Yet Another Mail Merge (YAMM) Reviews & Product Details

What is Yet Another Mail Merge (YAMM)?

Yet Another Mail Merge (YAMM), is an email marketing tool for Gmail users. It helps to run and track well-targeted email campaigns using Gmail and Google Sheets. Yet Another Mail Merge is easy to setup and we offer a daily free quota for everyone with a Gmail or G Suite account. All you need to know is how to use Gmail and a spreadsheet. With close to 1 million users, Yet Another Mail Merge is the top mail merge tool for Gmail users

Yet Another Mail Merge (YAMM) Screenshots

1-27 of 27 total YAMM reviews

Yet Another Mail Merge (YAMM) Reviews

1-27 of 27 total YAMM reviews
Director of Marketing

"Quick, effcient and clean solution for mass mail merge"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to set it up easily in conjunction with Gsuite and google sheets. Just enter the Fname, Email in a table and you are set as long as your drafts are ready. Its easy to use and reuse and the dashboard gives me a campaign wise view. this is great for sales outreaches on an independent level.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard captures false positives and negatives. It reports that a email not been opened/clicked/responded, when in actuality it would have been. Now, this happens to once in about 500 messages that go out and is probably due to security at the recipients end

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is worth the money. If you use Gsuite, this is a wonderful add on to being able to personalize mass emails. Note that this does NOT have easy templates like mailchimp, but instead lives on content you have created on your gmail inbox.

For the price they charge, this is perfect for the sales hacker or the growth marketer. Easy to start and send semi-personalized mass mails

Julie Baird

"Great for Personalizing Generic Email messages"

What do you like best?

This is simple to use and makes each email seem personalized, even if it is the email has the same content for houndreds of people. I use it weekly to communicate with my students.

What do you dislike?

Very little that I dislike about it. You need ot have a Google Account and use a Google Spreadsheet. The lables on the spreadsheet need to be an exact match in the email, but fortunatley you can send yourself a test email to see that it looks right.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is worth the money for a yearly subscription if you need to send out lots of personalized email with repetitive but different information. The dashboard will show you who opened up the email and who responded back. I buy this with my own money because the school won't and I think it is that valuable. Saves me a lot of time while communicating via email with my students.

I can enter the personalized info such as name, grade (for students), feedback, etc in a Google spreadsheet and then create one generic email to import that information. Each recepient receives a personalized email with the content from the row in the spreadsheet that pertains to them. This has saved me lots of times over the school year.

AE

"Easy yet effective email marketing tool"

What do you like best?

The ease at which i can have multiple lists in the google sheet and send emails to chosen contacts by filtering out.

the templates of the email that i wish to send out are easily altered and created in gmail drafts folder which help ease a lot of issues traditionally i used to face for email marketing.

the seamless way of using unsubscribe button and to track the contacts who have plus the flexibility of adding BCC, attachments makes this my go to app extension for email merging

What do you dislike?

nothing much, just that sometimes i am not sure if the read receipts and the email clicked are happening in real.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely easy tool if you are looking for email marketing and bulk emailing!!

If you are someone who has used outlook and have done mail merge from Word, you will love how simple this tool is !!

one of the key things to marketing and sales is to be able to be in touch with your clients and prospects and emails form a major chunk of how businesses are spreading the word!

YAMM helps us in a big way in ti.

Benefits - i am able to do a proper drip campaigns with this tool

UB

"Great mail merge tool"

What do you like best?

YAMM makes sending and tracking emails very easy; it's a perfect tool for the type of newsletter my company sends out. One of my favorite features is a page that shows the data from all of our email campaigns, which makes it easy to compare numbers and get a quick overall look at the click-through rate of sent emails.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to add more than one email to a paid YAMM account. Because that's not an option, I have to share my login credentials with coworkers who sometimes need to access our YAMM email campaigns or track the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out for free but the paid version lets you send out emails to a lot more recipients.

Being able to track who opens and clicks our emails has given my company an opportunity to find potential collaborators and see what organizations are interested in our content.

"Don't Use This Product - It populates the wrong FIRST NAME to all my outbound email recipients"

What do you like best?

I had to stop using this product...There is no response from support.

What do you dislike?

It worked the first few times and then it would send all emails to, Hello Dhiraj, despite my spreadsheet having a pre-populated FIRST NAME column. It was so embarrassing.

So, I blew away my underlying Google sheet and I thought starting from scratch would reset everything...I created a new email list to 3 of my alternate email addresses to run a test....the FIRST NAME column was populated in each row. Once again, all emails were sent out to a different first name that wasn't even on my list.

I reached out several times to YAMM support. It's been 6 weeks, no response whatsoever. My conclusion is to always buy quality and with a vendor where you can get support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not use this product. Invest in a quality tool.

Mass Emails

Educator
Education Management

"I LOVE YAMM! Everyone should use it"

What do you like best?

It's so simple. to use. Also, if you're concerned about email deliverability, YAMM is great b/c it goes through your Gmail account which has very high delivery rates - unless you're a spammer.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had better CRM integration but I guess you can't have it all.

Easy way to send a mass email to a large group of people. I realize there are tools like mailichimp for that but if you're looking for a quick and dirty way of doing this, than this is the way . Also, if you want the "sent" email in your gmail account instead of another tool , like mailchimp, than YAMM is perfect.

Recruiter

"Convenient and Efficient mailing tool"

What do you like best?

The options it has is great for sending out emails. I also love how it shows how many emails were successfully sent, which bounced back, how many were opened, how many responded. Such a helpul tool!

What do you dislike?

The daily limit can be frustrating, but you do have the option to send more emails if you purchase them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Download it, it will change your life!

Saving time, efficient and prevents typing errors. We specifically use it to send candidate interview emails and follow-up emails as well.

Growth hacker

"This one is the best!"

What do you like best?

- Can easily track sent, opened and clicked mails

- Aliases & reply to different sender option

I simply love everything about YAMM. This one's the best. YAMM is much more cost efficient than most of its competitors. I'm currently using the free version of YAMM still I'm completely satisfied with the features.

What do you dislike?

I'm perfectly satisfied with their features. It'll be great if a spam filter is also there to check soft & hard bounce.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This doesn't have a spam checker and bounce mail detector. All other features are simply awesome.

- Email marketing

- Cold Email outreaching

AC

"Crystals mail merge"

What do you like best?

I like best that it is simple to learn. Seems complicated but is actually super easy. I like how intuitive it is to pull the information from my google sheet and input it into each individual email and personalize it. It completely amazed by what it does. Since I send hundreds of similar emails per day, I found this helpful.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how the free version limits you to only 50 emails sent. It was scary when I was watching the you tube videos on how to use but once I got in it and sent it was a godsend.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stop sending individual emails when mail merging is available. Complete waste of time otherwise.

Performance metrics improved because I am able to send the same email, while still personalizing it, to multiple people in a short amount of time.

Senior Schools Manager
E-Learning

"YAMM is great!"

What do you like best?

YAMM makes it so fast to send personalized messages to large lists of people without having to use the BCC function.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don't like about using YAMM.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it! Even if you're emailing a list of 5 people, YAMM is worth your time instead of having to write 5 separate emails. It's so quick!

YAMM let's each employee control their own messaging to their lists of clients, rather than forcing everyone to use the same messaging from a central email blast.

"The most user-friendly tool for mail merging "

What do you like best?

The directions are simple and I love that everything is located in G-suite so that I and my colleagues all have access to the merges and the built-in tracking report.

What do you dislike?

I often run in to the issue of having a limited number of emails you can send in a day without purchasing. I eventually purchased the software, but wish there was a one-time or monthly purchasing option rather than only a one-year option.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

More affordable options/options for schools as a whole.

Our office uses YAMM to communicate with students on a weekly basis regarding advising updates, registration dates, appointment times, etc. We have found that students respond better/quicker/more often to emails that are personalized to them (with name and personal information.) It is a great way for us to send out appointment confirmation emails.

Email Marketing

"Easy Mail Merger"

What do you like best?

The ease of the software; all you need is a google sheet to get started.

What do you dislike?

Sending follow-ups is tricky since you stayed in the same google sheet or if you created a new sheet you could quickly end up with many tabs of follow-ups for the same campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend YAMM to anyone who is looking to start a mail merge campaign. It is very intuitive and an inexpensive way to start implementing email campaigns.

It is great for starting a mail campaign, especially since you have a certain number of emails you can send each day for free.

Marketing Advisor

"YAMM is a life saver!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the easy to use platform. Very simple and ties to google sheets for easy adaptation.

What do you dislike?

The formatting potential could be enhanced.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need any easy to use mass mail platform.

Reaching as many agents as possible with customized e-mails.

"An SDR's Bestfriend"

What do you like best?

It automates the outbound process. The ability to plug in 2-300 contacts at once and have them receive emails without me having to go in and type out each manually saves HOURS each week. It is also very intuitive in removing contacts that either respond or bounce back.

What do you dislike?

Unlike their competitor, Yesware, you aren't able to receive notifications when a message has been opened.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is for those conducting HEAVY outbound volume. If you are sending less than 1000 emails a week than consider something else.

Outbound sales and outreach to cold clients

"Easy to learn, effective tool"

What do you like best?

Easy for new users to learn, really affordable price tag, gets the job done

What do you dislike?

Not easy to duplicate mail merges month to month for email campaigns

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this product, it allows you to customize your emails as you like and still distribute them with tracking.

We use it to administer event invitations and email drip campaigns

UN

"Easy to use and accurate"

What do you like best?

I love YAMM because I can use the information that's already in my spreadsheets without having to create extra documents to keep track of. It shows real time results of what my email recipients are doing and that's very valuable in my line of work.

What do you dislike?

There has been times when a recipient will receive 5 to 10 of the same emails back to back, but with the support team I was able to fix the issue.

I have been able to see what emails are valid, which ones bounce back and I can see who's clicked our links.

CM

"director"

What do you like best?

Yet Another Mail Merge will automatically replace the custom fields and send your mailing campaign. ... to send pretty newsletters displaying your brand logo

Create an email draft template in Gmail and use the test option to review your email before sending it to all your recipients

Use Follow Up to send follow-up emails ...

What do you dislike?

Some YAMM users have reported that many of their emails were wrongfully flagged as spam (wrongfully because the content of their emails couldn't be considered "spammy")

being wrongfully flagged as spam (wrongfully because the content of their emails couldn't be considered "spammy")

Heidi Horak

"Great for communication"

What do you like best?

I can send lots of personalized e-mails in a matter of minutes!

What do you dislike?

It has a hard time loading big sheets and sometimes fails

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Allow tracking multiple times on the same sheet. A new sheet must be created everytime you want to use it otherwise the tracking information does not work or e-mails won't send.

Communication with parents weekly.

Digital Marketing Specialist
Hospitality

"Simple but Powerful Email Marketing Tool"

What do you like best?

It's so simple. Work directly from Google Sheet and Gmail. There is no need to upload contacts to another website.

What do you dislike?

There is no feature to create HTML image directly from YAMM

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend to everyone who still a newbie in email marketing.

No hassle. Simple and Powerful

Territory Marketing
Building Materials

"Nice Service"

What do you like best?

The ability to send out mass emails at once and have the emails customized to each individual person.

What do you dislike?

Having to manually upload each persons email, name, etc.

Being able to send out large quanities of marketing emails to people at once without sending them individually.

"easy merge in google sheets"

What do you like best?

pretty great way to shoot off quick merges. The analytics are a plus

What do you dislike?

very simple, but not a bad thing. Will continue to use this service

quick merges, fast analytics, easy to use

"Easy app to keep track of your emails"

What do you like best?

I can customize all the emails that I send to several companies.

It keeps track of who has opened the emails, click on links, responded, etc

What do you dislike?

So far I like everything about beacuse it is very easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product:

give it a try, you will like it

keeping track of my emails, making sure everyone reads them on time.

(Myself Only)

"Super fast. Simplifies personal emails. "

What do you like best?

I love that I can send hundreds of personalized emails while still appearing to be sending emails directly from my regular inbox (and not from a vendor like MailChimp or Constant Contact)

What do you dislike?

The interface in the spreadsheet portion of things can feel a little clunky.

I can get a lot higher open rates on my emails since they appear to be personal and not a mass email.

UP

"Yamm = Spam"

What do you like best?

I loved being able to track when a customer opened an email

What do you dislike?

That google identifies YAMM as spam and disables your Google account

I was solving the issue of tracking which customers opened and engaged with emails

UA
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

Love how user friendly it is and that it allows for emails to be used.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. I really enjoy this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Super useful product that makes marketing a breeze.

Helps with blast emails, marketing needs, pitches, and updates.

"Interesting, but poor"

What do you like best?

to personalize the emails, to send lots at once

What do you dislike?

Lots of bugs, some emails fail to send for no reason

I basically use to write emails inside and outside the company

I

"Email"

What do you like best?

Everything worked well and efficiently..

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Everything worked well and efficiently

Everything