Ahrefs Reviews & Product Details

What is Ahrefs?

Ahrefs is a set of SEO tools that can help you in almost every aspect of content marketing. Ahrefs takes care of: - Competitor research: unveil your competitor's organic keywords, backlink strategies and PPC keywords - Link Building: find the strongest backlink opportunities in your niche - Keyword Research: get maximum relevant keyword ideas and see how hard it would be to rank - Content Research: discover the most popular content on any topic and find the best ideas for your own content - Rank Tracking: track your search rankings along with your competitors' - Mentions Monitoring: get email alerts every time you or your brand in mentioned online - Website Audit: find what SEO issues your website has and learn how to fix them. Ahrefs database has 7 billion keywords and 187 billion indexed pages. That is why Ahrefs is able to provide maximum data and accuracy to its users.

Ahrefs Screenshots

Ahrefs Profile Details

Ahrefs Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
Ahrefs

51-75 of 168 total Ahrefs reviews

Ahrefs Reviews

51-75 of 168 total Ahrefs reviews
Search Engine Optimization Specialist

"I don’t know how anyone in digital marketing does it without Ahrefs"

What do you like best?

The features of Ahrefs are practically endless. It’s one of the few softwares I truly use each and everyday and it’s so incredibly easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Some of the buttons/ fields are not the easiest to follow and the side bar could have different labels. Always forget where certain things are hidden

One of the best features I use is the backlink profile. I always see who my competitors are linking too and what is a popular topic to discuss.

CTO / CSO

"Once an industry leader, now using backhand techniques to rip off loyal users."

What do you like best?

Their search data and models are super accurate for identifying real world consequences of link building. Very high accuracy on a number of terms.

What do you dislike?

They've gutted their rank tracking system. Legacy customers who have been with the company for years were reduced from updates every day to updates every FIVE days. Unusable anymore. I may completely leave their platform and I will never recommend the service to anyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look to SEMrush or Moz.com. Ahrefs has become low quality.

We WERE previously using ranktracking and analysis tools to effectively measure campaigns and identifying which experiments were working and not, but the platform is now useless for this.

Founder & SEO

"Ahrefs quickly replaced Moz and Open Site Explorer"

What do you like best?

What can you say about a tool that so intuitively reaches into the depths of the internet to show you every link, every share, and every tweet pointing to the site you are researching. I always joke that you can't hide something from an SEO and it's these tools that make that possible.

Can't say enough nice things about Ahrefs, it quickly became our one stop tool.

What do you dislike?

I wish when you went to the Ahrefs homepage that it let you do the Site Explorer thing instead of trying to get you to setup one of their campaigns, I usually just want to glance at the data quickly, and having to click over to explorer is just one extra step - that is a nitpick, but it's something I deal with on every use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just get it - it's a slam dunk, it's easy and you'll have more data than you'll ever use.

It gives us access to the data we need to quickly figure out how much competition a competitor has for our clients, and compare that to find out how much work we'll have to do and how much time we'll have to spend on the clients site/backlinks.

Founder

"A completely necessary tool for an SEO professional"

What do you like best?

The Domain Health overview is fantastic for finding out if a website has toxic links in its profile. Ahrefs also has many features that go well beyond just links -- a list of critical issues such as missing or duplicate meta tags, broken internal links, and broken back links.

What do you dislike?

There's seriously not much to dislike, but the rank tracking functionality is pretty decent -- I like the fact that it has keyword suggestions with search volume and traffic, however, once you try to add the keywords to the tracker, I had it error out a couple of times and had to re-do my selections.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it for at least three months. It takes continual use to discovering the best features the product has to offer.

Ahrefs is one of the first tools I use to asses a new or potential client. If they have low-quality back links, this tool with tell me. I can then schedule link detox as one of the first parts of the strategy.

Marketer

"Ahrefs is the best. Definitely recommend!"

What do you like best?

The whole system helps us a lot to improve and track our SEO efforts.

What do you dislike?

I'm missing some tool for technical SEO settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely recommend. The best tool to improve your SEO.

Checking competitors, their backlink profile, best pages. Tracking our SEO improvement, making keyword analysis. Helps us in partnerships.

"My go-to SEO tool"

What do you like best?

It's hard to pinpoint one specific thing that I like about Ahrefs. I mean not only does the product do a deep dive into everything SEO, but the blog is one of the most educational blogs out there.

What do you dislike?

It's not cheap, and the amount of features of the cheapest level is pretty restricted. The real power of the platform opened up to me when I upgraded and got more features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a newbie to SEO, Ahrefs can not only help you, but also educate you. Do consider getting more than just the cheapest plan, as it gives you access to much more features that a lot of your competitors may forget.

Everything SEO. Ahrefs tells us what keywords we rank for, where they rank, and a huge amount of information about backlinks and referring domains. It's helped us grow organic traffic and create the content funnel that turns into sales.

SEO Manager

"The best link building tool in the market"

What do you like best?

Ahrefs is the best link building tool in the market. I really like it. I have tested many tools but none gets closer to the amount of accurate data Ahrefs provides.

Their system is really quick to pick new links gained as well as links from 301 redirects. Combining Ahrefs data with Google Webmasters Tools is the best way to do a proper link audit.

The way they present the data is easy to digest and the most important part; you can export pretty much anything from it.

Besides the links, Ahrefs also provide useful information about the social media presence.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Ahrefs does not show new links right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very good link audit tool. Probably the best.

Ahrefs is the main tool I use for link audit for my clients. It gives all the information I need to make a decision if I should drop a link and also if I should make a move and try to get one of the competitors links.

Team Leader - Digital Marketing

"Must have tool for Digital Marketers"

What do you like best?

Backlinks tools. We can get thousands of backlinks to your project or other projects.

What do you dislike?

Their pricing is a little higher than the competitors but you can definitely get what you pay for.

This tool can do everything you need to checkout your situation with SEO and PPC for your project and also give an analysis for competitor's projects.

Developer

"Best For Tracking Keyword and backlink"

What do you like best?

Easy to track organic keyword and competitor back-link. Site audit and content planning can easily done using Ahrefs.

What do you dislike?

If you want track more organic keyword than you need to upgrade your pack,which is costly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I do.

using Ahref, I can easily track my website organic keyword and ranking in google and also analysis my competitor back-link.

"Best Tool for Competitors Analysis"

What do you like best?

I am impressed the way it help in Keyword analysis and Competitors backlinks.

What do you dislike?

i feel very frustrated when i want number of competitor site result, but message come that you have cross the limit of search thats not fair.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't waste your time to search for more tools. stop your search here only and improve your website ranking and traffic through this tool and boost your business online.

In one word. "RANKING" of website. Benefit i got is excellent lead generation for client.

Digital Strategy Manager

"Love the features - especially new/lost referring domains"

What do you like best?

I like the new/lost domains and links. I use the lost links and domains report to follow up with prospects in hopes to renew the link on the site. 9/10 times this works to re-acquire a decent link back to my client's sites.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to send alerts for lost links in real time. I also feel that the link intersect could be a bit more detailed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent go-to source for link data. Use in conjunction with Majestic and Search Console, and you're set.

Re-upping lost links, link building, potential content ideas for new pieces in the pipeline.

SEO - Network Administrator - Programmer - Web Designer - owner
Graphic Design

"Great Product for Link Analisys but Pricey"

What do you like best?

ahrefs does a great job of showing both social and backlinks. You can get a free trial and a few limited features work on the free plan.

Only the free plan you can only see the top 5 links on a single site but you can still see the summary of your links - domain health, URL rating, backlinks, referring domains, organic keywords, and ip. You can drill down into all these.

You can track 5 keywords and get a ranking report every week.

The full blown version offers much more

What do you dislike?

ahrefs is pricier at $99/month than Majestic's Silver Quarterly Plan ($50/month - regular price is $79/month) and about the same as Moz Pro ($99/month) . They know they are good so no budget prices fro them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if you can afford a link analysis tool, you must consider ahrefs.

Like all SEO companies we strive to get links for our clients' websites and ourselves.

If we had the budget we would definitely want a subscription to ahrefs as well as Majestic, Moz Pro, and Buzzsumo to name a few. Since we are not a big company with deep pockets we try to get as much as possible out of teh free versions of the tools.

"Absolute game changer on the market"

What do you like best?

As a relatively newbie to marketing industry i quickly got aquainted with the interface and abilities of this great service. It realy gives a feeling of a product made for user not for market. Great blog with usefull reviews and advices.

What do you dislike?

The information provided in this service is slightly different from what you see in google search console, but the service is regularly updated and becomes more and more functional

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Even if you find something cheaper I would still recomend you to try this one out. You'll change your mind!

I'm using this service to build up my marketing strategy, monitor progress and research on competitors activity.

Co-Founder
Insurance

"Best Product For Building Links"

What do you like best?

I love that you can track hundreds of keywords with their most basic plan. You have the ability to learn what's working and create new systems with their product.

What do you dislike?

I wish more options were available for the basic plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get this product first

Growing my domain authority and obtaining linkbacks. I have been able to find opportunities for new links that most people pass up.

Chief Sales and Marketing Officer

"Ahrefs is one of the finest keyword analysis tools that we have ever used "

What do you like best?

The way Ahrefs categorises and offers the results based on keywords and funnels chosen is simply great and amazingly useful

What do you dislike?

The interface could be a little more user friendly and intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your choice is for a tool that lets you analyse and optimise keywords, look no further.

We are optimising on our SEO and at the same time regularising our SEM spends based on everyday keyword analysis vis-à-vis competition.

Associate Partner | iZooto

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Apart from letting you keep a track on almost all the metrics that impacts website SEO, it allows me to set alerts for backlinks (new and lost), referring domains, product mentions and of course the keyword performance.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had the ability to label keywords that are being tracked. When you have multiple content strategies running as the same time, the keyword labels (and label groups in general) let you keep clear on what's working.

Giving insights regarding our website SEO and in fact our competitor's SEO, it is helping us in setting some realistic goals.

Director of SEO / SEM

"Easy to Track lots of Keywords plus tools"

What do you like best?

The easy interface for tracking many keywords, as I didn't have minimums.

What do you dislike?

The graphs seem to be the inverse of what you'd expect the y-axis to be. So, as a rank improves, the graph goes down instead of up

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Carefully consider any keyword tracking limits and set up lists to group your keywords. We didn't have any keyword limits, so this software was a great tool for both historical rankings as well as a good backup in case other enterprise software hiccuped.

Tracking our rankings, plus other useful tools. Knowing which keywords and page combinations are working best and resulting in better traffic.

Head Products (e-commerce)
Retail

"Great tool and great customer support"

What do you like best?

Ahrefs is a robust platform with all kinds of datum you may need. I got to them through a blog-post which detailed "keyword research". I liked the details and tried a weekly subscription. It is fairly simple on UI. Also, their customer success team rocks. refunded some extra charges made by mistake straightaway..no questions asked..ill keep buying

What do you dislike?

That there are 2-3 competing products and I shall have to be spoilt for choices..for now its Ahrefs conclusively though..:)

keywords research, SERP analysis, backlink analysis, SEO generally

Publishing Outreach
Internet

"Useful, but site is incredibly slow"

What do you like best?

This site offers a lot when it comes to SEO. It's like a one stop shop for finding great keywords and backlinks.

What do you dislike?

The site is SO slow. It makes my work take twice as long to complete.

It helps my company complete all we need to do in one location.

Director of Engineering
Research

"A lite-weight tool for technical SEO monitoring analytics "

What do you like best?

When we were just beginning to make SEO analytics part of our weekly content meeting, Ahref was a fast informative tool. The keyword watching process was quick and meaningful. The alerts and reports lists are easy to export and send to the team for repairs. We've kept on using it for its backlink report, even after primarily switching to other tools

What do you dislike?

The reporting tools felt lightweight even when we started. Graphical comparisons of competitors can't be done, and overall the app doesn't feel like an operational dashboard. Also, there lo long-timescale for data trends. You can only see the most recent change. That just doesn't compare with tools like SEM Rush. Another feature that really felt missing was the ability to label keywords we are watching. This simple addition let's you switch 'views' of your site's data. When you have multiple content strategies running as the same time, the keyword labels (and label groups in general) let you keep clear on what's working.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If SEO analytics seems overwhelming to you, start with this tool.

We have a large content development operation, for which we need to monitor the performance of various strategies. This is for news, reviews, advice, and related information about financial products.

(10,001+ employees)

"Nice SEO tool"

What do you like best?

This tool is super helpful in finding organic data by domain, URL or keyword. It is great that you can find backlink data, keyword research and so much more all in one platform.

What do you dislike?

I do think that there is a lot going on in the platform so it does take a little bit to get used to. Everything the tool has is great but it can be overwhelming.

Keyword research and competitive data.

SEO Consultant

"Taking link data further"

What do you like best?

In depth link data available alongside historical organic ranking data and keyword research tools. It's pretty easy to get the job done here without jumping to another tool for something.

What do you dislike?

The reporting capabilities are a little lacking in shareable reporting - you can export CSV data all day, but I really would like many of the dashboard reprots to be a sharable URL...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider this over SEMrush, it's got as much data for kw research and blows their link data out of the water while also providing actual position tracking too.

I'm finding opportunities to build search rankings by identifying how their link profile has been weak, and analyzing competitors to find new link opportunities.

"Track backlinks easily"

What do you like best?

You can easily keep track of sites that have linked to your content and drill down to the specific URL where your link appears. You can also see when those links appeared and how authoritative each one is.

What do you dislike?

The organic and paid search estimators are inaccurate. The position heatmap is designed to give you an overview of rankings, but is nearly impossible to discern since it's a blur of colors.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ahrefs' core competency is measuring quantity and quality of backlinks. Do not use this tool if you're looking for it to work for rank traffic, traffic estimating, or competitor insights.

We want to see how well our content promotion efforts are working. By using ahrefs we can prove our value to clients by showing who is picking up our content and linking.

AI

"Ahrefs is everything."

What do you like best?

I love the freedom that I get with Ahrefs. I can use data to come up with my own SEO strategy, having very little SEO experience. I also love the Ahrefs community. Their Facebook group is AWESOME and Tim Soulo answers every question that anyone has. Support and communication is excellent, and the tools is always getting new features. I am a loyal Ahrefs user.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I honestly love everything about this company and tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely take advantage of the free trial. You'll see just how much data is at your fingertips.

SEO, SEM, content building/writing, link building, keyword optimization.

Sales and Marketing Manager
Renewables & Environment

"Ahrefs: The SEO Profile Mecca"

What do you like best?

Ahrefs provides the best graphically-pleasing trends. It makes a high-level snapshot easy to absorb and quickly helps the user determine site history. It's also great for sending quick analyses to execs when you don't have the time to compile a more robust audit.

What do you dislike?

As with any backlink reports, I have found some inconsistency in link numbers. Ahrefs tends to be fairly consistent, but I always double-check with other sources.

That being said, I typically rely on the Ahrefs linking domains (instead of referring links #s) profile since that has more business use for me.

When acquiring new sites and initiating competitor research, I ALWAYS look to Ahrefs for a quick analysis. It makes my life as an SEO Analyst much easier and helps me determine when if/when social (top content) starts playing into site rankings.

Ahrefs Features