Melbourne IT

3.2

Melbourne IT provides a complete portfolio of cloud-based technology services, including domain name services and web hosting.

Work for Melbourne IT?

Learning about Melbourne IT?

Melbourne IT Reviews

Showing 3 Melbourne IT reviews
Melbourne IT review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"Reliable but high priced"

What do you like best?

I like that this company provides me reliable and dependable web hosting. I've been with them more than 5 years and have only once had a blip in my service, which I think is a pretty good track record.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I pay $17 a month for a service that should be under $10 a month. I'm not sure exactly what this higher price is getting me but Ive stayed with the company this long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall the company seems good and their customer service is responsive. Good quality however on the high end of price, compared to similar products.

I solve the business problem of having web hosting and domain creation.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Melbourne IT
Melbourne IT review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Good, easy process for purchasing domains"

What do you like best?

Purchasing a domain name was easy and the portal for managing domains is easy, too.

What do you dislike?

They are more expensive than other companies and I'm not quite sure why.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Being in the U.S., you can purchase your domain names and host your websites with companies that have less of a timezone difference. Melbourne IT is a good company, and they were helpful to me. I just went with a U.S. company partially because of location but also because the cost to renew my domain name was about $40 less.

I needed to have a domain name and was new to the online world. Melbourne IT was rated high so I purchased through them.

What Domain Registration solution do you use?

Melbourne IT review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Easy to obtain more than one domain in little time"

What do you like best?

It was was easy to apply for a domain name and they promptly sent confirmation.

What do you dislike?

There was some confusion after they sold our domain to tucows in 2016, but it was cleared up without too much fuss.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fairly easy to obtain multiple domains. Not too expensive. Our domains were transfered to tucows in 2016

We use the domains to promote continuing education meetings for medical professionals.

There are not enough reviews of Melbourne IT for G2 to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

GoDaddy Logo
GoDaddy
3.8
GoDaddy offers everything you need to make a name for yourself on the Web, from domain names and website builders to complete eCommerce solutions.
Google Domains Logo
Google Domains
Here's how easy it is to get online.
namecheap Logo
namecheap
Domain names, SSL and hosting
Afternic Logo
Afternic
3.5
Afternic is a domain marketplace where domain owners can list their domain for sale, and prospective domain buyers can review available inventory.
Network Solutions Logo
Network Solutions
2.9
Network Solutions pioneered the service for creating and acquiring specific "web addresses" (known as domain name registration), and today offer a full range of Web-related services. In addition to domain name registration, we offer Web site design and hosting, e-commerce solutions, online security products, and search engine marketing and optimization.
GoDaddy Email & Office Logo
GoDaddy Email & Office
3.7
When you sign up for Professional Email, every time you send @your business.com emails, you're getting your business name and website out there.
GoDaddy Domains Logo
GoDaddy Domains
The most successful businesses use the same set of words and images in all customer touchpoints – on their website, in their emails and order confirmations, on their signs, etc. This is branding at its simplest. And the digital pieces of your brand all spring from your domain name.
Register.com Logo
Register.com
3.4
Register.com has built a reputation as a leading provider of global domain name registration, web site design and management services. Register.com is also an award-winning business web hosting provider.
Hover Logo
Hover
Get the most out of your domain name with Hover.
HugeDomains Logo
HugeDomains
3.2
HugeDomains is a domain reseller offering premium domain names.

Learning about Melbourne IT?

* We monitor all Melbourne IT reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.