Kashoo Reviews & Product Details

Kashoo Overview

What is Kashoo?

Kashoo 2.0 is a time-saving accounting application that automates bookkeeping tasks for small business owners. Using machine learning, Kashoo categorizes and reconciles expenses with bank and credit card transactions, and provides accurate, complete, and real-time reports in one-click. In addition to automatic reconciling, Kashoo also provides OCR and receipt-matching. Simply drop an image of a receipt in the Inbox and Kashoo will automatically match it to a transaction. The platform also includes smart Invoicing that will match deposits and payments to customer records. Kashoo allows for multiple users and user roles, making it a collaborative platform for the small business owner and the accounting professional. Items that need review and are not reconciled are viewed in an Inbox, where you can categorize and provide more information as needed. Kashoo provides everything a small business owner needs to run their business. Get set up with Kashoo and get a year’s worth of data in reports in 10 minutes or less.

Kashoo Details

Kashoo Reviews

Showing 99 Kashoo reviews
Already have Kashoo?
Illusionist
What do you like best?

Kashoo is easy to use and the mobile platform is simple. The included categories for all your transactions make it a great accounting software for a small business owner. Also, being able to specify specific categories that work for my business is so handy. Reporting at tax time is a breeze. In fact, this year my tax guy accepted their reports with hardly any changes necessary. Their customer service is fantastic and very responsive. It also might be a simple thing, but the color scheme that Kashoo has chosen to implement makes it very appealing and non-threatening. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that some of their terminology made more sense. Some of the choices they made in their lexicon are quite confusing. Additionally, some extra training on best use of the system would go a long way! I also wish that they were moving more quickly with implementing 2.0 into their mobile app. That would really help me as I travel around the country with our show. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Kashoo can do some amazing advanced things but it will not overwhelm you with the items at hand. I am currently using the 1.0 version of the software and it is great 2.0 looks like it is even more amazing - once they have mobile available for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We run a small business with some unique needs. I needed an accounting solution that was not quite as full-featured as Quickbooks but more advanced than a simple homemade spreadsheet. Kashoo fits the bill! Additionally, I needed something that would be flexible and agile with my travel and work schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplistic of the user interface and the ability to get to where I need without trying to remember or work around bugs is refreshing. It just works, and does what it needs to do. I had tried another company, but I think they are too Quick to release their software, and it has become too complicated. I like the efficiency of Kashoo in making my life easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We still use FreshBooks for the actual project timesheet and invoice creation and submission to clients. The ability for customers to access and track their invoices works well with FreshBooks. It would also be good to enable invoices issued by other Kashoo companies get loaded automatically into our account (including attachments). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the defaults that Kashoo provides and you can be up and running quickly and effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to track our invoices received and payments made, while your accountant can further manage our books with their access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Propriétaire
What do you like best?

Easy to use and fast tool. It took little time to setup (from an accounting standpoint) and works on all platforms (mobile, windows & mac). Since it's cloud-based, works from everywhere I go. Very stable platform, I haven't experienced downtime for more than a couple minutes and rearely more than once per year (probably due to maintenance). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app doesn't yet support businesses which have multiple currency transactions. This is something they're aware of and are working on. I've been using this for 9 years, new features are far between. I wish there were more external integrations, as well as a visual editor to produce custom styled invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, you'll love it. Even if you're not well versed in accounting, the layout makes for easy management of your business accounting. For more complicated entries, I've simply relied on a quick call to an accounting firm and took care of the entry. So even more complex entries are well handled. Use the mobile application to understand the full potential of Kashoo. There's a new revamped version soon to be released that will include better dashboards and automated data entry, so look forward to this. Their online webinars are totally worth checking out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a small business owner, I need to be able to take care of my accounting whenever and wherever. Kashoo allows this. I don't have any formal accounting training, so I needed a software I could easily learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President (909) 800-5616
What do you like best?

I like the all in one platform that is very reasonably priced. I am able to track and keep up with all transactions that are done through my business. It also links to my business bank account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think there should be a smoother way to download transactions from bank account to the program. It should be as easy as simply clicking a link. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare it with your other choices and contact Kashoo to answer any questions before you purchase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My biggest benefit is the accuracy and timeliness of my business transactions. I know if I am making money right away and can get rid of expenses that are decreasing my profit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Kashoo is very intuitive and easy to use even if you do not have any accounting experience. And if there is new challenge, the FAQ and support team provide the understanding I need. I particularly like the linking of transactions from my Banking institutions making recording very easy and organised. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot really think of a downside. Works well for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool if you are an entrepreneur or small business owner. Easy and quick to use with powerful output tools for the on the go business person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Kashoo helps me feel organised and on top of my business and taxation requirements. It's very automated and simple to use and easy to get needed reports at the press of a button. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Writer/Editor
What do you like best?

Kashoo is easy to use. It's easy to invoice my clients by sending them invoices directly via Kashoo. It's recommended by my CPA and the reports make him happy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am using Kashoo 1.0 and there is no way to export my current data into the new 2.0 version. As a result, my review only reflects 1.0. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Kashoo daily to keep track of my business income, expenses, and invoicing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Kashoo is a very friendly cloud based accounting tool. It is very easy to set up and start tracking your transactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Kashoo's reports are not on par with what other cloud bases accounting systems are able to offer. The view of the reports are different from others so it might take a little time to get used to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool and very inexpensive when compared to other products . Small business needs are easily met with this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Basic book keeping can be met easily with Kashoo. It helps handle multi currency transactions as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Kashoo is a cloud based accounting software with an intuitive interface that allows multiple users to view or edit data anywhere. No software maintenance required! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

More flexible reporting capabilities that allow me to generate a financial report using a user defined template; support web-based version on iPadOS safari such as no right-click on a transaction required to duplicate a transaction Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Greater productivity with an easy to use closed based accounting software; no software maintenance required! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy access from anywhere with no software installed and multiple users access mean greater productivity, saving me hours of maintenance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Technical Lead (Program Manager)
What do you like best?

Kashoo is my every day need to mange my great work load because I was maintain all of the data manually right form billing to manually drafting the graphical view of the business strategies and their outcomes. But kashoo smart inbox has made my work very simpler no I can easily check out the pending works and I have the good idea about the transparency of my ongoing processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is very limited in its integrations with other similar tool, which makes its less effective in terms of diversity and due to this issue we have faced many issues. We are unable to send the information of the receipts to our authorities via emails but we are compelled to use its inbox which is sometimes not convenient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very effective and easy to implement tool and it will help you a lot in dealing with all day accounting and also it will equip you with amazing features so that you can handle the finance as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is now very easy for me to handle conversations in the inbox and I always remain up to date about the generation of t hr receipts and now billing is not at all difficult for me to handle. It has simplest interface where I can always find the right tool for my work. I can even save the reports by date and time thus it is very effective in term of report generation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

- Out-of-the-box features while fully customizable

- Amazing documentation

- Excellent service and online help in almost real-time

- Integrations to Payment Evolution

- Multi-currency support

- Made in Canada! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Lack Android app - to scan receipts

- Lack integration with TransferWise

- Invoice templates design needs face-lift for 2020

- Not aligned with GIFI codes for accounting (why?)

(though you can add your own HTML) - and maybe this was fixed in Kashoo 2.0 - as many featured were added

- New version 2.0 lacks support for Multi-currency (coming up, they said!) - so unfortunately I can't migrate from Kashoo 1.0 ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Kashoo is the best alternative to Quickbooks/Freshbooks out there,

if you are ok with the drawbacks listed - you will not regret!

Their team has been extremely helpful not only for technical questions - but also

for some Accounting best practices.

We haven't tried migrating from another vendor, though I am sure Kashoo's team will help you on that.

If you are choosing your accounting software for the first time - say bye bye to Quick books and the other crap out there - and say hello to Kashoo! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was able to complete a full-cycle of business accounting - including tracking costs and expenses, equity, balance sheets, income statements and preparing T2.

Also there is an integration with Payroll.

Perfect for small (and big?) -business accounting.

Holistic solution with reasonable pricing.

There is some learning curve for small-business owners - but it has done the job very well for any given scenario. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO/President
What do you like best?

It is Simple compared to Quick books and other software. Costs less as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't connect with my bank, which means I have to export the file from my bank and import it into Kashoo. Also, there is no android app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is much easier to use than traditional bookkeeping software, Priced right and does teh job Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Cost and the effort of doing bookkeeping, and the simplification of a complex accounting system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

I had no previous bookkeeping experience but Kashoo has been very easy to use without a big learning curve. The online help chat is always available and everyone is very helpful. My accountant is always happy with what I provide from kashoo. The various report options are also great to review. I enjoy the various online training seminars. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could change font sizes/styles easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The biggest thing I like about Kashoo is the live chat. And if after hours, I receive an email the next morning solving my problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can keep track of multiple businesses in one area and quickly track finances. Kashoo has taken the stress out of bookkeeping for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Representative
What do you like best?

I can quickly enter receipts and the price is right Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Trying to reconcile my accounts can be tedious Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m just trying to keep track of my spending. It works well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the multicurrency option of Kashoo. I am using Kashoo because I got it as a lifetime deal. My business is very small and Kashoo works well for now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Phone app does not work for multicurrency accounts. The bank accounts that I have do not link to their system so I have to upload expenses.

UI is old, could use an update. Graphs representing where revenue is coming from or compared to last year would help a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I now keep track of all revenue and expenses. Gives me a clear picture of where I am at financially and if I am falling behind compared to the year before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Officer
What do you like best?

The simplify of using it. Getting stuck and remaining fed up in the bookkeeping is no longer daunting. It is easy to implement too. In minutes, I were able to add my bank accounts. I even tried to put in purchases worth a couple years, and it also don't have to type something automatically. There are indeed options to export and upload data from your accounts, but I also doesn't need to. I like it learning how to couple your transactions, too. This will eliminate the majority of manual work. Very nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find many of the fields tough to find, except for when servicing, there's a short email option, for example, that's gone and the phase could have been more standardised, easier to get from the invoice creation to sending emails to customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think the user-friendliness is awesome and help is a talk or email away and I find the Kashoo team answering queries, comments or even ideas for items. Also, the ability to raise and send an invoice from anywhere in minutes is a total time saver! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I could do all of thier accounting, and go where I am on the run. It doesn't mean that I'm very at home station home station catch up on my cash flow, because I travel a fair bit. This also appears to work really well me across multiple independent currencies, that normally involves far more costly solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
What do you like best?

I love how easy Kahsoo is to understand for someone who does not have any back ground in business management or accounting. I can easily keep track of our expenses in specific categories and creating invoices is so simple. Anytime I need help I call and never have to wait very long to talk to someone and one of the major reasons for choosing Kashoo was because of the amazing customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about Kashoo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're considering trying Kashoo, just do it! You won't regret it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I switched from quickbooks to Kashoo and I just love how much more simple it is set up and I feel it is more user friendly. Printing reports has never been easier at the end of the year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Physical Therapist
What do you like best?

I like the way it is organized and user friendly. As I'm not an accountant, I learned along the way and Kashoo made it pretty easy. I love that all my business accounting is organized now! I like that they make changes and upgrades all the time. They are really into helping you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although it's happened a lot less now, sometimes the program is a glitchy. I can't remember what the problem was... I think it was the links to card... Everything has been working well this past year. Sometimes my CC links get disrupted or I have to go an refresh my banking when I sign on. Not a big deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving my poor organization habits!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & CEO
What do you like best?

The UI/UX and the stats which are being calculated automatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of integrations and accounts synchronization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bookkeeping Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to set up my books Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had automatic pre-fill for common occurring transactions, and wasn't real happy with their price hike.... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out, and see for yourself how easy it is! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

An easy way to keep track of expenses and reconcile bank statements Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO & Founder
What do you like best?

Kashoo was actually my first accounting software. We just started a corporation and got a great deal. I've been slow to watch all the videos, but I must say, the more I get the hang of it, the easier I realize it is. Also, the support has been great. I've had multiple talks with them to go over everything. Plus, they're a Canadian company so proud to support them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Like any software, the only challenge is getting to know how it works and what goes where. I'm new to having a corporation, so know what expenses are what, etc, is my biggest challenge. But this is the easiest way to do it for sure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Watch the videos and ask for help if you need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving the problem of being disorganized with my income and expenses. Now that I have a corp, I have to be better at keeping track of everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Film Editor
What do you like best?

The ease of use. It's not longer overwhelming to get caught up and stay caught up with your bookkeeping. It's also easy to set up. I was able to attach my bank accounts in a few minutes. I was also able to bring in a years worth of transactions, so it didn't have to enter in anything manually. There are also ways to download files from your bank and import data, but I didn't need to do that.

I also like that it learns how to pair your transactions. It is able to automate most of grunt work. Really nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like more options with customizing my chart of accounts. I'm trying to add account numbers, but not sure if I can change that. I need to contact support. If that is something you need, be sure to ask support before making the plunge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a simple solution to bookkeeping, then Kashoo is for you. If you're a power QB user, this probably won't have everything you want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used to procrastinate when it came to entering receipts and that would snowball into delaying my statement balancing, which would turn into a big headache at tax time. Now, with the auto import and AI pairing of transactions, etc, it makes the whole process extremely easy. I love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Simple without all the bells & whistles, and is easy to use, which is most important for me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It has the capability to automatically download my statements but doesn't auto-connect to my bank yet Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is pretty straight forward, and cost much less than Quickbooks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bookkeeping for my company. It is easy to use and takes much less time to reconcile my books. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

Automatic bank account sync and upload monthly and remembers similar recurring transactions to save having to input every month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

a new format takes getting used to as everything was done manually prior to Kashoo Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

condensing all accounting for my business to one platform, monthly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative
What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the app. I was able to set up a multi-currency account, connect my accounts, add some clients and start creating invoices. Apart from that, I now just login every few days, allocate any expenses to the right areas (if it hasn't already automatically done it) and then carry on with my day! Talk about making life easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they don't have an android app, they have an Apple one, it's confusing why they are against it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would love to see more customisable email templates. The ones provided are great, just a little plain. Also the multi-currency totals can sometimes confuse me, perhaps simplify that a little? Thanks! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is great for money management for clients and business expenses. Saved me a great deal of time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Many features

Auto import bank statements

Duplicate bookings

Awesome support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A little learning curve, but still better than Quickbooks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their support will help with accounting questions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accounting, taxes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.