Bottomline Technologies

3.5

Bottomline Technologies (NASDAQ: EPAY) provides cloud-based payment, invoice and banking solutions to corporations, financial institutions and banks around the world.

Work for Bottomline Technologies?

Learning about Bottomline Technologies?

Bottomline Technologies Reviews

Showing 11 Bottomline Technologies reviews
Bottomline Technologies review by scott b.
scott b.

"They sent me a payment in the wrong currency and giving me the run around to fix it delaying payment"

What do you like best?

Customer Service is very good and understanding but operations are robots...no human to look at logic

What do you dislike?

unable to contact anyone past customer service whos hands are tied. called and receptionist said they don't give out email addresses or connect you with anyone. sent me right back to customer service to the same agent I had already spoken with. I even sent a letter overnight to Elizabeth Ashley, and no response. This is costing me so much time and money to get the funds that they have for me for over two weeks now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

have someone to contact outside of customer service. Customer service only can do robotic functions, you need to be able to get ahold of someone when you need more help from a mistake they have made.

Bottomline Technologies received a payment of $2871 USD from RCCL to send to me. For some reason Bottomline Technologies converted it to Canadian Dollars and sent it to me. I took it to the bank and they converted it back to USD but now for only $2665. $207 USD less than what I should get. I sent it back to Bottomline Technologies to resend to me in USD but they are sending the funds back to RCCL and I have to follow up with RCCL later(who knows how long) and hopefully RCCL will know what I am talking about to send the funds back to Bottomline Technologies to send back to me. Insane!!! No one at Bottomline Technoligies will talk or listen to me. They already have the funds in USD, why are they putting me through all of this hassle. They should have sent it to me in USD in the first place. You cannot get past customer service. Operations who makes the decisions are apparently robots and do not listen to logic. Unable to get an email for anyone else in the company. I called and the receptionist said they do not transfer calls or give out email addresses. They put out the image of a shady company when you have access to no one that makes decisions. I even spent $25 to send an overnight letter to Elizabeth Ashley and no response. I will have to wait weeks or months to get a payment that I should have had two weeks ago and Bottomline Technologies has the funds but would prefer to cause all kinds of confusion by sending the funds back to RCCL and then I have to get RCCL to understand what in the world is going on and hopefully send the funds back again. This should not be happening and I should be able to get ahold of someone to help me but it doesn't appear possible.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Bottomline Technologies
Bottomline Technologies review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Bottomline was used within our AP system in the JDE ERP system. Being a user outside of the AP department, it was an easy to learn, user friendly system. Invoices were easy to filter and search for. It was also very easy to view the audit history and the saved PDF image of the invoice.

What do you dislike?

At times the system was slow or dysfunctional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user outside of the accounts payable department - I felt that it was easy to use. It was easy to sort through the invoices, filter by many different attributes and export to excel. An audit history is also available which was helpful with notes left by other employees. It was also very easy to view the saved image of the invoice.

We were able to move from a manual, paper heavy process to a more integrated AP system. We were able to store copies of the invoices within the actual system instead of paper copies in a file room. It helped us in the audit process (pulling invoices/support/etc.) and helped us streamline our accrual processes.

What Enterprise Payment solution do you use?

Bottomline Technologies review by Tiffany C.
Tiffany C.

"Smooth program saves time"

What do you like best?

Not sorting through invoices on a manual basis was helpful

What do you dislike?

I would like it to communicate more directly with bank software

I’m solving lags and gaps in record keeping and able to invoice quicker

Bottomline Technologies review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Outstanding Product Use for Over 10 Years"

What do you like best?

The suite of products options but we use their document design product which provides us the ability to custom design, format, & personalize with many output options.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing here to dislike. Excellent product with excellent customer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent product which automates and streamlines processes and documents.

Allows our organization to custom design documents from our ERP system. Very stable platform which we have been running for over 10 years with absolutely no down time or issues.

Bottomline Technologies review by User

"Dated Interface, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

The ability to add many account numbers to allocate an invoice payment to

What do you dislike?

The search process to find out if an invoice is paid- the icons aren't necessarily intuitive.

Approving and paying invoices digitally- this used to be a paper-only process.

Bottomline Technologies review by Evan H.
Evan H.

"Paid right"

What do you like best?

How quick and easy it is. Great to use wok again.

What do you dislike?

Alittle pricey but worth it in the long run.

Getting my employees paid fast

Bottomline Technologies review by User in Financial Services

"Great customer service!"

What do you like best?

Their systems can be a little finicky at times, but I always get fast service when I need assistance

What do you dislike?

Like I said sometimes the system can be finicky and I have to call in for password resets often

They host our online account opening process

Bottomline Technologies review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Survey for bottomline"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and easy to access if you don’t know what to do. It’s simple and efficient

What do you dislike?

The minimum amount of characters in the survey is annoying

I try it with everything, it has helped me greatly in my day to day issues.

Bottomline Technologies review by Agency
Agency

"Protection against fraud"

What do you like best?

An excellent tool to prevent cyber fraud and attacks from external agents, in addition to optimizing payment and cash management

What do you dislike?

The loading times are long with occasional crashes,the overall usability is difficult,

We use this to run the whole company. Supply Chain, Accounting

Bottomline Technologies review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Simple & Easy"

What do you like best?

Bottomline Technologies makes the process very simple and easy

What do you dislike?

I have not had a bad experience yet with them

I have not yet had problems, makes transactions with customers more efficient

Bottomline Technologies review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Great Payment Platform"

What do you like best?

Great business payment platform that simplifies the payment processing.

What do you dislike?

There are nothing I can think of at the moment.

Electronic payment solutions.

Learning about Bottomline Technologies?

* We monitor all Bottomline Technologies reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.