Powtoon

Powtoon and Slides combine the power of animation w/ Awesome design. Quickly and easily make stunning presentations for FREE!

Work for Powtoon?

Learning about Powtoon?

Powtoon Reviews

Showing 98 Powtoon reviews
Powtoon review by Kapil K.
Kapil K.

"Powtoon is a good online program for creating wonderful tutorial videos"

What do you like best?

The best thing in the powtoon application which I like most is the simplicity of the application, it is very easy for anyone to make the video clips with ease, you need not to have professional knowledge about any software, just with the simple drag and drop of elements anyone can create amazing videos

What do you dislike?

Till the time I have not found any such thing with this application which I dislike, the only thing is that in the trail version you cant make the video with higher resolution.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Generally speaking I'm able to state that Powtoon is a superb program to create delivering presentations and info graphics having a much more imaginative and entertaining type. Additionally, the data are stored in the form of a cloud. You should only require an internet system to view your displays.

With the help of powtoon I have created a lots of tutorial videos for myself and my clients, I also uploaded lots of videos to the video sharing sites and from there I have got a lots of views.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Powtoon
Powtoon review by Kunal K.
Kunal K.

"An outstanding program to your marketing and advertising requirements."

What do you like best?

Powtoon is as simple to use as grabbing and editing design templates to providing you with total control of your crafting ideas. Powtoon is usually growing and will be offering numerous types of video which makes it an incredibly total animation software.

What do you dislike?

The software is sometimes sluggish requiring to empty the storage cache or reboot the web browser. Furthermore, it has infrequent errors in exporting or in some cases there are some small issues that do not work the method that you want. But client service is obviously readily available and it is matchless.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PowToon can certainly help any individual without any know-how in the animation arena. Make highly effective videos and explainers within just around 30 minutes.

Apart from making video clips for my work, This application has provided me the chance to make lots of videos for my freelance work, which helps me to boost my freelancing career and earn some extra bucks

What Presentation solution do you use?

Powtoon review by Arnie D.
Arnie D.

"An excellent platform for your marketing needs."

What do you like best?

Can be as easy to use as grabbing and modifying templates to giving you full control over your creative ideas. Powtoon is always evolving and offers various styles of video making it a very full animation platform. I have become so involved that I am now one of their ambassadors.

What do you dislike?

The platform is occasionally slow necessitating to clear the cache or restart chrome. It also has occasional glitches in exporting or sometimes there are a few minor things that don't work the way you want. But customer service is always available and is incomparable..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the free version. Look at what others have done and watch some tutorials. There is a learning curve as there is a lot available with Powtoon.

Aside from creating videos for my own business, Powtoon has given me the opportunity to start a new business offering videos to customers worldwide. I can't thank them enough.

Powtoon review by Elizabeth W.
Elizabeth W.

"An responsive and easy to use animation program"

What do you like best?

The ease of learning how it all works, constant improvements, tutorials available and the quick response by the support team to any issues are big pluses. The Facebook user group is another benefit.

Powtoon regularly asks the users what they want added or improved functionality - and they listen.

What do you dislike?

Regularly having to clear the cache to improve speed can be a pain. Sometimes the program can be slow to respond if there is video on a slide.

When rendering the video I don't receive an email to say it's completed, although it says I will (minor quirk)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the free version first to ensure it suits your style. I'm sure it will!

I use the program to develop micro-learning videos for the health industry mainly around finance/revenue. The availability of quick how to videos (that are interesting to watch) save the finance team heaps of time and creates consistency in messaging. Content is also quickly updated as required.

I also use Powtoon to great instructional videos for my Youtube channel and online learning platforms.

Powtoon review by Brian J.
Brian J.

"Powtoon Is An Incredible Video Creation Platform"

What do you like best?

the ability to quickly create engaging video from a huge library of video and image assets add numbered steps and arrows with the click of a mouse. This lets me create marketing videos, business video processes, info-graphics, and step-by-step instructions in seconds!

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

In case you're not aware of it, Powtoon video creation software program helps you to create engaging marketing, education, business videos for clients and for my own business. Either using the vast template and asset library to piece a video together or creating from scratch using project files provided by the customer.

Powtoon, offered at powtoon.com, is a company that specializes in making awesome video creation and video software from the cloud. I first started using their software back in 2018.

You want this because Powtoon makes it easy to create videos you can use in a variety of ways. You can capture your audiences eyeballs to market, teach a subject or share your company brand. You can use it to answers questions with a quick video survey. You can create step by step graphics to document standard operating procedures in your business. You can even use it to create illustrations for books, blog posts, social media updates, and graphics for PowerPoint presentations, now that you can import PowerPoint projects.

In the end, if you want to bring your imagination to the video screen using Powtoon for video animation, you can easily do so with this amazing piece of software.

What makes Powtoon special as opposed to other video creation software programs (even the free options) is the amazing editor. In the video editor you can easily add markup to your images, including arrows, numbers, highlights, and more. It's the editor that makes this software so powerful and simple to use.

One incredible thing this video creation software program does that you might not realize is they make it super easy for you to share your videos right from the platform. With the click of your mouse you can share your video creations directly to Facebook, YouTube, Slideshare, Vimeo, Wistia, Hubspot, Facebook Ads Manager and more. It really is simple and powerful!

Powtoon is not for video pros who think they are Steven Spielberg or graphic artists who consider themselves digital Michelangelos.

This video creation software program is for anyone, especially content creators, who want to grab fast screen shots, video content, images and other video graphics, mark them up like a pro, and make super fast and engaging videos.

The feature I like about this most is the ability to quickly add videos and images to piece together engaging stories or product presentations and the ability to use numbererd steps and arrows with the click of a mouse. This lets me create video processes, info-graphics, and step-by-step video instructions in seconds!

One thing to be aware of is you can't go live on Facebook directly through the software. Though you can download your video and or post to Facebook from the program, you can't go live directly from the software. (And there are many tools that will allow you to do this. Had to find something negative about the software :))

But that's not a deal killer because the whole purpose of video creation software is to create engaging visual content. And Powtoon makes it easy to do just that. Start with a template from their library or create from scratch using a variety of images and videos from within Powtoon's searchable media or import your very own unique media to produce your video.

I have used this video creation software program to create video commercials, business training video manuals, marketing material for various industries and even my own TV channel network presentations. I also use it as a quick way to communicate with my audience on social media and past customers. Lately, I've been using it to make videos for customers to use on social media that people really like.

The good news for you is that the cost is surprisingly affordable, especially when you consider how many features it offers. You can grab yours for just $708/year.

But when you compare that to other video software alternatives out there on the market (even the free ones), none of them offer the same functionality and power as Powtoon. It's definitely worth the price.

My vote is to grab Powtoon if you want to save a ton of time answering questions, create amazing videos for customers, social media, blog, etc., and easily share your creations both online and off.

For more you can check out Powtoon at https://powtoon.com for more information.

Create video commercials, business training video manuals, marketing material for various industries and even my own TV channel network presentations. I also use it as a quick way to communicate with my audience on social media and past customers. Lately, I've been using it to make videos for customers to use on social media that people really like.

Powtoon review by Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.

"Powtoon provides quality, easy to use production online software"

What do you like best?

I am loving the short videos, with people, bringing real life into my advertisements. I deal with music, dj'ing and karaoke so need quick catchy videos. There are also a number of great composed music tracks to select from. I do compose my own music as well and it is just as easy to upload and use on the platform.

What do you dislike?

Some of the clip art. But I don't use it much anyhow. It would be nice to have an outro option for animation on text and images, if there is an option for this I cannot find it. By Outro I mean being able to choose the entry animation and outgoing animation and for them to be different if I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a handle on what you want to advertise. Don't use too many words or clutter. Videos are awesome and don't forget to search for content, you will be surprised what you find.

I am bringing to life my music products and services, providing interesting themed videos to capture my customers and potential customers imagination. Video is converting more customers than all of my static advertising put together.

Powtoon review by Carl R.
Carl R.

"Great for Teaser Videos"

What do you like best?

I like all the different characters and poses, especially the latest Omni characters. They're very diverse and all the new poses allow me to do a lot more.

What do you dislike?

There's a little bit of a learning curve and you can only edit things to the half second so I usually do the majority of work in Powtoon then export it into another video editing program to finish it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with one of their templates and edit from there. I get almost all my ideas from viewing their vast selection of templates and character poses. Working in half-second intervals was challenging at first since I'm used to being able to edit to the 30th of a second but I got used to it and now create the majority of my video in Powtoon, export it and finish it off in another editor.

I've created tons of teaser videos for my company's professional development offerings. All the built-in animations make the videos extremely engaging.

Powtoon review by Nelson S.
Nelson S.

"Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Although they state that, after logging a support call, they will try to get back in 24h period (which usually means after 24h) they got back to me in a few hours (2-3 hours). Always professional, attentive, one thing that surprised me was that they didn't push towards closing the ticket ASAP and actually checked with other levels of support to check if my issue was on their side, I can praise this team enough, specially Daniel and Kenny. 5* on your customer service skills!

What do you dislike?

I understand the reason why it is done but the only thing in the logged calls I disliked is that they replied to multiple tickets in a single ticket, being in a customer service environment myself our teams always reply to each ticket individually as long as the issues logged are different.

Making training more captivating, one of the main complaints was that the training was too dull, with animation and audio we have changed this.

Powtoon review by Glenn B.
Glenn B.

"Great Solution and Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The software is constantly being updated and additions being made including new features and content. The customer service is attentive, efficient, and responds quickly. I've output very professional videos to be used for the small business that I work for. For the price, you cannot beat it!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the videos get a little rough and "glitchy" upon exporting them - maybe not playing quite as smoothly as they play in the creation interface or preview. Could use a bit more pre-made content to pop into videos.

Video creation for marketing and informational purposes outsourced to a third party cost thousands of dollars per video for a 1-2 minute video. Our Powtoon subscription has already paid for itself many times over! I've shared videos that I've created with our team in various regions, internationally and everyone is impressed and requesting they be created to use in their markets as well!

Powtoon review by Maurice B.
Maurice B.

"Powtoon for Faculty of Education Students"

What do you like best?

Powtoon enables pre-service teachers to become familiar with the principles and practices associated with preparing media for flipped classrooms. It is easy to obtain an account and is quite easy to use. Best of all, the free version is more than adequate for occasional use and the classroom licences are affordable.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my students add in premium content and this poses problems near the end of their assignment when they have to replace them with either the free ones or the ones we have paid for. It would be better if these were harder to access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it first, a grest account is both powerful and free.

We are an educational user and out main issue is preparing our students to create affordable media-rich educational content. My main usage is in workshops for pre-service teachers where I guide them through the process of creating the media for a Flipped Classroom lesson. For my purposes Powtoon offers the best combination of features and affordability. Best of all, the pre-service teachers enjoy using it.

Powtoon review by Luis B.
Luis B.

" An alternative to create funny, animated and eye-catching videos"

What do you like best?

I like it to be an online platform for the creation of animations and all kinds of video presentations. The program has all the necessary tools to start creating presentations and animated videos with professional results.

Something that I also like is that the creation process is very simple and the result becomes videos capable of captivating our audience.

I like it because it is a very fun and animated program

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the program is only in English and that there is no version to download.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to capture the attention of people or customers use Powtoon.

If you want to be more popular with your friends use Powtoon.

If you want to express your ideas in an original, animated and fun way, use Powtoon.

I recommend them, it is an excellent program from which we can get much benefit.

With Powtoon I have attracted the attention of people and I have made known my business using the videos that I edited uploading them on my social networks

Powtoon review by Irina D.
Irina D.

"As soon as I´ve found Powtoon I stopped looking for any other platform"

What do you like best?

The platform has a lot of templates of characters and visuals to build interactive viedos. Done very professionally and there are templates for any purpose - marketing campaings, product presentations, reports, infographics, ads, company story etc..

This is you who sets how the visuals in your video move and what they say (via writing).

You can share Powtoons with other users and thus your colleagues would be able to modify the same video. Powtoon is easy in use, although in the beginning you might find it complicated, it is not. Just do watch the explanation video first. The result is worth it. You have a wide range of tools and can save and post videos even with a free subscription. With a constant use I would recommend you to switch to PRO.

What do you dislike?

Free subscription lets you save videos in low resolution, it is OK, but for professional look you would need PRO. Powtoon is flexible and offers you good discounts as well. The max video length in free type of an account is 3 min, but this is more an advantage rather than a disadvantage, because you shall be able to tell long stories in a short way. You can also try PRO version for free, so that you can see all the advantages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To give it try, because in the beginning it looks complicated, but it is not. You can plan every second of your video in a handy way.

Making content funny and easy to perceive for a final spectator. Saving time as Powtoon provides you with all the necessary templates. Moreover you do not have to be a professional designer or video maker to create videos of a high quality.

Powtoon review by Gordon F.
Gordon F.

""Powtoon Review""

What do you like best?

The program has all the fundamental instruments to begin making introductions and energized recordings with expert outcomes. There are layouts for any reason - advertising efforts, item introductions, reports, data designs, advertisements, organization story and so on. They're extremely different and all the new postures enable me to complete significantly more. Powtoon is continually advancing and offers different styles of video making it a full activity stage. The client administration is mindful, productive, and reacts rapidly.

What do you dislike?

Overall the powtoon application is great, has no aversion of program.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This instrument gives different astonishing animation activity's which are useful. Aside from that, it is extremely valuable for making introductions increasingly powerful and extraordinary. Along these lines, this is useful device.

We use Powtoon to speak with our customers in a novel arrangement. The reaction we have gotten from our customers has been outstanding.This programming makes it extremely simple to assemble an excellent introduction in all respects rapidly, sparing time and cash in the plan work.

Powtoon review by Estefany V.
Estefany V.

"Animated, fun and innovative presentations"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Powtoon is that original and fun touch I get in my presentations. PowToon not only allows you to add many of the usual elements in presentations such as images, text or audio in a succession of slides, but also animated characters, data graphics and animated objects of all kinds.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's a bit slow to export presentations

Recommendations to others considering the product

In general I can say that Powtoon is an excellent application to make presentations and infographics with a more creative and fun style. In addition, the files are saved in the form of a cloud. You only need an internet network to watch your exhibitions.

In my work this tool is indispensable, I like to create different and original presentations, I like that my colleagues do not get bored when I am going to explain some topic of the office. It has been very beneficial for me and for my business environment to use Powtoon, my presentations are much more animated and the message I want to convey is better interpreted.

Powtoon review by Digiperform E.
Digiperform E.

"An excellent and simple to use cartoon video making application"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of learning all of it is effective, regular enhancements, training readily available and also the speedy reply from the service staff for any concerns. Powtoon allows me make marketing and advertising videos very easly.

What do you dislike?

Overall the powtoon application is good, but the music inside the application in not that much good type.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powtoon is a good application for making marketing and advertising videos which will definitely attract the attention of your audience, so must go for it

Through this application, I have made lots of videos for marketing and advertising purpose, and also made tutorial videos and uploaded them to youtube and get lots of views on that video.

Powtoon review by Manuel C.
Manuel C.

"Animated presentations made easy-ish"

What do you like best?

You can get professional results investing not much time.

The platform is being improved constantly, and they've been adding new design elements over time.

There are many presentationg templates available, so it's very likely you'll find one that fits your needs.

In addition, it's very flexible and you can start your own project from scratch.

You can also include your own graphic elements (for example, using a vector image generator to create similar images to those offer in the gallery).

Templates and graphic elements can be classified in different styles, so you can choose informal presentations, with funnier characters, or more formal ones.

What do you dislike?

There are some stability problems with the platform. Sometimes it crashes (just stops working well) and you have to restart it. Usually work progress is not lost.

If you're using one of the templates provided you can have your presentation done in no time. However, if you want a more customized result you need to invest a decent amount of time preparing a proper script for the video, adding new slides, looking for some unique visual elements to add, etc.

It takes some time to be able to use it in a profficient way, to a level that allows you, for example, to sinchronize perfectly all the different elements and texts as they come and go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch some examples first to see if that's what you need for your presentation.

Try the free version, which can give you a good idea of how it works and how much time you'll need to master it.

If you choose a paid plan, bear in mind that some images in the gallery might not be included for the plan you're paying for.

This platform is focused on a specific type of promotional video, based in vector graphic elements (cartoons, images, miniatures, etc.), and and it serves this purpose perfectly.

Powtoon review by Author P.
Author P.

"HTML5 version vs. Classic version (by 辛亞蓓 Peggy Hsin)"

What do you like best?

Powtoon's Amir and his team just helped me to resolve the description problem for my Gummy Bear video of Classic version (https://bit.ly/2sMn2iM). The best part is that the assistance was helpful and the replies were very detailed. I can feel that he and his team are very professional and patient.

What do you dislike?

If I change my original Classic version into HTML5 one, my gummy bears will disappear from the video. So, I have to keep the original one.

Amir and his team not merely provided necessary help, but also provided me with other useful info. For example, users may realize that "It takes around 24 hours or so for Google to add that new information in the search results."

Powtoon review by Mario P.
Mario P.

"Easy learning curve and dozens of extra features"

What do you like best?

Easy learning curve and dozens of extra features Makes this app the best one I’ve used for quick animation videos. I use it for internal marketing with colleagues to promote the projects and work we make on our department. Also I use it to make videos of new produts and prototipes that we make for clients. Is a good way to promote your portfolio of products and services in a funny and relaxed way. You don't need to be an expert on video editing and you can combine this software with other video softwares to edit different parts. For example I use it to make the introduction of some videos and then use VIMEO to edit this instroduction with the rest of the video that is a screen recording. That way I can give the same visual short video intro to all the videos of my company and keep the identity. The tools has lot of resources most part is free. The only downside of the free version is that it has the POWTOON logo on it and you can only safe it at low res. That is way sometimes I purshace a month licence to gather all the videos I made and download them withouth the logo!

What do you dislike?

I would like to have the possibility of saving very short videos without the powtoon logo on the free version

Recommendations to others considering the product

go ahead give it a try

Make short animation videos to include in our videos off product releases

Powtoon review by Hugo L.
Hugo L.

"The best software for animated slides."

What do you like best?

The awesome thing that Powtoon has to offer is that it lets me make powerful and lively slides, based on existing themes and templates, that bring my work to life. Another thing that I love to bits is that I can add very sympathetic characters to any of the slides, and even make them move their bodies and mouths. The final and most exciting part is that I can add any of the songs that are available to my slides so that the final output looks highly professional.

What do you dislike?

The worst part is that this Powtoon software is that the abilities that the characters have to offer (like moving their mouths or part of their bodies) aren´t so many, and this might be a bad thing for people who are looking for a bit of variety. One last thing that is terrible is that the price for using this for your business is a bit high, and most starting freelance animators won´t be able to easily get this service in its premium form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It´s very easy to make lively slideshows with this software, but if you need more versatility, then look elsewhere.

The best feature I get from Powtoon is the ability to give my business presentations as well as presentations for clients a unique style that suits their needs (and mine too). Whenever I offer a slideshow I created with Powtoon, most people tell me that they loved the way I put everything together, and I get more clients.

Powtoon review by Esmeralda D.
Esmeralda D.

"IF ONLY EVERYTHING WAS AS EASY AS USING POWTOON"

What do you like best?

I think that what I mostly like is that creating an animation with PowToon is ridiculously easy. First, I get to pick out one from many templates (and there´s a template for any occassion). After a template is selected, I like that it´s even easier to add moving characters to every slide I have for the animation (and I get to choose from many friendly and gorgeous characters). The last part is that adding special effects and then exporting your work to get a final video can be done by only clicking one button.

What do you dislike?

I have to admit it, I love using PowToon, and this is the reason why it makes me sad to say bad things about it. The downside of PowToon is that it only lets you create slides only with 2 D characters (which is fine for some people, but not for experienced animators), and perhaps the worst part is that the characters and their expressions are very limited. The last thing is that if they offer this limited function, then they should sell the software for a lower price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PowToon can help any user with no knowledge in the animation field create powerful videos and explainers in less than half an hour. But you need to know that this is a basic tool, and you won´t be able to customize your characters, but only choose the predetermined characters, functions, etc.

I get to create myself (and in a matter of minutes) commercials and "infomercials" that I can use as a way of advertising my services and products. Then I can share these videos in my social media and new customers start to flood my inbox (well, not so many, but a few to make me earn a decent amount of dollars).

Powtoon review by User

"Reluctant to leave review.... because then EVERYONE will want it! "

What do you like best?

I'm reluctant to leave a rave review because then EVERYONE will want it! I LOVE THIS POWTOON TOOL!

It took me literally one hour to create a quality compliance video we use for thousands of employees. Talk about agile development! Quick, easy to learn, easy to incorporate your own company's branding.

I highly recommend the Enterprise level solution. This thing is great!

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing. At first I thought we wouldn't be able to upload our own images but, boy was I wrong! You can upload your company branding images easily. And the Enterprise level gives you so much more. You don't need other image subscriptions. Cha-ching! Budget savings!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend. We are creating videos in record time for compliance as well as other training purposes. Amazingly simple to use. If you know PowerPoint, you've got this!

Asking myself why I would ever use PowerPoint again. I can send them a video the day prior to review and then have them comment on the topic or have an active discussion. More efficient, effective, better use of time,... need I go on? This thing is great!

Powtoon review by Phil F.
Phil F.

"Powtoon Issue Resolved"

What do you like best?

Powtoon has become an outstanding tool we utilize to communicate with our clients. After encountered a technical issue we contacted the Powtoon team. They were very responsive and helpful and the issue was resolved quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

Only thing we would love to see is the ability to have additional control for voiceover and music. Would love to be able to have music fade out and the voice over start on a slide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good tool. Easy to use andflexible.

We utilize Powtoon to communicate with our clients in a unique format. The response we have received from our clients has been outstanding.

Powtoon review by Alicia Sarah V.
Alicia Sarah V.

" Powtoon is a powerful tool that will make your slide - presentations engaging"

What do you like best?

Powtoon takes my slide shows to the next level, by turning them into simple 2-D animations. I mostly enjoy its simple-to-use panel, which allows me to click on a character, text field or shape, and then it lets me drag it to the slide, in order to create a unique 2 – D animation. Another great feature of this software is that it allows me to resize any character or text field with ease, by only clicking a couple times on the image. Forget Power Point slides and take your college or work presentations to the next level 

What do you dislike?

I don´t really like that Powtoon characters are really simplistic; if they were a bit more complex, this would also be a great tool for making quality animations. I also hate that I have to pay in order to use this software. Having said this, the annual suscription of $218 is worth it if you´re a heavy user of animated presentations , and it becomes a better deal if you realize the amount of time and effort that you´ll save when creating presentations and simple animations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powtoon will be a great tool for you if you´re looking to create awesome college or work presentations with the mínimum amount of time and effort that you could ever spend. For me, this is even easier to use than Power Point, and a lot more versatile. However, if you´re looking for a software that lets you create quality animations for small clips or complex cartoons, then this software isn´t for you.

Powtoon is helping me deliver quality presentations by only investing a couple minutes in them. Every business (personal or big) needs to deliver a clear message in order to catch the attention of prospective clients, and Powtoon helps me do that in a really short amout of time!

Powtoon review by Ramanth P.
Ramanth P.

"Clean and simple"

What do you like best?

1. Easy to use templates and interface.

2. Online editing and publishing capabilities

8. Background music and voice over capabilities

9. Collaboration on work

10. Great online support and a good social media presence with a closed group

11. Easy to share or dow

What do you dislike?

1. Way too cost for Pro+

2. No HD for Pro

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clean and easy

My customers now understand the process of my business easily.

They are sharing my work and it in turn increasing my subscriber base

I save a lot of time and effort to convey the same message by doing powtoon rather than conventional videos

Can be used for multiple languages for the same video

Powtoon review by Sandeep R.
Sandeep R.

"Best animation platform to create your imagination"

What do you like best?

Powtoon is easy to use animation platform which generally improving and provides various types of templates. It helps to create a video through your imagination. Powtoon is always ready to help their users and ask them for any suggestions to improve their functionality.

What do you dislike?

Many slides of videos make the program a little bit slow, and we have to regularly clear the cache for improving the speed of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, use a free version to ensure that this tool is suited your style and fulfill your needs or not. I am sure it will, and you will love this tool.

I use this program to create videos for my own marketing business, and it helps me a lot to explain business strategies to my clients to improve my business growth.

Powtoon review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY"

What do you like best?

NOTHING COMPANY IS TERRIBLE DO NOT USE.

What do you dislike?

Out of no where a bunch of free characters and props upgraded all the way to Biz accounts only! Making all of my PowToon videos I had already created completely useless! I just upgraded to a Pro account 3 days ago and spent over $200 and deeply regret it! Find another software to use the company has no respect for their users. A Pro account is entirely worthless now as they removed most of the features! I wasted 3 days of work and $200, to be screwed over by the company!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not getting unless you are willing to be get a business account for $700+ and still be screwed over by the company at any time

Nothing

Powtoon review by Douglas O.
Douglas O.

"Excelente trato de atención al cliente"

What do you like best?

Me respondieron rápido y me ayudaron a solucionar un problema que tenía. Aunque yo le hablé en español no tubo problemas de responderme, algunas otras compañías se hacen a los locos. Gracias Powtoon por ser así de ágiles.

What do you dislike?

No me gusto que cuando quize aprovechar una oferta y ya había vencido no tenía efecto retroactivo, pero también entiendo que así funcionan las ofertas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Creo que Powtoon puede llegar hacer una gran herramienta para cualquier tipo de ocasión. Yo lo utilicé en la universidad y ahora lo utilizo en el trabajo y creo que le enseñare a mis hijos a crear vídeos divertidos.

Preparar un contenido de marketing, que de otra forma tendría que pasarme otro par de horas en aprender otras herramientas de edición. Con un poco de práctica Powtoon es muy interesante.

Powtoon review by Rachna G.
Rachna G.

"Made 600+ Powtoons and loving it more and more"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the tool and the way the options are growing every single day. From the day, I started using the tool to till date, Powtoon is growing in terms of characters, props, and backgrounds.

What do you dislike?

I know the tool is growing but this is what I would be looking forward to:

- More expressions

- Ability to change colors of characters/objects to meet branding guidelines

- Ability to zoom in and zoom out

- Ability to edit voiceover inside Powtoon

- Ability to make gifs

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple and affordable tool for making animated videos, Powtoon is your only option.

I am using it for my agency - CrispTalks. We are delivering awesome videos to businesses and educators using Powtoon.

Powtoon review by User

"Super customer service!"

What do you like best?

Anytime in the past three years that I have had an issue, the customer service has helped right away regardless of the time of day--this has been such a relief coming from New Zealand. As an educator, the storyblocks and moving props make presentations more engaging and our Gen Z students look forward to viewing them.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see more diverse characters as I cannot portray all of the different students in our school yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth the upgrade for moving animation if presenting to Gen Z.

Being able to download the videos onto Schoology, our learning management system, allows students and parents to review the videos after our presentations in the auditorium. We will start using it for flipped learning entry tickets this year.

Powtoon review by Solona A.
Solona A.

"Great for explainer videos"

What do you like best?

The interface is intuitive and easy to use. It's easy to swap out characters or props and to change backgrounds. The audio recording feature is great. The software performs well the majority of the time. There are many export options, making it easy to preview and share. Customer support is fast and excellent.

What do you dislike?

The props and characters are lacking. There aren't enough music soundtracks 2:00 or longer and I wish there was the ability to change music halfway through the video.

Explainer videos for crowdfunding and for an online store.

Powtoon review by Matthew A. H.
Matthew A. H.

"A great service "

What do you like best?

What I like best about Powtoon is the community of its like-minded members and staff. Though many of us are separated by countries, I consider several as friends.

What do you dislike?

Powtoon is a continually evolving service. Because of these changes, glitzes arise now and again. Fortunately, their customer service is excellent and responds quickly to member needs.

I use Powtoon to create explainer videos for instruction and marketing. As a Powtoon Ambassador, I teach brain injury and cancer survivors how to tell their stories through video.

Powtoon review by Robyn D.
Robyn D.

"Great Customer Support"

What do you like best?

Really responsive customer support, as well as being thoughtful and thorough. They helped me with my export problem, even when it was determined that the problem was totally user error. Thanks guys!

What do you dislike?

The levels to the pricing seem steep, but the tool itself is pretty awesome so I kind of understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can go with Pro+ it makes a world of difference on the amount of content available.

Marketing videos that describe our services is what we primarily are using the service for.

Powtoon review by Administrator

"ABSOOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! "

What do you like best?

Creating promotional videos is extremely easy. They have templates that you can use to create a commercial that looks professional. You can add your own images (logo), music and audio.

What do you dislike?

They don't have an 800 number or agents you can contact via chat (they used to). Everything has to be dome via e-mail and it can be annoying. They get back to you right away, but it's very difficult to explain a problem you are having and getting the help you need via e-mail

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can hire talents (voiceover), get free music and have them create your video if you don't want to do it yourself.

Videos are a GREAT marketing tool to get the word out and expand your business.

Powtoon review by monica c.
monica c.

" It's fun and easy to use"

What do you like best?

This is a practical and easy to use mu creation software, its platform with new functions and updates that appear regularly in the system

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to add labels to the images so that I can easily find the ones I want to use several times and also when changing the size of the objects, both width and height change proportionally. It would be nice to be able to change only one, especially boxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

improve the way you render / download an mp4 file.

This software makes it very easy to put together a high quality presentation very quickly, saving time and money in the design work.

Powtoon review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Fun Marketing & Training Tool"

What do you like best?

I love the templates available in Powtoons that allows users to keep things easy and adjust as needed. Templates that are available help to keep the presentations clean and professional while snazzy and fun. All of our users enjoy these videos and forget they are learning something. I like that it comes with already approved and available music and tunes.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have an easier way to extend time per slide or reduce it rather than the drag feature on the bottom. Also the voice over can get tricky from time to time, but with use it becomes better - definitely not a feature to use for a beginner. It would be nice to have a collaboration account for one team to use, comment and assist others - I hear this is in the works, but not yet. We can always use more images. It would be cool to have a suggestion box for images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for beginners. It's awesome for an industry or knowledge expert that became a trainer as it helps to ensure that the presentations are short and on track. Keeping it simple and fun!

We are using Powtoons for mini training sessions and marketing. It has helped keep training to a fun video that is short and sweet. We are getting learners that are more receptive to these fun cartoons than a Camtasia video that can extend longer than it should.

Powtoon review by Raj M.
Raj M.

"Great tool for presentation"

What do you like best?

This tool is useful for animation and presentation. It provides cartoon animations which are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if this tool is able to provide more templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool provides a lots of attractive templates which helps user to design their slides and making their presentation better. So, this tool helps me a lot and I would like to recommend this tool for people who usually deals with presentations.

This tool provides cartoon animations which are very useful and fun to use. Apart from that, it enables user to make presentations in unique and dynamic way.

Powtoon review by Aditya P.
Aditya P.

"Amazing tool for animation"

What do you like best?

This tool allows to use various cartoon animations and it also has very good user interface. So, user can interact with this tool easily.

What do you dislike?

If more slide templates provide by this tool then it would be great. Apart from that this tool is superb.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool provides various amazing cartoon animations which are helpful. Apart from that, it is very useful for making presentations more dynamic and unique. So, this is very helpful tool.

This tool helps for making animations a.d also for designing slides for better and unique presentations. So, quite helpful for me,

Powtoon review by vaibhav p.
vaibhav p.

"Best tool for making presentations"

What do you like best?

This tool provides ease of use and also user can interact with this tool easily. It is helpful for making presentations in unique and dynamic way.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if it provides more slide templates. Apart from that, this tool is able to fulfill all my requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to recommend this tool for designing slides in unique and dynamic way and also to use various kind of attractive slide templates.

To make presentations effortlessly and also to use slide templates for slide design purpose, this tool helps me a lot.

Powtoon review by Xisco B.
Xisco B.

"Using Powtoon in education"

What do you like best?

In our school (Sant Francesc, Palma de Mallorca) we have started working with Powtoon, especially in English. It is giving us great results, they also give you licenses so the students can make their own videos.

It has a great support, they answer all your questions.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult for me to add my voice, I don't know if I need a microphone or something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powtoon will give you a point of distinction

Students very motivated and very positive feedback. I can send videos to work at home and they really enjoy

Powtoon review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Awesome Video Creation App that is easy to use"

What do you like best?

I can make great explainer videos or just small advertisements which I can then post on Social Media or add to my emails. It is fun and easy to use and they keep adding constantly new characters and props. There are so many options of different backgrounds including video backgrounds and many different looks from Corporate to Whiteboard.

What do you dislike?

There are at times issues with any browser that result in lags or unresponsive pages. This creates a longer timetable for me to finish the video. When you are on a tight schedule that is not a good thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to create easy explainer videos, this is a great way to do it.

Creating great Videos to increase customers and enable reach across social media.

Powtoon review by Digital Web T.
Digital Web T.

"Great tool for making animated videos"

What do you like best?

Thru Powtoon we can make a lot of animated videos, which can help us to make videos like a tutorial, explainer videos, the feature of adding voiceover is a good feature in powtoon.

What do you dislike?

We can not download a powtoon video, until we upgrade our subscription plan

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powtoon is a good tool thru this application any can make interactive animated videos for the promotion as well as the tutorial purpose

Thru powtoon we can make explainer video which is very helpful for our site visitors. This type of video give more engagement in our posts.

Powtoon review by Ryan L.
Ryan L.

"Love this software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and reasonably priced. The software drag an drop facilities make it easy to pick up and export onto a variety of platforms.

What do you dislike?

I have a limit on exports on my package (more of a "me" thing)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great starting point to create easy and engaging animations.

Creating dynamic and engaging social content.

Powtoon review by Anant P.
Anant P.

"Very helpful for animation and presentation"

What do you like best?

It provides various types of slides and also so many templates which allows us to make our presentation more dynamic and also it provides great user interface and very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

It is little bit complex and somewhat difficult to new user to interact with this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this tool for making better and dynamic presentations and also to use different kind of attractive templates.

It is helpful for making presentations more unique and convenient. Also it provides various templates which is useful for me.

Powtoon review by Rafea A.
Rafea A.

"Customer service packed with professionals "

What do you like best?

I'm a university student, presentations happen quiet often and my teachers have always loved my powtoon presentations and helped me score good grades. Its customer service proved to value its customers. They're quick to respond and eager to ensure every customer is happy and satisfied.

What do you dislike?

It's would be great if notification features could be added, that would give reminders for next invoices.

I am a student, so often I have to make presentations. Powtoon allows me to easily make creative and interactive presentations that has everyone engaged and allows me to better express myself.

Powtoon review by Aarav s.
Aarav s.

"Best place for developing cartoon animations."

What do you like best?

The various of Premade cartoons powered by powtoon is the best thing i like about powtoon.Also other things are great about powtoon like creating your own objects,better animations and much more.

What do you dislike?

I have used powtoon for about a year for developing demo ads for our games but yet didn't find a bug.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I greatly recommend powtoon to make great,enormous and fabulous animation videos with good cartoon characters.

We use powtoon to develop demo ads or cartoons for our games to attract more customers.

Powtoon review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Easy to Use and Customize"

What do you like best?

Drag and drop design makes it fast to complete videos for small teams or those without experience. I also like that it is super easy to copy a video and quickly edit it for social and vertical versions. Templates are very helpful to get started. You can save your own colors, logos, and more to make staying on brand easier.

What do you dislike?

Can be somewhat laggy depending on how many elements are in the design. Also, some templates seem to "drop" their objects when you try to use them. Makes extra work to go and replace objects with red x. The upload your images and content has been slow, so this software will be best if you have quality internet service. I wish there were more options for poses within each character.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch out for promo emails on deals for the professional or biz level to get access to other free objects, templates, etc. It makes it much more valuable to have these.

Having a small team makes video production nearly impossible without a tool like this. We can quickly create videos optimized for different platforms. It's also been helpful to craft versions of each video that are better suited to social platforms using either a square or vertical format.

Powtoon review by Ravi G.
Ravi G.

"Best tool for cartoon animations"

What do you like best?

It is very useful for making cartoon animations and also for making presentations in a efficient way.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about dislike because this tool is able to fulfill my all requirements effortlessly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is very user friendly and also very useful for making videos and presentations without any kind of effort .

It provides ease of use and also very helpful for making presentations unique because this tool provides various slide design templates which is quite useful.

Powtoon review by Jorge M.
Jorge M.

"Excelent tool for explaining a product or service"

What do you like best?

The easy to use I believe is the best feature that I like, since I´m not an expert on video editing. I{m an enterpreuner, developing a new product, and this is a great software for me to communicate in an alternative way.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have some more options regarding the characters / toons. But it´s just a detail, nothing too important. I have created several powtoons already, and all of them ended up being excellent. Maybe it could be usefull to have a paid plan for a particular work, so if I want a more profesional video, I could have that option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very recomended for enterpreuners who are looking for a economic tool to communicate.

I can explain in an alternative and creative way, something I want to communicate to my clients or users.

Powtoon review by Rakesh J.
Rakesh J.

"Great tool for animation and presentation"

What do you like best?

It is very useful for making presentations because it provides various slide designs. It also has already made cartoon animations which are fun to use and quite beneficial.

What do you dislike?

Nothing because this tool works efficiently and able to fulfill all my requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend this tool for making great animations and also for make presentation unique and dynamic.

This tool provides various cartoon animations which are useful for me. This tool also use for make presentation more dynamic.

Powtoon review by Urvik K.
Urvik K.

"Very flexible tool"

What do you like best?

This tool provides different types of templates which is quite useful for make presentation efficiently and also to make it unique.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if it would make video personalization more comfortable for user perspective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is very user friendly and also provides ease of use. One can use it to fulfill requirements.

It helps me to make my presentations more dynamic and also it allows me to use various slide templates for slide design.

Learning about Powtoon?

* We monitor all Powtoon reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.