of Javascript or Typescript (whichever you're using), but you don't need to be an expert (For reference, I'm a student who has never used Javascript outside of Hackathons and class projects, and I was able to implement amCharts relatively easily). Pairs well with AngularJS.

I am creating a website for LGBT+ people in countries where homosexuality is illegal, punishable by imprisonment or even death. One of my first features was to create an interactive map that shows what homosexuality laws are present in a given country. amCharts allowed me to create an interactive map relatively easily (much easier than any alternative I've found). Once I was able to render the map, it was easy to update the data and design of the map.

What Data Visualization solution do you use?

Amine L.

"One of the best Javascript charting frameworks"

What do you like best?

AmCharts is outstanding by its simplicity to use. You import it, configure the options, put your data, and *ba dum tss* you have your magical graph out there standing proudly on the web page. I also really like the design choices they made. It is beautiful and pleasing to the users' eyes. Also, the charts available are really nice and diverse.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that I didn't like, is that there was no vertical zoom on the line charts, as I needed that functionality in my application. Also, it is not very performant when you throw at it a huge amount of data points, which make it behind some of other charting frameworks out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to plot a huge amount of data, amCharts may lack the needed performance to do that. Otherwise, it is a good option to consider.

I needed a charting framework that can show historic data from IoT sensors. AmCharts managed very well the data in the tile-value format and performed well in most cases. Its beautiful design make it less work on the css part which was nice.

"Easy and Efficient"

What do you like best?

Sample code and documentation makes it easy to implement. Additionally, the methods of implementation are similar across the different types of charts, making it easy to implement

What do you dislike?

Really nothing much. Some fields to generate charts are repetitive, but sometimes that's just how it goes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely utilize the documentation and example projects. Very thorough and helpful.

Creating interactive maps with an easy to use API. Compared with other options I've tried, this was much easier to use while allowing flexibility.

André M.

"Beautiful"

What do you like best?

One word: beautiful. Their charts are simple and beautiful. The animations are there to make everything smooth but at the same time they are not heavy on the visuals. Their maps are the most beautiful I have seen from the libraries available. Really well done!

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately the free version leaves a link back to their page. If you need only a couple of charts in a commercial website, the license is a bit pricey (and there are some free libraries that would do the same, although not so beautifully).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are using for own projects give it a try, the branding won't bother you. But if you are doing something public and commercial, maybe their branding-free won't fit your budget.

I used amCharts for some real-time data visualization of user behaviour in my application.

Learning about amCharts?

* We monitor all amCharts reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.