RedNotebook

RedNotebook is a software that format, tag and search entries and add pictures, links and customizable templates, spell check notes, and export to plain text, HTML, Latex or PDF.

Work for RedNotebook?

Learning about RedNotebook?

RedNotebook Reviews

Showing 16 RedNotebook reviews
RedNotebook review by Maria Francia G.
Maria Francia G.

" REDNOTEBOOK: The most practical digital diary of the 21st century."

What do you like best?

There are so many things I could say that I like Rednotebook, I start by saying that one of the applications to make notes in the easiest and simplest way. It is so easy to use that it is enough to choose one day of the calendar to start placing our notes and records so we do not forget anything to do in our day. Everything happens in an organized way and we have the option to personalize our notes by editing the type of letter, inserting images, links, files.

What do you dislike?

One of the disadvantages that I find this software is that it does not have the option to protect the passwords of the users, which could be inconvenient since anyone could review our notes. And another debit is that it is not synchronized with the internet, which allows limited access to be able to enter only from my computer because they do not have a version for android and ios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this wonderful tool because it allows you to organize your ideas, your plans, in itself, it will organize you to life. If you are a distracted, busy or very forgetful person, this software is ideal for you. Every time I can I use it in my work to keep track of everything in the office so I do not forget anything. It is very simple, practical and organized

I use Rednotebook for everything from a reminder to make an important call in my work to not forget what time I should take my medication. It is a very versatile and complete application that has helped me to lead my personal and work life in an organized and planned way.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about RedNotebook
RedNotebook review by Mayra Alejandra B.
Mayra Alejandra B.

"¡A diary to make notes using the calendar!"

What do you like best?

It is a diary that I like a lot because I can take notes of my daily activities and the calendar that it has incorporated helps me to plan my schedule by days, weekly or monthly. Once downloaded to the computer, it is very easy to use. Everything I write will be saved automatically. I can close the program and re-enter and my data will be saved in a file. It also gives me the option to export from my calendar to plain text, PDF, HTML or Latex. There is no loss of data because it makes a backup. I can delete my files whenever I want.

What do you dislike?

What I do not know is that the application and the graphics are very simple and, despite being very light, it takes time when I need them. Its function is not so fast. For the rest, it is very useful because it allows me to save my information for days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rednotebook is a journal for personal use. For many, they will not have the most powerful and current applications, but for me they have what I need. I find it very useful and easy to use, that's why I like it. It is a program that shows me its function when opening it. My digital record book.

It allows me to save the information safely and with complete confidence. I make my daily notes, I plan my activities and when I want to see them, I have them in Rednotebook. You just have to install it on your computer, it's very easy and free. It has its version for Windows and Linux.

That I select by day what I want to write. Excellent for planning my classes, meetings with my colleagues and even my personal things. My notes of what I want to do, using the lyrics that I like. It serves me as a daily reminder. Also, it helps me save my information reliably and securely. The other thing that I should mention, is his particular way of writing text that is with asterics and oblique lines. I find it fun, they distract me and they become novel for me.

What Note-Taking Management solution do you use?

RedNotebook review by Orlando Rafael O.
Orlando Rafael O.

"Rednotebook: your personal and private daily record to organize your life "

What do you like best?

.There are many virtues that I like about this application, I will start by saying that it allows me to keep a diary or personal virtual or private graphic agenda of my ideas, daily events, plans, projects, appointments or meetings, which I can enrich by adding images, personal notes , links of pages, as well as placing templates at my convenience, showing the information requested immediately. No doubt that your live search and its automatic saving, are potentialities of this application, as well as the possibility of making compressed backups.

What do you dislike?

I think it is a great weakness, which does not have compatibility via the internet with other devices, limiting access to this application from other devices and confining myself to the exclusive use of my computer. Also sometimes the handling of images tends to be difficult, so these weaknesses must be overcome in order to enhance the application

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it because it is a very practical application, with which I can design my private personal and work schedule, allowing me to organize my personal and work life, to plan the activities and enrich them with images, files, links of pages, as well as the use of templates according to my convenience, organizing the information by categories, facilitating and simplifying the execution of the tasks that I develop, which makes you be confident to have a tool that supports the activities you do.

No doubt that the versatility that rednotebook offers me in the making of a virtual daily agenda, has allowed me to organize my personal and work life, to be able to count on a tool that helps me to plan in these two important areas and to support me in my activities, since it allows me to obtain the required information quickly, making it possible to handle myself adequately, safely and pertinently

RedNotebook review by Christina S.
Christina S.

"Great idea, but better softwares are available"

What do you like best?

I like the functionality of the program, the fact that it is a free sotfware, I like the connectivity it has across platforms and how versatile it is in terms of revisions, sharing, and good templates. I like the portable version and that it can connect to google drive.

What do you dislike?

The design of the program and portable version should be better. I would like to see a mobile version of the program to increase connectivity across devices. I think there are softwares from other companies (perhaps more popular) like onenote, google keep, etc that can sync better with other platforms, specially online and with images. Running the program for the first time can be confusing and there is not a lot of help to navigate the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about functionality and how expert is the user going to be, as well as what needs are being fulfilled, because it is not an easy software to work with although it can work out in the end as it is free and easy to share.

I am trying to have my students journal about the books we are reading in class and I have seen that they are confused by the software at first, but then find it interesting to add all kinds of features.

RedNotebook review by Cesar C.
Cesar C.

"control my daily activities"

What do you like best?

I really like the way I can control my day to day with this tool besides that it is very simple to use it has features like creating my own template for my daily notes, I can schedule my things and I save it as a txt file , to upload it and see it from the google cloud, I can color the text in bold among others.

What do you dislike?

there are some details that need to be improved, for example, dragging and dropping the images to embed them is an option that would be fantastic to apply in this powerful software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this tool to record your daily activities, with simple annotations, I invite my colleagues engineers to use it.

I use it to write down all my daily activities, almost taking everything I do as a blog to keep track of my notes and then analyze them and see how I organize my time even more.

RedNotebook review by Chela T.
Chela T.

"Simple and Very Personal Diary Application"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of Red Notebook. It is like Notepad and Evernote combined. I like the fact that it is lightweight, simple and easy to use journal software for my day to day activities. I like that the files are offline. I am anxious to use cloud-based and online journal tools. So I simply sync my .txt files via dropbox across my devices to access them anytime. I like that you can annotate your texts add bold, italicize words and even attach the date and time you entered them. And you can even preview your entry via your browser. Highly convenient for a simple tool.

What do you dislike?

Simplicity wise, I think it is very simple. Too simple to the extent that first-time users can not tell the difference between a notepad and a diary app. There was no learning curve for me, but maybe they can highlight more the add entry, rather than have it under Journal menu.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend people anxious using sophisticated cloud-based and online-based journal tool. It is open source, so you can install it on your own server or use it as is as standalone windows application for your offline journal entries.

I use Red Notebook for my personal day to day entries, most especially medical stuff to remind me of what medicines I have taken, what I have eaten, physical activities, on top of my work agenda. Each file is separate .txt file, so quite handy to organize and differentiate which is which.

RedNotebook review by Princess P.
Princess P.

"Like Notepad with Agenda"

What do you like best?

I like that it has built-in calendar so you can check your daily activities the moment you write down your notes or agenda for the day. I also like how nice and simple it is. It is very lightweight and very easy to use. No training needed, I like the fact that it can be deployed to your team easily because there is no learning curve. The dashboard bears a very familiar notepad look, so everyone got the hook of it easily.

What do you dislike?

If you have an existing note taking app or a notepad application or a scheduling app, I am not sure why or where you would use RedNote for. The overly-simplified application is too simple to solve an additional existing problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think they have a great product, they just need to keep up with current developments and improve they roadmap to further their market reach and solve as many problems as possible. I would be an avid user if they would be actively improving their product, which as of the moment is stalled.

Simple, lightweight and easy to use. No questions asked it goes straight out of the box. And probably its best feature is its worst, because people already use existing note-taking applications that are way more powerful, and I am not sure where RedNote wants to place itself in the market. The nondestructive user interface is something that they can boast and a business problem that they solved.

RedNotebook review by Carl G.
Carl G.

"Helpful stand-alone note-taking app"

What do you like best?

I like RedNotebook's feature wherein you can check and view your notes in your browser. I also like best its calendar feature where you can sync it with your day to day activities. I like how minimalistic the approach is. No two journals are shown simultaneously, you write your journals for the day and save them to your calendar as is. Which is nice, because it looks clean and simple not to get distracted.

What do you dislike?

They probably need to add the drag and drop feature of the images and files, instead of the native window-open uploader. I write down my journals fast, and I usually copy relevant images from my colleagues, and it would be nice if I can readily copy and paste or at least drag and drop image and media files on to my notes. Though the program itself is quite light, taking only 0.3% of my RAM when it is running, it is unusually crashing. An autosave would be nice if such cases are unavoidable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Despite of its flaws, I still think that Rednotebook is heading the right direction and has a bright future ahead of them. The concept of their software is solid, and it solves a particular problem. It just needs to be refined.

I write day to day activities and logs of my projects and I like that it is distraction-free and syncs immediately to my calendar. I can also create my templates of my journals, so I can follow strict flow of thought and entries when writing them. Very helpful when you need to produce such journals and present them as an EOD or End-of-Day report for the higher ops.

RedNotebook review by Liley A.
Liley A.

"It is a useful tool for daily annotations at work and for personal life."

What do you like best?

I like it because I use it as my electronic journal that allows me to write daily tasks and planning by day, by date and by month. I can insert images or files that I need according to the work plan or my personal things.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that it has a very simple graphic interface in view, so it should be more modern and animated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a useful tool at work and for personal life because it allows you to keep a diary, where once a day, write what you have done or what has happened, all the events you must do, write it down. It is a diary that will allow you to manage and locate everything you need, that is, what you have written as a relevant event. It is very easy to use, it uses a Markdown or ReText type writing system. You can download it without complexity and totally free.

This program is used to store email addresses, to have it as a small electronic screen on the desktop computer or notebook for annotations of events and activities per day and month that are performed and those that have been given per day. . . It is used as a record of what you have done or what has happened, or even when something relevant happens, write it down. With Rednotebook you can insert images, files and relate other pages. It also automatically recognizes the links. For the writings, the text can be formatted with cursive letters, underlined, in bold. It seems great that it also allows you to make a backup copy and export the diary to PDF, HTML, Latex, etc. Everything you do in RedNotebook will be saved automatically. And all the information is like in a file, there is no need to worry.

RedNotebook review by JUAN JOSE G.
JUAN JOSE G.

"EXCELENTE SOFTWARE DE ORGANIZACION DE TEXTOS POR FECHA"

What do you like best?

EL ECHO DE SER CÓDIGO ABIERTO Y GRATIS ES UN EXCELENTE PUNTO A TENER EN CUENTA AL MOMENTO DE USAR. ASÍ COMO LA FACILIDAD DE USO DEL SOFTWARE Y LAS NUEVAS CARACTERÍSTICAS QUE SE HAN IMPLEMENTADO COMO LA CAPACIDAD DE CORRECCIÓN ORTOGRÁFICA PARA DARLE MEJOR PRESENTACIÓN HA LOS TEXTOS DENTRO DEL DIARIO.

OTRO PUNTO A TOMAR EN CUENTA LAS CAPACIDAD DE USAR ALMOHADILLAS PARA PODER ORGANIZAR ALGUNAS PALABRAS CLAVE ASÍ COMO LA CAPACIDAD DE EXPORTAR A PDF O HTML SIN PROBLEMAS.

What do you dislike?

LA FALTA DE PLANTILLAS PARA PODER UNA MEJOR PRESENTACIÓN DEL DIARIO LA FALTA DE SOPORTE A MAC ES UNO DE LOS POCOS FALLOS EN ESTE SOFTWARE

Recommendations to others considering the product

EXCELENTE SOFTWARE PARA TODO AQUEL QUE DESEE UN SOFTWARE PRACTICO Y SENCILLO PARA LA REALIZACIÓN DE UN DIARIO

EN LA EMPRESA NOS AYUDA A ORGANIZAR LOS PROYECTOS DE FORMA MAS EFICIENTE YA QUE TE OFRECE LA ORGANIZACION POR FECHAS LO CUAL ES MUY COMODO- ASI COMO LA POCA CAPACIDAD ESPACIO EN DISCO QUE OCUPA

RedNotebook review by Rana K.
Rana K.

"Easy to use, easy way to get organized"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the feature of being able to export to PDF which is what I often do with work documents. I also enjoy the automatic saving feature as I often forget to save work and lose it as a result.

What do you dislike?

I feel like I have to constantly update the program in order to access all the features. I would prefer to have to update the software once a year or so but I feel I am updating at least every 2-3 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use for those who are not technologically inapt. However, needs constant updating. Support staff not always helpful.

I use it to type up work documents and then export them into PDF files so I can e-mail them to colleagues. I also use it to conveniently translate my text into various languages as I work in a multi-lingual environment and want to ensure my translations are accurate.

RedNotebook review by Greismar R.
Greismar R.

"The fastest and lightest digital personal diary"

What do you like best?

Excellent tool to write notes, this program offers us the possibility to cross dates with notes and labels. This is why it became very useful to develop strategies by associating notes with a calendar.

What do you dislike?

This application saves information for days, in a calendar and shows what you need with immediacy. It's the fastest and lightest personal digital diary I've ever encountered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The interface of the program is very clear. It is fully adapted to Spanish. It offers the possibility to start the program or to use customizable templates. In short, this is a program to keep in mind if you are looking for some software to take notes.

With this tool I can elaborate the strategies of my department adding notes in the calendar that allow me to program the month the course and the next ones. The searches are instantaneous and the speed of operation is incredibly fast.

RedNotebook review by Rae Jayson C.
Rae Jayson C.

"My secure personal diary for my day-to-day activities"

What do you like best?

I like Red Notebook's simplicity. It is open source for everybody to develop on top of it. At first, I thought it is just a notepad, an old school looking application for jotting down things, but there is more to it than meets the eye. I like that it has an integrated calendar and can add timestamps to your entries. Each entry is saved as a .txt file, so it can be opened and synced over Google drive and access it anywhere. I also like the feature where you can decorate your texts bold and italicized depending on your highlights. Something that a notepad cannot do. Files are saved automatically and is back up when there's an interference of the device used.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing bad to say with Red Notebook, but I hope they could support image copy-pasting. Sometimes I need to check images and it has to be linked not readily available for viewing on the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend Red Notebook to my fellow engineers and people working in technical fields. It is a nice tool to use for documentation with simplicity in mind. It may not have all features provided by industry standard tools, but it definitely does the job well done for being on point.

I use Red Notebook for my daily project documentation. I also use it for my product documentation and I jot down comments and suggestions I have for any company product to be launched. Very neat and handy. It has an advanced search and can search the content of your notes and search via tagging. It helped me to be organized on my workflow by making my documentation flow smoothly.

RedNotebook review by Juan O.
Juan O.

"UNA BUENA FORMA DE LLEVAR A CABO UNA BITACORA O UN DIARIO"

What do you like best?

LA CAPACIDAD DE PODER USAR LAS FUNCIONES COMO EL ETIQUETAR ELEMTOS O PARTE DEL TEXTO ATRAVEZ DEL LAS ALMOHADILLAS .

PODER INSERTAR IMAGENES, LINKS DE PAGINAS O CORREOS ELECTRONICOS ASI COMO ALGUNOS ARCHIVOS MAS.

LA CAPACIDAD DE PODER ELEGIR EL FORMATO DE TEXTO ASI COMO SU COMPLETA EDICION.

EL AUTOGUARDO PARA NUNCA PERDER TU INFORMACION.

PERMITE GUARDAR ARCHIVOS CON FORMATOS HTML,PDF Y OTROS FORMATOS

What do you dislike?

LA UNICA FALLA A DESTACAR SERIA EL ECHO DE LA LIMITACION DE LAS FECHAS Y NO PODER REALIZAR EL DIARIO DE FORMA CORRECTA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MUY BUEN SOFTWARE PARA LA ADMINISTRACION DE BITACORAS Y CON MULTIPLES HERRAMIENTAS PARA SU USO DE FORMA SUAVE Y SIMPLE.

ES COMPATIBLES CON MULTIPLES PLATAFORMAS COMO macOS,WINDOWS Y PRINCIPALMENTE EN LINUX Y SUS MULTIPLES CAPAS.

PERMITE AGUILIZAR Y CONTROLAR LAS BITACORAS REALIZADAS POR LO CUAL ES MAS PRACTICO LA REALIZACION DE PROYECTOS Y SU ENTENDIMIENTO.

RedNotebook review by Elliot T.
Elliot T.

"rednotebook"

What do you like best?

I really liked this one the best because you can add pictures to your notepad and sync it with your calendar.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the fact that it would freeze from time to time and upset other employees.

To organize pictures and notes together online that anyone can access.

RedNotebook review by User

"RedNotebook review"

What do you like best?

I really liked note taking capabilities the software has

What do you dislike?

User interface could be sometimes confusing

Keeping notes in an organized place.

Learning about RedNotebook?

* We monitor all RedNotebook reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.