Vembu BDR Suite

Vembu BDR Suite

Supports Agentless VMware vSphere Image Backup, Advanced Microsoft Hyper-V Image Backup and Physical Machine Disk Image Backup with application aware options enabled.

Work for Vembu BDR Suite?

Learning about Vembu BDR Suite?

Vembu BDR Suite Reviews

Showing 91 Vembu BDR Suite reviews
Tom C.

"Affordable Replication"

What do you like best?

We have been migrating clients from VEEAM to Vembu at a steady rate. Vembu has a consistent and affordable price point versus the ridiculous scaling costs of other solutions on the market. Also a huge bonus is they offer a solution that is a VM appliance that is easy to install and implement.

What do you dislike?

The interface and licensing can be a bit clunky to work through at times. as a web interface the cache on the browser can occasionally cause conflict with license change or backup changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Key value for Vembu is price point. Backup and replication is pretty straightforward for all applications; so the key is value for dollars, not bells and whistles that you will never use.

The primary use for us is failover replication backups to secondary servers. The differential replication is a huge help for large servers after the initial backup completes.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Vembu BDR Suite
Jerry C.

"Excellent software and support"

What do you like best?

We have been using Vembu for years and the BDR suite is an example of the excellent software we have come to expect from Vembu. It has the features we are looking for, but most important of all, it is stable. We tried multiple vendors through the years until we finally came across his company. We stayed with them because when we need to do a restore and when we do our routine check, the backups of run in the data is there.

What do you dislike?

Had a couple of problems with the upgrade to the BDR suite because previous version did not uninstall properly. Fortunately, support was great and the problem was resolved quickly. Of course, the problems were possibly, maybe even probably, caused by the Microsoft OS being flaky.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's excellent software that is comprehensive enough to meet the needs of various types of clients and most every scenario. Plus is stable and the company continually makes upgrades to fit the changing circumstances of our business. The price is certainly fair. So after years of using it with multiple clients, I can strongly recommend it. I've been in this business for 25 years so I know a good thing when I see it.

Backup and disaster recovery four standard and VM PCs and servers.

What Server Backup solution do you use?

Thomas N.

"Works great with Bitlocker without the huge price tag"

What do you like best?

When you choose to restore a hard drive to a VM you can choose to mount it as if you added a VMDK in vmware. This allows Windows to pick up the hard drive and unlock it with bitlocker easily.

What do you dislike?

I wish the file level backup was part of the standard edition.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The customer support has been awesome and the product has exceeded our expectations. Definitely give it a try.

Vembu has solved our backup problems of multiple VMWare hosts in two locations. Backing up continuous incrementals across the VPN using changed block addressing is working rather well. We have also setup a full backup over the VPN to happen on the weekend. It should be noted that we are backing up a Linux phone system here not a monster file store.

Stuart C.

"A great soulton"

What do you like best?

The clean and friendly web based interface. It's also very dynamic for us. I can back up and restore on the file level and also restore and entire VM in a matter of minutes if I had to. The price was also attractive compared to something like Veeam.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really so far. If I had to choose one thing it would be tech support hours. I had a few issues with a couple of my servers not backing up initially and the engineers work off of an India time zone where I am in Mountain Time. It worked out, it was just a little inconvenient at the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely take a look at Vembu as opposed to something like Veeam. It's a great alternative that has me sold.

A full backup solution for our company that is dynamic and just works. I love the fact that I can fire up a VM from a backup and have it running on the BDR server itself if I have no other VM host to run it. Very versatile.

Adrian T.

"Great support and product"

What do you like best?

Implementing this solutions is very easy, installing the server and configuring the clients. Support is always exceptional, the Vembu engineers are always hands-on and very talented. The price is very good, including free backups for or client OS.

What do you dislike?

There are a few missing bits on the server compared to their previous product (Storegrid), like you cannot edit any client configuration from the server side. The reporting is not perfect as you can get a missed backup email and a successful email seconds apart for the exact same job, probably a bug. The portal can be improved as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great individuals that are doing a great job.

Backing up tens of small company users or mobile users (laptop users), protecting the local data. It helped us rebuild machines that suffered hard failures without loosing any data.

Alex M.

"Mixed feelings"

What do you like best?

The remote backup job was a bit disappointing from a performance standpoint. The restore job, however was done in a flash and up and running in minutes. Something you would really want when you are in dire straits. Getting up and running using the appliance was quite easy. You do have to request the appliance though. Configuring a backup or replication job is quite easy.

What do you dislike?

The interface is inconsistent with the status screens as a low point. You really have to go look for the right one and even then Vembu recommends to keep them closed for performance reasons. A bit odd, in my opinion. The whole interface experience has a bit of a learning curve that may not be for everyone. An interface designer would certainly have some tips and tricks here. Not being able to configure network drive mounts to central storage from within the interface is really a lack of functionality and a serious fail. You need serious Linux CLI skills to make that part work properly and you can't really go live without it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

All in all it does what it needs to do, it has some quirks and it does leaves things to wish for. But it also does some stuff really great and if that is what you’re looking for, this might be a solution for you.

These results were achieved during a test installation and review of the Vembu BDR product.

Augusto C.

"Easy to handle and implement best price for feature tool"

What do you like best?

VEMBU has specific good points like:

- Simple (and cheap) license, no tricks you receive what you pay, just check for the right version.

- Easy install in a single package with all necessary tools/software (DB/WebConsole/Etc).

- Use full web console you can control your backups from any device with a browser.

- Replication off-site for a affordable price.

- Option to buy the perpertual license.

What do you dislike?

No command line to schedule commands you need to know how to write RESTFull api command to implement specific commands in your desire schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do what is describe at their website. Be aware the missing command line to schedule some tasks. Or you configure alerts or you need to access the remote console. But most of the task you can send a email with the results.

Off site replication for a cheap and simple implementation price. I implemented for my clients and they really like how simple was the process and the daily basis monitoring of the replication. I need to solve a 1.8 TB replication problem for a client and now this client has a off-site backup running two times a day to colocation server hosted in another datacenter. In case of failure he can use this standby server and restore the information. My others implementations we use only the backup feature with high grade success case.

"Great for Disaster recovery"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate interface. Setting up VM backups for disaster recovery is straightforward and works great. I receive image integrity reports showing the boot status of the backed up VMs and I can perform a manual test recovery in a few minutes. Just works for both my Hyper-V and VMware VMs and physical servers. Licensing options are reasonably priced - especially the small business less than 6 CPU licenses- allow annual subscriptions or one time purchases.

What do you dislike?

Various menu items can run a little sluggish at times. Not much to dislike-- affordable, provided all the backup and recovery features our organization needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Support is excellent-- At all hours I have submitted simple to complicated questions and I receive responses almost immediately and support assists until issue is resolved.

Needed a comprehensive backup solution for multiple VMs for both Hyper-V and VMware. Recovery a single file or folder --or recovering an entire VM; process is easy and straightforward.

KAILASH K.

"It is ease to use and user friendly"

What do you like best?

Its Setup in one click. Administration is quit simple.They have best Quality of Customer Support. With we can increase our Business.

Management of Disaster Recovery, Remote Backup, Storage Formats, Scheduled Backup, On _Demand Restoration is very simple and user friendly.

They have very good reporting feature. Easy to monitor. Effectively and timely got Alert/ Notifications. Also have good and point to point documentation.

In data security , all data are encrypted and follow all guideline of security compliance.

There is no duplication of data. Vembu has crafted one of the best-looking interfaces. And I don’t mean all flashy look. It’s well thought out, very simple to use. A color combination is easy on the eyes. All the information is visible and is not hidden under a submenu of the submenu like with some products. We can enable Application Aware Settings. Vembu has put a lot of thought about the features in this product and Replication is no exception. Replication is accessible from the menu and a procedure to set up is as simple as and has some great features.

What do you dislike?

Price should be lower to get more customer

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommend to my clients

For Backup and restoration of client data.

Restoration is very simple and user friendly.

There is no duplication of data.

CP
Consultant in Primary/Secondary Education

"Vembu free version is perfect for small businesses"

What do you like best?

I like the free version as it offers perpetual license to backup 3 VM's with full features. This is great for small businesses that has 1 or 2 esxi hosts and is new to virtualization. It allows the small business to take advantage of the software without spending that much and because of that they can plan ahead and include Vembu product licensing in the future once the need to backup more servers arises. Vembu also has an appliance version and is also perfect for small business. Licensing another OS just for backup is not a really cost effective for small businesses and this feature is perfect.

What do you dislike?

Once a vembu server is synced to an online account and for some reason the admin needs to sync the server to another online account, the admin has only 2 options. Either he uninstalls and reinstall the product to change the server id and sync to an online account or have a tech support change it manually on the database for them. Option 2 is not documented so most of the time, admins will just uninstall and reinstall and sometimes that is disruptive. Recovery of the vembu server is complicated and would require an admin in depth knowledge of how to recover the server.

Small business backup strategy while using on premise NAS with optional replication to another offsite storage or to the cloud. The backup is very efficient and simple to use. Adding a NAS to the vembu server is a straightforward process. My client receives a report that a successful backup has been completed and this is very helpful compared to their previous backup solution that has no management and notification alerts.

Sadanand Y.

"Vembu BDR Product Overview"

What do you like best?

one solution that meet all backup requirement. The products under the Suite can be deployed in any location like on-premise, offsite and the Cloud.

What do you dislike?

Earlier backup product (Storegrid) having features to keep backup on local disk but this features are missing in Vembu BDR.

the most advantage is Vembu BDR supporting all types of backup i.e workstation, Physical Server, Vmware, Hyper-V, application aware backup, image backup, network backup etc.. & most great business benefits is unlimited workstation backup free in free edition.

Sotiris F.

"Very good price for money"

What do you like best?

Local, forever incremental backups are extremely useful. Restoring a file from a backup is surprisingly easy.

What do you dislike?

Incremental backups seem to take up too much disk space in relation to actual changes. I'm not sure how data deduplication works when there are more than one machines in the same task.

I use Vembu BDR Suite to back up all my locally-hosted VMs in order to be able to react fast in case of a failure and/or restore specific files if something goes wrong.

Björn v.

"Just works!"

What do you like best?

Quick and relatively easy deployment. I've used the free version to backup a tiny two-node Hyper-V HA cluster. Installation was a breeze and in less then an hour, everything worked as planned.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. For my limited purpose, it just worked right out of the box.

I manage a few small HA clusters at different sites across the country that, in essence, run just a single application on one VM. The application has to run on-site and on-line backups are not practical (limited bandwidth) in some cases and not possible in others. Vembu solves this problem neatly, providing us with a cheap (free!) solution that allows us to reliably backup everything to an on-site NAS.

"No doubt a good tool"

What do you like best?

Vembu is a good backup tool. Some features are very interesting, since it is a very comprehensive tool. Some improvements would make this application above average. Great setup mode and easy access to everything a backup tool needs. Completely useful for file backup, many files need to be backed up within folders with very long paths, Vembu proved to be a tool capable of copying these files without any kind of problem. The restoration for the original folder proved to be very good too.

What do you dislike?

Because most of the management is via the web, it can sometimes take time to load the screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend to other companies of small and medium size, to test the Veembu tool, since it is very complete and will have no worries about the backup of your files and servers.

We solve corrupted restore problems;

We solved time problems that it took to perform the full backup;

The benefits were of a simple tool to configure more powerful, during the use were not detected problems with backups or restores

Terry S.

"Vembu needs more time"

What do you like best?

The free version will allow me to make an image to use in vmware, I have been happy with the setup so far

What do you dislike?

a little convoluted to get from trial to free, I couldn't find a way to activate it, it was not very intuitive, I wanted to use the free version for a while to get a better feel for the software, we have a medium sized virtual server farm and need a robust solution. Our current solution was undersold and has created both a backup problem and a business problem as the principle is concerned how we were undersold.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software definitely has a learning curve, I'm sure it can do everything I want it to and more, but I had to move into another project so I am still working on more than a basic setup. We may need to revisit this as I have more P to V to accomplish first.

physical to virtual move of a server worked well, better than VmWare's for me. I was able to setup and run backups, Liked that I could automate backups, I had to do manual when I used the free version of Veeam.

Darrian C.

"Great product with great support"

What do you like best?

The product itself is constantly improved and updated, and the Vembu support team is always on hand to assist with problems. Feature requests are taken seriously and usually implemented if the feature will benefit all clients.

What do you dislike?

The licensing of the product is slightly over-complicated, but this could be improved and the support personnel are always on hand to answer questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Install Vembu BDR suite in a virtual environment for testing prior to roll out in order to familiarize yourself with the product prior to installing in production.

Backup and disaster recovery - we now have relative peace of mind.

Peter P.

"Functional and reliable"

What do you like best?

Had a server up and running in under 30 mins ready for backups and receiving a backup. Implementation is always a pain point. This quick spinup time was a nice break.

What do you dislike?

No AD intergration for remote deployments, reports are limited

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Domain deployment is non-existant, was unable to deploy with a GPO or other tools. Had to manually install on workstations. Not good for a large deployment (free version but using a premium trial). A RMM might be able to help with a custom script.

Using the free version for not to backup a DC in a clients environment while waiting for ISP to increase bandwidth for offsite backups.

Rahiim P.

"Best Backup software out there for SME's"

What do you like best?

Incremental VM Backups, Customer Support and Scheduled Backups as well as Replication options.

What do you dislike?

The application opens in a Browser window instead of as an application.

This can sometimes conflict with Server group policies on internet browsers and/or webpages.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pricing is better than veeam and the solution offers just as much, if not more.

Backing up of Important VM's and also there is less space consumed with the backups thanks to the incremental backup solution.

This also has numerous restore points up to a month for a backup.

Previously we could not automate backups within the software, we had to run a script in windows and schedule the script. now we do not need to worry about that anymore.

Michael P.

"It works!"

What do you like best?

Cost Effective, Can build your own servers

What do you dislike?

some learning to do to implement but easy

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It works. It's cheap, you can use your own hardware to make the backup servers.

Getting good low level backups. Continuous backups. Easy file recovery. VM restoration. A lot of different types of recovery modes. Dededuplication is great because it speeds up the backup process greatly after a reboot of the server and or desktop.

Matthew P.

"Excellent Support Rec"

What do you like best?

Response time is great. Each time I have submitted an issue I received a reply back within minutes.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the only thing I am not thrilled with is the lack of comprehensive reporting by the Online Backup application. It would be nice to have some reports to better monitor my clients with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am looking for a more comprehensive reporting feature from the Online Backup app to better help me monitor my clients.

I am a Offsite Data backup provider for various companies/industries.

"It just works!!"

What do you like best?

We have used other backup/DR tools in the past which have always failed when you need them most, we ended up doing the backups manually which became too much.

We then found and tested Vembu and It's so easy to use, we can connect remotely to keep an eye on the tasks and the whole setup is a joy to use. Support is also fantastic, they are quick at responding and very helpful and informative.

What do you dislike?

I've not found anything I dislike with the product as yet, we've tested in a DR situation and that worked great, the licensing is easy to understand and manageable.

Like I said, we lost all confidence in the other backup tools we were using as they failed on us at the critical times. Now we have a automated solution that just works in the background.

"Your safety ally"

What do you like best?

All companies are looking to keep their data safe and secure, with Vembu ensuring that our data was protected with an efficient backup solution. Vembu is an ally with regard to backup security. It was not necessary to contact the support, because the tool is very practical and easy to access the settings.

What do you dislike?

I found the installation a little heavy, there were no problems, but a lighter application would be welcome

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A good application and reference in backup software. Meets the needs of diverse IT environments, thus ensuring business continuity.

Some of the benefits we get from using Vembu:

Configuring backup jobs.

Shorter time to see the daily backup logs performed.

Total access to change that are added from time to time.

Backups on the network.

Backups of VMs (Hyper-V).

Darrian C.

"Vembu BDR - A Good Starting Point for Disaster Recovery"

What do you like best?

Vembu is easy to configure and has a robust disaster recovery topology if utilized with OffsiteDR. Their support and service is fantastic too.

What do you dislike?

Backup restore times are longer than you would expect, which could be a limiting factor if restoring a large backup quickly is needed.

Data backup and disaster recovery. We have managed to restore accidentally deleted files as well as recover from server loss.

"Great tool for VM backups and replication"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of Vembu, it's super intuitive to use in either ESX or Hyper V. I've tried both full/increment VM backup and VM replication and both work flawlessly. It's also a really cost effective way to backup your environment.

Finally, what makes it even better is the support guys are on point.

What do you dislike?

At the moment i've not seen anything bad about Vembu. The only really issue i've had was a bug in the VembuBDR version deployed via OVF, but the support guys were able to point me to a solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say run the trial and make your own mind up. The product works really well and it's easy to use and cost effective. Also more importantly support are quick to respond and know their stuff.

There are a lot of products like this, but I would say cost and support are what makes Vembu stand out.

Harrison L.

"Life saver "

What do you like best?

Vembu saved our startup on more than one occasion when a winter storm hit the city a few years ago. When a power outage caused the power to be down for about 3 days we had set our servers to backup nightly and it was able to save all our data to Vembu’s servers.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t too much to dislike about their service, the only thing that I’d suggest a slight improvement on is their base line prices.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your workstations and your servers are compatible with their software.

We established a great sense of peace of mind using Vembu, both with our records and customer information.

C

"A fast and reliable backup solution for all environments."

What do you like best?

After we sarted working with Vembu, it was possible to see a great improvement on our daily routine. Our team used to spend more than two hours a day just solving backup problems, but with Vembu, we do not spend any time, errors are way less common and the overall usability of the software is much better than the solution we used to implement to our customers.

What do you dislike?

Vembu Web Console sometimes hangs a bit, but i believe its because the machine requirements are high for running Vembu properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Strongly recommend Vembu. It's fast and reliable, almost no backup errors in a long period of usage.

Backup and Recovery, Data Backup, Virtual Machine Backup, Backup to External Media, File Backup, VHD Backup.

Graham G.

"Vembu provides a comprehensive suite for backup solutions"

What do you like best?

I can backup files, servers and VMs from a common interface, and replicate a 2nd copy offsite. I have pushed the product hard, and the vembu support team has always been quick to assist when needed. It is nice to know that type of support is available.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much, you just need to use the trial product for a while to get used to the console.

As an MSP my customers feel safer knowing that they get a daily emailed image of their server running on alternate hardware. So they know their backups are good backups.

C

"Excelent backup software for virtual machines and physical servers"

What do you like best?

I currently use Vembu to manage virtual machine backups. Before, I performed backups of these virtual machines through long scripts that often gave us several problems and it was necessary to spend hours to fix the error. With Vembu, this has never happened again, and we have confidence in the solution. We went through a delicate situation where we needed to recover several virtual machines, and Vembu worked perfectly.

What do you dislike?

Personally i dislike the web console. If it was a local console on the machine, i think it could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Vembu is an excelent software for virtual machine and physical server backup. I recommend it for sure.

Virtual Machine Backup, Backup & Disaster Recovery, File Backup

C

" Full of features and easy to use"

What do you like best?

About 2 years ago, we migrated several of our customers to Vembu after a problem we had with our last backup solution. Since then, we've noticed that we do not spend time resolving backup errors, since they're hard to come by. Vembu proved to be reliable and quick at the time we need such as disaster and recovery situations, for example.

What do you dislike?

One downside of Vembu is the amount of resources the server needs to run without problems. Definitely not a lightweight software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend Vembu, it has everything a backup solution needs, at an affordable price.

With Vembu, we are utilizing disaster recovery and backup solutions, file-level recovery, VM backup and job monitoring.

William M.

"The best offline backup"

What do you like best?

I like the incremental schedule, it helps to keep 1 copy and only do modified files.

What do you dislike?

As of right now there are no downfalls to this system.

Keeping all of my vms backed for the just incase.

Zoltan G.

"Reliable product to backup virtual machines"

What do you like best?

The installation and initial setup is straightforward. I like the intuitive user interface and the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

None that I can think of so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a reliable and easy to set-up Backup and DR solution.

We are using Vembu BDR to backup our primary backup solution, thus provide a DR solution for our Backup Infrastructure.

I
Internal Consultant

"Excelent tool for enterprise backup"

What do you like best?

In the past year, in my business we've been implementing Vembu as a backup solution for our customers. I have to say that this solution proved to be a strong alternative for most premium backup solutions. It has a lot of features and is fast, trustable and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Personally i dislike the Vembu Web Console. I think that i would be more stable if it was a standard application installed on the system. But that's not something to complain about, its functional, just a personal preference.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Vembu. Its a solid backup solution for your business.

Backup & Disaster Recovery, Server Backup, File Backup, VM Backup

Al W.

"Easy to setup"

What do you like best?

Vembu is really simple to setup and gives you fine control of what to backup in your DataCenter. You can set it up to backup hosts of a the whole cluster.

What do you dislike?

It would be neat if incremental backups were supported in the free edition.

However the free edition is really generous in allowing you backup unlimited VMs.

We need to backup our Lab so we can pull an image on demand.

"Nice to have but not a must for small businesses"

What do you like best?

We liked that the process was fairly automated following initial setup. There were jobs running in the background that backed up all of our files each night.

What do you dislike?

I felt it was a bit overkill for our company. We employ a large number of people, but most of them are in the warehouse. Our corporate office is only comprised of about 100 people. We found it was more than we needed and could easily manually back up our files for a lot cheaper.

We tried it out as a way of continuing the automation initiatives we have recently ventured into, but we found that file and system backups were easily done as a manual job once a day. We didn't feel the need to pay for such a robust platform.

"BDR Suite"

What do you like best?

Good Interface, easy to load, entire suite is covered for complete easy access to graphing.Automated backup verification

Near CDP ( <15 min)

Changed Block Tracking (CBT) – Incremental backups

Advanced reverse incremental – via Vembu HIVE, it creates bootable full virtual disks (VMDK, VHD and KVM) for all recovery points without using any additional resources

Retention Policies

Quick VM recovery (for ESXi and Hyper-V or KVM)

Disk level recovery

What do you dislike?

the free version has some limitation and those limitations apply for VMware vSphere or ESXi, Hyper-V, KVM and also to physical systems as Vembu has the possibility (via agents) to backup Windows systems (desktops/laptops/servers) and also provide a Bare Metal Recovery for those systems.

"Very Satisfied User"

What do you like best?

Vembu has been very reliable in my Server backups. If there is a problem, I get regular emails telling me the current status of each backup

What do you dislike?

Vembu support is VERY responsive. My only issue is that there is sometimes a language barrier. Their English is hard to understand at times because they speak so fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fully test before going into production. Each install has it's own unique set of challenges

Vembu frees up my time and provides my customers with a secure feeling that if there was a hardware failure , they can be back up and running in a very short period of time

User in Management Consulting

"Vembu BDR review"

What do you like best?

Vembu Saas backup is a comprehensive and easy to use option that is the perfect fit for small businesses. They offer a backup and data recovery solution for virtual and physical environments absolutely free. It's simple intuitive virtual interface makes management a breeze. I personally love the online portal and the dashboard feature which allows users a snapshot of their account and services.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I dislike at this time, it delivers everything it promises. I have no complaints about the solution at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend Vembu to any SMB or individual user who would benefit from the cost savings of a quality solution without having to sacrifice level of service.

Saas backup, office 365, Virtual and physical backup and Data recovery

I
Internal Consultant

"A reliable backup solution for enterprise backup"

What do you like best?

Since we started using Vembu on our business, it became so much easier to manage backup jobs and recover files, that we don't have any plans on changing our backup solution anytime soon. We were using a backup solution that only works with tapes, and it was slow to recover files. Now, with external HDs, its faster and a much easier to recover anything.

What do you dislike?

Sadly it doesn't support rotating medias. But i hope that they will implement that feature soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Vembu is a excellent solution for enterprise backup. I recommend it for sure.

Backup and Recover, File Recover, Virtual Machine Backup

C

"The Best Backup/DR tool"

What do you like best?

We can have unlimited VMs backup using this tool. The replication feature allows you to replicate between remote sites seamlessly. The licensing model works for Bare metal servers & Virtual Hypervisors as well.All this with a very minimum cost.

What do you dislike?

License binding to the physical host. We need to change the license (re-assign) to the new host which is not an easy task.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a easy plug and play kind of setup with not much complexities involved, then go for it.

It solved my backup solution for heterogeneous environment. We use it for virtual platform, bare metal platform, Physical hosts.

The technical support is excellent.

C

"Very good experience with Vembu"

What do you like best?

I've been working with Vembu in the last 1.5 years, and it was a big improvement from our previous backup software. With Vembu we gained a lot of functionalities, like backup deduplication, notifications, scheduled jobs and easy restore of files and Virtual Machines.

What do you dislike?

Vembu needs some better documentation on how to solve some problems, but that's nothing to complain about, i was able to solve everything i faced in 1.5 years of usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Vembu. It's a reliable backup solution.

File Recovery, Backup & Disaster Recovery, Server Backup, Database Backup, Backup Monitoring, Backup Deduplication

"Best backup software I have used in a long time"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup and get backups going, very easy customisation and really quick to restore files or full servers at the drop of a hat.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes so far, been an amazing system to use

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommend using this due to ease of setup and ease of use

Easy backup and restore solving issues like accidental deletions and failed servers, easy to boot up a new VM.

Paweł N.

"Affordable and solid backup solution"

What do you like best?

Cost effective licensing options. Web based management offers more flexibility. Simplicity of use can be a plus.

What do you dislike?

UI can be sluggish at times. Recovery process for file based backups is a bit slow. Had some problems during one of the upgrades.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Businesses looking for a cost effective and simple backup solution.

Reliable data security without stretching the budget.

Efstratios M.

"Quick and easy operations to backup"

What do you like best?

I would liked the Vembu support that helped me via remote session to solve a situation that had with one VM backup

What do you dislike?

So far have not seen any that I do not like.

Business backups

Michael W.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of the product and the willingness by support to work through our issues with us.

What do you dislike?

Needs a bit more polishing and needs a central management platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth every cent.

Disaster recovery has been simplified along with backups.

C

"Easy to use and reliable backup solution"

What do you like best?

At my work we currently implement Vembu for our customers, and Vembu has improved a lot the security level of our customers in general. It's fast, easy to use and has features that most premium backup solutions dont even has. We and our customers are very happy with Vembu.

What do you dislike?

Vembu needs a lot in terms of machine specs, so you must have a good server for installing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Vembu for those looking for a trustable enterprise backup solution

Backup & Recovery, Disaster Recovery, File Level Recovery, Virtual Machine Recovery

"Simple and effective software for VM backups"

What do you like best?

Cost effective and flexibility of the software. Dont need expensive hardware to backup , restore or store data

What do you dislike?

The software is meeting all our requirement which is intended to be done. We are basically using this for VM backups of our development machines and sometimes licencing compliance check of the software causes issues in our environment due to VM's being migrated to other host. But i dont blame the software for it, as VM's need to be kept on the licenced host

Backing up of devolopment VM's on a daily basis with lot of data changes is hard to achieve. Quick backups and easy restore procedures are commendable.

C

"Fast backups and easy management"

What do you like best?

We had a very big problem managing our customers with the old backup solution we had. After we started using Vembu, the whole process got easier. We receive daily alerts with backup reports, we can easily configure the jobs and their interface is easy to use

What do you dislike?

Personally, i've had a bad experience with documentation, but i was able to solve the problem that i was looking for a solution

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommend Vembu because is easy to use, relatively cheap and reliable.

Backup and recovery, Backup monitoring, Scheduled backups, Data deduplication

"Good Experience"

What do you like best?

Vembu BDR Suite has a plethora of features and functionalities that offer businesses numerous benefits in terms of data back up and recovery. Easy-to-Use System, BDR Progress Monitoring, Integration with Virtual Environments, Protection of Windows Machines, Protection of Critical Applications and Files and Offsite Data Replication.

What do you dislike?

Price per CPU. Vembu BDR Suite offers several SMB and enterprise pricing options for users to consider. Give the details a look, and select the best option for your business

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend.

We use this software to Server Crash and File Corruption.

C

"Excelent solution for enterprise backup"

What do you like best?

At my work, we currently deploy Vembu as an option for our custommers. We trust on Vembu because of the simplicity this software has on most tasks, like creating a backup job, recovering files and doing bare metal recovery. Vembu currently is the solution we most implement by far.

What do you dislike?

Vembu is not a lightweight application. It means that you must have a good machine to implement that backup solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this solution. Is fast, responsive and easy to implement.

Backup, Disaster Recovery, File Level Backup

"Does What It Says On The Tin - For Free/Low Cost!"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, Ease-of-Use, Cost, Minimal Set Up, Great Support

What do you dislike?

Adding in a service account caused some initial issues, but this has now been resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a go - I have found it has satisfied our business need.

Backing up our "less-critical" physical servers - benefits include receiving notifications when the job is done, and Vembu also verifies the integrity of the image when completed.

Learn more about Vembu BDR Suite