WeVideo

WeVideo is an online video editor designed to make it easy to capture, create, view and share movies at up to 4K resolution.

Work for WeVideo?

John C.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about WeVideo
James C.

"Mixed feelings"

What do you like best?

Wevideo is a mixed bag of impressions. Let me start with the pros:

- Wevideo is an online video editing application which means that it's easily accessible from any PC, doesn't require an installation and is generally easier to work with for the beginners than with a more professional-oriented solutions in this area.

- Wevideo provides a wide array of filters and visual effect to create a good-looking video presentation of a products or a company.

- Exporting is pretty easy and all the major formats are available.

What do you dislike?

Now what I down't like:

- Because it's an online app, Wevideo is significantly slower than anything you might find on a PC.

- Rendering time is also slow.

- Free version is extremely limiting while there's a ton of free video editors out there

- Wevideo doesn't provide the level of flexibility in editing as most desktop solutions do.Overall

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wevideo is a mediocre video-editing software when considered in comparison with some more powerful and yet free software. But if you absolutely need to get the job done, it'll fit.

Overall, Wevideo is a good video editing app if you consider all of it actual purposes, i,e. to quickly create a presentation video when such need comes out of nowhere.

But as a stand-alone video editor it's rather lackluster and my suggestion is that you should only resort to it if it's absolutely necessary. Better use a dedicated solution and spend some time on the editing courses for the solution of your choice..

What Video Editing solution do you use?

Mirha A.

"Great Features with Excellent Security"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that WeVideo is cloud-based. This means I can use it any where in the world if I have access to internet. Security is really good. I believe when I keep videos in my WeVideo account, the data can not be leaked or hacked. A lot of sensitive data is in my account and can be a problem if in the wrong hands. Easy to use software. Great User Interface and an excellent software outlay of the overall software.

What do you dislike?

I have had a few problems with the quality support team. Not satisfied with the responses and I've faced a lot of delays in receiving replies. Have to improve. I believe Pricing is also on the higher side so not affordable by all. Even though there are a number of different packages for companies and individuals, a lot of features are unavailable in the cheaper packages

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this product for sure. This has really helped me in making better presentations and improved my presentation delivery skills a lot.

When your presentation is well-planned and includes videos, music, animation and short clips, you are confident of delivering a good presentation. This is where WeVideo comes in. With WeVideo, I can edit music and videos and include them in my presentation. As I travel alot throughout the country, WeVideo helps in ensuring my edited videos and music are kept safe in my account. I can easily, edit, merge and shorten videos with just a few easy clicks. WeVideo's Mobile application even comes in handy when I am travelling.

Maimoona A.

"Good software with excellent editing tools"

What do you like best?

I like the simple interface of WeVideo. The second I installed and signed up for this software, I was able to edit my video and audios instantly. You have an option of a free trial as well. There are 3 other packages which can chosen from accordingly. The pricing package are affordable and starts only from $4.99 per month. WeVideo has a lot of features and video/audio editing tools; which I've never seen in other editing software

What do you dislike?

I don't like the mobile application of this software. I think it needs a lot of improvement and upgrading so that it becomes more user friendly. I have also seen my application to crashing I keep using it for a long time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I would recommend this software for sure. It is essential if you make / edit a lot of videos for your work. Must have!

I use the Business Package at $29.99 per month as it fulfills all my needs. I make a lot of presentations and videos for my clients at my company, Pakistan State Oil and WeVideo is how I edit, merge and cut videos. With WeVideo, I have the option of creating my own templates, publish unlimited videos and also install WeVideo in 3 different computers. As this is cloud based and is shared among my team, anyone can access this software and use it. At PSO, WeVideo is very common to use and a lot of my colleagues use this.

Cameron M.

"Easy to Use - Plenty of Features"

What do you like best?

WeVideo is easy to use for video editing with drag and drop editing and plenty of features. It even has the ability to do chroma-key for green screen type editing. You can produce your video in 480p, 720p or 1080p quality. You can work on the video from anywhere since this is cloud-based editing software. It is easy to upload pictures and videos to the software and there are multiple video and audio tracks for editing. The software provides a project link for easy editing and sharing.

What do you dislike?

My plan is limited to 5 hours or 20 GB of storage which has been fine but would have to pay more for additional time or storage.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can try it out for free before committing to a plan.

It is easy to produce professional-looking videos to promote our school, explain a concept, or share other information.

Alex W.

"Great platform with a userfriendly interface that makes advanced video editing simpler."

What do you like best?

-It features a straightforward layout providing simple and advanced features that give me the full creative control to leverage my imagination. It utilizes the WeVideo jumpStart technology that makes video editing easy and fast. This exclusive technology enables me to instantly start editing in the cloud without having to wait for locally stored files to load.

-Its cloud-based nature brings a collaboration advantage and allows me to invite friends to make diffrent edits on the same footage.

-Its cloud storage coupled with its cross-platform functionality enables me to work anytime and anywhere.

-It provides the flexibility to mix previously uploaded media with the locally stored media simultaneously.

-You do not have to worry about compactibility- the application works well on any device including Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and chromebook

What do you dislike?

I can't say i have found any real cons with this product yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

WeVideo also provides multiple video editing modes that make it easy to convert ideas into superb movies.

The storyboard allows me to effortlessly create stunning movies in minutes. On the other hand, the timeline mode provides more advanced features for the pros.It gives you the opportunity to mix and match over 600 formats of video, audio, and images using the special effects, green screen, speed control, graphics, and more.

The application is crafted to enable users to capture, create, view, and even share movies at high resolutions. It's a powerful, fully-featured program that utilizes jumpstart technology to transform the landscape for video editing.

The muilti-platform video editor provides a seamless editing experience thanks to its support for multiple formats of video, audio, images, and graphics.It also offers a set of features that allow for the effortless creation of stunning movies in minutes.

Some of its key features include; 720p video resolution, Wevideo jumpstart, cloud storage, Motion titles, Screen-casting, Green screen,Music library, Slow motion, and voice-over. In addition, all WeVideo plans include multi-track editing and storyboard, advanced text editing, built-in graphics, customizable environment, and file & media manager.

Apostolopoulos W.

"We video"

What do you like best?

I use this software at least twice a year in my classroom. I find teaching things through music really reaches into my students souks and inspires them to put for a great deal of effort. As one of their reading projects, each child/ student choose a book they have read to create a music video about the book or that represents a character. Another idea i have used with the program is for students to use the program to create a movie trailer for their books. It is nice in the fact that they can use music to enhance their product they are creating. There is a wide variety of resources in which they can draw from to use I. The final video.

What do you dislike?

I use the free program with my students, and while it is sufficient to use for what we are doing I am discouraged that it is far too expyfor my district to buy a larger version of the software for us to utilize.

I have not discovered exactly how we can use this among the business part or district wide. I would like to hear from others how their districts use wevideo.

Janelle V.

"makes it easy to create beautiful videos"

What do you like best?

I've used other video editing software, and this is by far the most intuitive program I've ever used. Transitions, captions, photo and video editing, it all makes sense and is so easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

The captions can be frustrating to work with, only because when you adjust the sizing it doesn't always apply to all the characters in a given caption. If you keep a close eye on it, though, it's easy to adjust.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're in the trial phase, feel free to go monthly at the $9.99/month price point. It makes it easy to explore what's available and still create high-quality videos. From there, you can upgrade for 1080p quality and additional graphics, stock imagery, etc.

Making our marketing more attractive and social media friendly, while keeping it professional.

Marcos G.

"An easy to use basic tool. This is as simple as it gets..."

What do you like best?

We tested this software to check if it was good to suggest it to our online teachers to edit their courses. It is really very simple and basic. It allows to do basic editing functions such as dragging clips in the timeline, cut, paste, trim, etc. Includes an interesting library of music and sound to use. Its main attraction is the possibility of sharing and even collaborative editing with other participants, or the possibility of importing raw material straight from Dropbox.

What do you dislike?

Although the fact of being a web based app has its benefit for collaboration and sharing, it also means that you can not work if you have or a poor internet connection or no connection at all. Another detail that we did not like much were the limitations they have in their free version, such as exporting up to 480p or having an embedded watermark for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to get the most out of the free trial before engaging on the paid plans. Depending on what your needs are, perhaps you'll find an appropriate solution on a free software somewhere else.. If you're after a collaborative tool or facilities to import from Dropbox, then stick with it and give it a try.

Part of our business is to motivate teachers, experts and people in general to create online courses and content, so we are always looking for a simple to use tool to help them achieve it.

"WE VIDEO WEBER REVIEW"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to edit the video on the pane underneath the media screen. I like that I can cut out specific clips in the video. I use this feature so that I don't have to take as many takes.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a feature for blurring out. I would use this feature for pictures of students who are not allowed to be filmed. Occasionally we also use images that may have an inappropriate word or phrase that needs to be blurred.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I would recommend this to others!

We have less face-to-face meetings. WeVideo allows us to capture more short videos, so that we can cut down on our face-to-face meetings. Our staff has really appreciated that we send more information out in this way. Staff also can access a library of past meetings.

Amanda S.

"Easy-to-use with great features"

What do you like best?

I produce short videos for learners and WeVideo makes adding titles / subtitles as well as intro and outro screens really simple and high quality.

What do you dislike?

I'd love for them to have a camera *and* screen option for filming instead of one or the other.

I can add high-level things like subtitles and an intro theme without needing to be proficient in video editing. It saves me time.

"Cloud-Based Video Editing "

What do you like best?

The best feature about this product is that is is accessible by anyone, anywhere via the cloud. It is easy to access and can be used by multiple people/

What do you dislike?

The difference in people's ability to download or upload the videos into the cloud can take a really long time.

We are able to make video presentations for our clients faster than we were in the past, when we would have to start from scratch

I
Internal Consultant

"WeVideo"

What do you like best?

- Simple interface

- A rich selection of effects and audio assets

- Easy-to-use export

What do you dislike?

Pricing comes up only when you try exporting your work.

Until there's an easier way to import into WeVideo, it will only be useful for projects that absolutely require collaborative editing.

Learning about WeVideo?

* We monitor all WeVideo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.