CloudBerry Backup

CloudBerry Backup

Cross-platform cloud backup software with file system, image-based backup with SQL Server, MS Exchange support, built for cloud storage: Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage,

Work for CloudBerry Backup?

Learning about CloudBerry?

CloudBerry Backup Reviews

Showing 250 CloudBerry reviews
CloudBerry review by Alejandra B.
Alejandra B.

"Cloudberry backup is attractive, and has many security options"

What do you like best?

What we liked most about cloudberry backup is undoubtedly its good capacity to create differential and continuous backups without the platform collapsing. It has been quite helpful for us to be able to store emails and multimedia content. That just shows how versatile this software is. We like its ability to integrate with platforms whose management is based on the cloud, and how well we can program the copies to be synchronized with the cloud at a certain time.

What do you dislike?

We are annoyed that you do not have enough options for the archiving of web pages, nor for the management of access to backup copies. No electronic discovery system does not allow remote servers to be operated. A problem with cloudberry backup is that it does not integrate with collaboration software. It would be quite useful to be able to export videoconferences live. We also did not like your limited data deduplication tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a service that we can recommend with total security. Cloudberry backup is full of excellent alternatives so that our backup management is as detailed and professional as possible. We like its integration with external hosting services.

Cloudberry backup has greatly helped to make our backup management more organized and practical. Now our copies are much safer than before, thanks to its improved encryption system in cloud security, and it has also been an excellent tool for the complete restoration of documents (BMR).

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about CloudBerry Backup
CloudBerry review by Irene J. S.
Irene J. S.

"Great file backup service in the cloud."

What do you like best?

Cloudberry is a great tool, to have a backup of all our files in the cloud, is a service that allows you to create all kinds of backups without any problem, in our company as it happens in large companies, the telecommunications market, we have a network of servers in different hosting sites, and apart from that they are in well-known sites and with high levels of security, we needed an extra application that would allow us to have a backup also of this type of services, in case of something strange could happen, with this tool we can easily make backup copies of the images of the systems that on these servers, a complete image is created, with all the necessary information, to execute it later and almost immediately in a matter of minutes.

What do you dislike?

something I would like this tool is that it is compatible with other local and web hosting services, especially with a hosting service, where we have a large number of files, and we can not even connect automatically with CLoudberry, I reserve the name of this application for advertising terms, but it is a hosting service well known to everyone on the web, and I would love to be able to make backup copies of the file libraries and documents that we have in this service, just as there are few things that should be improved, but it is always good, to make periodic updates of your software to get the best performance from it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great service to have a backup of files and servers, it is an application, which offers very good features of backup copies, and covers almost all the necessary areas of this type of tasks, it really is a highly recommended application, and they are few negative things that can be said about it, since it works well, for what it is designed.

It is a tool that allows us to have double security, our files and the information that is on our servers, really being able to have backup copies of the operating systems on our servers, it is something essential, which gives us a little more privacy in case of that something has gone wrong, as responsible for this type of work in our company, I feel much safer, when telling my bosses that everything is fine, and that if something happens, it could be solved in minutes.

What Server Backup solution do you use?

CloudBerry review by Thomas v.
Thomas v.

"Comparing backup software"

What do you like best?

The VSS snapshot and the aligned and nice GUI. Its easy to implant azure, never did it before and all was good the first time.There is alot of options including to make a bootable usb to recover a fulll system state.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing, i had some other solutions before but they were missing a few things like VSS. Only thing im now missing is to view current processed file and time calculation. This could be cause its the first big upload do. Maybe with incremental backups it will show it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product does what it promise. VSS snapshots are good, didnt recover it yet so i will need to wait untill the computer crashes to give my opinion on this, but for sure the files are the most important and its working greater then other product i tried.

Automation of VSS snapshots and files and folder to azure cloud storage

CloudBerry review by Isabella M.
Isabella M.

"CloudBerry Backup the best alternative for the backup of our data"

What do you like best?

CloudBerry Backup is undoubtedly one of the best software for the backup of my data in the cloud that I have been able to use, due to various reasons such as: it allows to support many storage providers in the cloud, among which Amazon is included. S3, Amazon Glacier, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Storage, also compresses and encrypts data before they leave my laptop or desktop by transferring it securely to the cloud in real time or through scheduled backups. It is incredibly flexible in terms of configuration and storage options, the interface is quite good, at least compared to the competition because it is intuitive and versatile that make it easy to use and as if it were not enough, it is also possible to detect ransomware which is a really incredible caracteristic.

What do you dislike?

until now I do not find any negative dimension that is relevant to name, since in my opinion it is a quite complete software, very easy to install, configure and use and with a support team that is highly efficient

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend CloudBerry Backup to any user who needs to keep all their information secure by backing them up in the cloud at the provider of their choice by means of end-to-end encryption

CloudBerry Backup provides me with a solid plan of personal support of absolutely all my data, which is extremely important since being a software developer, I manage a lot of data and information relevant to the company, and knowing that all of them are safe is really fantastic , because if there is any failure in the servers I have a very fast restoration.

CloudBerry review by april a.
april a.

"CloudBerry Backup the best alternative for the backup of our data"

What do you like best?

After having tested a long list of applications for the backup of my data, I have come to the conclusion that CloudBerry Backup has been the best of all. since it is the perfect combination of an intuitive interface that makes it easy to use, speed, efficiency, unprecedented flexibility, backup of files, images and hybrids to even the server, with many storage destinations to which you can connect, including popular services such as Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Backblaze and OneDrive, among other features. It is important to note that it is not the typical backup solution in the cloud, but a backup control center that works with cloud storage providers, which makes it really fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Until now I do not find any negative characteristics of which I should complain about this great software, since being a professional in the area, I had no inconvenience when installing it, configuring it and making my respective backup copies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend downloading the free trial version before acquiring the license of CloudBerry Backup, because although it is true that it is an excellent software without doubts, it is better to verify if it adapts to the needs of the user who implemented it.

since we started to implement CloudBerry Backup in our work routine we are much more relaxed as we know that if at some point you get to present a failure, we can recover all our information without any inconvenience thanks to this great software.

CloudBerry review by Omid R.
Omid R.

"Presently the cleanest backup solution"

What do you like best?

I tried several system image backup solutions and CloudBerry seems to be the most flexible and the cleanest backup software with intuitive UI that unlike many of the other ones are not dumbed down to attract novice users. You feel in control of what you are doing with your files and with your backup plan.

What do you dislike?

Here and there I notice English mistakes in the UI such as using "operation system" instead of "Operating System" or "by security reasons" instead of "for security reasons", that I think come from translations to English. English is also my second language, but seeing these in an enterprise software makes me wonder if there was no person in this company who could spot these grammatical mistakes.

I need the peace of mind that I can restore my systems quickly in the event of HDD crashes, which happens not rarely. The average age of a hard disk is about 5 years and so every hard disk is just waiting to fail and take all the data with it. Knowing that I'm protected against data loss allows me to focus better on my business.

CloudBerry review by Fred B.
Fred B.

"Cloudberry Backup hits the sweet spot for personal backup"

What do you like best?

Having used many of the paid personal PC backup apps (Acronis, Arq, ShadowCraft, CrashPlan, etc etc), I have found that Cloudberry Backup really does provide the right combination of ease of setup, understandable options, and flexibility of targets. In a short amount of time, I now have a full image based backup AND a more normal granular backup saved to both local and cloud. The Hybrid Backup is a perfect system for a simple backup plan. In my case, cloud goes to Wasabi for cold storage, but still easily accessible.. Yep, I say go for it.

What do you dislike?

Maybe a bit of better setup help, up front, of Image Based vs normal backup & block level vs not, as it applies to cloud services like Wasabi. After I had a backup all set and running, I did found this discussion in their online articles. I'd say ideally, since these options have quite an influence on data sent and stored, one should study the online FAQ and docs first.

3-2-1 of course

Cloud storage independent of backup vendor

Painless setup and monitoring

CloudBerry review by Nikolas M.
Nikolas M.

"Excellent Cloud Backup Suite for MSP"

What do you like best?

Tons of integrations, full featured backup software (Hyper-V, ESXi, Exchange, SQL, File, Real-time, etc.). Great MSP features and integrates very will with our RMM tool (NinjaRMM) and PSA (RepairShopr). Ability to backup to multiple destination is great. Also offers recover to cloud and bare metal recovery solutions.

What do you dislike?

Branding was a bit tedious to get set up, but otherwise everything was pretty smooth and easy with our partner setup. The interface is a bit dated, but it does offer all available features. It can take a bit of getting used to to navigate through the interface, but once you are everything is there, but things could be slightly more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a great product for any MSP or service provider. Whether you're set up directly, or through a partner. I would highly reccomend this as a solution.

Needed a reliable, affordable, and easily managed backup solution for our commercial MSP clients. This has allowed us to provide top level service, along with excellent reporting for our back end accounting and billing process. Current solution did not over VM-based backups or cloud recovery options.

CloudBerry review by Alexey P.
Alexey P.

"Cloudberry Backup is a great backup tool, both for home use and for businesses."

What do you like best?

The tool is very flexible, it supports a lot of various cloud storage providers as well as traditional options such as local storage, network shares and FTP servers.

What do you dislike?

Backup versioning policies are sufficient but could be more sophisticated. For instance, it would be helpful to have separate frequencies for different time frames, i.e. I'd like to keep each version of file for a latest 30 days, then one daily version for the next 30 days, then one weekly version for the next 90 days etc.

I use Cloudberry backup both at home(desktop version) and at work(Hyper-V backup version). It performs very well providing us a peace of mind when we are sure that our critical data are backed up to several cloud storage endpoints.

Desktop version I use at home also performs very well providing real-time file backup.

CloudBerry review by Ken S.
Ken S.

"Cloudberry Backup is Awesome"

What do you like best?

I love the easy to use User Interface and the way it guides you each step of the way with helpful tips on most screens. I use it to back up to Amazon S3 Cloudberry is great! It’s fast, efficient, and it just works! With it we can control everything including our own encryption, storage provider (on Azure or many others), scheduling, etc. for our business instead of going to a cloud not under our control. Cloudberry also supports file backups or full images. Cloudberry is extremely efficient at CPU & Drive usage and scheduling actually works. I like that I know what is going on with Cloudberry!

What do you dislike?

Only one issue: 1 issue, we had it set to Unlimited Threads, which was the amount of connections it made at first was locking up the old router at this location which was limited to 768 connections. Easily adjustable under the setting for the backup!

Automated backups from my Server to Amazon S3 daily

CloudBerry review by Elle M.
Elle M.

"Unreliable and slow backup system"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the file versioning, which in theory should allow us to retrieve older versions of files, and files that have been deleted.

What do you dislike?

CloudBerry Backup is so awfully slow. For example, this week I simply wanted to delete backup storage from a removable hard drive, and the task is still running days later. It was only less than 500 GB of data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend trying the free trial before using CloudBerry Backup, and checking if the performance works for you.

We installed CloudBerry Backup in the compliance department to make additional backups of files, and to have a 'time machine' style backup where we could retrieve older versions of files or files that had been deleted. However, we've found that it is so awfully slow, that CloudBerry Backup is virtually unusable.

CloudBerry review by Loren L.
Loren L.

"Excellent product!"

What do you like best?

- The flexibility of using several different cloud-based backup services is a big plus - you're not tied into the same cloud service as your backup software vendor.

- Ransomware detection - if the software detects a change in encryption status, it holds off on backing up files until an administrator confirms that it's OK to proceed. In the current climate of using backups to combat ransomware threats, this is a really great feature.

- Scheduled or real-time backup - you can schedule block-level backups, or automatically back up whenever changes are made. Again, a great feature to protect against ransomware threats.

What do you dislike?

I have no real complaints with the software. I am an IT professional by trade, and had no issues with installing Cloudberry Windows Desktop Pro backup, getting a cloud storage account set up, and backing up data to the cloud storage account. That being said, I probably would not recommend this for a non-IT professional to use directly - but it would be a great selling feature for a consultant/reseller to add for an additional revenue stream, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download an evaluation and give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

My cloud-based backup service that I was using on my office PC discontinued its service offering. I did some searching for current cloud-based backup recommendations and found Cloudberry. My costs on a monthly basis for cloud storage will be dropping by at least 50% by taking care of that side of things on my own, in concert with purchase of the Cloudberry Windows Desktop Pro software.

CloudBerry review by Jas B.
Jas B.

"Ditched Acronis True Image Home for Cloudberry Backup. Best decision I ever made. "

What do you like best?

Your product is amazing. I was previously using Acronis True Image Home. I had no visibility into what the Acronis software was doing during backup and restore operations. For Acronis their online backup was not available when it came time to restore, and the data that was there was incomplete. I was locked into using Acronis only for online backup and there was no way to egress data to another cloud target from Acronis.

I slowly moved through all my Acronis backup images and converted them to VHDX files, and then got rid of Acronis altogether. I got an account with Wasabi for cloud storage, as well as got myself Stablebit Clouddrive and Cloudberry Drive software so I can mount additional cloud targets as a drive letter.

With Cloudberry I get a full dashboard which gives me full visibility of activity, and doesn’t reduce me to a dumbed down progress bar only. The software let's me know what file is being worked on. The granular control your software provides is exactly what I needed and is refreshing to see.

Cloudberry backup provides realtime, constant backup to the cloud. Acronis does not provide this.

What do you dislike?

-Drive imaging is not included in the basic license. There is no intermediate license so that imaging-only can be purchased as an addon. I worked around this by backup windows native backups to the cloud instead.

-It could use more cloud targets which are S3 compatible such as Storj and SIA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy the full license. Get cloudberry drive and Stablebit Cloud Drive and use that to run more cloud targets as a drive letter.

-Avoiding vendor lock-in

-Avoid data loss caused by vendor lock-in to a single cloud target

-Avoiding restrictions of only being able to back up to only one cloud target

-Avoiding poor support and buggy software provided by Acronis

CloudBerry review by Ishai James B.
Ishai James B.

"A great backup solution for large amounts of data"

What do you like best?

A number of things. Very easy to use. A ton of features. Reliable. Version control. Ability to schedule backups. Ability to set up a drive to backup twice - first to another drive, then to the cloud.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. This products meets my expectations and there has been no downside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to do frequent backups, have complicated backup needs, need version-checking on your backups, or need to backup to a hard drive and to the cloud - I would highly reccomend CloudBerry Backup.

I am a video editor and have around a dozen terabytes of data. I need to backup everything twice - once locally, and once on the cloud. Cloudberry has been the best solution I have found for this. To backup this amount of data, you want to avoid re-backing-up files if they have not been changed since the last backup. Cloudberry will check to see if something has been modified, and skip it if it has not.

CloudBerry review by Andy N.
Andy N.

"Backup solution for my most valuable files - my personal data"

What do you like best?

I am also a refugee from CrashPlan. One can argue Cloudberry is better than Crashplan because a) you can choose your storage provider and b) it does image backups. It does its work while maintaining reasonable ease of use (CrashPlan was “reasonable” as well; though there is no avoiding some basic backup concepts) and, when rolled together with an economical cloud storage provider, is cost effective. Oh – it works: I already had to recover some email files.

What do you dislike?

Cloudberry runs as a Windows service (set and forget) with the option to start up the Windows app to monitor what is going on, make adjustments, and recover files. One thing I miss from Crashplan is a “light weight” Windows tray icon that visually shows the service is in fact running and uploading files – while not a big deal, the icon just adds a level of assurance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keeping your backups safe and secure is paramount. “Trust no one”. Cloudberry offers end-to-end encryption – my files are encrypted on my computer before being uploaded, and are being kept on a business-class cloud service of my choice (Amazon S3 in my case – and very straight forward to set up). I feel safe.

I can’t say that I am realizing a business benefit per se – but, as our personal digital assets grow and paper files become increasingly dated (thank goodness!) – a rock-solid personal backup plan is essential. Cloudberry coupled with a cloud storage provider of my choice gives me a back-up solution that is flexible, secure, economical, and – once set up – “just works”.

CloudBerry review by Thomas F.
Thomas F.

"Great Product - So simple its scary!"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of it. Set it up and let it go. I was amazed at how simple this was and the peace of mind that came with the knowledge the backups were taken place and our data was safe in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

Some of the more complicated backups like O365 mailboxes or O365 sharepoint its not as readily accessible of easy to get rolling. But we are in contact with cloudberry now getting that resolved and their customer service is A1

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it !!

We weren't doing back ups. We are a small non-profit with no paid staff. We ar e100% volunteer, so to be able to backup our work so quickly ha been great !

CloudBerry review by Sacha B.
Sacha B.

"Switching to Cloudberry from other Cloud Backup System"

What do you like best?

Switching to Cloudberry from Carbonite.

What do you dislike?

Only 1 issue, we had it set to Unlimited Threads, which was the amount of connections it made at first was locking up the old router at this location which was limited to 768 connections. Easily adjustable under the setting for the backup!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended as I've been in IT and Development for most of my life. 34+ years of experience!

Backing up with AES encryption years of private research and development!

CloudBerry review by Brian R.
Brian R.

"Backup solution for small non profit organization"

What do you like best?

I'm a refugee from CrashPlan. I like that I can choose my storage provider for backups and can easily backup to more than one online storage providers. While this review is for the non-profit with a Windows desktop client I would not have used CloudBerry if they didn't also have a Linux client (which I use on my personal computers)

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. It is feature rich enough for my needs. I would like to see deduplication feature on the desktop client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to give a try. Google Drive is one of the easiest storage solutions to test with but is not a good long term solution.

When I took over my current role, the backup solution was accounting data on a flash drive that became corrupt shortly after I started. No other backups were being done and none offsite. The big issue that CloudBerry immediately solved was offsite backup.

CloudBerry review by Andreina P.
Andreina P.

"Cloudberry backup offers different kinds of backups "

What do you like best?

We think that cloudberry backup is an excellent initiative. This platform is full of useful tools for the creation of backups, being these completely customizable. It should be noted that the platform has a lot of capacity, so we can create copies of very heavy files. We like your multimedia storage tool. Actually it is excellent to archive content such as photos and videos, and then share them. We also liked its integration with the azure platform.

What do you dislike?

Cloudberry backup does not have an electronic discovery system. Nor can you back up electronic signatures, or archive emails in databases. We do not like their system of access controls, since these have turned out to be very poor and not very customizable. Its tool for creating continuous backup copies takes a long time to create them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A platform of the caliber of cloudberry backup was just what we needed. It has helped us solve a large number of backup copies of different types of documents. In addition, their payment plans are quite advantageous, since they offer varied prices depending on many factors, such as the equipment on which you plan to work. We recommend it.

There are great benefits with a platform like cloudberry backup. First, there is the fact that the system transfers the data to the cloud completely in real time, and in an automated way. That's perfect to save time. Its disaster recovery function has also been very useful for us.

CloudBerry review by Michael B.
Michael B.

""CloudBerry Review""

What do you like best?

Cloudberry is a great tool, to have a backup of all our files in the cloud, is a service that allows you to create all kinds of backups without difficulty. It is unimaginably adaptable as far as design and capacity choices, the interface is very great at any rate contrasted with different items since it is natural and flexible. Cloudberry Backup truly provides the correct blend of simplicity of setup, reasonable choices, and adaptability of targets. It is additionally conceivable to recognize ransomware which is an extremely unbelievable trademark.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing in the negative dimension that is pertinent to name, it is a very complete programming, simple to introduce, design and use and with a help group that is exceedingly proficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the event that you have to do frequent backups, have entangled backup needs or need to backup to a hard drive and to the cloud. I would exceedingly recommend CloudBerry Backup.

CloudBerry Backup gives a reliable support plan for our data. I deal with a great deal of information and data significant to the organization, and realizing that every one of them are protected is extremely phenomenal, in such a case that if there is any disappointment in the servers I have a quick reclamation instrument CloudBerry which is critical in order to maintain a strategic distance from information misfortune.

CloudBerry review by Sandy K.
Sandy K.

"Everything I need in a backup solution"

What do you like best?

I just switched to using CloudBerry and finding it a great fit for my needs. I encrypt files at the desktop using my own key, then store to an encrypted Amazon bucket to ensure security, and CloudBerry provides me with that level of flexibility. For files requiring less critical security, I can forgo the desktop encryption and store straight to AWS or other cloud storage.

What do you dislike?

The backup plan options are fairly complex (which is a feature, of course) but may be a bit intimidating for a non-technical user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good trial program: test it out before you buy. I like the control over my encryption keys.

CloudBerry provides a highly secure backup where I control the encryption keys. The graphical interface is nice.

CloudBerry review by User

"Simple, Effective and Great Value"

What do you like best?

I'm a heavy Amazon AWS user, and do a lot of development work. Keeping my files backed up is critical but unfortunately most backup solutions only let you integrate with their cloud backup services and not 3rd party providers like AWS, Azure, etc. This significantly brings the cost up for most backup solutions, and of course, they want to charge you a monthly or yearly subscription at a hefty cost that you could otherwise get with AWS at a fraction of the cost per GB. Cloudberry Labs solves that problem for me, and I only pay to AWS what I actually use. It's a no brainer.

The other really nice feature is throttling the bandwidth. This has proven to be pretty good for me especially when I'm under heavy internet traffic - it won't just suck up my entire bandwidth.

What do you dislike?

A few inaccuracies in the UI, but nothing major. For example, I set up a continuous backup to S3 and under the main dashboard it says that the file count is 0, the size is 0 and duration was 00:00:00. But when I dig into the job it shows everything that was backed up and at what time.

Backup to 3rd party clouds like AWS, S3 and GCP.

CloudBerry review by Charles S.
Charles S.

"Cloudberry Backup Ultimate is a complete solution"

What do you like best?

Very fast backup, able to produce both Images (system and disk) and also files and folders, numerous backup options, straightforward to use but sophisticated, state of the art options as well. Can be used with many different cloud providers, fully customizable.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing that I have found that I dislike. Perhaps some of the more advanced features could be more simply explained. But for the most part, these are fairly easy to comprehend. I have yet to be able to configure the notification system (informing by email when backups complete) but think that just requires researching it a bit more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Ultimate Edition if you are storing over 1 TB in Cloud-- unlimited storage. Otherwise, Server or Pro editions for smaller backups.

Ongoing cloud backup, database backup keeping revisions. Ongoing daily, weekly and monthly backup/updates to the local computer as well. Preservation of system images for future deployment.

CloudBerry review by Luiz Eduardo M.
Luiz Eduardo M.

"Arguably the best!"

What do you like best?

I work in the area of Ti for more than 20 years and I have been looking for a backup tool that could be part of my cases for a long time. When I came across CloudBarry Backup, it was love at first sight: ease of integration with any type of storage, excellent compression, encryption, and a speed that has not encountered competitors before.

All this still with the best cost benefit. Support actually exists and is extremely efficient.

Remedy and sign below!

What do you dislike?

Particularly so far I have not found anything that detracts from my use of the software.

Excellent value for everything they deliver. The support really exists and they treat you with all respect.

CloudBerry review by Brian U.
Brian U.

"Cloudberry Backup great for personal backup."

What do you like best?

It is easy to set up and use. There are many options for backing up. I back up to a local external disk every two hours so I have a copy close at hand that can be easily grabbed in an emergency. I back up to Amazon Glacier every night for off site backup. It supports a huge number of cloud storage systems. It is almost entirely fire and forget, set it up and have piece of mind. And now it has ransomware prevention features.

What do you dislike?

My biggest gripe is that if you set the service up to email you if there is a problem with a backup, it can't email if the backup service itself is offline. Once in a while (rarely but it happens) the Windows service crashes, stopping the backups from running, but of course then it can't send a problem email if it doesn't run at all. I wish they would have a separate service that checks if the first service is enabled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cloudberry support is eager but inexperienced with consumers. They have a more enterprise focus. But they are knowledge able and friendly and I only ever had to call them once. It is just an all around great product.

Off site backup.

CloudBerry review by Scott E.
Scott E.

"A great fit for advanced personal or business use"

What do you like best?

It is great to have the ability to perform either file or image-based backups. It is imperative to have my systems accessible quickly in case of an outage and the ability to retrieve from an image backup is necessary. Previous companies I've utilized, like Acronis True Image, have corrupted the image based backups and broken cloud connectivity. Luckily I was not in a system down scenario when this was discovered.

What do you dislike?

They have attempted to make the process as straightforward as possible, however, it still has a couple of quirks in configuration that would be difficult for the layman to understand or work through without some study.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare your needs with your RTO and RPO to this product and similar products before purchase.

Backing up image based locally and to the cloud with ease of retrieval are the primary items that this helps to address.

As an aside this could be a great alternative to some of the larger image-based backup providers that I use for myself and for clients.

CloudBerry review by Davi M.
Davi M.

"Best Backup Solution"

What do you like best?

It allows the use of any of the large cloud service platforms, has a wide range of advanced settings options.

I used Code 42 CrashPlan to do my backups, but CloudBerry Backup turned out to be a much better and more complete solution, the ultimate point that made me change my backup software, was the ability CloudBerry Backup has to back up using Azure Blob Storage Archive, which allows me to store my backups at a very low cost.

One of the features I really enjoyed was the ability to prevent Ransomware.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the limitations that each edition allows to manage, 200 GB for the Free edition and 5 TB for the Pro edition is too little, nowadays people have many files, especially photos and videos that consume a lot of space, I believe that the Free edition should allow at least 1 TB, and the Pro edition at least 10 TB.

Another point that may be a bit negative is that the richness of advanced options can be too complex for people with less technical knowledge.But for me it is perfect to have all these options, I believe that a simplified Wizard should be created for simpler users.

I have had some problems by error in Azure, and CloudBerry Backup was unable to resolve itself, although I got help from the technical support, I believe the system should evolve its ability to solve some errors on its own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion it is the best backup solution available in the market today, the real-time backup feature is very good and ensures a perfect backup of frequently used files.

The need to have a notebook backup has been completely resolved with CloudBerry Backup.

CloudBerry review by Benjamin C.
Benjamin C.

"Great backup solution"

What do you like best?

After the discontinuance of Crashplan Home I trialled a number of backup programs with the intention of using Backblaze B2 for storage. CloudBerry was easily the best because it is extremely flexible, allows fine control of settings, clearly shows the details of each backup plan, backs up fast, and just works. Judging by the version history it is also under active development with useful new features being added regularly.

What do you dislike?

From a home user perspective the complexity and numerous steps involved in creating a backup plan or even restoring a single file may be a disadvantage. However overall I think the flexibility of the software justifies this complexity, and it will not concern enterprise users.

It would be nice to have a grandfather-father-son type retention system available, and I understand this is coming. It would also be good if the software made it clearer what changing the retention settings on an existing backup plan would do - whether they would be applied retrospectively or only prospectively.

Effective backup solution

CloudBerry review by Alexandre L.
Alexandre L.

"Excelente solução de bakcup"

What do you like best?

É fácil e intuitivo de utilizar, rápido, seguro e oferece a possibilidade de utilização de vários serviços de armazenamento e na núvem.

Utilizei o CrashPlan por muitos anos e até então não havia encontrado um substituto à altura. Pois o Cloudberry substitui e é muito melhor do que o Crashplan.

Gostei também da forma de comercialização de licença vitalícia com pagamento único sem mensalidades ou renovações anuais.

What do you dislike?

Ainda não possui uma regra para excluir os arquivos vazios (0 bytes) do backup e toda execução termina com mensagem de erro porque foram encontrados arquivos vazios. Então o Cloudberry deveria permitir criar uma regra para filtra e excluir estes arquivos do backup ou parar de gerar erro quando estes arquivso são encontrados, pois exige que diariamente seja conferido o log para entender o erro e verificar se alguma ação precisa ser tomada.

Registrei este problema no suporte e espero que seja corrigido na próxima versão.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Se você era um usuário CrashPlan Home, o Cloudberry é a melhor solução para substitui-lo.

Estou conseguindo guardar cópias de sergurança e versionar os meus documentos. Além disto, estou aproveitando as áreas obsoletas de alguns serviços de armazenamento que tenho conta (OneDrive e Google Drive por exemplo) para armazenar o backup de arquivos mais importantes.

CloudBerry review by Darlan V.
Darlan V.

"O mais perfeito programa de backup para arquivos"

What do you like best?

Ja utilizei vários programas de backup ao longo de anos e o Cloudberry é o que mais se aproxima da perfeição.

Fiz o comparativo entre Acronis, KLS, Macrium, Easeus, CrashPlan, Virtos, Goodync, Norton Ghost, Syncback Pro dentres outros e todos eles apresentou algum problema, seja na hora de fazer o backup ou na restauração, a maioria não possui o versionamento de arquivos que para mim é fundamental na hora de fazer o restaura de arquivos perdidos.

Então o Cloudberry foi o mais completo e eficiente que encontrei, foi o único que apresentou todos os modulos que eu precisava e por esses motivos passei e indicar e implantar ele em todas as maquinas de clientes.

CloudBerrys tem uma ampla gama de destinos de backup são definitivamente o ponto chave aqui. Eu tenho avaliado o software contra vários concorrentes durante um longo período de tempo, e este é, de longe, o melhor em termos de flexibilidade e opções de backup.

O fato de eu poder dividir meus diferentes backups em diferentes armazéns na nuvem e local é sem comparação (bem, depois que o CrashPlan eliminou seu serviço Home). Nem tudo pertence à nuvem, mas nem tudo pode ser armazenado em casa também

What do you dislike?

Não gosto da cobrança por quantidade de espaço que o backup utiliza que acaba sendo caro no Brasil (que cobra muitos impostos na conversão da moeda).

Recommendations to others considering the product

O melhor de tudo é a solução de versionamento de arquivos, que possibilita o restauro de documentos apagados ou modificados ao longo do tempo.

CloudBerry review by Rafi R.
Rafi R.

"Not reliable, but great set of features"

What do you like best?

CloudBerry Backup promises that it can back up to many different forms of storage - hard drives, cloud storage, FTP storage.

What do you dislike?

We found CloudBerry Backup to simply not work. It crashes frequently, or pauses. It takes up ridiculous system resources and doesn't do what it was intended to do. On top of this, the licence is yearly for maintenance.

We intended to use CloudBerry Backup to make system images of our file server, and backups of the files themselves. The benefits of being able to back up to removable storage and cloud services would have been to ensure we always had backups of our data, but it didn't work out that way.

CloudBerry review by Steen Kjøng P.
Steen Kjøng P.

"The all-in-one backup soultion you need"

What do you like best?

CloudBerrys wide range of backup destinations are definately the key point here.

I've been evaluating the software against several competitors over a long period of time, and this is by far the best in terms of flexibility and backup options.

The fact that I can divide my different backups to different cloud and local storages is without comparison (well, after CrashPlan eliminated their Home service). Not everything belongs in the cloud, but not everything can be stored at home either.

What do you dislike?

Could be the lack of a cloud service, but as I am fully capable of finding a cloud provider myself (CloudBerry also helps me with this) it's no concern for me. It could potentially scare away the average home user, however this is more of an enterprise-like software after all.

This will be used for home backup. But drawing a parallel is easy. Critical files exist at home as well as in a business. Making sure that data never dies, is ransomewarenapped, suffers disk failure and much more - the use case is the same!

CloudBerry review by Dylan B.
Dylan B.

"Cloudberry Desktop"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, I was previously using Imperius Backup and decided to make the switch as Cloud berry did everything I wanted and gave me a smooth GUI to track how far along my backup was. Supports everything I need in a small business and is great to go from the NAS to the cloud with ease.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to find where to change the backup type, but with a little look around there isn't an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a deep look into the trial. Very easy to set up and get running in no time.

Being able to automate my backup to a NAS drive and the cloud has proven invaluable.

CloudBerry review by Harrold L.
Harrold L.

"So easy with extensive features"

What do you like best?

I'm just a personal user looking to keep my hard drive content safe. I was relly confused getting it all setup but Cloud Berry made it very easy for me. I can se up one backup to do monthly and another in real time. What more you need its perfect.

What do you dislike?

There were some issues with getting it to select an external HDD to backup from. It would auto unselect and use my internal SSD.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the most easy cloud backup software. The install wizard does everything for you.

My work data is stored safely in the cloud so if my laptop breaks I can always access it in minutes from another station.

CloudBerry review by Edward G.
Edward G.

"Best Backup Software Hands Down"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and array of services. The backups just work. The ability to restore from the cloud portal is a great value add. Creating backups from the remote console adds another layer of convenience.

What do you dislike?

At this point I can't say that there is anything wrong with the product therefore no dislikes here, but for the sake of non bias reviews I will say that the cloud interface sometimes can be a little difficult to read.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Product does what it says and if you want to implement a quick and effective disaster recovery plan this is the right product to us.

Restoring from bare metal/VMware to EC2. Restoring files has been made simpler by allowing the user to connect to their site and restore versions of their files. This has helped us tremendously as the team focuses on other areas rather than taking time to restore single files for users.

CloudBerry review by John T.
John T.

"Nice product with glitches but not show stoppers"

What do you like best?

Full 256-bit AES support with the "TNO" model and supports compression are key features for me in this product. Great UI, detailed enough to satisfy power users but not overly complicated to get in the way. There are well designed tabs that allow for quickly viewing the status of backups and restores. It has a Microsoft Office feel that is very easy to use while still covering all of the features and functionality.

If you're looking for a solution to backup to Backblaze B2 then look no further. Sure, there are nicer software packages out there but they either A) cost a LOT more or B) don't support the Backblaze B2 service. After trying a handful of alternatives it was easy to select this product.

What do you dislike?

As with any software solution, there are drawbacks and CloudBerry Backup is no exception. However I still highly recommend this product even with the below mentioned items.

Item #1 – There is an artificial "storage limit" imposed on the software depending on the amount of money you have paid for the product. Note that they do NOT offer actual cloud storage and this is a self-imposed limit on their software. That’s understandable for the *FREE* product but certainly not for the paid ones. Said limit is not mentioned on their product page with all of the other features, and when you request an increase to the limit they ask you to post a review (which is why I'm here). I feel this is shady business on their part for not clearly disclosing it and then asking for free publicity to raise an artificial limit.

Item #2 – Difficulty editing backup or restore plans or even restoring files. Let me explain. When modifying a backup or restore plan, it isn’t possible to edit a single aspect. Let’s say you need to change your encryption key or file select. That requires going through the entire list of options (next, next, next, next, next, finish) to change a single aspect of the configuration. Same for restoring files, I can’t easily restore a file without going through a dozen mouse clicks. It shouldn’t be that difficult.

Item #3 – Product stability. Upon first setting up the backup, I received an odd error with restoring files with the encryption key (copy/pasted from a password manager). However, when changing the encryption key to exclude more exotic special characters the issue went away. The GUI has an odd glitch with the close/maximize/minimize buttons; they appear to be from the Windows XP days while the rest of the GUI matches the underlying OS. Also there is some screen “flashing” and odd CPU use when backup tasks are initiated and in progress. This is on a fresh windows VM running no other software so I am left to believe that it’s specific to this product.

This isn't for business use, this is for home use, ergo I am not solving business problems with this product.

CloudBerry review by Shane C.
Shane C.

"Finally, a robust backup solution that is also intuitive!"

What do you like best?

The GUI is very easy to navigate, various options are fairly obvious and easy to find (intuitive).

The wizard to create a plan is very simple:

Choose the files\folders you wish to backup

Choose where (Local, Cloud, Local+Cloud)

Choose schedule

Done!

There are more fine-grained options within each of the steps above, allowing further detail such as encryption, compression, number of versions of each file to store, length of time versions should be kept, etc

What do you dislike?

I dislike the Linux GUI, looks several iterations behind the Windows application. That said, it is still far and away better than any other tool I have found. Just compared to its Windows variant, it is lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple to implement\simple to manage data backup\recovery solution, look no further.

I wanted a simple method of syncing my files to a local drive and to a cloud service. Whether it be Amazon, Google or Microsoft.

This tool does just that, and more.

Benefits:

Peace of mind (priceless)

CloudBerry review by Chad L.
Chad L.

"CloudBerry for MSPs is a great choice!"

What do you like best?

The web-based management portal is very feature-rich, including the ability to remotely monitor backups, add/edit/remove backup & restore jobs, and start/stop backup jobs. License procurement and distribution to client systems is also made super easy through the management portal. Having central management and reporting of all of my clients' backups has been a huge time saver versus having to remote control their computers to make adjustments. I also get a summary email daily that shows all of my clients' current backup status I have a quick daily snapshot without needing to log into the portal. Lastly, the ability to brand the backup software with my company name and logo is easily done in the portal as well.

What do you dislike?

Currently when you deploy a new client, there is a 15 day trial period before the product needs to be registered. It would be nice if that trial period was 30 days instead of 15.

I needed a cost-effective backup solution for my clients, as many of them are individuals and small businesses who need to keep their costs under control. When CrashPlan decided to discontinue their Home products, which were very cost-effective, I needed another solution for my clients. Cloudberry has allowed me continue servicing my customers with an even more feature-rich backup software platform than CrashPlan offered.

CloudBerry review by Oscar d.
Oscar d.

"CloudBerry is a great cloud backup product"

What do you like best?

CloudBerry has the ability to make real time backups using Windows VSS and it is fast and reliable. It is very easy to use and configure and uses very few system resources. It has the ability to notify by email of everything or only of the errors, this makes any sysadmin comfortable and always informed about what is happening.

The GUI is really friendly and you may control how many system resources should be used.

You may add more services than you can imagine, my favorites are Amazon S3 and Amazon Glacier because I think those two are cheap, although I maybe would think about adding SugarSync as it is another robust backup cloud service.

Great, great product.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that each version has a unclear GB (or TB) for backups for lifetime and that information is not very clear on their website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay close attention to the version you need.

Although I am not using in real business, as a techy home user, I makes me forget about all my NVR backups forever and rest assure that they are backing up on the cloud for a whole year. I now by email exactly if there is something wrong with my backup, which in fact, it never is, always works as expected.

CloudBerry review by Tomáš M.
Tomáš M.

"Versatile backup software with straightforward user interface"

What do you like best?

CloudBerry offers wide variety of backup targets and configuration options that let me adjust it so it fits exactly with my needs, without making automatic decisions for me. Using it with Windows Azure lets me saturate my internet connection and finish the initial backup very quickly, without using too much CPU and memory locally (a problem I had with some other solutions).

The development team also seems to be quick to implement support for new features in backup destinations soon after they appear, in my case using the new Archive Blob tier and I didn't currently find any other software which would let me experiment with those features.

What do you dislike?

Despite providing no storage space, there is a total backup size limitation in all versions but the Ultimate, and although it can be increased significantly on request, I'd like a licensing option with no limit, but without all the advanced features of the Ultimate version that I'm not interested in.

I'm using CloudBerry a backup for large, but mostly unchanging files to cold storage: video footage, 3D scans, photos and other project files.

CloudBerry review by Tomas E.
Tomas E.

"Versatile Backup Solutions"

What do you like best?

The number of backup options available. You can back up to almost any thinkable scenario! This becomes a great tool for IT Professionals which need to provide service to multiple clients. With just one tool you are covered to provide solutions to your clients no matter what service they are using.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be a little more intuitive, and network backup a little more speed. I do notice that some times network backups over wifi might take some time. Also a feature for image differential backup would be increible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an IT Service Delivery this is the right tool, if you are a home user you are much better off using a tool like Acronis True Image.

Multiple, from my home backup to muy clientes backups either for permanent storage or for migration backups.

CloudBerry review by Ryan B.
Ryan B.

"Great tool for SMB"

What do you like best?

The user interface is fantastic and is very easy to navigate around. It makes it very easy to select which files and folders need to be backed up. I like that it supports more cloud providers than I'd ever heard of, and they say support for more is coming in the future. Their support is also excellent and very eager to resolve issues. You also have the ability to encrypt backups and password-protect the interface.

What do you dislike?

I wish you were able to restore files directly from the Backup Storage view without having to actually step through the restore steps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you account for the extra utilization in your cloud storage when CloudBerry performs its initial backup. You'll end up using a lot more requests and data transfer on the first run.

CloudBerry provides us with an easy way to perform off-site backups of our business-critical data. In addition to keeping local backups, CloudBerry makes it easy to copy these backups off-site and be able to rapidly restore them if something were to happen.

CloudBerry review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Great Backup Product"

What do you like best?

Cloudberry makes it very simple to get a backup up and running in no time. Easy to use interface with a ton of options to select from for just about everything you can imagine. Set your time, set the retention periods, how often you want the backups to reoccur, ransomware protection, they are all there. Image based, file, VM, SQL, Exchange versions are all available and reasonably priced. If you need to use the product as a MSP, you can easily do that too and have a very healthy profit margin with the many different storage options available to you.

What do you dislike?

If there is one thing I have found that I wish were different, it would have to be with the image restorations. From what I can tell you have to restore the entire image. You can't just restore selected files from the image. Other products do allow that. As a work around, I have setup backups to run both file based and image based on the same machine so that if I need to I can go and get just that one file if I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and play with the different options. There is a way to make it do just about everything under the sun when it comes to a backup solution.

I have been able to solve not having to buy an expensive backup solution to try and resell at a high cost to my customers. Because of the way Cloudberry is priced, I can offer a very affordable and robust backup solution to my customers at a price they can easily digest each month for backup services.

CloudBerry review by Ashish  M.
Ashish M.

"Great Cloud-first backup that doesn't just treat cloud as a storage target"

What do you like best?

CloudBerry Backup is much simpler than many "larger" backup programs - for those who want to back up directly to Cloud, CBB is the best solution I have found so far. I still must test on larger data sets, but initial testing shows promise.

What do you dislike?

The limitations - even when paid. the number of shares and data under management seem arbitrary. Worse, for those who have more than 1 TB account, CBB requires a full server unlimited solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider pairing this with products from Stablebit - also under evaluation. I recognize that CBB has a "CloudDrive" as well, but it is poorly documented and difficult to see how well it would work - I would expect better integration (and a MUCH better communication) if the developers truly intended these to work together.

Offsite backup using cloud storage providers as the target. Enabling users to perform their own backups to encrypted volumes using their own accounts. It is very hard to find a good backup program that does this without it just being considered an "add-on" to an existing suite like Acronis. Marcrium does not offer this functionality at all.

CloudBerry review by Administrator

"Solid Alternative to CrashPlan"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up for both local and cloud backup targets. Good alternative to CrashPlan, but a little bit of a learning curve.

*Lots* of backup destinations. Kind of mind-blowing, actually. Pretty straightforward setup. Whatever you're looking for, chances are, there's a setting for that, somewhere. Solid and stable app (on Windows for me), with reasonable resource requirements. AES256 encryption and compression. Clients are available for a wide variety of platforms.

What do you dislike?

As far as an even/better Crashplan replacement, the only big missing is the easy peer-to-peer backup. I had a problem resetting and starting over (it's a test, everyone does that a few times, right?), where CB doesn't automatically recognize that a destination has been wiped and it should be starting over - there's a setting / button for that, but it's not obvious that that's what it's for or what problem it's designed to fix.

Workstation and server backups across a variety of platforms to multiple backup targets. CloudBerry is working well for my backup needs.

CloudBerry review by Ozzie B.
Ozzie B.

"I dropped Veeam Backup and Replication!!"

What do you like best?

Price, ease of use and functionality. I bought the version for Hyper V and love it, it works very well, has tons of storage options and is easy to use. We've been able to back up just shy of 500 GB without any problems, we were setup and safely backed up within a matter of hours.

What do you dislike?

I honestly cannot think of any issues. One thing that would be nice is if they included deduplication in the product. It is an addon product, but it's a little confusing as to how that is supposed to work. It almost seems as though it's a separate server that handles the deduplication for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It won't disappoint. The customer service team is amazing, the price is amazing and the software ROCKS!

I was looking for a better solution at backing up our Hyper V servers to Azure and Amazon. There are quite a few backup providers that leverage Amazon but Azure was a different story. CloudBerry does this right out of the box and makes the whole process easy.

CloudBerry review by Craig C.
Craig C.

"Rcck solid product!"

What do you like best?

The user interface is always clean, intuitive and easy to navigate. The number of cloud services enabled through the product keeps growing (although I'm only using AWS and Google)

What do you dislike?

After using Cloudberry for several years, I have not yet found anything in this product (or Server Backup) that I don't like. It's never let me down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For users looking for AWS S3 to hold backups, try the command line, then try the free product. The value of the Cloudberry interface is how much time you can save.

We use Cloudberry Server backup to backup on premise and EC2 instances to S3. The hybrid function is great for enterprise databases too since it helps create a local backup AND a cloud backup. I have recently started using Desktop Backup as my home solution and for family friends too.

CloudBerry review by Richard A.
Richard A.

"A full functional and robust backup solution"

What do you like best?

I very much enjoy the freedom to choose a storage provider, as well as local backups of course. There are some very smart things going on such as the ability to backup locally and to the cloud at once, block level and file level backups as well as a lot of versioning options.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint so far is a lack of confidence that backups are happening. For example, why is there the ability to start and stop a backup plan configured to to run "real-time"? Does that mean it will stop in the future and I won't know it? The windows system tray icon also disappears when you close the program, even if the service is running. This all adds up to a lack of confidence that you can set it and forget it. It would be nice to also get proactive email reminders if a backup has not been run in a set time. I tested by "stopping" my real-time backup (again something that logically makes no sense to have the option for) and have not received any notification for a couple days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

Backups and data security are major investments and Cloudberry solves that in one fail swoop. Backups to multiple locations are key and the ease of use and the "just works" design of Cloudberry means I won't be looking for another solution for a long time.

CloudBerry review by User

"Great flexible product with great value to your price"

What do you like best?

I love the product's flexibility with multiple cloud storage options, multiple restore options, pre/post actions for backup (very nice for laptops which need to check for example if i connected to my home wifi before an attempt is made to backup to my NAS storage).

Very good security with end to end encryption and compression options.

Over all you will get a great value for your money.

Pros:

- Great value for your money. For so much options you don't pay a lot.

- Flexible! Great options for backup and restore just as you like.

- Multiple Cloud providers

- Security implemented well (According to Steve Gibson on Security Now).

What do you dislike?

Although there are many options for cloud providers, i still would love to see more options of home user cloud providers such as Mega, Pcloud etc.

It's nice that most of the services are professional cloud providers, but i think for the Desktop version it could be great if the home users will have more home user cloud provider choises.

- Flexibility

- Multiple Cloud options. If one cloud provider lower the price, you can switch with only few clicks.

CloudBerry review by Steven N.
Steven N.

"Production Usage"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to setup and manage. I like that it also provides bandwidth limits for Amazon S3. I have also used it to provide encryption for HIPAA compliant data.

What do you dislike?

When backing up to Amazon it's difficult to use the filesystem without using CloudBerry to perform a backup. I know they do this to maintain versions of files, however S3 provides file versioning as well, so perhaps use that

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you fully take your time to evaluate all of the features and make a deployment plan. The simple wizards will do quite a lot for you, but there are lots of options to help you.

1) Offline database backups

2) Offsite Image asset backup

Learn more about CloudBerry Backup

CloudBerry Backup Videos

Learning about CloudBerry Backup?

* We monitor all CloudBerry Backup reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.