ProEst Reviews & Product Details

ProEst Overview

What is ProEst?

ProEst is the industry’s leading cloud-based estimating and pre-construction management software, offering contractors new levels of process efficiency, information accuracy, and team collaboration. Our online platform combines CRM, cost estimating, digital takeoffs, bid-day analysis, and reporting in a single powerful solution — all with 24/7 access from any computer or mobile device.

ProEst Details
Discussions
ProEst Community
English, Spanish

ProEst is a construction estimating software that allows you to create estimates, perform digital takeoffs, manage the bid day process and generate reports and proposals.

Imagine real-time, 24/7 access to your client relationships, cost estimates, digital takeoffs, estimate reporting, and much more. Our single cloud construction takeoff software allows you to estimate with confidence -- so you spend less time in Excel and more time on profit-driving initiatives.

Our Unlimited Subscription provides access to ProEst's features, benefits, and support for an unlimited number of users, all for one affordable annual fee. Your final annual subscription cost is based on awarded projects using ProEst, so you never pay more than you should for your construction estimating.

We also offer several training options, including web-based, classroom, and on-site, to make transitioning to the ProEst cloud easy for your team.

ProEst integrates with many popular applications, including Procore, Acumatica, Foundation, RSMeans data from Gordian, Premier Construction Software, Viewpoint Software, Quickbooks, MCAA WebLEM, CMiC, BuilderTrend, Spectrum by Dexter + Chaney/Viewpoint, ComputerEase, NetPricer, and Trade Service.

ProEst
1976
San Diego, CA
@ProEst
676 Twitter followers

ProEst Videos

ProEst Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the ProEst community
Have you used ProEst before?

ProEst Reviews

Showing 32 ProEst reviews
Already have ProEst?
Estimator
What do you like best?

The convenience of ProEst is great. If I'm not in the office, I'm able to log in remotely and continue my work from anywhere with a stable internet connection. The software also gives users the ability to organize estimates as they see fit. This organization is key to making sure that anyone within our company who views an estimate is able to find what they're looking for with relative ease. The support staff is great, too. Whenever I have a question about using a feature or if I encounter a bug within the software, they are quick to respond and get me the help I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The main complaint I had with ProEst is that it required a fair bit of try-it-and-see learning, as there was no documentation on how to use its features. This has been rectified with the addition of a knowledge base in the ver.16 update. It currently contains a large amount of information, but could use some fine-tuning to address more specific details of the numerous features the software offers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As you explore the software, try not to get overwhelmed by the number of features it offers. I have been using ProEst for over five years, and even to this day, I continue to learn more about its capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ProEst has made our estimating departments more efficient and productive. The amount of cost detail you are able to provide within database items is also helping us realize any shortcomings or problems with our unit pricing, which allows us to price projects more competitively. It has also been great for our project managers in the field as they are able to access plans, specifications and takeoffs on-site without needing to go through our estimators. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Thank you, John, for taking the time to write such a detailed review of ProEst! We're glad to hear our platform has been a great fit for your company and that you've found our support staff helpful. Thanks for your feedback!

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about ProEst is the manner is which data is stored and accessed. It has streamlined tracking sales by person, or division, and the hundreds of spreadsheets and reports have exponentially expanded our company's productivity. The database we have created for cost codes and unit prices is pretty standard for most estimating programs, but I do like how easy it was with ProEst. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The actual estimate and summary page can take a bit to learn. I am not a fan of saving each line item, as if they are not saved, it's hard to notice. That comes down to just becoming more familiar with the program, through. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data, data, data! It is so vital to a business to have RELIABLE data. As long as our users are utilizing the program correctly, our data is virtually 100% accurate. It never comes down to program problems. I also like that multiple users can see all estimates, as in my company, several of us will work on one at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Kait! We appreciate your feedback and we're happy to hear ProEst has benefited your company's productivity, accuracy, and collaboration.

Outside Sales project manager
What do you like best?

One of the best things about ProEst is it's customizability and ability to tailor to your working situation. The other thing that I find that sets ProEst apart is that you are able to give suggestions and have same day/next day feedback on it. Something that I hadn't seen before in any other software.

The recent implementation of a more word like type kind of editor was definitely a plus as it allowed some text to be large and other parts to be small.

The best part was that was done through feedback and able to be done in a relatively short turnaround time when dealing with software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't really find many things to dislike. Especially since there is an option for instant feedback. One of the things that hasn't happened and maybe due to a the software inability is to save past changes or being able to go back to previous versions of scopes. Adding edits, can make a scope look cumbersome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think the ability to customize your takeoffs is essential and the ability to do so quickly and save different settings given different materials/products is something that is quite easily set up and done in ProEst. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ProEst is currently used as a construction software that allows you to customize the way you estimate in order to minimize any sort of manual calculations that would take up time many times over.

At some point in the last year ProEst also decided to go with a cloudbased service that proved very, very convenient. This is of course given the current state of things and many people working from home. If someone is unable to come into the office, simply logging in from home is a great benefit. Especially when projects are big and due in the short iterim. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Thank you, Marco, for sharing your feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed and positive review.

Manager/owner
What do you like best?

The ease in building a database that is custom to your business and being able to duplicate a template. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downside for a custom Home builder is having a bid accepted and not being able to go back and edit that entry once it has been accepted because in custom homes people make changes and will want us to reprice something or edit something and we have to create a new entry Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time and effort to complete bids and take offs. It has cut our bid time almost in half Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Coy, thank you for taking the time to review ProEst. We're glad to hear our platform has helped cut your bid time almost in half! We're always trying to improve our services and appreciate your feedback as a custom home builder.

What do you like best?

The budgeting tool is extremely useful and i love the way it gathers data from the takeoffs. the summery and the reports are very useful as well. the sort types are awesome Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Report Writer is difficult to use. The takeoffs tool could be improved, keyboard shortcut for "Undo" for example do not work but they should. line items lock up the cost code and arent able to be edited once there is a takeoff connected, this needs to change. also, it should be MUCH more difficult to delete a drawing. and it should be MUCH easier to upload that single drawing back.

I have lost my progress and screwed up my estimates COUNTLESS times because i or a coworker accidentally deleted a single page full of takeoffs. every time we called support for this the answer was the same- "Sorry there is nothing we can do". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

historical data is being kept in an easy to use database for future reference. the copy estimate tool allows me to create multiple iterations of the same estimate which is great to allow other estimators to use their own best practices and compare later on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Hi Randy, thanks for taking the time to review ProEst! We really appreciate your feedback.

What do you like best?

The takeoff section really can give you a good idea of quantities in a small amount of time, and a good way to organize information visually.

Access to information via cloud storage vs local Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The estimating equations can be challenging, seeing the information or converting units to get the information like you want, synced together to a specific trade's needs.

Also, would love to see an expanded screen on the takeoff mode so you could use your monitors full (or most of it) screen when looking a the plans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I just like having a quick way to takeoff something, and track progress through the takeoff screens

Can go back and review something easily to trace my steps. Like the interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Thank you, Chad, for taking the time to share your feedback! We're happy to hear you've found ProEst's takeoff tools helpful.

Design Associate and Estimator
What do you like best?

Was very easy to pick up. I was up and working in ProEst in just a couple of days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Updates can make things a bit interesting. Typically we get an email regarding major updates, which is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are creating Material List estimates for national projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Hi Walter, thank you for sharing your thoughts on ProEst. We're glad to hear you found our platform so easy to learn!

What do you like best?

The customer service and training is amazing. Without a doubt, any software is going to have a big at some point. ProEst is top notch when it comes to identifying and solving problems when they come up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I truly have no complaints on this product. I use it daily and am amazed by their continued releases and new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is tailorable to your needs! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ProEst has streamlined our estimating teams productivity and tracking. We can very quickly track our sales figures and success rates. I love how ProEst has modifiers where I can switch between prevailing wage and standard wage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Hi Bob, thank you for being a ProEst customer and for taking the time to write such a nice review! We're glad to hear our software has been a great fit for your company.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

It is easy to navigate and markup drawings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It lags with larger projects and does not always import the specifications easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend others to take their time learning the abilities that Proest has to offer. There is so much more beyond the surface that can make your life easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving our bid packages by being able to maintain the categories for our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Thank you, Aram, for sharing your thoughts on ProEst! We appreciate your feedback.

IC
What do you like best?

From what I hear from upper management - since we started with Proest - things have become much easier.

Proest allows you to estimate with real visual graphics and lets you see what is needed and where.

It also has an interface which is a pleasure to work with and makes things so much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything that I dislike about Proest. From what I have seen and heard - it is a huge upgrade from before we started using Proest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As always, I recommend doing your research before choosing a software.

I wish you the best of luck - I don't think that you will be disappointed with Proest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Proest helps us plan and budget our projects.

It helps us come up with the most accurate dollar amount as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Thank you so much for the positive review and for being a loyal ProEst customer! We appreciate you sharing your feedback and are glad that our software was able to benefit your company.

We noticed that you rated us 5/10, or 2.5 stars. If there are any issues we can address that you didn't mention in your review, let us know! If it's just a typo, you can always edit your rating to reflect the content of your review.

What do you like best?

The digital take off tool is great and also the ability to output estimates in a professional way. No hidden cells and the ability to bring in industry data is key. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit to build custom assemblies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a dedicated person to ramp up the integration. It takes time to make the switch from former solution to new. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are taking our estimating to the next level. We are currently phasing out the old system and beginning to relay on ProEst for new bids. The cloud format allows for users anywhere and unlimited users as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Hi Taylor, thanks for reviewing ProEst and sharing your feedback! We're glad to hear that our software is helping your company take estimating to the next level!

What do you like best?

I like how quick Pro Est Maintenance responds to my tickets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the old features did not transfer over to the new system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great to use for estimating in General Construction Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are still tightening up the countertop side of estimating. Faster quotes and ease of use continuing work at home if needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Thanks, LeAndrew, for sharing your thoughts on ProEst. We appreciate your feedback!

Estimator
What do you like best?

the ability to create your own assemblies as you need for whatever type of situation that you might encounter in a project it's just satisfying Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

you have to stay connected to internet all the time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

take your time to create databases the right way for what you need that is going to be the roots to any take off Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

e collaboration between estimators it's great, since we don't have to be in the same place at the same time we can collaborate from anywhere Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Thanks, Miguel, for reviewing ProEst and sharing your feedback!

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use with proper training and there is a great deal of information stored with the database. The estimate products and reports have a great appearance and quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The take off portion of the software is basically useless as every item has to be take on separately, there is not a way to breakout multiple items per take off. ie you have to take off the square footage of a room twice for the floor and for the ceiling as the are different lines on the estimate but most of the time the same sf. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The software is cost effective with unlimited users and being cloud based it has allowed us to scale our estimating team as needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Thank you for reviewing ProEst and sharing your feedback! We're glad that ProEst has helped you scale your estimating team.

Construction Estimator
What do you like best?

Estimating software for takeoffs is very intuitive, customer service is very prompt and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some issues with the reports and the odd issue during takeoffs but nothing overly major. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Eliminating the need for spreadsheets and installing takeoff software on the computer is very beneficial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Thank you, Phil, for taking the time to share your thoughts about ProEst. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that our customer service team has been helpful!

What do you like best?

That the proest is easy to use and accurat pricing once set up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That we have to re -enter information multiple times over. it creates more room for error,. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Better more accurate pricing based on labor and productivity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Thanks, Samantha, for sharing your feedback! We appreciate that you took the time to review ProEst and we're glad that you've found our platform accurate and easy to use.

What do you like best?

It is user friendly and some of the reports are nice. I wish you could format reports in different ways Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Take off tools and data base aren't the best. Once you do a take off it is very difficult to modify it for waste since the cells are locked in the estimate sheet. I also wish there was a way to program a labor rate and just input Man hours vs having to input the dollar amount Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

maks it easy for the entire team to collaborate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Thank you, Will, for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback.

Estimator/Project Manager
What do you like best?

I really like this software and is more realistic with all the costs & productivity of all crews & equipment. It’s not just any on-screen takeoff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Printing reports which have sort types as different section. If there was a Code column in Estimate field, it would have saved time rewriting the sort types. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pricing directly from takeoff. Adjusting prices by increasing/decreasing productivities and Summary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Hi Kaustubh, we appreciate you taking the time to review ProEst! Thank you for your feedback.

What do you like best?

I can build the site meet company needs with ProEst Staff Support guidance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Screen on the takeoff won't expand to full screen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customizing the reports to breakdown totals for accounting provides feedback on fly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Hi Yuri, thanks for taking the time to review ProEst! We appreciate your feedback and are glad you've found our support staff helpful.

What do you like best?

Template features are great for quick estimate set up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a fan of the way its set up to do options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to have everyone in the office working on an estimate together is great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Hi Loren, thanks for reviewing ProEst! We appreciate your feedback.

UA
What do you like best?

Once you program all the items, assemblies and formulas it get easier yo use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The most difficult part it's that the assemblies can't be used more than one time when you add, one per page and make a larger estimate page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Continue implementing new options.

In the apart of Estimate will improve more things, better organization of the assemblies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making report faster than with another programs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Thank you for taking the time to review ProEst and share your feedback!

EC
What do you like best?

Web based platform allows for access from anywhere. The ability to access drawings and estimates from any device allows for work to be picked up across multiple devices. Great in today's uncertain times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some times based on connectivity the speed of the platform can suffer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ProEst has allowed us to streamline our estimating and proposals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback. We're glad to hear ProEst is giving your team the ability to collaborate remotely!

What do you like best?

Having ProEst cuts down the time to perform estimates. The attention to detail that ProEst provides sets us above our competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Certain Takeoff hick-ups. Cannot provide LF in 10' sections. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None at the moment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accurate proposals. Quality pricing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about ProEst. We're so glad to hear that our platform has given your company a competitive edge. We appreciate your feedback!

What do you like best?

That we can have multiple estimators reviewing the same estimate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more tutorial on how to create custom report templates Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great estimating software. Cloud based let's us view estimates anywhere Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to send our estimate buyout directly to our PM software ComputerEase Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Thanks, Brock, for writing a review and for being a valued ProEst customer. We appreciate your feedback!

What do you like best?

I like how the systems adds up all the cost. I can group by divisions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the edit screen how the labor, productivity is hidden Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

its quicker to do an estimate. I like the templates for each type of estimate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Hope R. of ProEst

Thanks, Chad, for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback.