LexisNexis Newsdesk® Reviews & Product Details

What is LexisNexis Newsdesk®?

LexisNexis Newsdesk® is our flagship media intelligence solution that helps you easily and comprehensively search, analyze, monitor and share market intelligence, all within a single tool.

LexisNexis Newsdesk® Profile Details

LexisNexis Newsdesk® Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish
LexisNexis
Description
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is a global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes.
1970

1-50 of 55 total LexisNexis reviews

LexisNexis Newsdesk® Reviews

1-50 of 55 total LexisNexis reviews
C

"Excellent media monitoring! "

What do you like best?

The news monitoring is excellent. My favorite part is that I receive daily alerts and LexisNexis provides licensed content as well, so I know I am receiving all of the content. There's also unlimited search, sources, and geographies. It also sends everything in real time, unlike other services like Meltwater.

What do you dislike?

It is a little tricky to use. I wish it were more user-friendly. It was difficult for me to figure out how to set up my alerts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great product! I can tell that it's far superior to other tools. It increases productivity and saves time, because the search results are delivered to my email inbox and I don't have to comb through Google to find what I need.

We gather daily alerts for our clients and keep track of the news more closely. It's so helpful to have all of the information delivered to my inbox in real time.

Vice President
Public Relations and Communications

"Unmatched media monitoring"

What do you like best?

Newsdesk is very easy to use! Detailed analytics provide at-a-glance data about the performance of search terms, key messages, company spokespersons and reputation management campaigns. LexisNexis provides the most comprehensive licensed content, as well. Search is relatively simple and intuitive. And the customer service can't be beat; they are always there to help troubleshoot, set up a new search or dashboard, or train new users on the platform.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see more customized templates and non-Boolean search options. But other than that, I'm very happy with the tool.

LexisNexis provides our comprehensive media monitoring services. In addition, we use this tool for competitive intelligence and to identify reporters or media outlets with which our clients should align. It's a great way to stay on top of what's happening in our clients' industries.

Managing Director
Consumer Services
(Myself Only)

"Best tool ever for media monitoring - unlimited search"

What do you like best?

Unlimited Search, sources and geographies unlike Meltwater or Carma that we have been using in the past that make you pay per keyword per region,

I also like the Dashboard and newsletter/ alert showing results in real time

I also like the versatility of the solution to do more than just monitoring a press release but do so much more not only in the communication space but accross all departments

What do you dislike?

the design of newsdesk could have been better, they could have made it closer to the actual standard but doesnt change anything regarding the content (print and online) or all those bits and piece that make this a great tool

Recommendations to others considering the product:

once you start using Newsdesk you can realize how much you can do, not only for PR but for so much more.

our legal department use it to track regulations

our Supply chain department use it to monitor our third parties

Marketing use it, Sales use it and obviously our communication too

We are using newsdesk for more that what we purchased it for

- Competitor analysis

- regulation tracking

- press coverage

- research

- new business

- internal newsletters

- reporting

"Great Way to Stay Plugged into Legal News"

What do you like best?

I like this because it is more focused than competitors on legal issues. I do not know how useful this would be to people outside of the legal field or recruiting, but this within these fields this source is amazing! Unlike something like Google alerts, you can actually use this to analyze results and keep better "tabs" on whatever issue you are looking into.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is not included with other Lexis packaging and it is an add-on.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that people using this need to be aware that this is great for keeping tabs on legal news and is great for analysis. I think that it covers enough information to be useful if you work for a company that is keeping tabs on individuals who are being named general counsel of companies to news about current trials.

This solves the problem of just getting spammed with alerts and then having to use another software or program to organize the information. LexisNexis Newsdesk lets you organize what you want on the front-end, and then helps you actually sort through and analyze data.

UT

"Strong database and affluent customer serv"

What do you like best?

Being able to use Boolean operators and limiters, such as date range, to produce more focused results.

It has a very wide news and publication coverage around the world, which is good when you need to monitor a wide range of issues/news.

Also has a very affective search engine and can find relevant articles easily

What do you dislike?

Accuracy of some of the information was off. It seemed as though some fields had the wrong questioned answered than what was provided.

LexisNexis Newsdesk is helpful in finding negative articles about dubious goings on within the businesses (e.g., scandals involving pension plans, personnel under investigation for possible crimes). We were able to compile bibliographies of news articles and print out the full text of the articles, then submitted results to the agency that awards the businesses. The agency was then able to evaluate whether the business nominated for the award was truly ethical and worthy of receiving the award.

"Overall Great Service"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and easy to use even if you are not familiar with Boolean searches. There is huge variety of articles from all over the world and with different subject matter, so you are bound to find what you are looking for. It is also very organized and easy to save/send what you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

This service is very expensive and only a limited number of people can use it in one office. Also, only a limited number of articles can be saved. Super useful, but may not be worth the price to a lot of companies.

In the newsroom we call it “lexis-ing” someone or an organization. We run the name through a Lexis search to dig up dirt and see what kind of article or news story to write about it.

"LexisNexis NewsDesk. "

What do you like best?

Media intelligence is key to staying abreast on your company and its competitors. We use it to review tons of raw data points into Succinct and concise information and data that we can then share and create graphs and charts in whatever parameters desired.

What do you dislike?

I don’t have many complaints with the profgramme since it performs well and permits me to quickly research and obtain the information that I require. If I had to voice a complaint it would be the aggravations associated with my password.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its easy to use

Benefits are researching what is being said by nedia regarding our business and using that information to correct misconceptions and development of leads for testamentary inclusions in supporters Wills and Last Testament.

AH
(10,001+ employees)

"Using LexisNexis Newsdesk in higher education"

What do you like best?

Excellent daily reporting and links to audio and video. I have it set to report three times a day to my email and it has often allowed us to react quickly to reporting that requires our attention.

What do you dislike?

I have not figured out a good way to eliminate all repetitive reporting. There are also results that come from allied institutions that use part of our name, but aren't us. Hard to figure out how to eliminate that noise.

Thoroughly monitoring media hits. It captures more than any other tool I have used.

"The Next Best Thing "

What do you like best?

LexisNexis Newsdesk is an innovative and efficient program that can be used to piece together and deliver news. Compared to its competitors, Lexis Nexis holds up and keeps up with today's constant changes. The programs offers media analytics and social media monitoring. A great plus is that it offers legal professionals insight with cases, broker deals and gain clients.

What do you dislike?

Software can be sometimes laggy and a pain to start up. Programmers need to fix the frequent glitch problems the software has.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are new to media analytical programs do not let that deter you away from Lexis Nexis. The program offers support from professionals who will help you.

Program helps users find, analyze and share critical insights.

Reporter
Publishing

" Very helpful "

What do you like best?

All of the LexisNexis functions are helpful, advantageous and fits in with what I do. I am on Lexis Advance itself daily and find it a valued adjunct to my role a a journalist.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, everything is helpful, unaware of any dislikes

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutly use it

Finding needed info on stories I am filing.

"Highly Recommended Media Monitoring Software"

What do you like best?

LexisNexis Newsweek not only has excellent customer service, the system is bery user-friendly from the setup to its search engine.

The system has an excellent global news and publication coverage range, giving you the ability to monitor a wide range of unlimited news stories.

What do you dislike?

Being a small business owner, the pricing is a bit extreme for older articles.

The main problem I was able to solve was on-demand access to international news.

Law Clerk
Higher Education

"Lexis Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it makes a tedious job of research more efficient and less painful.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it seems a bit hard to understand all of the functions it offers. Lexis generally has been more confusing then competing research tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would just spend extra time reviewing the website and getting comfortable with it and then you won't feel so confused and flustered while trying to sort everything out.

It has decreased the time I spend thumbing through different outlets and websites for market information.

Marketing Mgr

"Always confident"

What do you like best?

The system is extremely user friendly. I have to train people on the system and they catch on quick, which makes my work easier!

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find a feature I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Skip the check on other programs. This is the one for you. Very reliable,

We know, from the start, that we are posting accurate data and do not have to second guess our information. Peace of mind for sure.

"Applicable and Reliable"

What do you like best?

You can tailor to your professional needs easily and you always get the most updated and reliable news right to your homepage. You can use the Lexis site to connect to relevant sources on particular topics and you can easily find links to ongoing stories.

What do you dislike?

There’s nothing really to dislike. Lexis nexis and related apps are fairly high cost, but they can be very helpful. Particularly in the legal profession, depending on what area you practice in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use and navigate. Reliable reporting and good for finding additional sources and following developments.

Research and staying up to date on changes in legal issues and applicability.

UB

"LexisNexis Newsdesk software"

What do you like best?

This software is amazing for companies to monitor social media and news that's happening right now. It's also great to stay on the same page with coworkers as it makes sharing alerts and newsletters super easy and accessible for everyone.

What do you dislike?

There is no specific complaint that I have about LexisNexis Newsdesk software. LexisNexis is a great brand in general.

This software is great to not just stay up to date but stay up to the minute on news that's happening right now. The Newsdesk software allows users, companies, groups and businesses to connect and see content in an easy manner.

Owner/operator
Public Relations and Communications
(Myself Only)

"Practical and efficient"

What do you like best?

This is a versatile and user-friendly program that keeps time-waste to a bare minimum (there is no way to manage the inevitable lag between needing/sending information and it reaching its eventual destination).

What do you dislike?

There is no real problem with this program. Like most LexisNexis products, it is functional and practical.

I use it to send and collect information and it performs admirably.

Lead Production Assistant
Broadcast Media
(10,001+ employees)

"My experience with Lexis Nexis has been positive and useful. "

What do you like best?

My experience with Lexis Nexis has been positive and useful because I am able to look up information I need to further pursue a story I am working on.

What do you dislike?

Lexis Nexis would be more helpful if there was additional criteria to narrow down the person I am looking for by business or other factors

Provides access to contact information for potential story subjects.

"Great research tool"

What do you like best?

A very thorough and concise way to obtain research and news information. Every source you could need is in one place.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be intimidating to learn at first. I signed up for a training through my work though and have been able to navigate much easier since then.

I need to do research for the development of television programs and this is a very handle tool for me for this purpose. It also is invaluable when it comes to fact checking the script for our research team.

Adjunct Professor
Higher Education

"Great tool used to develop thesis"

What do you like best?

What I loved about Lexis Nexis was using it as a tool to develop my thesis. It was easy to search and exactly what I needed for data.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that the CMS interface looks a bit outdated.

LexisNexis Newsdesk solves the issue of finding enough data useful for research and development.

Photographer
Media Production

"Complicated at first; easy after use"

What do you like best?

There’s so much to be in control of that it helps make the tasks at hand quick and simple.

What do you dislike?

Because there is so much that you’re free to control, it takes a while to learn this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You’ll love this program

Getting information and copy to the public faster. Benefitted us by cutting time of stories going live.

PR Intern

"Unique, quick, and informative in one. "

What do you like best?

I enjoy how easy LexisNexis is to access and how a multitude of people can easily access it.

What do you dislike?

I don't enjoy the fact that the filtering scheme for LexisNexis is difficult to use.

Market Research and benefits are that there are a multitude of topics on anything I research.

UP

"LexisNexis"

What do you like best?

Lexis Nexis is an amazing product and can be used in so many aspects of the day today.

What do you dislike?

Lexis Nexis can be hard to learn as there are so many different aspects but once you have learned it is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research and make sure it is a product you really need. It takes a long time to learn how to use.

it has added and streamlines multiple processes that would normally take much longer with multiple different ways.

"Useful Tool"

What do you like best?

LexisNexis is a very useful tool in researching both topics and people. It gives a national look at an affordable price, going more in-depth than many research tools when digging into public governmental records and records on the web.

What do you dislike?

The tool could be more comprehensive in terms of what it includes so you know what has already been covered when researching a tropic.

It helps in doing journalism research. It helps to dig into topics more easily, thoroughly and in a more reliable way.

Global Threat and Risk Analyst
Internet

"Public affairs assistant at pentagon"

What do you like best?

We used Lexis Nexis at the Pentagon and it is an excellent news source!

What do you dislike?

The database if information is sometimes hard to search

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great resource

We used the system for current events information.

Project Manager
Publishing

"Pleasantly surprised "

What do you like best?

Loved that its easy and very secure program to use for legal research. Great for lawyers.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really that i disliked when it comes to this program that comes to me.

Research for media office

"A big help "

What do you like best?

Really gives you a big picture overview in a really convenient and easy to use fashion. And the insights that I receive are second to none. They really have a very vast trove of information from which we can select.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software can be slow to load and sometimes there can be a lot of tabs to navigate.

Instant information

AP

"Good way to find print content"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate search results, advanced search, speed with which print hits are uploaded and searchable.

What do you dislike?

Advanced search could have more parameters.

Easy way to find print sources in one place. I can't have a subscription to every print outlet that my clients might be mentioned in, so this is a good way for me to keep track of the hits in outlets that I don't receive physical copies of.

"Still the One, After All These Years"

What do you like best?

I first used LexisNexis as a research tool before there was Google, and it remains a reliable brand and resource.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced any weaknesses at this time, but I haven't completed a real deep dive yet.

In our highly political and slanted world, LexisNexis retains its true north position, and I find I can count on it.

UP

"A Quantitative Researchers Best Friend"

What do you like best?

I appreciated how simple it made my research process. All of my news articles were easily accessible.

What do you dislike?

I did not dislike anything about it. The thought of it was overwhelming, but in reality it was pretty simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that it is helpful for businesses and also students and professors!

I needed to find news articles for a quantitative research project for an internship.

UL

"More than what I need, but great all the same."

What do you like best?

It covers what I need out of the product. Works seamlessly with Lexis’s other product offerings. Easy to use.

What do you dislike?

A bit of fluff to navigate through, as a few features I don’t ever use. I may try calling customer support to see how I can become more efficient to make the most out of the product.

Historical information research.

UE

"LexisNexis"

What do you like best?

I like the wealth of information I receive when we are releasing a film in terms of social media data.

What do you dislike?

Would love for the search settings to be able to get more specialized.

We can analyze the social media bandwidth on a films's release, which is really helpful in terms of how we target social media advertising.

UG

"Easy interface overall, but difficult to set up search queries"

What do you like best?

The lay-out of the software is very clear and pleasant to look at.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to set up specific search queries.

Easy way to monitor the news.

Associate Producer/Writer
Broadcast Media

"GOOD EXPERIENCE "

What do you like best?

ABILITY TO SEARCH FOR GUESTS WE ARE INTERESTED IN BOOKING

What do you dislike?

HARD TO FIND PEOPLE SOMETIMES. WEBSITE DIFFICULT TO MANEUVER

LOOKING FOR GUESTS INTERESTED IN BOOKING FOR SHOWS

"The best way to monitor media and share research"

What do you like best?

NewsDesk is easy to set up and has a broad reach through global publications. Sharing research findings is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

The system cost and limits on licensed articles can be challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it!

NewsDesk has allowed me to share research findings with colleagues around the world, making collaboration much more effective.

Emerging Reporter
Media Production

"Love LexisNexis"

What do you like best?

Best is the accessibility of the program.

What do you dislike?

I wish the program was easier to understand from the beginning.

Use this system to research.

"Easy to use search parameters"

What do you like best?

I like that you can find an exact spelling for a name, or a similar spelling.

What do you dislike?

I wish this could draw data from Facebook, and social media type sites.

LexisNexis helps to find people who we need to report on when we only have a name, but no further information.